Danilo Gallinari

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Danilo Gallinari

I do not know much about him and after today's lottery draft there is a very good chance he is drafted by the Knicks as his father used to play with D'Antoni.

Can someone give some insight as to his strength and weaknesses? Would love to know more about him

after all the disrespect of both Bellinelli & Bargnani by their NBA coaches by wither not making them part of the offence or benching them, I wonder why another Italian player wants to go through the same ordeal?

Comment

scot mitchell needs to get out of toronto. why doesnt colangelo hire someone else?!?!
      "A nationality that easily feels wronged is an insecure one, and one that will be difficult to progress."-Anonymous

Comment

Originally posted by Phantim3dx
        scot mitchell needs to get out of toronto. why doesnt colangelo hire someone else?!?!
        Sam Mitchell

Comment

Originally posted by each way

Can someone give some insight as to his strength and weaknesses? Would love to know more about him
          in few words:
          he is better then Bargnani was before the draft..
          and Bargnani was a first pick..
          so you figure it out..
          "Heja, heja Cibosi, hrabri kao vukovi,

heja, heja cibosi, vodite nas k pobjedi. "

Comment

Believe me, Danilo is/will be a lot better player than Bargnani and Belinelli. He's the real deal.

Comment

Catching Bellineli play a couple times here in the bay area, he's going to be a player. Bargnani stunk it up in the playoffs this year.

Stuart
              http://www.facebook.com/interbasket
              http://www.twitter.com/interbasket
              http://www.interbasket.net

Comment

Are you crazy? Gallinari to the Knicks? or maybe send him to Liberia and execute him? Same thing...

I hope some multimilion russian club will take him where he will play basketball and became a good player instead of going to red cross missions and help people to rebuild poor american houses after huricane.

Comment

Originally posted by Test
                  Are you crazy? Gallinari to the Knicks? or maybe send him to Liberia and execute him? Same thing...

I hope some multimilion russian club will take him where he will play basketball and became a good player instead of going to red cross missions and help people to rebuild poor american houses after huricane.
                  You do realise how the draft works right? If he nominates for the draft it is out of his hands

Madison Square Garden will be the likely destination.

Comment

Madison Square Garden will be the likely destination.
                    if and when he decides to go to NBA..
                    but like we have seen it many times before if he doesn't go there right away the rights for him could be exchanged..
                    "Heja, heja Cibosi, hrabri kao vukovi,

heja, heja cibosi, vodite nas k pobjedi. "

Comment

...Madison Square Garden will be the likely destination.
                      I'm sure you guys have all read this by now, but it's a good anecdote:
                      D'Antoni May Be Saying "Ciao" to a New Player - by Stan McNeal, May 26, 2008, Sporting News

From the small-world department: Vittorio Gallinari, the father (and agent) of the best international player in the draft, 6-9 Italian SF Danilo Gallinari, was teammates with Mike D’Antoni for nine seasons on Olympia Milano. They shared an apartment for one year, won four Italian League championships and claimed Euroleague titles in 1987 and ‘88. Now the younger Gallinari could end up playing for D’Antoni’s Knicks, who have the sixth pick. “I am not a coach and I don’t want Mike’s job, but I think Danilo could be great for Mike’s style of play,” Vittorio Gallinari says… .

The Grizzlies finished the season tied for the third-worst record in the league but ended up with the fifth pick in the lottery, continuing a 14-year run of never having the No. 1 pick. G.M. Chris Wallace remains positive, though. He says the draft is deep enough that he will be disappointed if he can’t find a player to step right into the rotation—Stanford C Brook Lopez would be a good fit… .

Wallace also believes the team’s February trade of PF Pau Gasol could look like more than a salary dump by next season, thanks, coincidentally, to Gasol’s younger brother. Marc Gasol, a second-round pick last season who was sent to Memphis in the trade for his brother, has transformed from a 300-plus-pound teenager to a 7-foot physical force. Marc, 23, dominated a second-division Spanish league last winter and is ready for the NBA. Wallace says bringing in Marc Gasol will be like adding two lottery picks—if the Grizzlies can outbid European clubs for his services. The Grizzlies, who also have the Lakers’ first-round pick (28th) this year, will enter the offseason with more room under the salary cap than any team except the 76ers.
                      "I really like the attitudes of eagles. They never give up. When they grab a fish or something else, they never let it go. It doesn't matter. In a book, they write they find a skeleton of [an] eagle and there is no fish. It means that the fish beat him and killed him, but he didn't let go." -- Donatas Motiejunas

Comment

Just a bump for this thread to confirm that the Knicks did indeed draft Gallinari as their #6 pick in the draft.

Good luck to the kid this upcoming season.

Comment

Just a bump for this thread to confirm that the Knicks did indeed draft Gallinari as their #6 pick in the draft.
                          And just to further this bump, he was actually booed when he was drafted.

There are two coaches that I would trust to make Gallinari a good player: Don Nelson and Mike D'Antoni. He's going to turn into a fine player.
                          "I really like the attitudes of eagles. They never give up. When they grab a fish or something else, they never let it go. It doesn't matter. In a book, they write they find a skeleton of [an] eagle and there is no fish. It means that the fish beat him and killed him, but he didn't let go." -- Donatas Motiejunas

Comment

14 points all in the second half (5-7 for 2, 0-4 for 3, 4-4 fts), 6 rebounds and 2 assists in 30 minutes for Gallinari in his debut with Knicks at Las Vegas, won by 3. Tonight at 10 PM (Italian time) he'll play again live on Sportitalia (for us).
                            "It's hard to play against players like Milan Gurovic who is able to change any situation"
                            један је Гуровић Милан!
                            Хвала богу на Дарку и Милану!

Comment

Working...
                            X

Debug Information