Omri Casspi thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Omri Casspi thread

Give all the information/details about Omri and the draft here.

Right now,

in NBADRAFT.NET- he's in the 38 place.
    Draft Express- He's in the 17 place-Top '88 international.

Give more info, if you find, about scouters and all the things..

WOW, he is YOUNG - that's the time!

But very good, he had great games at Maccabi.

Comment

Chad Ford from ESPN.com analyzes the draft, and claims: "Rubio will go in the top three. But the only other international player with a real shot of cracking the lottery looks like Casspi"

11th Commandment: You shall not say Maccabi is a mediocre team!

Comment

The NBA released the much-anticipated Combine Invite list today. Omri Casspi is on the list. This is supposed to be THE event, and virtually all of the prospects that appear likely to be drafted this coming June are there.

The group workouts that are planned for the next few weeks:

The three major ones for right now appear to be Golden State on the 1st-3rd of June, New Jersey on the 12th-14th of June, and Minnesota on the 2nd and 3rd of June.

Omri will take part in:

Golden State Workout (Teams expected: GSW, DEN, LAC, OKC, PHX, UTA, IND, and more TBD) - Jun 1st.

New Jersey (Teams expected: NJN, ATL, BOS, CLE, DEN, IND, MIA, MIL, NOH, NYK, OKC, PHL, POR, SAC, TOR, WAS) - Jun 12th.

In the past, teams would prefer to bring players into their own facilities exclusively, but this year teams have decided to join forces and split the expenses evenly amongst themselves.

Comment

Spurs might try to trade into the bottom of the first round, just to get Casspi. I think it's a good situation for Omri. The Spurs need the re-enforcement right away, so he is not about to be send to mature.

Comment

Well, according to the majority of the draft-related resources, Casspi is doing really well. In average, he moved in different mock drafts from late 1st - middle 2nd to mid 1st - late 1st. His workouts are really impressive. Rumors connect him to Spurs, Kings, Cleveland, Minnesota...

Comment

Originally posted by frodoborg View Post
              Well, according to the majority of the draft-related resources, Casspi is doing really well. In average, he moved in different mock drafts from late 1st - middle 2nd to mid 1st - late 1st. His workouts are really impressive. Rumors connect him to Spurs, Kings, Cleveland, Minnesota...
              What team will be best destination for him , in your view ?

I don't follow NBA too closely , but Spurs seems to me like the best option.

Comment

Originally posted by Billy Bounce View Post
                What team will be best destination for him , in your view ?

I don't follow NBA too closely , but Spurs seems to me like the best option.
                I'm not a big expert either, but people say...

Spurs seems like a good option, they are very old on the wing, so they need a new blood. The problem with Spurs (other than in fact they don't have any 1st round picks, suppose, they will trade up) Casspi might end in Austin Toros. Toros is the part of Spurs program, unlike other DNBA teams.

Sacramento needs somebody who can contribute right away, somebody who knows to score some points.

Latest mocks place Omri as high as 20th pick - for Utah. I won't be surprised, if Detroit will sell their 15th pick to somebody who will want to secure Casspi.

Another possibility is Minnesota, of course. They have 3 1st round picks. So they might use one of them to pick Casspi. In this case, I don't expect Omri to make an immediate impact. They might even send him to another year in Europe.
                Last edited by frodoborg; 06-02-2009, 08:14 PM.

Comment

The latest rumors ties Casspi with Chicago Bulls ( 16 and 26 draft picks)

It would be win-win situation if Omri will be drafted by Bulls and sent to Europe ( MTA ) to gain more experience

Comment

Casspi giving them a taste of Euroleague medicine.

“Austin Daye vs. Omri Casspi turned into a real wrestling match. Casspi just manhandled Daye, really threw him around. It was a bit disappointing to see how little Daye was able to compete from a strength perspective—Casspi is a kind of a skinny guy himself. At one point Casspi cut Daye’s lip open--he had to go to hospital for stitches. The Nets should have done a better job of getting someone to call fouls. Casspi was fouling the hell out of Daye. Some of the guys were looking at each other like ‘what are we watching here?’

Casspi was impressive, just like he’s been everywhere he’s gone. He plays hard, competes. He hit tough shots. Step-backs, runners. Then he missed some wide open J’s—go figure. He hits the toughest shots, but can’t always make the easiest ones. He looked like he could be a great complementary player in a 5 on 5. Definitely an atypical player for a European. “
                    Source

Comment

According to DX:

One team that might be interested in moving down in this draft is New Jersey, as they are reportedly very high on Israeli Omri Casspi, but may not want to invest such a high pick on him. The rumor is trade is cooking between Atlanta (#19) and Nets (#11).

Comment

Casspi was drafted by Sacramento Kings: 23th overall pick

Damn, the way Kins finished last season , I guess it means no "Europe option" for Omri : Sacramento needs him right now.

Hope Kings will release Omri from summer camp, so he won't miss Eurobasket

Comment

I was surprised by this draft pick, personally I thought Patrick Mills was IT for Sacramento. Then again, the Kings are in need at the forward spot and found that possible contribution from Casspi.

Comment

I'm pretty sure Casspi will miss EuroBasket. He said it himself. The chances are he will have to pass on EB this summer.

Comment

Casspi last night in preseason action against the Suns scored 22 points and grabbed 7 rebounds. He also made 4 of 5 in 3's.

This guy needs a nickname - How about "The Mossad Machine".

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information