Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Polish NT

Poland -Italy 75:74 (19:21, 24:17, 16:18, 16:18)

Poland: Marcin Gortat 28 (14/19 for 2, 13 rebounds, 3 blocks), Michał Ignerski 19, Paweł Kikowski 7, Łukasz Koszarek 6, Iwo Kitzinger 5, Przemysław Frasunkiewicz 3, Wojciech Szawarski 3, Szymon Szewczyk 2, Krzysztof Szubarga 2, Robert Tomaszek 2, Kamil Chanas 0
    Italy: Matteo Soragna 13, Massimo Bulleri 13, Alessandro Cittadini 11, Stefano Mancinelli 8, Daniele Cinciarini 7, Andrea Michelori 7, Tommasso Fantoni 5, Valerio Amoroso 5, Marco Mordente 3, Luca Vitali 2, Christian Di Giuliomaria 2

Italy – Poland 90:75 (23:21, 22:17, 21:20, 24:17)
    Italy: Valerio Amoroso 17, Marco Mordente 17, Massimo Bulleri 11, Giuseppe Poeta 10, Luca Infante 9, Matteo Soragna 6, Christian Di Giuliomaria 5, Andrea Michelori 4, Daniele Cavaliero 4, Stefano Mancinelli 4, Luca Vitali 3, Daniel Hackett 0
    Poland: Szymon Szewczyk 22, Marcin Gortat 13, Michał Ignerski 12, Krzysztof Szubarga 10, Robert Tomaszek 7, Przemysław Frasunkiewicz 5, Łukasz Koszarek 5, Wojciech Szawarski 1, Paweł Kikowski 0, Iwo Kitzinger 0, Paweł Mróz 0

Poland - France 82:76. Kwarty: 15:19, 23:26, 20:14, 24:17.

Poland: Szubarga 13 (2), Szawarski 12 (1), Gortat 9, Kitzinger 7 (1), Tomaszek 4 oraz Koszarek 13 (2), Szewczyk 12 (1), Ignerski 12 (2), Frasunkiewicz 0, Kikowski 0, Mróz 0.
    France: Dubiez 12 (3), Soliman 11 (3), Bokolo 4, Badiane 4, Cazalon 2 oraz De Colo 22 (3), Gradit 8, Marquis 4, Issa 4, Tchicamboud 3, Pellin 2.

Israel - Polska 86:76 (18:15, 23:15, 15:21, 30:25)
    Israel: Eliyahu 17, Halperin 11, Casspi 9, Tamir 9, Tapiro 8, Limonad 7, Green 5, Ohayon 5, Naor 5, Cohen 4, Pniny 4, Roth 2, Hanochi 0, Watson 0, Kozikaro 0.
    Polska: Szubarga 15, Ignerski 14, Gortat 12 (9 zbiórek), Koszarek 9, Szawarski 6, Chanas 4, Szewczyk 4, Mróz 4, Frasunkiewicz 3, Kitzinger 3, Kikowski 2, Tomaszek 0.

Default Polish NT 2009

"Polish national team for Euro Championship 2009 (by Marek Hossa)

The Polish organization ( PZKosz ) has published the names of national players. They have a chance to play in basketball Euro Championship 2009.
    I remind that it will be in Poland ( Gdansk, Poznan, Warszawa, Wroclaw, Bydgoszcz, Lodz i Katowice ).This is only long cadre. Andrzej Pluta who is on this list has resigned and still not change his mind. :

Filip Dylewicz 202 cm 29 forward Asseco Prokom Sopot

Przemyslaw Frasunkiewicz 201 cm 30 forward Polonia Warszawa

Marcin Gortat 213 cm 25 center Orlando Magic

Michal Ignerski 205 cm 29 forward Cajasol Sewilla

Paweł Kikowski 193 cm 23 guard Kotwica Kolobrzeg

Iwo Kitzinger 183 cm 24 guard PBG Basket Poznan

Lukasz Koszarek 187 cm 25 guard Anwil Wloclawek

Maciej Lampe 211 cm 24 forward Chimki Moskwa

Paweł Leonczyk 203 cm 23 center Energa Czarni Slupsk

Andrzej Pluta 182 cm 35 guard Anwil Wloclawek

Krzysztof Roszyk 200 cm 31 forward PGE Turow Zgorzelec

Marcin Stefannski 200 cm 26 forward PGE Turow Zgorzelec

Wojciech Szawarski 195 cm 33 guard PBG Basket Poznan

Szymon Szewczyk 210 cm 27 center Lokomotiw Rostow

Krzysztof Szubarga 180 cm 25 guard Atlas Stal Ostrow Wielkopolski

Adam Waczynnski 192 cm 20 guard Gornik Walbrzych

Robert Witka 205 cm 28 guard PGE Turow Zgorzelec

Adam Wojcik 208 cm 39 forward PBG Basket Poznan

Bartlomiej Woloszyn 195 cm 23 guard Anwil Wloclawek

Przemyslaw Zamojski 198 cm 23 guard Asseco Prokom Sopot"

Good luck for Poland in the Upcoming Eurobasket

Poland Hopeful Logan Waiting In The Wings

Poland may get a spark from Asseco Prokom's American guard David Logan this summer when they host EuroBasket 2009.

Logan, 26, the second-leading scorer in the Euroleague this season at 16.87 points per game, has applied for a Polish passport and should know at the end of April or early May if he is to be granted one.

"I filed all of my paperwork last week," Logan said to Basketball World News.

"Now we have to wait 45 days for the president of Poland (Lech Kaczynski) to make his decision. "

The 1.84m Logan says his point of contact regarding the Poland opportunity has not been national team coach Muli Katzurin, who will lead the team in Group D in Wroclaw against Turkey, Lithuania and Bulgaria.

"I know that he is a coach in the Czech Republic (CEZ Nymburk)," Logan said.

"He wanted to sign me this year to play in the Czech Republic but I ended up coming here. I haven't talked to him yet."

Logan had an outstanding collegiate career at Indianapolis and was voted NCAA Division II Player of the Year in 2005.

In Europe, he had stints in Italy and Israel before moving to Poland.

He signed at the start of 2007 for SKS Starogard and spent last season with BOT Turow Zgorzelec before joining Prokom for 2008-09.

While Logan hasn't grown up with the Poland youth teams, he would not be a complete stranger if he ended up competing at the EuroBasket.

"I know quite a few of the Poland players," Logan said.

"I had some on my team last year and this year, and at the All-Star Game I met some. Whenever we play against other teams, I talk to them (Poland internationals) a little bit."

As for the opportunity to play at the EuroBasket, Logan admits it's not something that he craves but admits it would be a great opportunity.

"I just know that the EuroBasket is in Poland and know the teams that are in our group, but I don't know what to expect from it overall," Logan said.

"I don't know if it would be a highlight of my career or not because I have played against a lot of good players.

"But it would definitely be a highlight of my summer.

"I would look forward to it, though."

The Windy City

Logan was born in Chicago and both watched and played a lot of basketball while growing up.

"When I was younger in Chicago, I used to live right down the street from this high school where Marcus Liberty played," Logan said.

"He ended up making it in the NBA for several years. My uncle used to always take me down there and watch him play in high school.

"He's one of the players who stood out for me when I was young. And of course there was the (Chicago) Bulls.

"Right now, the person I like in the NBA is Mike Bibby (Atlanta Hawks)."

Logan moved to Indianapolis at the age of eight and eventually attended North Central High School in Indianapolis before remaining in the city to play college basketball.

He says his experience overseas has been good both on and off the court.

"I have had a lot of fun learning and travelling, so far it's been great in Europe," he said.

"The last game in the Top 16 for us, when we beat Milan by 24 points, that was probably the one game I remember most from this season so far because we won by a lot and it was a good way to finish the Top 16."

Prokom did, he admit, exceed expectations by advancing to the Top 16.

"It was a surprise for us to make it to the Top 16 this year because the budget went down and the coach (Tomas Pacesas) probably couldn't get the players that he really wanted," he said.

"But he picked the team by himself, did a good job and surprised a lot of people."

As a player, Logan says he has gotten better.

"My game has changed a lot since I came to Europe," he said.

"I am still learning a lot about the game offensively and defensively and every year that I've been in Europe, I've improved.

"In the off-season, I work on my game a lot, doing one-on-one moves in order to be able to hit tough shots.

"To put me in a position where I can play on the ball, or off the ball - it's really helped my game."

Should he get his passport, Logan could end up being a big help to Poland as well.
    http://www.fibaeurope.com/coid_l57rQ...frontpage.html
    Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht
    Artificial Nature

Poland Still Waiting On Passport For Logan

Poland basketball fans must bide their time a little longer before knowing if Asseco Prokom's explosive guard David Logan will be able to play for the country this summer at the EuroBasket.

The American, who is currently involved in the Polish domestic play-offs with Prokom, has applied for a passport.

"Right now we do not have the passport," a spokesperson at the Poland Basketball Federation said to Basketball World News.

"We're waiting for the decision. Right now, all of the documents are with the President of Poland. If the President signs it, then we will have the decision that he will have the passport."

Logan, 26, is the leading scorer in Poland's top flight at 18.8 points per game.

In the Euroleague, Logan averaged 16.9 points.

Logan had an outstanding collegiate career at Indianapolis and was voted NCAA Division II Player of the Year in 2005.

In Europe, he had stints in Italy and Israel before moving to Poland.

Poland, meanwhile, also have their eyes on the NBA where big center Marcin Gortat of the Orlando Magic is involved in a thrilling play-off series with the Boston Celtics.

Gortat is playing an average of 12 and a half minutes per game.

When Orlando's starting center Dwight Howard was suspended for a game in the first-round series against Philadelphia, the 2.11m Gortat played 40 minutes and had 11 points and 15 rebounds.

EuroBasket hosts Poland will play in Group D with Lithuania, Turkey and Bulgaria.
    http://www.fibaeurope.com/coid_J7OgZ...frontpage.html
    Artificial Nature

Polsih NT squad:

PG Łukasz Koszarek (Anwil Włocławek)
    PG Krzysztof Szubarga (Atlas Stal Ostrów Wielkopolski)
    PG Robert Skibniewski (BK Prostejov)
    PG/SG Michał Chyliński (Clinicas Rincon Axarquia)
    SG David Logan (Asseco Prokom Sopot)*
    SG Paweł Kikowski (Kotwica Kołobrzeg)
    SG Iwo Kitzinger (PBG Basket Poznań/Seven 2007 Roseto)
    SG/SF Wojciech Szawarski (PBG Basket Poznań)
    SF Michał Ignerski (Cajasol Sewilla)
    SF Krzysztof Roszyk (PGE Turów Zgorzelec)
    PF Filip Dylewicz (Asseco Prokom Sopot)
    PF Robert Witka (PGE Turów Zgorzelec)
    PF/C Maciej Lampe (Khimki Moscow)
    PF/C Szymon Szewczyk (Lokomotiv Rostov)
    PF/C Adam Wójcik (PBG Basket Poznań)
    C Marcin Gortat (Orlando Magic)

* - if he'll get polish passport and it's very possible

First to go out: Skibniewski, Witka, Szawarski, Chyliński.

Wójcik still making the squad after all these years, I won't be surprised if he makes the final group of players. He's still very valuable.
    Artificial Nature

http://www.eurobasket2009.org/en/coi...leMode_on.html

Logan Cleared For Poland Duty

David Logan is set to play for Poland when they host EuroBasket in September after receiving his citizenship papers on Tuesday.

The American-born point guard attended a ceremony in Gdansk, where he was handed his documents at the Pomeranian Voivodship Office.

"I now hope to help Poland achieve great success," said the 26-year-old, who plays his club basketball for Asseco Prokom Gdynia.

"I have not had much time to dedicate to learning the language - right now I only know about 15 words. But I promise to improve my Polish."

Logan has been at Poland's training camp in Spale, where coach Muli Katzurin has been putting his team through their paces as September's EuroBasket approaches.

Before then, Poland have several friendly games lined up, including a trip to London to play in the GameOn tournament alongside Great Britain, Turkey and Israel.

Logan, who last season averaged 18.3 points per game in the Polish league, will need those games to integrate himself into Katzurin's team.

"I have not yet talked to the coach in much detail about my role on the team," Logan added. "I just hope that I can be a driving force. It is not long now until the Championships start. I think maybe Spain are the favourites, but in any event like this there are surprises. Maybe we can be that surprise."

Nothing unexpected happened, but however big addition to polish NT

rikhardur - Wójcik will be 100% in the squad

greg - if you are countin' on Kitzinger, you could be making mistake

I've got news for everyone on this forum who didn't believe in that:

Since yesterday Maciej Lampe is in Poland. And he is on NT training camp in Łódź. So he is going to play at EuroBasket. Lampe was late because of his son birth.

So now we've got the strongest roster it could be.

Marcin Gortat could miss EC because of back injury he suffered against Great Britain..
    that would be a serous blow for polish chances of advancing to second round/quarters..
    "Heja, heja Cibosi, hrabri kao vukovi,

heja, heja cibosi, vodite nas k pobjedi. "

that's not true

he will just rest for one week because of back problems and he'll be ok

Poland have lost after +15 at Half Time?

I have some unconfirmed score...

Quote Originally Posted by AirBall View Post
    Poland have lost after +15 at Half Time?

I have some unconfirmed score...
    They lost 88:95 (26:15, 25:20, 21:31, 16:29)

Amazing that they lost 2nd half by 23...

Quote Originally Posted by AirBall View Post
    Amazing that they lost 2nd half by 23...
    That's true and also FYROM scored 60pts in 2nd half, huge number and afaik they played without V.Stefanov, best scorer from yesterday's game

Any news about the polish-puertorrican Jonathan Han playing for Poland?
    Originally Posted by -K2- View Post
    16 free throws in the last 4 minutes...
    Puerto Rico had 20 the whole game

Seriosuly... someone quote this whole post and signature me... Greek Loby Rulz
    8/29/2010...THE DAY WE GOT ROBBED!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast