Olimpija in 2008/09 season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Olimpija in 2008/09 season

since the talks about the next years team already started I think it's the time for the new thread

team I'd like to see and within supposed financial possibilities for the next season:

PG: Dragič, Močnik/Bailey/some other US guard
    With Dragič it all depends on the court and on the next Tau coach in anyway I do believe there are some chances for Olimpija to keep him for one more season. One more ear in euroleague on this level would mostlikely be the best for him, the question is if his manager will agree to that.
    I think Olimpija should in the future look towards Jan Močnik as well, but the reality is that at his age, all he needs is playing time and no practices instead, he should change the team for his good.
    As Olimpija can't exactl pursue some big time players I'd try to lure Helios's Jure Močnik in the team, it's again a question if he can remain healthy for the whole season- if he can he'll start to contribute and add a fast pace dimension to the team

As for Čapin and Joksimovič that appear in those preseason calculations oftenly. I don't like Čapin's soft defense at all, he might be doing decently in offense but he still wouldn't be my first pick on PG reinforcement. Joksimovič would mostlikely set a price that wouldn't be appropriate with some other players getting less and mostlikely contributing more to the team.

SG: Sašo Ožbolt, Jaka Klobučar
    If only Sašo stays healthy and gets at least up to 80% of his old level
    Klobučar once said (as a devoted Krka supporter) he'll never play for Olimpija, I hope he'd change his mind as both sides would benefit from it within 2-3 ears period.

SF: Hukić, US player, Dino Murič
    Of course "Huka zlatna ruka" has to be included. with some more players that's be dangerous on the perimeter he won't be covered as closely as he was anymore.
    we already know the story with US players... I personally would give Gorenc a chance if he would be able to play another season at this level, but that's questionable..
    I'd add Dino Murić to the team if Parklji would let him go, as he looks like the brightest slovenian talent at this moment he might be getting some minutes in adriatic league and national championship... of course get him under 6-7 years contract untill the guy starts to shine somewhere else and gets offers from abroad he won't be able to refuse

PF: Milič, Zupan
    Milič might have an off season so far, but I believe he can play better as he did and believe he will. Zupan got his first chance in euroleague, we're used of his unstability but on the other hand he really impressed in some games, nailing 3 pointers and hustling for those rebounds. Olimpija should try to resign him to a new long term contract as soon as possible.

C: Begić, Rizvić, US player (hopefully not running away as Graves and not afraid of contact as Booker)
    With the prices on the market we don't have any room for dreaming here, US PF/C tweeners will be available, some of less aknowledged ones for a decent price as well, Džikić might use his contacts and get us one of those... the fact he worked with Minnesota might proove as a plus to those players.
    Begić has some other type of issues... Rizvić is just... Rizvić, but I prefer sticking out with these two than calculating with some unprooved foreigners that've either played at a lower level, are injury prone, have character issues, can't stand even less contact than Rizvić&Begić or some other stuff that made them drop their price to Olimpija's level.
    The way Begić played in the second part of the season gives us some hope

that's within our sad reality... otherwise i'd go with
    PG: Cook, Dragič, Vladović
    SG: Lorbek, Ožbolt
    SF: Dragičević, Hukić
    C: Brezec, Ilić, Begić
    Originally posted by Jon_Koncak
    That's funny shit.I cant believe there are sports fans thinking like it.It's like Federer losing to random Japanese player in round 1 of French Open but tournament director stepping in and saying "hey it was a fluke win who wants to watch a random Japanese guy in next round,Federer qualifies"

I hope Dragić's agent will pressure on TAU to loan him for another season. There's no place for him in TAU yet. I don't know about Mile Ilić but since he don't have successful season he may has low price (400k €?). I would really like to see him in Olimpija, he still has a potential.
    I hope we can bring Klobučar. D. Lorbek would be too expensive probably. Dino Murič is possibility, Sirnik and Sarajlija are too. Močnik has to be loaned to some 1.SKL club. I would sign Rizvič for another season but only as 3rd center. There remains a hole on backup SF position. Klobučar could play there, but we'll need one more player, probably some american guy from NCAA.

PG: Dragič, Bailey
    SG: Ožbolt, Klobučar
    SF: Hukič, Americanguy
    C: Ilič, Begič, Rizvič

Comment

PG: Aleksandar Ćapin / Maurice Bailey / Jan Močnik
      Maurice Bailey still has one more year on his contract. New GM already said that they will probably keep him due to sum they would have to pay him if they would break his contract. I guess he is staying, expect if they will work something out. In my opinion Bailey can be quite usefull player. He needed quite sometime to adapt, but under Džikić he started playing better.

Jan Močnik has still three more years on his contract. I would keep him in the team as third backup, but he needs to work harder on his long range shooting.

I would add Aleksandar Ćapin (currently Panionios) on at least two years deal. In my opinion he has the quality for this level and he is also occasional Slovenian NT member.

Goran Dragič is probably leaving for TAU Ceramica. Maybe if miracle happens and Olimpija somehow gets him due to his law court... chances in my opinion close to 5%.

SG: Marino Baždarić / Sašo Ožbolt
      Sašo Ožbolt is staying with the team. His recovery seems to be going in right direction. It will be a huge success for him if he makes a comeback, but I wouldn't expect much from him in next season. I had same knee injury as him, so believe me, if he makes a comeback I'll be the first one giving him the credit, but in my opinion he still has long way to go. I'd have him in the team as a backup.

I'd sign Marino Baždarić (currently Vive Menorca) again. He is well experienced shooter and in my opinion he would do great in Olimpija once again. He is also able to play some minutes on SF.

SF: Jasmin Hukić / Jaka Klobučar
      Jasmin Hukić is close to extending his contract for another two years. He is one of the most important players in the team and I'm glad he is staying.

Jaka Klobučar (currently Geoplin Slovan) needs to be signed. I believe he can be a good backup to Hukić on SF. He is a player who is able to swing between SG/SF. He has the size for SF and also he is a great shooter so he can also play SG.

PF: Marko Milič / Miha Zupan
      Both are staying. Marko Milič has two more seasons on his contract. Zupan one more season. He should be extended for another two seasons.

C: US PF/C / Hasan Rizvić / Mirza Begić
      Mirza Begić has one more year on his deal, but I heard he isn't really happy with his role in the team. We will see, I'd keep him, same goes for Rizvić. Although, I'm not a big fan of him.

I'd try and bring Uroš Slokar (currently Triumph Moscow), but chances for this are low to zero. He had a decent season in Russia, so I believe he would have to lower his demads quite a lot in order to come to Olimpija and Olimpija would probably need to spend a record high salary on him (in both time).

I would try and bring Vladimir Golubović from Vojvodina and sign him on two or three years deal. In my opinion last two options aren't really realistical, but you never know, dreaming is allowed.

update: Bringing both Slokar and Golubović (instead of Rizvić for example) would be really sweet, but not realistical due to budget limitations. Yeah, I'm dreaming, I just heard Slokar's agent wants around 1million€ for next season.

If those options fail, I'd search for C/PF overseas.

COACH: Aleksandar Džikić
      He already confirmed that he is about to extend his deal with Olimpija for another three seasons.

This is a team for around 2.000.000€.

In my opinion this is a team for all home titules, Finals of Adriatic League and a decent fight for TOP16 of Euroleague (with a bit luck, we might get there).
      Last edited by elaj; 05-21-2008, 11:53 AM.

Comment

As some of already you probably know, Rizvić signed a two year contract wit the Ucrainian champions Azovmash, the same goes for Ćapin - he should sign in nex few days.

I read the interview with the new GM Dolenc on our national TV's internet site and he mentioned there is no possibility to bring any of ex Olimpija's players back. He also mentioned Močnik wouldn't stay in Olimpija, as he isn't really useful for Euroleague (I agree).

That's why probably we won't have the chance to see Ćapin, Močnik, Rizvič, Lorbek and Baždarič in the roster for the next season.

I still hope they will find a good C, Golubovič or Ilič might be great choices.

I find great the idea to bring Jure Močnik from Helios as well. He is very useful for every roster...

IMO, the roster will look like this:

PG: Bailey, Sarajlija, Vladovič (?)
        SG: Ožbolt, Americanguy, Klobučar (?)
        SF: Hukič, Americanguy
        C: Begič, Golubovič or Ilič

Coach: Džikić

I really want to know more about Dino Murič, as I don't know this guy yet...

Comment

Originally posted by Inspector
          I really want to know more about Dino Murič, as I don't know this guy yet...
          Dino Murič (199cm, SF/PF, 1990!) plays as loaned player from Parklji Bežigrad in TCG Mercator. Scoring maschine in youth categories (EC U16: 20.6ppg, 10.4rpg - EC U18: 16.3ppg, 7.0rpg - he played slightly injured), he is left handed forward and plays mainly on SF/PF. He needs to add better outside shoot in order to play efficiently on SF. He can nail outside shots, but in youth categories perfers to play outside-in due to physically weaker opponets. Great rebounder but still below average defender, but as I said before, he needs to adapt his style more on SF position if he wants to play on highest level.

He averaged 6.9ppg, 2.8rpg - 34 games (25mpg) in his first season in first Slovenian League with TCG Mercator.

In my opinion he should be signed, but then loaned to a team in first league which would play him decent minutes as same as he gets now in TCG Mercator.

Originally posted by Inspector
          I find great the idea to bring Jure Močnik from Helios as well. He is very useful for every roster...
          Although Jure Močnik is free agent this summer I wouldn't sign him for Olimpija (I think he has signed 1+1 with Helios on his option). He will always be a small time player due to his problems with outside shoot. In my opinion very similar player to Jan, a bit bigger and stronger in drives (less explosive), but if GM said Jan can't play on this level (yet?) then in my opinion Jure also isn't capable. Also very prone to injuries...

Jan Močnik will be loaned next season to some first league team, in my opinion good decision.

Mirza Sarajlija has the future in the team in my opinion if he learns to play within the system. He is a great scorer, but at highest level he won't be able to take a shoot in every possesion as he is doing in youth categories.
          Last edited by elaj; 06-10-2008, 09:25 AM.

Comment

hello.Where I can buy one jersey of olimpija and slovenian team?thanks

Comment

Originally posted by vittor14
              hello.Where I can buy one jersey of olimpija and slovenian team?thanks
              For Olimpija jersey http://www.union.olimpija.com/15/19/ or better, send an email to mira.dosenovic@union.olimpija.com . As for Slovenian NT jersey... a week ago I got an email (doesn't matter why) from a guy who is selling SIGNED Slovenian NT jersey, anyway his email is here: wedprogramme@hotmail.com. If you want non signed, fresh from the store... here is the link http://www.kzs-zveza.si/kzs/index.php?x=4&xy=981 (send an email to spaldingova_trgovina@kzs-zveza.si - the jersey costs like 40€)

Comment

As expected, Union Olimpija extended Jasmin Hukić for two more seasons. Coach Džile should follow him soon.

Comment

just for curiosity

TAU's president said yesterday that Dragic will be in TAU's roster at least, for the first trainings of the season (the didnt dany the possibility of a new loan) - same situation as Barac - but he didnt even mentioned the law issue with Dragic. I really dont know if it was maybe finished or something.
                  I KISS BASKET

Comment

Originally posted by Neozyrus
                    just for curiosity

TAU's president said yesterday that Dragic will be in TAU's roster at least, for the first trainings of the season (the didnt dany the possibility of a new loan) - same situation as Barac - but he didnt even mentioned the law issue with Dragic. I really dont know if it was maybe finished or something.
                    Ofcourse he won't mention law issues. He thinks they did nothing wrong. I also would skip such "not important" detail if I were TAU Ceramica's president.

As I know it's not finished yet, if it were then our press would find something out and Dragič would probably announce whose player is he exactly, same goes for Slovan's side. Law issues here in Slovenia are resolving really slow. We'll see what will happen. I hope Slovan gets his rights and Dragič signs with Olimpija.

Dragič went to Spain to get his medical examination as his loan contract states.

Comment

Originally posted by elaj
                      As expected, Union Olimpija extended Jasmin Hukić for two more seasons. Coach Džile should follow him soon.
                      How much will he get? More then 200.000€ per season?

Comment

Yeah, but i remember him speaking about it, at least once during the season, so it was quite extrange for me that he "forgot" to mention it now.

Anyway i suppose that this will get resolved by TAU paying some money to Slovan but keeping his rights.

But i cant agree with u in the last part, i would like to see him playing in ACB, . I think he still has a great pòtential, and with minutes (as he had in Olimpija) and a coach that trusts in him and can teach him how to "control himself" in some moments of the game , he could develop in a great pg.
                        I KISS BASKET

Comment

Originally posted by Buducnost PG
                          How much will he get? More then 200.000€ per season?
                          I'm not sure, but I think more around 250.000 - 300.000€.

Originally posted by Neozyrus
                          Yeah, but i remember him speaking about it, at least once during the season, so it was quite extrange for me that he "forgot" to mention it now.

Anyway i suppose that this will get resolved by TAU paying some money to Slovan but keeping his rights.

But i cant agree with u in the last part, i would like to see him playing in ACB, . I think he still has a great pòtential, and with minutes (as he had in Olimpija) and a coach that trusts in him and can teach him how to "control himself" in some moments of the game , he could develop in a great pg.
                          Sure, but I think a year or two in Olimpija and then going to ACB would do better to his career. We can sell him to you then, as a formed player.

Comment

A friend of mine who knows someone told me that Brezec is comming to Olimpija for 1.2mill€ and that Pečečnik will be paying for it.
                            I find that hard to believe however i find it much more believable then the talks of Nesterovič coming in a few years.
                            My homage to The heroes:
                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOFlzU14Ivs

Comment

Originally posted by Alyosha12
                              A friend of mine who knows someone told me that Brezec is comming to Olimpija for 1.2mill€ and that Pečečnik will be paying for it.
                              I find that hard to believe however i find it much more believable then the talks of Nesterovič coming in a few years.
                              That would be amazing news, we would finally have a center under the rim. Last time we had a decent center was in 2000/2001 when Emilio Kovačić played in Olimpija.

Thank you Pečečnik if that's true. Those who don't know who he is... he is one of the wealthiest men in Slovenia and in last two three years he is investing in sports some huge ammounts, especially in football club Interblock. Once I remember his words that he is prepared to pay 6M$ per season to some "first class football player" when his club's new stadium will be bulit (yeah he is also building or rebuilding the fooball stadium in Ljubljana).

Still, for 1.2M€ we could get two high quality players..., anyway, that would be really something if Brezec signs with Olimpija, but still highly doubtful...let's wait and see. To be honest I don't believe anyone anything anymore (wow), it was too much nice words in last 4-5 years and nothing of that came true...
                              Last edited by elaj; 06-10-2008, 08:28 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information