No announcement yet.

Cameroon NT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cameroon NT will play preparation games in Serbia and China according to this:

Not sure which Chinese teams it will play.
    aim low, score high

Comment

Mbah a Moute says he won't play because insurance is too expensive:
      Originally posted by Fedfan
      Most ppl get childish when they lose.
      Originally posted by GuTO
      refs in games of Spain walks with literally poop in his pants afraid of the Spanish players

Comment

That will be a very good experience for Cameroon, facing China and Serbia.

Comment

Two Cameroonian players are playing in Malaysia's NBL: Chris Kuete and Gaston Essengue.
          aim low, score high

Comment

There will be no trip to China. Currently, the Ministry of Sports is not giving out any money for the first stages of training. The national-team may travel to Morocco, who invited them and maybe to Serbia due to Peak, who are sponsoring Cameroon. Also, they are sending out the tickets for the players now and there won't be a big selection of players. Mbah A Moute is in Yaounde currently, but even though local newspapers report, that he might be playing, I think he won't.

I from Wisconsin!
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ca6O8FR0rbQ

TO SYNTHESIZER WE ARE A BIG TEAM

Comment

Ruben Boumtje Boumtje Retires - Nov 2, 2011 (by Miles Schmidt-Scheuber)

A very sad day has arrived in the basketball world today as ex NBA player and long time German league player Ruben Boumtje (212-C-78, college: Georgetown) announced his retirement on account of heart disease. Boumtje Boumtje who last played for FC Bayren Munich had a 11year basketball career and had this statement about his decision to hang up his sneakers. On account of abnormal behavior of my heart and the chance to further damage my heart by continuing to play basketball, I was told by doctors, to minimize any stress. Despite taking tests that showed my heart was ok through continued stress, I didnt want to take the risk and decided to retire. My health and family are more important. I wish all players that have abnormal behavior with their heart to take it seriously and make tests so they can make the right decisions concerning their career. I want to thank all teams and coaches that I had the chance to play for them. It was a big gift to have worked with so manygreat players. I also value the support of the fans. Myfamily and I really appreciate the chances that basketball gave us. The wonderful memories and successes will always remain with us', stressed Ruben Boumtje boumtje.

Boumtje Boumtje is a 33 year old 212 cm center from Cameroun, Africa that played at Georgetown from 1997-2001. He Ranks fourth all-time in school history in blocks with 255 (behind Patrick Ewing, Alonzo Mourning and Dikembe Mutombo), 10th in total rebounds (710) and 15th in rebounding average (7.0 rpg). He was drafted bythe Portland Trail Blazers (NBA,2rd (50) in 2001. He played in the NBA from 2001-2004 amassing 35 NBA games for the Portland Trailblaizers. He also was part of NBA rosters with teams like the Cavaliars, Pacers, Magic and Spurs. In 2005, he came to Europe and played a season in Greece and since 2006 had played in Germany. In 2006-2007, he played for 8 time Beko BBL champion Alba Berlin. He then had a successful run playing for the EWE Baskets Oldenburg winning the Beko BBL title in 2009. Last season, he played for the Artland Dragons. 'We are all very sad that Ruben has to end his career like this. But the health of a person is most important. We will continue to stay in contact with Ruben and support him', stressed FC Bayern Munich sport director Marko Pesic. Awards/Achievements in his career were Third team All BIG EAST selection -00, 2nd Team All BIG EAST and Basketball News -01, 1st Team All BIG EAST by Lindy's -01, NCAA Sweet 16 -01, German Bundesliga Regular Season Champion -07, 10, German Bundesliga Semifinals -08, 11, Cameroonian National Team -08, 11, German Bundesliga Champion -09, African Championships in Libya -09 (Semifinals): 9 games: 4.3ppg, 3.3rpg, Blocks-5 (1.6bpg), and German Bundesliga Cup Semifinals -11

Source: FC bayern Munich
              Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht
              Artificial Nature

Comment

Cameroon NT is preparing for Afrobasket qualifiers. They are going to play some friendlies in China from 10 to 23 of July.
                Sixteen players have been called for this tour:

Aldo Curti
                Saidou Njoya
                Bassa Doumbe
                Parfait Bitée
                Charles Sibetcheu
                Christian Bayang
                Chris Rodgers
                Fernando Raposo
                Jérémy Nzeulie
                Rudy Jomby
                Fabien Ateba
                Yves Mekongo
                Kenny Kadji
                Michel Ipouck
                Gaston Essengue
                Ferdinand Prénom
                Amadou Aboubakar Zaki
                Junior Mbida
                Luc Mbah A Moute

http://www.fecabasket.com/fecabasket...I_EN_CHINE.pdf

Well, A Moute won't come, we already know about this...
                I have never heard some of the other guys. Are they all of Cameroonian descent or the Lions are trying to become something like Rwanda No 2?
                Not called: Wangmene, Aboya, Ndongo, Nana, Makanda.
                Last edited by sixama23; 07-06-2012, 12:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sixama23 View Post
                  Cameroon NT is preparing for Afrobasket qualifiers. They are going to play some friendlies in China from 10 to 23 of July.
                  Sixteen players have been called for this tour:

Aldo Curti
                  Saidou Njoya
                  Bassa Doumbe
                  Parfait Bitée
                  Charles Sibetcheu
                  Christian Bayang
                  Chris Rodgers
                  Fernando Raposo
                  Jérémy Nzeulie
                  Rudy Jomby
                  Fabien Ateba
                  Yves Mekongo
                  Kenny Kadji
                  Michel Ipouck
                  Gaston Essengue
                  Ferdinand Prénom
                  Amadou Aboubakar Zaki
                  Junior Mbida
                  Luc Mbah A Moute

http://www.fecabasket.com/fecabasket...I_EN_CHINE.pdf

Well, A Moute won't come, we already know about this...
                  I have never heard some of the other guys. Are they all of Cameroonian descent or the Lions are trying to become something like Rwanda No 2?
                  Not called: Wangmene, Aboya, Ndongo, Nana, Makanda.
                  I know:
                  Aldo Curti Gravelines (FRA-Pro A)
                  Saidou Njoya Boulazac (FRA-Pro B)
                  Parfait Bitée ASS (MOR)
                  Christian Bayang CRA (MOR)
                  Chris Rodgers Plazza (MOR)
                  Fernando Raposo Orleans (FRA-Pro A) *
                  Yves Mekongo Amicale (LUX)
                  Kenny Kadji Miami (NCAA)
                  Michel Ipouck Chartres (FRA-N1)
                  Gaston Essengue Italiana (ARG)
                  Amadou Aboubakar Zaki Denain (FRA-Pro B) **
                  Luc Mbah A Moute Milwaukee (NBA)

I dont know:
                  Bassa Doumbe Quimper (FRA-Pro B)
                  Charles Sibetcheu Vanves (FRA-N2)
                  Jérémy Nzeulie Nanterre (FRA-Pro A)
                  Rudy Jomby Cholet (FRA-Pro A) *
                  Fabien Ateba Rouen (FRA-Pro B)
                  Ferdinand Prénom Bourgogne (FRA-Pro A)*
                  Junior Mbida Lille (FRA-Pro B)

* Played for France U-20 NT
                  ** Is originally from Niger

I am missing: Harding Nana. Wangmene never has been a factor while Aboya has limited offensive skills.
                  Steve Tchiengang maybe of Vanderbilt...Yannick Atangana of Santa Clara.

I from Wisconsin!

Comment

Basketball, Lions in Camp

They are preparing for a tournament in China to run from July 16 to 28.
                    Players of the national basketball team are in camp at the Yaounde sports complex to prepare for a tournament in China. During the tournament, the basketball Lions will play against five Chinese clubs. So far, only three of the five professionals invited have responded present and three more are expected from France today together with a French coach, Perrain Michel, who will offer a helping hand to the Cameroon basketball federation. They are sorting out visa modalities to China from France before boarding the plane for Cameroon.
                    According to the coach who will accompany the team for the Chinese expedition, Lumumba Monikang, the tournament is organised by the official sponsor of the basketball national team, Peak, to serve as preparation for the qualifying series for the Africa Cup of Nations in basketball to begin in September. Monikang says he is working on the individual technics of the players and when the other coaches arrive, they will work on tactics. It is worthy to note it is the second time Cameroon is being invited to China for the tournament. Last year the basketball lions were unable to travel because of financial difficulties. The team captain, Gaston Essengue expressed the wish for Cameroon to multiply such initiatives so as to raise the level of Cameroonian basketball.
                    During the qualifiers, Cameroon will play in zone 4 with opponents such as Gabon, Central African Republic, Equatorial Guinea and Congo. The best performance of the Cameroon national basketball team was in 2007 when they won the silver medal at the FIBA African championship in Angola.
                    Source: http://www.cameroon-tribune.cm/index...sport&Itemid=3

Comment

I'm aware of 3 of their games in China: vs. Fujian (18th), Dongguan (19th) and Tianjin (21st). Not sure about the other 2 games. Dongguan will play some imports since they always have foreign players on their squad year-round as practice players.
                      aim low, score high

Comment

Originally posted by sinobball View Post
                        I'm aware of 3 of their games in China: vs. Fujian (18th), Dongguan (19th) and Tianjin (21st). Not sure about the other 2 games. Dongguan will play some imports since they always have foreign players on their squad year-round as practice players.
                        I will be thankful if you could post some stats from these games or any information about which players are part of Cameroon NT

Jeremy Nzeulie has joined the NT for the first time.
                        He uploaded some photos from the trip to China, on his twitter account.

Ax6wYZzCEAI3qgi.jpg AyAgCQoCAAAs548.jpg

Comment

Dongguan 75 Cameroon 63--Zhongshan, CHN

Cameroon 69 Tianjin Steel 63--Tianjin, CHN

Comment

More photos from the tour in China...

http://www.fecabasket.com/fecabasket...php?article947

Comment

Some of the players that went to China:
                              Gaston Essengue Italiana (ARG)
                              Christian Bayang CRA (MOR)
                              Jérémy Nzeulie Nanterre (FRA-Pro A)
                              Charles Sibetcheu Vanves (FRA-N2)
                              Boris Happi Bradley (USA)
                              Hans Ntamack Marquette Catholic HS (USA)
                              Melvin Eyabi INJS

others: Ngwese,Mbock,Tchoumbaye,Kamagou.

I from Wisconsin!

Comment

Yeah I don't know what happened to the Fujian game, maybe it never took place.

Here's the video of the entire Dongguan-Cameroon game (109 minutes):

Scorers:
                                Dongguan 75: David Patten 20, Luo Hanchen 15, He Zhongmian 13, Gu Quan 10
                                * Patten is one of their "foreign practice players", not going to play in CBA. Luo is a rookie.
                                Cameroon 63: Gaston Essengue 20, Christian Bayang 17, Charles Sibetcheu 10

The scorers from the Tianjin game:
                                Tianjin 63: Zhang Nan 17, Xu Lei 15, Xu Guijun 12
                                Cameroon 69: Christian Bayang 13, Gaston Essengue 12

Does anyone know if they have other games in China scheduled?
                                Last edited by sinobball; 07-24-2012, 05:47 AM.
                                aim low, score high

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information