Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

U.S. College/University Players of Asian descent!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jericho De Guzman(Philippines)

6-11 Jerico de Guzman is an Angeles City native who once was part of FEU's Basketball Team B but didn't make it to the cut for Basketball Team A. Rumors had it that he used to train with Japeth but he wasn't as athletic as Jap and reed-thin at 210 pounds. He is now in the States with the latest reports placing him at the Chicago area. He is now redshirting for Martin Methodist College Redhawks, a US NAIA Division I school, the same basketball league where Mark Caguioa played at.

Last edited by Alex07; 06-20-2008, 06:00 PM.
    "How small ball works: Tall Skilled beats small skilled every time,but small skilled beats tall stiff every time" - Kevin McHale

Comment

Wow certainly a lot of pinoys in the NCAA ranks.

Comment

Originally posted by JonarSabilano

Ryan Wetherell
        USC Trojans (D-I -- Pac-10)
        Height: 5-11 Weight: 175
        Point Guard
        I hope decides to play for the RP team rather than the Canadian team. Oh well, even if he'll not suit up, we're still overloaded with PG. Anyway, PBA would be a good choice for him, if he's looking for a high paying basketball league outside the NBA and Europe.
        I'm Living Life in the Fastlane

Comment

Originally posted by jxuusa
          Wow certainly a lot of pinoys in the NCAA ranks.
          Lots of other Asians too, however, do you think there will ever come a time where a pure Asian be the top scorer for an NCAA basketball team?
          GILAS WISHLIST:
          6'8 Pingris

Comment

Originally posted by interxavierxxx
            Lots of other Asians too, however, do you think there will ever come a time where a pure Asian be the top scorer for an NCAA basketball team?
            Mark Cagouia did but during his highschool day,Danny Seigle is not a pure filipino but he was a scoring machine back in Wagner College..I think being the team's top scorer would be fairly hard for a pure Asian to accomplish..give them 2-3 years..hmm.. how about the stat leaders on fouls or turnovers ?
            "How small ball works: Tall Skilled beats small skilled every time,but small skilled beats tall stiff every time" - Kevin McHale

Comment

Update About Ryan Wetherell

Ryan Wetherell Surgery Successful

USC sophomore guard Ryan Wetherell is recovering at home in Calgary, Canada, after undergoing surgery last month for a life-threatening condition in his neck.

The 5-foot-11 walk-on was struggling to breathe after an abscess in his neck placed pressure on an artery in his throat and caused his chest to swell. He was given antibiotics and underwent surgery at Good Samaritan Hospital in Los Angeles to have the abscess removed.

"The doctor said I would have died if they didn't find out about it in time," said Wetherell, who spent a week in the hospital before being released.

-- From a report by Ben Bolch --

11:47 AM PT, Jun 5 2008

Los Angeles Times blogs that were published between 2006 and 2013.

Comment

Originally posted by interxavierxxx
                That is a interesting question, a pure Asian to be the top scorer for an NCAA basketball team?. That question raises other questions as well, especially since in the U.S, other people may not view "Asian" in the same manner as it may apply to international basketball competitions.

However, just to answer that question directly with my opinion...if there is a player that is a pure Asian in the NCAA and becomes a top scorer, I think it will most likely be a big. I think this is because when a team has a talented big, they will look to get him to be a key part and more involved in the offense.

On the other hand for a guard, I'm not not even sure how people would react if there was an elite Asian guard just dominating NCAA Division 1 basketball on the level of players such as Derrick Rose, Chris Paul, Deron Williams, Jay Williams, etc. Although since JJ Reddick was one of the more known guards while he was playing in the NCAA, I'd say it's very well possible for an Asian guard to be one of the top scorers.

That might even impress Barrack Obama!

Comment

yall forgot about DERICKK LOWW...HE PLAY FOR WASHNGTON STATE...THEy were in the elite eight...

Comment

Originally posted by GaClique19
                    yall forgot about DERICKK LOWW...HE PLAY FOR WASHNGTON STATE...THEy were in the elite eight...
                    wat his nationality??

Comment

Derrick Low is half-Chinese.
                      Keep running, big boy.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex07
                        The Tabet twins are a great addition for Lebanon.Daniab will be very proud of this boys.
                        Did you see the 2 players playing? If yes what can you tell us about them?

I hope they are good!
                        ________
                        Ipad accessories
                        Last edited by Lebanon; 04-05-2011, 01:51 AM.

Comment

Name:Tarek Ammoury
                          Height : 6'3" (194cm)
                          Born 21 march 1990
                          Position : Guard
                          High School : Mclean (North US)
                          Awards: All State team, MVP of northern America,Best scorer 3 consecutive years with his high school.
                          Latest Statistics: 22ppg,9.7 rpg and 2.4 apg.
                          College : Marymount (NCAA div 1)

.this guy had a lot of offers for the best basketball universities at the USA such as DUKE,SYRACUSE and many more...

Here some quotes about Tarek :

After a low-scoring third quarter that drew McLean’s lead down to three, the Highlanders exploded offensively in the fourth, outscoring Woodson 19-5 over the last seven minutes of the game. Senior Tarek Ammoury, the all-star of the Highlanders all season, led the charge with a game-high 27 points. The victory guaranteed McLean’s first Regional Tournament berth since 1999.
                          In other district games earlier last week, Madison defeated McLean, 68-57, and Langley lost to South Lakes, 72-63. Davenport scored 20 and Sexton 15 for Langley and Madison was led by Flaherty’s 17 and Conlon’s 15.

For McLean in the loss, Austin Lastowka had 10 points before fouling out, and leading scorer Tarek Ammoury had 21 points and 13 rebounds. McLean defeated Jefferson, 64-56 in overtime, on Friday night as Ammoury had 26 points and Justin Duvarney 16.

from Virginia tech forum :

The latest on Tarek Ammoury's recruiting process is that WVU was interested in him, however the coaching change where John Beilein become the Michigan head coach. It isn't because of his grades that he hasn't gotten his first d-1 offer.

Tarek Ammoury (42) salutes the Highlander student section after his 27-point, 10-rebound performance paced McLean in the first game of Thursday's double-header.

Tarek Ammoury - McLean, 6-foot-3, Senior. Led McLean in scoring for three consecutive seasons, and was a starter since his freshman year. Was named the Northern Region Player of the Year last following the 2007-08 season. Ammoury grew up in Lebanon and moved to the United States with his family in seventh grade.

Note : he can play with our youth,and theres some tries to let him play with the youth team
                          Proud to be Lebanese
                          www.arabasket.com

Comment

Originally posted by Alex07
                            Chris Timberlake #13-North Flordia University Ospreys

Position: Point Guard

Height: 5'11"

Weight: 180 lbs

Birthplace: Miami, Florida

Previous School: Dr. Michael Krop Senior HS

Key Statistics

Games: 28

Points/Game: (PPG) 8.3

Rebounds/Game: (RPG) 1.9

Steals: 29
                            Blocks: (BLK) 1
                            Assists/Game: (APG) 2.6

<<Vid from BBALLfan101

Ryan Wetherell #2 - USC Trojans

Height / Weight:5-11 / 175

Position:Guard

Birthdate: 02/12/1988

Class:Sophomore

Hometown: Calgary, Alberta, CN

High School: Sr. Winston Churchill

THE BREAKDOWN: Ryan Wetherell, a 5-foot-11, 175-pound sophomore guard, adds to the Trojan mix at the point guard position. He is a speedy and tough competitor.

2006-07:Appeared in 15 games and played a total of 49 minutes. Played a season-high 13 minutes in the win vs. Mississippi Valley State on Nov. 28, hitting two free throws and grabbing a rebound. Scored a season-best three points and had an assist and a steal in four minutes vs. Bethune-Cookman on Dec. 14 Had two points and two assists and played nine minutes in the win at Oregon State on Jan. 6. Scored in five of the first eight games in which he appeared. Scored a point in USC's 77-60 win vs. Arkansas in the first round of the NCAA tournament, making one of two free throws.

HIGH SCHOOL:Played three years of varsity basketball at Sir Winston Churchill High in Calgary, Alberta, Canada. Was the starting point guard and was team MVP his senior season. Was awarded the Sir Winston Churchill Athlete of the Year his senior season. Earned a Calgary A Channel Player of the Month Award during his senior season. Averaged 30 points and eight assists a game. Helped lead his Junior Trojans club team to the provincial championship three years in a row, earning team MVP honors each year (2004-06)

PERSONAL:Wetherell was born on Feb. 12, 1988. Is an undeclared major at USC. Lists Michael Jordan as his biggest sports hero for his style of play, work ethic and for being the best to play the game. Lists his favorite movie as "Wedding Crashers."

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaab/players/62864<profile
                            <video

Your stats for CT are wrong. he was the starting point guard for UNF since his freshman year...i am sure that would mean he played in more that 28 games. and i know he holds the school record for number of steals (i believe). I am sure it is more than 29...he might have 29 for only 1 season. You should look into it. im sure its not your fault, you just got the information on a website that was not updated.

And now i am curious to know how many other posts on here have the wrong information????
                            It is best to get the stats directly from the school itself i think. that way its more accurate.

Comment

High school

Any scoop on High Schoolers who are planning to go pro right away?

Comment

Originally posted by DarknessFalls
                                That might even impress Barrack Obama!
                                Uh, did I miss something?

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information