Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Fadi El-Khatib: Lebanon has no chance against Greece

Quote Originally Posted by KWSN-Men
    What happened to Tsartsaris? Suddenly in form? Strange.

Must have been that he was not playing center today...
    Didnt he play the C in the starting five?

Great performance, but i feel a little embarrassed too, just because the opponent were the lebanese and i like them.
    I wouldn't mind if the opponent was someone else

I don't really think we could have such an advantage against the teams we' d be needing it. There are only a few teams who are as good or better than this team and that kind of edge would never work against them. Let's face it: The Liths, the Russians, the Spaniards or the US team would never really be afraid of us. (Sorry if I'm forgetting a couple of teams).
    Start your day with a smile and get over it

Quote Originally Posted by fasoulaki
    Actually he did. I don't know about his form though, maybe he needs the competitiveness to perform.

Senior Member Turkish Airlines Euroleague's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ilya
    I don't really think we could have such an advantage against the teams we' d be needing it. There are only a few teams who are as good or better than this team and that kind of edge would never work against them. Let's face it: The Liths, the Russians, the Spaniards or the US team would never really be afraid of us. (Sorry if I'm forgetting a couple of teams).
    And we will never really be afraid of them. Guys, Greece did what it has to do, today. Don't forget that this was actually a preparation game ( not offense ) for the upcoming Olympic tournament, and all players give their best.

Quote Originally Posted by daniab

This is not my team , this is not our performance,i know we were going to loose but not by shamefull loss.
    You shouldn't be feeling like that man. This is sports, someone wins, someone loses and there's no shame in that. You said it yourself, you played without one of your two best players.

You shouldn't be feeling like that man. This is sports, someone wins, someone loses and there's no shame in that. You said it yourself, you played without one of your two best players.
    well even so its not an excuse to loose by this big margin.
    I know who is greece and how good they are ? but still we can manage a respectfull performance as korea did today.
    I felt a big shame seeing the players running without any enthusiasm,i missed the games that we used to be very enthusiast to play and make the people here in lebanon proud,especially the game vs france that we won it.Basketball is the only thing that made the people here happy and forgetting for a moment the wars.
    Proud to be Lebanese
    www.arabasket.com

Quote Originally Posted by daniab
    I felt a big shame seeing the players running without any enthusiasm,i missed the games that we used to be very enthusiast to play and make the people here in lebanon proud,especially the game vs france that we won it.Basketball is the only thing that made the people here happy and forgetting for a moment the wars.
    You should never be ashamed of your players, that's an awful thing to say.

Now you're making me feel even worse.

You should never be ashamed of your players, that's an awful thing to say.

Now you're making me feel even worse.
    I have never been ashamed of my players,because i know what these players have given to us.But the baskebtall is a continuity and some in lebanon are still leaving on some acheivements in the past.
    I know that the situation in lebanon didnt help a lot,but even so i remember the WC 2006 when we played and lebanon were under a huge war and we could make a very respectfull participation.
    Proud to be Lebanese
    www.arabasket.com

Senior Member Juan Carlos Nadal's Avatar

A few greek guys said that they were "embarrassed" by the result today. Shall I presume that you mean that you felt sorry (not in the bad sense) for Lebanon? I don't understand why one should feel embarrassed for winning by a big margin. It is a strange choice of a word. Unless you meant that Greece should have cut some slack and not allow the margin to get as high as it did.

Quote Originally Posted by Juan Carlos Nadal
    Unless you meant that Greece should have cut some slack and not allow the margin to get as high as it did.
    on the spot

Quote Originally Posted by fasoulaki
    Yes and he was horrible ofcourse. When he was in the game playing as a PF, he was the good old Tsartsaris. Although he is not a soft guy and he is 2,10, his game is not suited for the C position...

We should never be and we will never be ashamed of our players..they played bad..so what?! Every team passes through a difficult and a bad phase..how we get past this, is what matters..as you said dani...this is a continuation...we have a very promising youth national team..i think our basketball has a very respectable future.

Concerning Greece, you should not feel sorry for us! This will makes and let us feel bad! you had a great game, and we had a bad one, and you had to deliver a strong message to the rest of the teams especially that you are playing on your court!...Hard luck for us, hopefully in the near future..we will have a team that will beat you by 50 pts too!

Quote Originally Posted by nnt01
    We should never be and we will never be ashamed of our players..they played bad..so what?! Every team passes through a difficult and a bad phase..how we get past this, is what matters..as you said dani...this is a continuation...we have a ver promising youthe national team..i think our basketball has a very respectable future.
    Very true. And let's not forget that Lebanon beat France not so long ago. Every team has a bad night like this (not underestimating Greece of course).
    Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht
    Artificial Nature

Well said, friend.
    I never meant to say that we feel sorry for you. On the contrary, what these players have done amidst the war and turmoil is simply amazing. I only meant that we could have taken it a bit easier.

And I most definitely am not a guy

And I most definitely am not a guy
    I did not say anything about you being a guy or not!

Someone talked about Greek "guys" feeling embarrassed. You didn't say any such thing

Senior Member Juan Carlos Nadal's Avatar

Someone talked about Greek "guys" feeling embarrassed. You didn't say any such thing

To my defense, "guy" and "dude" are gender non-specific anymore. I call my female friends "dudes"/"guys" and so do themselves.

What was the situation at the arena? How many people showed up for the games?

Hoppe Greece won't peak too early. It will be a difficult task to keep their shape till Olympic Elimination games.
    "It's not about four guys working to get one player open and give the ball to him."- Ettore Messina

Sanchez, Ginobili, Basile, Kukoc, Sabonis

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast