No announcement yet.

Fadi El-Khatib: Lebanon has no chance against Greece

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A few greek guys said that they were "embarrassed" by the result today. Shall I presume that you mean that you felt sorry (not in the bad sense) for Lebanon? I don't understand why one should feel embarrassed for winning by a big margin. It is a strange choice of a word. Unless you meant that Greece should have cut some slack and not allow the margin to get as high as it did.
    The Euroleague Organization and Mr Bertomeu are like the Bulgarian Government: corrupt, partially stupid, and a huge underestimator of people's intelligence.

Comment

Originally posted by Juan Carlos Nadal
      Unless you meant that Greece should have cut some slack and not allow the margin to get as high as it did.
      on the spot

Comment

Originally posted by fasoulaki
        Didnt he play the C in the starting five?
        Yes and he was horrible ofcourse. When he was in the game playing as a PF, he was the good old Tsartsaris. Although he is not a soft guy and he is 2,10, his game is not suited for the C position...

Comment

We should never be and we will never be ashamed of our players..they played bad..so what?! Every team passes through a difficult and a bad phase..how we get past this, is what matters..as you said dani...this is a continuation...we have a very promising youth national team..i think our basketball has a very respectable future.

Concerning Greece, you should not feel sorry for us! This will makes and let us feel bad! you had a great game, and we had a bad one, and you had to deliver a strong message to the rest of the teams especially that you are playing on your court!...Hard luck for us, hopefully in the near future..we will have a team that will beat you by 50 pts too!

Comment

Originally posted by nnt01
            We should never be and we will never be ashamed of our players..they played bad..so what?! Every team passes through a difficult and a bad phase..how we get past this, is what matters..as you said dani...this is a continuation...we have a ver promising youthe national team..i think our basketball has a very respectable future.
            Very true. And let's not forget that Lebanon beat France not so long ago. Every team has a bad night like this (not underestimating Greece of course).
            Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht
            Artificial Nature

Comment

Well said, friend.
              I never meant to say that we feel sorry for you. On the contrary, what these players have done amidst the war and turmoil is simply amazing. I only meant that we could have taken it a bit easier.

And I most definitely am not a guy
              Start your day with a smile and get over it

Comment

Originally posted by Ilya
                And I most definitely am not a guy
                I did not say anything about you being a guy or not!

Comment

Someone talked about Greek "guys" feeling embarrassed. You didn't say any such thing

Comment

Someone talked about Greek "guys" feeling embarrassed. You didn't say any such thing

To my defense, "guy" and "dude" are gender non-specific anymore. I call my female friends "dudes"/"guys" and so do themselves.

What was the situation at the arena? How many people showed up for the games?
                    The Euroleague Organization and Mr Bertomeu are like the Bulgarian Government: corrupt, partially stupid, and a huge underestimator of people's intelligence.

Comment

Hoppe Greece won't peak too early. It will be a difficult task to keep their shape till Olympic Elimination games.
                      "It's not about four guys working to get one player open and give the ball to him."- Ettore Messina

Sanchez, Ginobili, Basile, Kukoc, Sabonis

Comment

Originally posted by DanMajerle
                        Hoppe Greece won't peak too early. It will be a difficult task to keep their shape till Olympic Elimination games.
                        That's what makes the idea of the pre-Olympic tournament such a bad one. Whoever qualifies from that thing would have a very hard summer ahead of them, and I can already predict some really tired and underperforming players in the winter.

Comment

Well, the arena was basically more empty than full. I think sth like 4.000 people (I didn't go, I was just counting heads on the screen ). The atmosphere in OAKA is sort of cold when there aren't enough people, but I couldn't really tell you. There were some Lebanon fans as well, and they were sitting among the Greek fans, which was such a welcome change from the Greek A1 battle-zones!

So, if you call your women friends dude or guy you must be an English native speaker, right? (Yes, some of my friends do call me malaka too!)

Comment

Originally posted by Juan Carlos Nadal
                            That's what makes the idea of the pre-Olympic tournament such a bad one. Whoever qualifies from that thing would have a very hard summer ahead of them, and I can already predict some really tired and underperforming players in the winter.
                            I don't know, maybe the players could have some time off before the Olympics, or do you think that's a dreadful idea? (I keep having images of DD13 collapsing in my head-awful!)

Comment

Well, the arena was basically more empty than full. I think sth like 4.000 people (I didn't go, I was just counting heads on the screen ). The atmosphere in OAKA is sort of cold when there aren't enough people, but I couldn't really tell you. There were some Lebanon fans as well, and they were sitting among the Greek fans, which was such a welcome change from the Greek A1 battle-zones!
                              Today a lebanese newspaper said..that for our game...all the 18000 seats are all booked and the arena will be full!! and there are around 300 lebanese fans coming to the match!!

Not a bit of exaggeration at all!

Comment

Yes, I read on a Greek site that there were 5000 people in the arena, but I think that might be an exaggeration too. I think there will be more people on Wednesday when the Greek team plays against the-unfortunately-without-Varejao-team, but the prices of the tickets are a bit over the top, so some people couldn't go to all the games.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information