Olimpija in 2008/09 season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by elaj
    That would be amazing news, we would finally have a center under the rim. Last time we had a decent center was in 2000/2001 when Emilio Kovačić played in Olimpija.

Thank you Pečečnik if that's true. Those who don't know who he is... he is one of the wealthiest men in Slovenia and in last two three years he is investing in sports some huge ammounts, especially in football club Interblock. Once I remember his words that he is prepared to pay 6M$ per season to some "first class football player" when his club's new stadium will be bulit (yeah he is also building or rebuilding the fooball stadium in Ljubljana).

Still, for 1.2M€ we could get two high quality players..., anyway, that would be really something if Brezec signs with Olimpija, but still highly doubtful...let's wait and see. To be honest I don't believe anyone anything anymore (wow), it was too much nice words in last 4-5 years and nothing of that came true...
    he he my sentiments exactly.
    My homage to The heroes:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOFlzU14Ivs

Comment

Lets all pray now that we get Breza and non of this Rizvić Booker Begić crap under the basket playing the C
      My homage to The heroes:
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOFlzU14Ivs

Comment

It has been a long time since I last posted on this forum. Time to get back into discussion as offseason begins

IMO most important for Olimpija is to extend Džikić. Not only for his great coaching ability but also for his renome between players. That would play crucial move for Olimpija as club can't offer big bucks to players.

One comment on previously written recommendations of line-ups: Bazdarić and Hukić combination would't be really good as they are to similar players. On their position they are both not as quick players (bad for defending athletic teams) and both are shooters that need some help from teammates in form of screening to hit open shots.

My wishes would be:
        - Džikić (IMO the most important factor in getting good prospects and come-back players)
        - Ilievski
        - one more come-back player (if Brezec thats great...if not him, somebody else with exeprience)
        - Šarajlija and Sirnik have to be be put forward. I have no doubts they would be great asset to the team if Džikić stays as coach...individually he really works well with players and is not afraid to give youngsters a chance...both Sarajlija and Sirnik have ability to play on this level...first one plays on such playing position that there is no pressure on him...Sirnik on the other hand has height for his position and very long wingspan...this gives both of them some buffer when starting to play on greater level...Močnik on the other hand doesn't have such buffer...he is even handicapped by his height...so one year for example in Domžale with a lot of playing time would be of great benefit to him.
        - getting some talented americans (2) with athletic ability (north or south...I don't care)...as written before by someone of you Džikić should have great connections over Atlantic
        - Klobučar and D.Lorbek are probably only two of Slovenian youngsters that we can count on at EL level.

So here we go:
        PG: Ilievski, Bailey? (other american?)...Dragić&Ilievski with american back-up would of course be my first option
        SG: Klobučar, Ožbolt, Sarajlija
        SF: Hukić, Nikola Dragović? (UCLA, 1987 - counting on Dzikić)/Branko Jorović?/D.Lorbek?
        PF: Milič, Zupan, american guy/other serbian talent?
        C: Brezec/Ilić, Begić

SG looks weak...depending on Ožbolt...Klobučar would IMO shine under Dzikić...but if Dragić somehow ends in Olimpija he can also play together with Ilievski in the same line-up...of course exchanging PG role.

Comment

Are there some rumors about Joksimovic? Treviso is very interested in him, but also Pesaro made an offer. Any chance for him in Olimpija? As a Benetton fan who I am, can I consider him a white&green player?

Comment

Originally posted by SK#13
            Are there some rumors about Joksimovic? Treviso is very interested in him, but also Pesaro made an offer. Any chance for him in Olimpija? As a Benetton fan who I am, can I consider him a white&green player?
            I only know that he signed a contract for 2 years before this season with Hemofarm. But i don´t know if it was a clear 2 years contract or a 1+1 contract. Perhaps the team that wants to sign him must pay a buyout to Hemofarm.

Comment

I read an interview with Nebojša Joksimovič a month ago saying that he would like to play in Euroleague next season, but he still has one year to go with his Hemofarm so I don't think him leaving for free is realistical option. Although, I'd love to see him in Olimpija.

Union Olimpija signed Damijan Rudež (206cm, SF, 1986) from Split on 2+1 deal. They paid 60.000€ buyout to his former club Split. Great signing!

Now we have our SF position full with Rudež and Hukić.
              Last edited by elaj; 06-15-2008, 01:49 PM.

Comment

I read an interview with Nebojša Joksimovič a month ago saying that he would like to play in Euroleague next season, but he still has one year to go with his Hemofarm so I don't think him leaving for free is realistical option. Although, I'd love to see him in Olimpija.
                If Nebojsa doesn't go to Ljubljana, 300k€ for him and 200k€ to Hemofarm can be ok for buy him here in Treviso? I don't think that some EL team apart from Olimpija can give him a chance. Maybe Panionios...but they 'll probably sign Jaaber from Roma.

Comment

If Nebojsa doesn't go to Ljubljana, 300k€ for him and 200k€ to Hemofarm can be ok for buy him here in Treviso? I don't think that some EL team apart from Olimpija can give him a chance. Maybe Panionios...but they 'll probably sign Jaaber from Roma.
                  I don't think Olimpija will go after him if there is a buyout included. We could offer him 300.000€ per season, but for sure we couldn't afford a buyout of 200.000€ or more... I think Joksimovič will stay in Hemofarm for another season and then he'll try and sign with some Euroleague team. He made a great improvement over the years in Hemofarm, he is an aggressive combo guard who can play both SG and PG if needed. In my opinion he has a very bright future.

Comment

Jaka Klobucar will stay in Slovan?

Comment

Jaka Klobucar will stay in Slovan?
                      Probably not due the fact that his Slovan will be playing only Slovenian championship next season...because they didn't qualify for the Adriatic League.

Olimpija will probably go after him, or already went after him. In my opinion he's ready for some backup role in Olimpija at SG/SF position.

It would be really sweet if he'd come. Olimpija's future would look bright with players like Rudež, Klobučar and let's say Golubović who is also rumoured.

Comment

Probably not due the fact that his Slovan will be playing only Slovenian championship next season...because they didn't qualify for the Adriatic League.

Olimpija will probably go after him, or already went after him. In my opinion he's ready for some backup role in Olimpija at SG/SF position.

It would be really sweet if he'd come. Olimpija's future would look bright with players like Rudež, Klobučar and let's say Golubović who is also rumoured.
                        OK, another player that will be really good for Treviso. He has a buyout?

Comment

OK, another player that will be really good for Treviso. He has a buyout?
                          Sure, every player has it's price.

Comment

Sure, every player has it's price.
                            I thought that he hasn't a contract with Slovan for next season. OK. What's the amount of the buyout?

Comment

I thought that he hasn't a contract with Slovan for next season. OK. What's the amount of the buyout?
                              I have no clue.

BTW, is Marco Atripaldi staying as GM of Treviso? I saw him and his guys being present at Olimpija and other Slovenian games quite often. If not, who did replace him?

Comment

I have no clue.

BTW, is Marco Atripaldi staying as GM of Treviso? I saw him and his guys being present at Olimpija and other Slovenian games quite often. If not, who did replace him?
                                No. He was fired and came back to Biella. In Treviso now there are Enzo Lefebre as GM, Massimo Iacopini (captain of 1992 italian title and 1993 EL final) as a team manager. But in fact the real GM is the coach Oktay Mahmuti.
                                BTW, if Alex Bougaieff will become the back-up C of Treviso, he'll be the first signing of history born by an idea of a forum.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information