Angola National Team

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SELECCIÓN PROMESAS MASCULINA

Las Promesas españolas pudieron con la Angola olímpica (77-75)

7/10/2008 La Selección Española Promesas masculina se impuso por 77-75 a la selección de Angola que compartirá grupo con España en los Juegos Olímpicos de Pekín 2008 en partido amistoso celebrado a puerta cerrada en en el Pabellón San Pablo de Sevilla.

Enlaces Relacionados

Mañana de experiencias imborrables para los más jóvenes

Comunicación FEB
    La Selección Promesas que dirige Alfred Julbe ‘enseñó’ a la Absoluta de Aíto García Reneses el camino para vencer a una Angola que será rival de España en los Juegos Olímpicos de Pekín 2008. La clave, evitar el juego físico de los africanos y explotar la superioridad técnica.

El combinado Promesas empezó con ganas su primer amistoso de este verano. Después de siete días de concentración en Sevilla, los de Alfred Julbe salieron a la pista con muchas ganas de disfrutar de la competición y con un gran despliegue ofensivo consiguieron un parcial inicial de 12-0.

El factor sorpresa duró poco. Angola impuso un baloncesto muy físico, con una fuerte presión defensiva sobre los bases españoles y, poco a poco, se igualó el partido (26-26, min. 10).
    A partir de ese momento la igualdad fue la tónica dominante en el partido, con mínimas diferencias para uno y otro conjunto, dependiendo de la agresividad defensiva con la que se empleaban los angoleños. Al llegar al último cuarto España consiguió una renta de 6 puntos, pero cuando parecía que podía ser suficiente para decantar el partido del lado español, Angola volvió a apretar defensivamente y propició un final igualadísimo. En el último minuto, un tiro libre de Txemi Urtasun (máximo anotador del equipo español con 18 puntos) colocó el 77-75 en el marcador, que a la postre sería definitivo, ya que Cipriano no acertó con el triple que intentó sobre la bocina para darle la vuelta al marcador.

La Selección Promesas Masculina seguirá trabajando en Sevilla antes de trasladarse el próximo viernes 11 de julio a la localidad portuguesa de Evora, donde el sábado se enfrentará a Portugal en un segundo amistoso.

ESPAÑA, 77 (26, 17, 21, 13): Txemi Urtasun (18), Pau Ribas (5), Rafa Martínez (3), Albert Miralles (14), David Doblas (11) –cinco inicial-, Mario Fernández (3), Sergi Llull (4), Javier Beirán (0), Iván García (3), Nacho Martín (3), Albert Montcasi (5), José Ángel Antelo (2) y Guillem Rubio (6).
    ANGOLA, 75 (26, 14, 15, 20): Costa (8), Morais (9), Gomes (12), Muzadi (2), Almeida (4) –cinco inicial-, Cipriano (21), Barros (4), Costa (0), Gerónimo (0), Ambrosio (4), Bonifacio (2), Horario (0), Kiteculo (2), Mingas (9) y Paulo (4).
    ARBITROS: Francisco Barrios y Ricardo Ruiz

ENGLISH TRANSLATION:

Note...Of course, this is not a literal translation. Words and grammer can sometimes get lost in translation. There are some portions of the original text that have been modified: i.e. words added or taken out so that it makes sense in English.

Las Promesas españolas pudieron con la Angola olímpica (77-75)
    Best translation: The promising hopefuls can [beat] Angolan Olympians (77-75)

In a closed door match that celebrated a friendly party/contest at Seville's San Pablo Pavilion, the promising Spanish men's selection prevailed over Angola, 77-75. The Angolans share a group with Spain (A) in the 2008 Beijing Olympic Games.

In a related connection

Under Alfred Julbe's direction, the team demonstrated a resolute way Aito Garcia Reneses' [national team] can defeat Angola, a rival to Spain (A) at the 2008 Beijing Olympic Games. The key is to avoid the physical game of the Africans and operate using technical superiority.

Being the first friendly of the summer for the promising hopefuls, they began with desire. After training for a week in Seville, Alfred Julbe's team eagerly enjoyed the competition as they went to the track, obtaining an initial 12-0 lead from a great offensive deployment.

The surprise factor lasted briefly. Little by little, the Angolans began imposing a very physical style of basketball, with a strong defensive pressure on the Spanish baseline (by the 10th min., the score was equaled, 26-26)

Once the Angolans became defensively aggressive, from that point on, equality was the dominant tonic (or theme) of the contest, with neither team
    able to seperate from the other.

Once the fourth quarter arrived, Spain secured a 6 point lead, but just as it seemed their lead was sufficient to "pour off the party" --end the contest--Angola countered by tightening up defensively and evened the score. In the last minute, Txemi Urtasun's (Spain's top scorer with 18 points) free throws placed the score at 77-75, definitively ending the game after Cipriano guessed wrong by failing on his 3 point attempt at the horn.

The men's promising selection will continue working in Seville before relocating next Friday, 11th, to the Portuguese locality of Evora, where next Saturday they face Portugal in a second friendly.

SPAIN, 77 (26, 17, 21, 13): Txemi Urtasun (18), Pau Ribas (5), Rafa Martinez (3), Albert Miralles (14), David Doblas (11) - five initial, Mario Fernandez (3), Sergi Llull (4), Javier Beirán (0), Iván Garci'a (3), Nacho Martín (3), Albert Montcasi (5), Jose Angel Antelo (2) and Blond Guillem (6).
    ANGOLA, 75 (26, 14, 15, 20): Coast (8), Morais (9), Gomes (12), Muzadi (2), Almeida (4) - five initial, Cipriano (21), Mud (4), Coast (0), Gerónimo (0), Ambrosio (4), Bonifacio (2), Schedule (0), Kiteculo (2), Mingas (9) and Paulo (4).
    ARBITRATORS: Francisco Districts and Ricardo Ruiz
    Last edited by Federoy; 07-11-2008, 05:19 AM.

Comment

Thanks for the article, Federoy. It´s good to read about the game. I´m glad Cipriano played well. Unfortunately, it seems like the 3rd quarter defecit was just too much for the Angolans.
      "I really like the attitudes of eagles. They never give up. When they grab a fish or something else, they never let it go. It doesn't matter. In a book, they write they find a skeleton of [an] eagle and there is no fish. It means that the fish beat him and killed him, but he didn't let go." -- Donatas Motiejunas

Comment

Angola Beat Russia in Stankovic Tournament

This cannot be the real Russia...

Luanda, 07/17 – The Angolan National Senior Males team of Basketball thrashed their Russian counterparts by 89-70, in the first round match of the inter-continental tournament dubbed “Borislav Stankovic Cup”, taking place in China.

In the first half, Angola were already beating Russia by 45-39, having as one of the main strategies, a pressing defence on the opponent physically seen as stronger.

The African champions will rest on Friday to play on Saturday against the host team (China), closing their participation in the tournament on Sunday against Serbia.

Comment

Any boxscore of the game? Who played for Russia?
          Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht
          Artificial Nature

Comment

YES!! Absolutely wondeful!!! I can´t wait to find more information on this game. Zlim, everybody, we need some statistics, a capture, some video, something....
            "I really like the attitudes of eagles. They never give up. When they grab a fish or something else, they never let it go. It doesn't matter. In a book, they write they find a skeleton of [an] eagle and there is no fish. It means that the fish beat him and killed him, but he didn't let go." -- Donatas Motiejunas

Comment

Haven't found a boxscore but Russian players identified in photo captions include:

Fedor Likholitov
              Dmitry Zagnoyko
              Yury Vasiliev
              Timofey Mozgov
              Pavel Sergeev
              Egor Vyaltsev
              Originally posted by Fedfan
              Most ppl get childish when they lose.
              Originally posted by GuTO
              refs in games of Spain walks with literally poop in his pants afraid of the Spanish players

Comment

Originally posted by JGX
                Haven't found a boxscore but Russian players identified in photo captions include:

Fedor Likholitov
                Dmitry Zagnoyko
                Yury Vasiliev
                Timofey Mozgov
                Pavel Sergeev
                Egor Vyaltsev
                So this is a tough Russian team as well? Angola must be sending signals to other national teams as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Burndvinyard
                  So this is a tough Russian team as well? Angola must be sending signals to other national teams as well.
                  Not so loud signals I guess. None of these players were on the Russian roster in Eurobasket 2007.

http://www.eurobasket2007.org/en/cid...eamID_381.html

Comment

Originally posted by KWSN-Men
                    Not so loud signals I guess. None of these players were on the Russian roster in Eurobasket 2007.

http://www.eurobasket2007.org/en/cid...eamID_381.html
                    That Russian is a Russian B Team.

Comment

Likholitov is the only name I can recognize from that lineup. Sure thing the Russians were playing with their secondary roster. How about the Angolans?
                      The Euroleague Organization and Mr Bertomeu are like the Bulgarian Government: corrupt, partially stupid, and a huge underestimator of people's intelligence.

Comment

Originally posted by Juan Carlos Nadal
                        Likholitov is the only name I can recognize from that lineup. Sure thing the Russians were playing with their secondary roster. How about the Angolans?
                        I don't have a boxscore but I know that Angola played with their principal team...only Lutonda wasn't there because he decide not play anymore for Angola team.

Is the team that will play in Olympics and Diamond cup and this was their third game of preparation...they loosed the fisrt ones, against Spain B and Spain U20.

Comment

Where was Andrei Kirilenko and Holden? Without them no Russian team so yes it was B team...

Comment

Originally posted by Lietuvis
                            Where was Andrei Kirilenko and Holden? Without them no Russian team so yes it was B team...
                            It was B team, coached by Stanislav Yeremin. "A" team is practicing in Moscow.

Comment

I don´t care what Russian team it was, I´m sure Angola was still the underdog when the game began.

Comment

Originally posted by mvblair
                                I don´t care what Russian team it was, I´m sure Angola was still the underdog when the game began.
                                odds on Russia were 1,20 and 3,9 on Angola..
                                if that is the kind of underdog you are reffering to..
                                "Heja, heja Cibosi, hrabri kao vukovi,

heja, heja cibosi, vodite nas k pobjedi. "

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information