X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht
    Artificial Nature

Comment

• Yeah, that's what we see. A shot by accident. A totally wasted career year for him.
      burnstein

Comment

• No timetable of return for Casspi after undergoing an appendectomy.
        Sacramento Kings
        HERE WE STAY UNTIL THE COWBELLS COME HOME

Comment

• Originally posted by CKR13 View Post
          No timetable of return for Casspi after undergoing an appendectomy.
          Season's over. Behind the scenes, Casspi should have pushed to a trade. Same to Mozgov. Both can play in the NBA, Casspi has shown that. That he is not in the plans of his current coach, doesn't mean the two guys in front of him are better. It just means, he doesn't want to play him. It isn't like Omri is an unknown commodity, even though he has been used in a wrong way by Sacramento, too. Suddenly, he was proclaimed a shooter, despite being everything else but a shooter. BTW, isn't it the same coach who used to grill Macijauskas, telling everyone, Arvydas could not remember his plays? His plays? In an isolation league? A player, who used to star for Ivanovic and was not a teenager at the moment he went overseas? I mean, he could have said, he isn't playing NBA-fitting D or he isn't making his shots bla-bla-bla. Things that were known, before they signed him. Seems like Scott likes to hand everything in the hands of a star PG, be it Kidd, Paul or Irving. Everyone else has just to be quick, athletic and tall. The Cavs are what? Yet enother on their way to a 20-23 win season under him? Isn't that the time, when you are experimenting with your team? Who is playing in front of Casspi? Alonzo Gee? Give me a break. A guys who can't shoot straight? It's ultimately the coaches decision but if he doesn't need Casspi, he should let him go. Casspi is at the right age for major playing time and he doesn't do wise by staying in Cleveland. I hope to see him in a different jersey next year, either playing under a coach where he can really learn sth. and plays a role or playing for a team, where he gets enough minutes to develop more.
          burnstein

Comment

• Originally posted by goga78 View Post
            Season's over. Behind the scenes, Casspi should have pushed to a trade. Same to Mozgov. Both can play in the NBA, Casspi has shown that. That he is not in the plans of his current coach, doesn't mean the two guys in front of him are better. It just means, he doesn't want to play him. It isn't like Omri is an unknown commodity, even though he has been used in a wrong way by Sacramento, too. Suddenly, he was proclaimed a shooter, despite being everything else but a shooter. BTW, isn't it the same coach who used to grill Macijauskas, telling everyone, Arvydas could not remember his plays? His plays? In an isolation league? A player, who used to star for Ivanovic and was not a teenager at the moment he went overseas? I mean, he could have said, he isn't playing NBA-fitting D or he isn't making his shots bla-bla-bla. Things that were known, before they signed him. Seems like Scott likes to hand everything in the hands of a star PG, be it Kidd, Paul or Irving. Everyone else has just to be quick, athletic and tall. The Cavs are what? Yet enother on their way to a 20-23 win season under him? Isn't that the time, when you are experimenting with your team? Who is playing in front of Casspi? Alonzo Gee? Give me a break. A guys who can't shoot straight? It's ultimately the coaches decision but if he doesn't need Casspi, he should let him go. Casspi is at the right age for major playing time and he doesn't do wise by staying in Cleveland. I hope to see him in a different jersey next year, either playing under a coach where he can really learn sth. and plays a role or playing for a team, where he gets enough minutes to develop more.
            I wish the best for him and that means leaving Cleveland or the NBA. If he chooses to stay it must an NBA team that has a coach that actually knows how to utilise Casspi's strengths and not make him into a corner threat. A coach like Gregg Popovich of San Antonio could be ideal. I thought that the Cavs would trade Casspi prior or in the trade deadline. Casspi is too nice to demand a trade in front of the whole team.

I remember Omri Casspi in his first year in Sacramento where Paul Westphal tried to mold him into Stojakovic. Each time Casspi tried to be aggressive with the offense with the drive, Westphal would reprimand him and told him to keep with the setup of waiting in the corner trey or rotate for an open shot. Plus his rookie year is where Tyreke Evans would get mostly the possession. In his second year, Casspi did enjoy a bit of success as he started 20+ games for the Kings, but the team was in disarray as Evans and Cousins were the ones getting all the ball feeds.

In Cleveland, Casspi's situation is no better as frankly, Byron Scott does not know how to play Casspi with his strengths and I can see how Casspi's confidence has eroded and his playing time dramatically cut. Byron Scott plays a read and react offense based on point guard attribution that entails the PG to run the show based on dead reckoning and squarely in the good judgment of the point guard. Since Kyrie Irving does not have the playmaking of Kidd or Paul, he just attacks. On Casspi, Scott negated Casspi's aggression in the offense as he wanted Casspi to either curl and wait or screen and bank for Irving.

Up to this day, I am still disappointed that we traded Casspi away and instead settled for John Salmons. He could have been our small forward under Keith Smart. I do love Casspi's instinct of cutting low as soon as the balls gets into the mid-opposite. Omri Casspi over John Salmons any day.
            Sacramento Kings

Comment

• 28 points on 11-of-16 shooting, 4-of-6 from deep tonight. New career high for Casspi.
              Sacramento Kings

Comment

• Originally posted by CKR13 View Post
                28 points on 11-of-16 shooting, 4-of-6 from deep tonight. New career high for Casspi.
                Actually, it's 12-of-20 shooting and 31 points for a new career high for Omri Casspi ;-)
                burnstein

Comment

• Casspi tonight: 26 Pts, 9 Reb, 6 Ast as the Kings won. He has been very good as of late.
                  Sacramento Kings

Comment

• Casspi ties his career high tonight with 31pts. He's the only one playing well for the Kings tonight and if it weren't for Casspi's shooting, we would be down by 40+ tonight.
                    Sacramento Kings

Comment

Working...
                    X

Debug Information