PLK 2008-09 signings, rumours and results

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PLK 2008-09 signings, rumours and results

PLK not DBE because no one knows if Dominet Bank will still be the sponsor of the league.

We have got new rules in the league. Last two season one polish player should be still on the court. Now there will be next 10 minutes for polish guy born in 1985 or later - our "system to play at Olympics in London"... Yeah...

Rimas Kurtinaitis is probably staying in Wrocław.

Oliver Stević is going to fullfill the 3-year contract signed with Śląsk in 2006. He denied better offer from Polpak Świecie, and better new 3-year contract from... Śląsk, beacause of included 500k $ (!!!) buy-out ...

Tony Weeden will join Śląsk Wrocław. The guy played only in minor leagues in the USA and Canada, Syria and the worst DBE club last season - Polpharma Starogard Gdański. He was bought because of low salary...

His plays from Poland:

Coach Kijewski is back to Poznań. He is legendary player of the legendary club - Lech Poznań, which doesn't exist (as a basketaball team) for more than 10 years. But there is a new club Politechnika Poznań trying to continue the tradition. They want to buy wild card to play in PLK.

First Politechnika targets/rumours: Goran Jagodnik and Miah Davis.

beobasket says that Gurović stays in Prokom, but this is not certain.

Originally posted by greg
    beobasket says that Gurović stays in Prokom, but this is not certain.
    They say he has the contract extended for next season after he won the championship, so imho why should he change again now that he'll have a new chance to play the Euroleague as a main player of the team? I know many of you in Poland (all except Prokom's supporters) want him out of your country and I always hope to get up one day and hear he signed for Cantù but I think it won't happen this year.
    "It's hard to play against players like Milan Gurovic who is able to change any situation"
    један је Гуровић Милан!
    Хвала богу на Дарку и Милану!

Comment

Originally posted by Hvala Milane
      They say he has the contract extended for next season after he won the championship, so imho why should he change again now that he'll have a new chance to play the Euroleague as a main player of the team? I know many of you in Poland (all except Prokom's supporters) want him out of your country and I always hope to get up one day and hear he signed for Cantù but I think it won't happen this year.
      All is about money as always. I hope he stay in sopot but we will see

Comment

Originally posted by stas
        All is about money as always. I hope he stay in sopot but we will see
        He didnt have contract for 2 years if yes he will stay for next season ...

One of the most important daily newspapers in Poland, 'Przeglad Sportowy', informed today that Anwil Wloclawek is very close to sign a deal with Slovenian coach Zmago Sagadin . A legendary coach, who achieved almost everything with Olimpija Ljubljana, came to Wloclawek in order to find out more about the club and city and to negotiate the terms of contract.
        Such information has also a confirmation from Slovenian media. Slovenian section of eurobasket.com infromed about agreeing terms of contract by both sides yesterday.
        Moreover 'PS' quoted Sagadin's words: 'I do not have to work for money, I have them. It is a big challenge to work in Wloclawek for Anwil. I still believe I can achieve good results. Moreover, I saw that the level of training base in Wloclawek is so high and I have to say it is what I expect from club.' When it comes to Anwil, the president of this club says; 'We have not inked a deal yet, but we are close to do it. The coach Sagadin spent two days in Wloclawek. He was seeing the club's base and was meeting with team players. I said that he sees a great potential to achieve a success in Wloclawek.'
        It is worth underlining that Sagadin, if he inks a deal he will replace his countryman Ales Pipan who has just signed with Zlotorog Lasko.

Comment

Hi! What can you tell me about Alan Daniels? He used to play here in Italy (Livorno) during his rookie season. How did he play with Anwil?

Comment

Originally posted by special-thanks-2
            Hi! What can you tell me about Alan Daniels? He used to play here in Italy (Livorno) during his rookie season. How did he play with Anwil?
            His stats in Poland http://www.plk.pl/?sub=player&id=1568
            and in ULEB http://www.ulebcup.com/ulebcup/home/...r?pcode=000587
            "It's hard to play against players like Milan Gurovic who is able to change any situation"
            један је Гуровић Милан!

Comment

Originally posted by special-thanks-2
              Alan was great, he is very slim player, but he can shoot for 2 for 3 and also fight under basket. He have (I quess) elevator in foot because nobody fly like him !!!

I know that Alan want still play in Wloclawek, and wait for new coach decision ...

Comment

Originally posted by PHILIPeurobasket
                he can shoot for 2 for 3
                I can do it as well! 20-25% for 3 ...

Comment

Originally posted by PHILIPeurobasket
                  He didnt have contract for 2 years if yes he will stay for next season ...

Besko had contract for 2 years as well.
                  So don't be so sure.

Comment

Originally posted by stas
                    Besko had contract for 2 years as well.
                    So don't be so sure.
                    It depends on what he wants to do, maybe he wants to return in some top leagues (ACB, Italy, Greece) but I think he'll stay in Sopot especially because of the chance to play another Euroleague as a main player: you have to remember that Milan has always been a guy who loves to show what he's able to do where they give him the chance to do it at his best, for example when he was playing for Red Star he admitted he refused a big offer from Olympiacos because he prefered to be the main player in Belgrade instead of being an anonimous role player in Athens but much better paid and he also said he refused to go to NBA (Celtics and Pacers were interested in signing him) after the 2002 WC because he didn't want to be the back up their team's stars who had their butts kicked by himself in the famous quarterfinal. With all this stuff I hope you'll be more hopeful about Milan's permanence in Sopot !
                    један је Гуровић Милан!

Comment

Coach Pacesas is very close to stay in Prokom (Krauze's decision).

That could mean that Gurović is far far away from staying in Sopot

Comment

Originally posted by greg
                        Coach Pacesas is very close to stay in Prokom (Krauze's decision).

That could mean that Gurović is far far away from staying in Sopot
                        Why?
                        један је Гуровић Милан!

Comment

Originally posted by Hvala Milane
                          Why?
                          Exactly why

Comment

Just think one minute "why some players don't want to cooperate with some coaches?". The way of Pacesas work is similar to "Urlep style" or worse...

Comment

So, what's the translation for non Polish fans who don't know who is that Urlep?
                              један је Гуровић Милан!

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information