No announcement yet.

Olimpija in 2008/09 season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tomorrow's meeting of Olimpija's management is transposed on autumn...

It was told they will elect the new president and confirm some new sponsors, but once again the same story...

Anyway, there will be the press conference at 17 on which they will present some reinforcements for the roster etc...

Probably they will confirm Džikić as coach and Hukić for next two years + Rudež and Mason...

Comment

Olimpija will host a tournament in September 26-28 with the participation of Panathinaikos, Maccabi and maybe CSKA.

Originally posted by parso
      Gomelsky doesn't know @@@@ about basketball
      Originally posted by sseppel
      it's not asking too much for someone to know where the fuck he is.
      Originally posted by UMUT_FB_LAL
      Scola makes me wanna touch myself, no homo

Comment

According to eurobasket.com:

Aleksandar Dzikic extends contract with Union Olimpia on next three seasons. Dzikic came in Union Olimpia in January 2008. and played with them semi final of Adriatic league, won national Cup and Slovenian championship. Before Union Olimpia he was assistant coach in Partizan 1999-2006. As head coach he started season 2006. in Atlas banka Novi Beograd, then moved to Minesota Timberwolves 2006-2007. as assistant coach. He was head coach of Yugoslavian U17 National Team 1999.

Comment

Originally posted by Inspector

Aleksandar Dzikic extends contract with Union Olimpia on next three seasons. Dzikic came in Union Olimpia in January 2008. and played with them semi final of Adriatic league, won national Cup and Slovenian championship. Before Union Olimpia he was assistant coach in Partizan 1999-2006. As head coach he started season 2006. in Atlas banka Novi Beograd, then moved to Minesota Timberwolves 2006-2007. as assistant coach. He was head coach of Yugoslavian U17 National Team 1999.

Man im liking this off season very much, things are actually happening in june instead of in september lol.
          My homage to The heroes:
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOFlzU14Ivs

Comment

Good for your team. Now you have Dule Vujosevic 2 as coach.

Comment

Originally posted by Buducnost PG
              Good for your team. Now you have Dule Vujosevic 2 as coach.
              Yeah, he is a great coach, he is very popular in the team and in the management as well.

A couple of months ago Milič said: it's better to sign him now, when his price isn't that tall, than after a year or two, when he will become one of the greatest coaches in Europe... and Olimpija won't be able to pay him...

He is the first successful foreign coach in Olimpija...

Comment

Yeah, he is a great coach, he is very popular in the team and in the management as well.

A couple of months ago Milič said: it's better to sign him now, when his price isn't that tall, than after a year or two, when he will become one of the greatest coaches in Europe... and Olimpija won't be able to pay him...

He is the first successful foreign coach in Olimpija...
                I wouldn't hype him that much. He did good job past season with bringing team togather, turning the behavior of US guys around. Team also started to play different, there were more inside game visable, more teamwork etc.

He accomplished all goals, winning Slovenian Cup and League, but that's something what is expected from Olimpija no matter what happens. He "failed" in Euroleague, but to be honest he didn't have much time at that part of the season. He joined the club three days before the decisive game in Euroleague, so this shouldn't be judged as failure.

I agree he is a good young coach, but he will have to prove himself all over again if he'll want to stay here in Olimpija.

Although, the last rumours about Olimpija negotiating with Zlatorog's PG/SG Chester "Chet the Jet" Mason give me quite some worries... just another average US guy playing in Europe, good defender, athletic can play both PG and SG, good drive, but bad shoter on other hand... he'd be solid for a backup PG, but nothing more... we'll see. I expected better Americans for 2008/2009 season.

This also probably means that Maurice Bailey won't be coming back and for that I'm quite happy about.

Comment

does anyone know where i could listen in on the PC?
                  My homage to The heroes:
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOFlzU14Ivs

Comment

Sweet.

Olimpija extended Sašo Ožbolt for another two years and signed Jaka Klobučar on 4 years deal.

Comment

Ole! Now go hunting for C (probably they'll wait for Brezec's decision) and two, maybe three guards.

Comment

Originally posted by zwbgr
                        Ole! Now go hunting for C (probably they'll wait for Brezec's decision) and two, maybe three guards.
                        Considering the situation is like this:

PG: x, Bailey?, x
                        SG: Ožbolt, Klobučar
                        SF: Hukić, Rudež
                        PF: Milič, Zupan
                        C: x, x, Begić?

I think we need a starter C (Brezec?), a backup C (Golubović?), a starter PG (Ilievski? Ćapin?), a combo backup PG/SG (Mason? or Bailey staying?) and one youngster to fill the last spot (Sarajlija? Ja. Močnik?). If we assume that Maurice Bailey is leaving despite having one year to go on his contract.

They also confirmed that Radojevič (1989, C), Sarajlija (1991, PG/SG) and Sirnik (1991, SF) are staying in first team for next season. Sirnik and Sarajlija signed their first contracts for 4 seasons each.

Begić also has one more year on his contract, but there are rumours that Džikić doesn't want him for next season.

Primož Brezec will decide between 1.7. - 15.7., as for Golubović rumours... he is also waiting for NBA draft how everything will work out... we'll see if there's anything reliable about those rumours. As for Ilievski... I heard he'll come only if the other offer which he will recieve won't be much bigger than those of Olimpija.

Players of Olimpija which are under contract for next season:

Jaka Klobučar (197cm, 1987, SG) - SLO (4 years contract)
                        Mirza Sarajlija (186cm, 1991, PG) - SLO (4 years contract)
                        Matic Sirnik (200cm, 1991, SF) - SLO (4 years contract)
                        Dejan Radojević (213cm, 1989, C) - SLO/SRB (4 years contract)
                        Jasmin Hukić (204cm, 1979, SF/PF) - BIH/SLO (2 years contract)
                        Marko Milič (200cm, 1977, PF) - SLO (2 years contract)
                        Sašo Ožbolt (188cm, 1981, SG) - SLO (2 years contract)
                        Maurice Bailey (183cm, 1981, PG/SG) - USA (1 year contract)
                        Mirza Begić (220cm, 1985, C) - SLO/BIH (1 year contract)
                        Miha Zupan (203cm, 1981, PF/C) - SLO (1 year contract)
                        Damjan Rudež (205cm, 1986, SF/PF) - CRO (3 years contract)
                        Jan Močnik (174cm, 1987, PG) - SLO (3 years contract)
                        Last edited by elaj; 06-19-2008, 12:22 PM.

Comment

wow ... It just crossed my mind I should stop smoking weed, untill realising I did that 5 years ago and Olimpija actually did sign Džikić, Rudež, Klobučar and Ožbolt... and it's not even september...wow ... i'm used to surprises when it comes to Olimpija but ussualy they weren't in a positive way...
                          Originally posted by Jon_Koncak
                          That's funny shit.I cant believe there are sports fans thinking like it.It's like Federer losing to random Japanese player in round 1 of French Open but tournament director stepping in and saying "hey it was a fluke win who wants to watch a random Japanese guy in next round,Federer qualifies"

Comment

WOW from me too

Especially beacuse of long term contracts of Rudež, Klobučar, Šarajlija and Sirnik...nice backcourt that will be really dangerous in 2-years time.

Now we only need some additions like that also in the frontcourt...of course we need starting C...but I will be watching youth signings more closely as they are those important pieces of the team that show if this Olimpija really has a vision and is gona try to challenge for F4 in few years time as Janković once stated for the media.

Till now IMO all new signings are really well selected with lot of potential.

Also great news that Dzikić signed 3-year contract...this also looks like this team has a long term vision.

Go Zmajčki!

Comment

Ukrainian club Azovmash Mariupol signed Slovenian NT player Aleksandar Capin (186-G-82) on 1+1 deal. Capin started previous season in Italy where he played for Whirlpool Varese and averaged 13.3ppg, 2.9rpg, 1.9apg, 1.5spg in 15 games but moved to Greece in January '08 to sign with Panionios ON Telecoms Athens. He averaged 8.4ppg, 1.0rpg, 1.8apg in 11 games of Greek Regular Season and 6.2ppg, 1.7apg in 10 games of Greek Play-Offs.

Comment

Damjan Rudez had a great workout in Indianapolis several days ago, he could not miss a shot and described this performace "as best in his lifetime". He also performed strong couple of days later as reported by Draftexpress enchancing his chances for 2nd round selection.
                                My blog about european hoops http://insidehoops.blog.com

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information