Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

U.S. College/University Players of Asian descent!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tang Zihao is said to be recruited by Baylor and Virginia Commonwealth.
    Sacramento Kings
    HERE WE STAY UNTIL THE COWBELLS COME HOME

Comment

• Sun Siyao from China is playing in the varsity team of Bishop O'Connell (Arlington, VA). My father will be working out with him for strength and conditioning this weekend. He is around 6'9.
      Sacramento Kings

Comment

• Originally posted by CKR13 View Post
        Sun Siyao from China is playing in the varsity team of Bishop O'Connell (Arlington, VA). My father will be working out with him for strength and conditioning this weekend. He is around 6'9.
        Sorry for the personal question but is your dad a head coach or is he more of a specialized coach?

And about Sun Siyao do you have any other info about him?

Comment

• Originally posted by Khalid80 View Post
          Sorry for the personal question but is your dad a head coach or is he more of a specialized coach?

And about Sun Siyao do you have any other info about him?
          My father has a history of being a head coach on various community colleges over two decades. In between, he managed to get a certification for strength and conditioning. Nowadays, my father plays associate coach for either strength and conditioning or player development. Nowadays, my Dad is content in coaching gigs based on conditioning.

There was a time where he once was an assistant coach for Bishop O'Connell and for a stretch was an interim head coach as Lloyd McNaman had to attend a family matter. That was back in 2009 where Kendall Marshall, went on to play for the Tarheels and enter the NBA draft.

Moving on, Sun Siyao is in excellent shape. Has that dexterity and coordination to play the mobile PF role. His wingspan is 7 feet. Has the nice feathery touch on the floor. Very humble and soft spoken.
          Last edited by CKR13; 09-17-2012, 04:37 AM.
          Sacramento Kings

Comment

• Long-Mao Hu(from Taiwan) will be attending Chaminade University in 2012 ~ 2013 season
            6'5
            SF

rp_primary_Long-Mao_Hu_pic.jpg

Comment

Lloyd McNaman
              Who?

O'Connell plays in one of the better HS leagues in the US, so it should be a good challenge.
              Originally posted by Fedfan
              Most ppl get childish when they lose.
              Originally posted by GuTO
              refs in games of Spain walks with literally poop in his pants afraid of the Spanish players

Comment

• Originally posted by zonglin View Post
                Long-Mao Hu(from Taiwan) will be attending Chaminade University in 2012 ~ 2013 season
                6'5
                SF

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4022[/ATTACH]
                Any more info about him?
                Sacramento Kings

Comment

Any more info about him?
                  Hu, a versatile 6’5 forward, had a very successful high school career in Taiwan. He competed in the prestigious Nike Global Challenge in 2010 as well as the 2011 U19 FIBA Basketball Championships.

Comment

Any more info about him?
                    Try "Hu Lung-mao" instead. I think he goes by "Kevin Hu" in America. Did very well in last year's Nike All Asia Camp, Miles Simon really liked him. Saw him in the U19 last year against Latvia, I think he can be a legitimate star in Taiwan and maybe CBA if he develops, but still has ways to go.

His high school teammate "Ray" Chen Ying-chun has committed to Belmont Abbey College, another Div II school. (Hard-nosed point guard, but pretty average IMO.) Meanwhile there is a slightly older Taiwan player named Chou Yi-hsiang (2009 Nike All-Asia Camp MVP and current CT player) at Salt Lake City Community College, maybe he'll play in the NCAA as well in the future.
                    Last edited by sinobball; 06-12-2012, 04:44 AM.
                    aim low, score high

Comment

Sun Siyao from China is playing in the varsity team of Bishop O'Connell (Arlington, VA). My father will be working out with him for strength and conditioning this weekend. He is around 6'9.
                      O’Connell adds 6-8 F Junior Etou and 6-10 C Siyao Sun, a transfer from China

O’Connell also added Siyao Sun, a 6-10 sophomore from China. According to Wootten, Sun arrived at O’Connell via a connection to Michael Li, a junior varsity player last season.

Li’s mother works in China for several months during the year, and Sun is the son of a family friend in China, Wootten said. Sun visited in January and elected to transfer after finishing his freshman year in China.

“He would remind you of a European big man,” Wootten said. “He’s a very good athlete, he’s got good feet, moves well. He’s got a nice jump shot, he’s comfortable shooting the three-point shot. … We have him playing JV and varsity summer league to get more game experience.”
                      Originally posted by Fedfan
                      Most ppl get childish when they lose.
                      Originally posted by GuTO
                      refs in games of Spain walks with literally poop in his pants afraid of the Spanish players

Comment

Meng Xiangyu (2.21M/7ft 2) is playing for the IMG Basketball Academy at Bradenton, Florida.

Also a video he posted:
                        (I'm 72!)
                        aim low, score high

Comment

• Originally posted by JoJizzle View Post
                          #30 Senior, Jay Wey is Chinese. He goes to USF.

How about Sabatino Chen?
                          Like the New York Knicks' overnight sensation, Chen is an American (born in Boulder) with Chinese ancestry... Chen's father was born in New York, but his paternal grandparents were from Shanghai and emigrated to the U.S. during the communist takeover of China. Chen's mother is of Italian descent and also is the first generation of her family to be born in America.

CU basketball's Sabatino Chen gets a little Lin-spiration - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/colleges/c...#ixzz21ngYQQ3v

BTW USF now has Xu Tao from China.
                          aim low, score high

Comment

• Jaren Yang

Jaren Yang #11 at the 15u Bay Area Hoop Review.. Class of 2014. Two Games vs the Renegades and NorCal Pump & Run

Sacramento Kings

Comment

Jaren Yang

Jaren Yang #11 at the 15u Bay Area Hoop Review.. Class of 2014. Two Games vs the Renegades and NorCal Pump & Run

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DbKrV4Ymk5o
                              He's still in high school and was only on JV last year.

Comment

My father has a history of being a head coach on various community colleges over twenty decades. In between, he managed to get a certification for strength and conditioning. Nowadays, my father plays associate coach for either strength and conditioning or player development. Nowadays, my Dad is content in coaching gigs based on conditioning.

There was a time where he once was an assistant coach for Bishop O'Connell and for a stretch was an interim head coach as Lloyd McNaman had to attend a family matter. That was back in 2009 where Kendall Marshall, went on to play for the Tarheels and enter the NBA draft.

Moving on, Sun Siyao is in excellent shape. Has that dexterity and coordination to play the mobile PF role. His wingspan is 7 feet. Has the nice feathery touch on the floor. Very humble and soft spoken.
                                Wow! Your father must be in the Guinness for being the oldest man alive (at least 220 y.o.)
                                I DONT GET MAD, I GET EVENsigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information