Ukrainian basketball 2008-09

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EugeneUkraine
    Main reason is fight for presidents chair in ukrainian basketball. Big stucture - Private group, that controls couple clubs like Budyvelnik and Dnipro wants to control whole ukrainian basketball.
    Could you write participants lists of both competitions?

Comment

Originally posted by greg
      Could you write participants lists of both competitions?
      FBU: Azovmash, BC Kiev, Khimik Youzhniy, BC Donetsk, Sumykhimprom, MBC Nikolaev, Pulsar and Kharkiv-Politechnik

UBL: Cherkaski Mavpy, Budivelnik, Dnipro, BC Odessa, Polytechnika-Galychina, Krivbassbasket-Lux, Ferro, Azot.
      Euroleague advanced stats and analytics

basket-stats.net

Comment

MBC Nikolaev sign Kordian Korytek

basket-stats.net

Comment

BC Odessa signed center Wayne Wallace

basket-stats.net

Comment

Polytechnika-Galychina signed Darren McLinton

Comment

FBU: Azovmash, BC Kiev, Khimik Youzhniy, BC Donetsk, Sumykhimprom, MBC Nikolaev, Pulsar and Kharkiv-Politechnik

UBL: Cherkaski Mavpy, Budivelnik, Dnipro, BC Odessa, Polytechnika-Galychina, Krivbassbasket-Lux, Ferro, Azot.
              Where can i find some more information about these two leagues?

Comment

My conglatuations to Azovmash and Ukranian fans. To sign Tomas Van
                den Spiguel it,s strong. Mariupol really shows his strength.

Comment

BC Poltava is new team in ukrainian superleague (FBU). Algimantas Pavilonis - new league director.
                  Last edited by EugeneUkraine; 09-22-2008, 08:49 PM.

basket-stats.net

Comment

Hasan Rizvic and RT Guinn going to BC Poltava on loan

basket-stats.net

Comment

Hasan Rizvic and RT Guinn going to BC Poltava on loan
                      I can imagine Rizvić's frustration after hearing that he is going on loan. I guess Azovmash has too much money so they sign a player on two years contract and then loan him to some low level team... I guess at first they wanted to fire his ass when they signed Van den Spiegel, but it is cheaper to loan him and then try and use him for the next season.

I see no reason why Bečirovič signed him in the first place if he wasnt planning to use him... He knew what his capabilities are, he coached him for half of the season.

I wouldn't be surprised if they'd loan him if he had a multi-year contract, but loaning a player with a two year contract (and knowing what he is able to bring on the table before they signed him)... hilarious.

Comment

Krepsinis.net: Aurimas Kieza, Gytis Sirutavicius and Rolandas Jarutis will play in BC POltava
                        The Moon Is A SCAM(http://www.revisionism.nl/Moon/The-Mad-Revisionist.htm)!

Comment

Friends from Ukraine,could you please inform me where Gladyr is playing?And also it would be nice to tell me what type of player he is and if he has the potential to be a great scorer and player in the top level,as he did in the youth competitions.At least his performance with the Ukranian NT this year in the qualifications was quite promising I think!

Comment

UKR – Gladyr shows great promise, needs consistency

KIEV (EuroBasket Qualifying) - Ukraine’s Serhiy Gladyr discovered a very hard lesson this summer.

No matter how good you are, or how many times you have achieved great things at junior level, nothing is as tough as playing for the senior national team.

One of the most talented guards to emerge in Ukraine in the recent years, Gladyr earlier this summer set FIBA’s youth competitions record by making 11 three-pointers in a U20 European Championship game against Lithuania.

With the big fellas, those coached by Valentyn Melnychuk, it was a different story.

Other than a scoring eruption in their penultimate EuroBasket qualifying game against France, Gladyr barely caused a ripple.

“It’s so hard to adjust…” he said.

“Sometimes, even my hands are shaking. I am told not to think about a shot, to just fire it, but on this team I have found myself contemplating whether to shoot or pass. Sometimes I hear the more experienced teammates criticize me and it makes it hard to relax.

“This stopped in Mykolaiv because the coach allowed me to shoot as much as I wanted. But here, I can sometimes get a negative reaction from the coach after making a mistake.”

Gladyr really didn’t make his mark with Ukraine’s national team this summer, save one dazzling performance in Le Mans against France.

With his team in dire need of a spark, Gladyr scored 12 points in a 16-5 run that reduced his team’s deficit to just one in the final quarter.

During the scoring spurt, Gladyr drained three consecutive three-pointers using his trademark “I-don’t-care-who’s-guarding-me” style.

That flashy approach was something that his fans were used to, but had been deprived of seeing at senior team level until he got hot against France.

Ukraine, however, couldn’t quite get over the hump and lost 87-83.

Before the France game, Gladyr said, he just could not find a comfort zone.

“I didn’t feel confident shooting in the defender’s face at this level because the coaches used to scold me for doing it in scrimmages and this made me scared,” he said.

“But they told me it’s better to shoot over a defense than to turn the ball over so I tried and it worked. I felt it and kept shooting.”

Ukraine, throughout their qualifying campaign, had reason to think they had the makings of a very good team but the players couldn’t perform at their best for 40 minutes.

They ended up with a solitary victory against France at home.

Their summer ended in a resounding thud at home to Belgium, who beat Ukraine to earn a place in the Additional Qualifying Round.

Ukraine fell into the Relegation Round dogfight that will be staged next summer which also includes Hungary, Estonia and the Czech Republic.

Who knows? If the team has a good preparation, and perhaps the exciting prospect Gladyr finds some consistency and grows more confident, then maybe Ukraine may just avoid dropping into Division B.
                            Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht
                            Artificial Nature

Comment

UBL. Round 1

BC Odessa - Hoverla 81:71
                              Odessa: Love 14, Podolyan 14, Hill 10, Shvets 10
                              Hoverla: Kuchinskiy 23, Lebedev 12

Cherkasky Mavpy - Ferro 95:94
                              Cherkasky Mavpy: Dikson 34, Dragojlovic 15, Kojadinovic 10
                              Ferro: Rybalko 21, Yakovlev 20, Fontenet 15, Balashov 11, Chemyakin 11

Budyvelnik - Dnipro 90:92
                              Budyvelnik: Wethers 22, Zimmerman 17, Merritt 14, DeGroat 14, Chapell 10
                              Dnipro: Anderson 35, Khizhnyak 16, Lazare 16

Gryfony - Politechnika-Galychina 62:100
                              Last edited by EugeneUkraine; 10-04-2008, 07:30 AM.

basket-stats.net

Comment

FBU. Round 1

BC Kiev - BC Donetsk 70:67
                                Kiev: Clay Tucker 18 + 7 rebounds, Bajramovic 15 + 11 rebounds, Penn 11, Jeretin 10
                                Donetsk: PJ Tucker 19, Igor Krivich 13

Azovmash - BC Poltava 83:72
                                Azovmash: Van den Spiegel 13 + 7 rebounds, Thompson 13, Nsonwu 13, Serapinas 12, Salyers 11
                                Poltava: RT Guinn 19, Jarutis 17, Siratavicus 11

Sumykhimprom - MBC Nikolaev 84:79
                                Sumykhimprom: Santee 17, Kuso 14 + 20 rebounds, Greene 14, Lekavicus 13
                                Nikolaev: Onufriev 16 + 8 rebounds, Gladyr 13, Hlebowicki 13, Gylevic 10, Wilkins 10

Khimik - Pulsar 98:81
                                Khimik: Jackson 15, Kolchenko 14, Famutimi 13, Kelly 11, Bratic 10
                                Pulsar: Dyabo 23 + 10 rebounds, Bryantsev 20

basket-stats.net

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information