Fadi El-Khatib: Lebanon has no chance against Greece

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i watched this match and it was "best Greece vs. worst Lebanon"

i think (indeed I hope) Lebanese team did not show their full power because their most important match is Brazil's match. Greece is not beatable for asian teams !

Comment

I think the Lebanon team was afraid or something, they don't play like that for sure.
      Originally Posted by -K2- View Post
      16 free throws in the last 4 minutes...
      Puerto Rico had 20 the whole game

Seriosuly... someone quote this whole post and signature me... Greek Loby Rulz
      8/29/2010...THE DAY WE GOT ROBBED!

Comment

Good game for Greece I am glad they were concentrated because Lebanon isn't so bad as it looked tonight.

And one more thing: Lebanese posters don't need anyone's pity or feeling sorry for them. These things happen in sports and sometimes this kind of loss is a blessing in disguise because they will have the chance to re-evaluate things and try to become more competitive, similar to what Greece had to go through after the 2001 and 2003 Euro championships.

And one more thing: anyone remember Rony Seikaly??? That's right, I mean center of Miami Heat who made a couple of all star games.
        Some people know that he comes from Lebanon but fewer know that he grew up in Athens and played for the junior team of Panathinaikos.
        The guy went on to become an NCAA star with the Syracuse Orangemen and actually played in the NCAA final back in 1987 (same year that Greece won the Eurochamp at home). He had a long and productive career in the nba I wonder if he still visits Athens nowadays.

Comment

Originally posted by GR8BBALL
          And one more thing: anyone remember Rony Seikaly??? That's right, I mean center of Miami Heat who made a couple of all star games.
          Some people know that he comes from Lebanon but fewer know that he grew up in Athens and played for the junior team of Panathinaikos.
          The guy went on to become an NCAA star with the Syracuse Orangemen and actually played in the NCAA final back in 1987 (same year that Greece won the Eurochamp at home). He had a long and productive career in the nba I wonder if he still visits Athens nowadays.
          Rony Seikaly was born in lebanon,he left to Athens,lebanon in that time were passing in tough time, he complete his secondary years there in Athens,then he moved to US to join a college.
          Rony is now in Lebanon,he opened a foundation.
          Proud to be Lebanese
          www.arabasket.com

Comment

Sinhariteria (Congratulations) for Greece!
            U guys kicked our asses fair and square. U played 40 minutes of excellent basketball and ur defense was amazing (pressuring the guy with the ball the whole game and not giving any chances for our players).
            Lebanon couldn't have done anything even if we had our 1st center Vogel (I think that the only difference was that we would have lost by around 30 points instead of 57).
            I hope that Lebanon gives everything they have tonight against Brazil and I just hope they play well (For me that would be losing by less than 20 points).

Comment

Originally posted by Ilya
              Well, the arena was basically more empty than full. I think sth like 4.000 people (I didn't go, I was just counting heads on the screen ). The atmosphere in OAKA is sort of cold when there aren't enough people, but I couldn't really tell you. There were some Lebanon fans as well, and they were sitting among the Greek fans, which was such a welcome change from the Greek A1 battle-zones!

So, if you call your women friends dude or guy you must be an English native speaker, right? (Yes, some of my friends do call me malaka too!)
              I was a bit surprised that not so many people went to the game.
              I am assuming that many Greeks would now be on vacation where they usually go to the Greek Islands. Also i think there will be more fans in the upcoming games when Greece gets closer to the final stages.
              I was happy to see that there were many Greek female supporters who went to the game as well .
              As for the Lebanese fans sitting among the Greek fans, please note that there are many Lebanese who live in Greece and they consider it as their second country. Also ur culture is really close to ours (Mediterranean).
              I have many Lebanese friends that live in Greece and they love it there.

Comment

Rony Fahed's interview after the game:

http://www.athens2008.fiba.com/pages...News_arti.html
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGm8yh7amQI

Comment

Originally posted by Khalid80
                  Sinhariteria (Congratulations) for Greece!
                  U guys kicked our asses fair and square. U played 40 minutes of excellent basketball and ur defense was amazing (pressuring the guy with the ball the whole game and not giving any chances for our players).
                  Lebanon couldn't have done anything even if we had our 1st center Vogel (I think that the only difference was that we would have lost by around 30 points instead of 57).
                  I hope that Lebanon gives everything they have tonight against Brazil and I just hope they play well (For me that would be losing by less than 20 points).
                  It was a combination of inexperience against a tough defense and the fact that it was the second shortest team against the tallest one.

BTW, I just realised that Kavala is in Cameroun, or that's according to the official site.

Comment

Originally posted by Remon
                    It was a combination of inexperience against a tough defense and the fact that it was the second shortest team against the tallest one.
                    Yeah that's true. The Greek team is also physically tough. Ur players fight hard for the rebounds and when u have a guy like big Sofo (He's like a buldozer) under the basket it's so tough to stop him.
                    Last edited by rikhardur; 07-15-2008, 06:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Khalid80
                      Yeah that's true. The Greek team is also physically tough. Ur players fight hard for the rebounds and when u have a guy like big Sofo (He's like a buldozer) under the basket it's so tough to stop him.
                      Actually, that's one of his nicknames along with "Baby Shaq" and "Big Sofo".

Comment

....lebanon should get the lyks of hall of famers ali fakhreddine
                        ------------------------------------------------------

philippines94,lebanon75
                        2005 exhibition game
                        sigpicNEVER SAY DIE PILIPINAS!

Comment

Originally posted by rocketstar47
                          ....lebanon should get the lyks of hall of famers ali fakhreddine
                          ------------------------------------------------------

philippines94,lebanon75
                          2005 exhibition game

Ali Fakhreddine is already on the Lebanese NT. What do u mean by Hall of Famer? The guy plays ok but he's no Hall of Famer.

Comment

BTW, I just realised that Kavala is in Cameroun, or that's according to the official site.
                            Hahahaha! I was borned and raised in Kavala. I thought i was greek...hmm..maybe i have to reconsider now..

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information