No announcement yet.

Omri Casspi thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sacramento Kings forward Omri Casspi scored 20 points and shooting 6-7 from the three point area and overall was 7-10 on his field goal made/attempted to help the Kings beat the Cleveland Cavaliers 107-104.
    Sacramento Kings
    HERE WE STAY UNTIL THE COWBELLS COME HOME

Comment

The Omri Casspi Bill

The Israeli Parliament is contemplating on passing a Bill that allows Israel citizens abroad, to vote overseas during the election. Many has labeled it as the Omri Casspi Bill
      Sacramento Kings

Comment

Originally posted by CKR13 View Post
        The Israeli Parliament is contemplating on passing a Bill that allows Israel citizens abroad, to vote overseas during the election. Many has labeled it as the Omri Casspi Bill
        Actually it doesn't have much to do with Casspi, more with politics within Israel. which I could tell you about but you wouldn't really care

Comment

Casspi Wants Out of Sacramento - The Jerusalem Post, By Allon Sinai, April 4, 2011

For the fourth time in the past seven games, Omri Casspi never left the Sacramento Kings’ bench on Sunday night, watching from the sideline as his team claimed a 106-97 home victory over the Utah Jazz.

The 22-year-old Israeli forward has experienced an erratic sophomore season in the NBA under the guidance of fickle coach Paul Westphal. After playing a total of just 27 minutes in Sacramento’s last seven games, Casspi has revealed that he would like to leave the Kings for a team that would truly appreciate him.

“It’s not easy for me to sit on the bench, which has happened to me quite a bit in Sacramento’s last few games,” Casspi wrote in a column published on Israeli sports website ONE.

“I’m a player who lives the game and as soon as you take away the thing I love the most in the world – playing basketball, it is hard for me.

“The situation in Sacramento is not like it used to be in the past. Coach Paul Westphal is experimenting and trying different things and I’m certainly not in his plans. We have six more games until the end of the season, and although I won’t say that I’m counting the seconds, it is clear to me that I will have to make some decisions at the end of the year.”

Casspi, who has averaged 8.8 points and 4.4 rebounds in 69 games so far this season, claimed that there is plenty of interest in his services from other teams in the league.

“I know that there are many teams, including some playoff teams, that want me ahead of next season,” he wrote. “I hope to find myself in a team that appreciates me as a player and a person, a team that plays like a team.

“I still don’t know if I will definitely not be continuing with the Kings. I’ve got a contract and love the fans, the city, the owner and the general manager.

But things haven’t worked out and that is legitimate.

Sacramento is the team that gave me the chance to play in the NBA so it would be egotistical of me to say I want to leave, but I’m certain that I’m good enough to play, whether it is for the Kings or another team.

“Clearly the current situation is not ideal for the team and for me. There are other teams which suit me better and since I have an excellent relationship with the players and the staff, I hope that they appreciate me enough to let me leave for a place where I can play basketball.”

Here is a link to the site One where Casspi posted the column. Be careful, there are some bikini girls and pop-ups on that site (and it's in Hebrew).

Looking at his game log, we can see that in the last month, his minutes have dropped dramatically. The question is whether or not Paul Westphaul, the coach, will use him next year. It could be that Westphaul is just trying different things right now and next year Casspi will go back to 30 minutes per game.

...but...

I never like it when players complain, especially those superstars like Carmelo Anthony...but truthfully, Casspi has a point and everybody knows it. Casspi should be playing more minutes. He's young and ready to play right now. There is no reason to hold him back and I'm surprised he's not playing more.
          "I really like the attitudes of eagles. They never give up. When they grab a fish or something else, they never let it go. It doesn't matter. In a book, they write they find a skeleton of [an] eagle and there is no fish. It means that the fish beat him and killed him, but he didn't let go." -- Donatas Motiejunas

Comment

Originally posted by mvblair View Post

Here is a link to the site One where Casspi posted the column. Be careful, there are some bikini girls and pop-ups on that site (and it's in Hebrew).

Looking at his game log, we can see that in the last month, his minutes have dropped dramatically. The question is whether or not Paul Westphaul, the coach, will use him next year. It could be that Westphaul is just trying different things right now and next year Casspi will go back to 30 minutes per game.

...but...

I never like it when players complain, especially those superstars like Carmelo Anthony...but truthfully, Casspi has a point and everybody knows it. Casspi should be playing more minutes. He's young and ready to play right now. There is no reason to hold him back and I'm surprised he's not playing more.
            Thanks for the link, Matt.
            "A team that plays as a team". That says it all. The Kings are a horrible team, especially when Tyreke Evans has the ball in his hands. He dribbles way too long, he can't shoot consistently enough and he takes uncomfortable shots with the shot clock running out, instead of passing it to the shooters. DeMarcus Cousins is a walking catastrophe. A very unstable player but what is more important, a very immature person. There is a long jam at the position Casspi is playing and Westphal is definitely experimenting. But he does it the whole season and has no clue of what to do. Instead of giving the ball in the hands of Udrih more, he continues to go with Evans, when he is on the floor. But Evans is not a PG and he is not a real playmaker. He can't make his team better (yet). Casspi is right in telling that other teams might be interested in him. Basketball-wise, he is a good energizer with flaws and positive sides. Being Jewish, he can attract many fans and advertisers in bigger cities like New York (would fit him well), Chicago, Miami, LA... Even if he went to a bad team (how worse can it get?), it would be better for him, if he got consistent playing time there, like he did in Sacramento last year, where he was very good through the first 60 games but then became tired and his stats began dropping. Sacramento would be wise to let him go, instead of adding to the bad athmosphere that is already there.
            burnstein

Comment

I hope he goes to San Antonio.They need a good sf and maybe he could be even in a starting line up because Jefferson sucks.Serious team,serious coach,he would definetly have a bigger role than in Sacramento or the Knicks.

Comment

Originally posted by goga78
                There is a long jam at the position Casspi is playing and Westphal is definitely experimenting.
                Kings Team Report - Yahoo Sports, April 4, 2011

Starters:
                • Point guard Marcus Thornton
                • Shooting guard Tyreke Evans
                • Shooting forward Francisco Garcia
                • Power forward DeMarcus Cousins
                • Center Samuel Dalembert

Bench:
                • Guard Beno Udrih
                • Power forward Jason Thompson
                • Guard Pooh Jeter
                • Forward Darnell Jackson
                • Forward Omri Casspi
                This team does not need a jam at that SG/SF position. I guess the starting line-up is OK, but Casspi should at least be the first guy off the bench if he's not starting, not Jeter, Jackson, Thompson, or Jermaine Taylor.

But like you said, this team has not improved at all over the past few years.

Temper problems aside, Cousins shoots an abysmal 42% for a PF, gets 4 fouls a game, and averages 3 turnovers. I'm not as down on Evans as you, Goga, because I expect shooting guards to shoot a low percentage...although 41% (FGs) and 30% (3s) are much worse than the average. Garcia is serviceable. I don't mind him starting in front of Casspi. Thornton gets lots of buckets and is OK as a PG, but I think Udrih is better. Dalembert is OK.

If Cousisn left and if Evans could improve his precentages, they might get better. But the bottom line is that this team doesn't seem to have much of a future. The ownership is too ridiculous right now and the players are messy.
                Originally posted by goga78
                Even if he went to a bad team (how worse can it get?), it would be better for him, if he got consistent playing time there
                I'd love to see him in Cleveland. We desperately need a starting SF (we've got Alonzo McGee? right now).

As for going to a city with a large Jewish population, I guess that makes New York/New Jersey attractive, as well as Los Angeles or Miami (although the stereotype is that most of the Jewish folks in Miami are retired like the rest of the people down there).

He would start at SG in New York right now. He would start at any position in New Jersey right now.
                Sacramento would be wise to let him go, instead of adding to the bad athmosphere that is already there.
                ...he's going to go to the team that needs him the most. I don't think any consideration will be made for the fact that he is from Israel. Every team that needs a SG/SF will be trying to get this guy the minute free agency ends.
                "I really like the attitudes of eagles. They never give up. When they grab a fish or something else, they never let it go. It doesn't matter. In a book, they write they find a skeleton of [an] eagle and there is no fish. It means that the fish beat him and killed him, but he didn't let go." -- Donatas Motiejunas

Comment

I hope he goes to San Antonio.They need a good sf and maybe he could be even in a starting line up because Jefferson sucks.Serious team,serious coach,he would definetly have a bigger role than in Sacramento or the Knicks.
                  San Antonio would be a great place for Casspi. If Casspi somehow finds his way and is out of the Kings and lands in San Antonio, Casspi would give the Spurs a bright young piece to build on; beyond the Duncan and Ginobili years.

The Spurs could find themselves with Splitter, Neal, Casspi and Hill to look forward.
                  Sacramento Kings

Comment

I'd also love to see him in the Spurs (and not only cuz I'm a Spurs fan ) He can actually fit in pretty well as Jefferson is very disappointing as usual since he came to the Spurs while the team became very dependent on their threes this season (part of Duncan getting old and getting less minutes which means less inside game) and Casspi's quite a good 3pt shooter.

Comment

• Well i am too a Spurs fan of course .I think Spurs were interested in drafting him in 2009,so a trade could be an option.SA means important role in one of the best teams in the league,other top teams are pretty much covered in Sf.
                      So let's just hope he's in Gregg's plans.

Comment

• Nothing new, but an article in The Sacramento Bee:
                        Casspi Unhappy with Diminished Role - April 6, 2011, The Sacramento Bee, By Jason Jones

With less playing time these days, Kings second-year forward Omri Casspi believes it would be "egotistical" to demand a trade but made it clear he would welcome a new opportunity next season.

...The Kings' 104-101 win over the Houston Rockets Tuesday at Toyota Center was the fifth time in eight games Casspi did not play. The Kings are 5-0 in those games, 6-2 overall.

Casspi said his intent wasn't to cause problems and that he will continue to work hard and wait his turn to play.

"I haven't played in a while and coach came up to me and told me he's going in different direction – and he's not going my direction," Casspi said. "So I'm not mad at nobody or trying to cry about not playing, but it is what it is.

"So hopefully I'll be in a better situation next year."

Wespthal said he understands Casspi's frustration. Casspi has started 27 games this season so not playing isn't easy. But Francisco García has been the most consistent starter at small forward. Donté Greene is also playing well.

"He's saying the truth the way he sees it," Westphal said. "I don't agree with in particular his statement that he wants to go to a team where team play is important. Maybe that was lost in translation but that's kind of a ridiculous statement."

Kings basketball president Geoff Petrie said he hadn't heard from Casspi, and acknowledged it has to be a frustrating time for the player.

...Petrie said any talk of what to do next season is "premature."

"Ultimately the season will be over and there will be a lot of discussion about what needs to be done with the roster," Petrie said...

Comment

• Omri Casspi wins $200,000 Telma endorsement
                          Sacramento Kings

Comment

• Omri is slowly turning into a celeb, running the ads instead of playing basketball.

Comment

• Omri Casspi traded to Cleveland Cavaliers

Casspi was traded to the Cavs along with the Kings' 2012 first round pick in exchange for J.J. Hickson.

Comment

• And what should it give both teams? Are the Kings in deer need of a PF like Hickson? What should Casspi do in another disorganized team? I mean, anything would be better than the Kings with their longjam at his position with a clueless head coach guiding the ship but Cavs aren't good either.
                                burnstein

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information