Olimpija in 2008/09 season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Markoishvili
    Damjan Rudez had a great workout in Indianapolis several days ago, he could not miss a shot and described this performace "as best in his lifetime". He also performed strong couple of days later as reported by Draftexpress enchancing his chances for 2nd round selection.
    Do you may be know which team Dragic worked out for?
    I am really interested where he worked out, but i can't dig up the info.
    My homage to The heroes:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOFlzU14Ivs

Comment

Originally posted by Alyosha12
      Do you may be know which team Dragic worked out for?
      I am really interested where he worked out, but i can't dig up the info.
      Košarkar Goran Dragić se je v minulih dneh mudil v ZDA, kjer je opravil preizkus pred naborom lige NBA.

Dragič had some trainings in Phoenix and Los Angeles Lakers...
      Seems like Phoenix is very interested for him...

Comment

Originally posted by Inspector
        http://24ur.com/sport/kosarka/video-...nba-nabor.html

Dragič had some trainings in Phoenix and Los Angeles Lakers...
        Seems like Phoenix is very interested for him...

How did i manage to miss that
        Tnx for the link
        My homage to The heroes:
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOFlzU14Ivs

Comment

From an interview with Brezec (Dnevnik newspapes):

Baje ste blizu vrnitve v Union Olimpijo?

Pripravljen sem se vrniti in pogovori tečejo, imam pa tudi resno ponudbo Reala. A najprej moram počakati, kakšno bo zanimanje zame med klubi lige NBA. So pa v Tivoliju izjemno korektni. Manjka le še pika na i in verjetnost za mojo vrnitev v Olimpijo bo 90 odstotna. Džikić je pravi trener, pa tudi ekipa, ki jo imajo že zdaj, obeta. Če se vrnem in če kupijo vrhunskega organizatorja igre, kot se sliši, potem bodo vrste za karte v Tivoliju spet dolge do kioska s hamburgerji.

It seems you are prepared to return in Olimpija?

I am prepared to come back, we are negotiating, I have a serious offer from Real Madrid, but I have to wait for NBA clubs.
          In Tivoli they are really fair, there are some details to define fand my return in Olimpija will be 90%. Džikić is a great coach, the roster is promising. If I come back and they will find an excellent PG as I heard, than...

Comment

Originally posted by ArkadiosV2
            Olimpija will host a tournament in September 26-28 with the participation of Panathinaikos, Maccabi and maybe CSKA.
            Union Olimpija Ljubljana, Panathinaikos Athens, Maccabi Tel-Aviv and Fenerbahce Ulker will be the participants of this friendly tournament. CSKA decided not to come.

Comment

Vladimir Golubović finnaly signed for Olimpija! They agreed for a two years lenght deal. Theese are really good news for Olimpija!

Comment

Good. Now we have something to "work" with, to develop. Golubović (1986), Rudež (1986), Klobučar (1987) and there are also young Sirnik (1991) and Sarajlija (1991) who also possess decent level of talent.

I hope we can afford besides Golubović a decent C/PF - probably US import and one quality PG - Ilievski is rumored already for long time, but his agent said that besides Olimpija's offer he still has to solve his situation with Siena and he is also having three good offers from Spanish ACB clubs. A starting SG would also be nice, but as I said... finances...

Comment

I am just a bit dissapointed that he signed for 2 years only. In case he pans out in the first year already that might mean we'll be searching for a new center after the next season as well.
                  but anyway, so far so good. It's definately much better when you only need 2-3 more players in the beggining of August, instead of having 2 man signed only in the same period.
                  Originally posted by Jon_Koncak
                  That's funny shit.I cant believe there are sports fans thinking like it.It's like Federer losing to random Japanese player in round 1 of French Open but tournament director stepping in and saying "hey it was a fluke win who wants to watch a random Japanese guy in next round,Federer qualifies"

Comment

Scoonie Penn is also rumoured as a possible PG for the next season and IMO he would be even a better option than Ilievski...

I would also like to see Ronell Taylor back in the roster and a PF/C like Anagonye...

Comment

Scoonie Penn is also rumoured as a possible PG for the next season and IMO he would be even a better option than Ilievski...

I would also like to see Ronell Taylor back in the roster and a PF/C like Anagonye...
                      Sconnie Penn signed with BC Kiev a week ago already.

Penn was after money, that's why he decided to sign in Ukraine. I don't want such player. I believe Ilievski is much better option than him. He is connected to Slovenia via his wife who is daughter of a management guy of Olimpija (Vilfan), besides that, he has Slovenian citizenship, speaks fluent Slovenian etc. He knows what it means to play in Olimpija and he'd give his maximum every game.

Comment

Originally posted by elaj
                        Sconnie Penn signed with BC Kiev a week ago already.

Penn was after money, that's why he decided to sign in Ukraine. I don't want such player. I believe Ilievski is much better option than him. He is connected to Slovenia via his wife who is daughter of a management guy of Olimpija (Vilfan), besides that, he has Slovenian citizenship, speaks fluent Slovenian etc. He knows what it means to play in Olimpija and he'd give his maximum every game.
                        I didn't know that...

Ok, maybe you're right...

Well, now we can hope Ilievski will come to us instead in one of the Spanish clubs, although I doubt he is really that close to Olimpija as some are trying to show... As Igor Dolenc (Olimpija's GM) said, there is another PG very close to sign, but he didn't want to reveal his name...

I'm really interested in what will happen with Maurice Bailey and Mirza Begič...

Comment

I'm really interested in what will happen with Maurice Bailey and Mirza Begič...
                          As far as I know the situation, both will stay in the club because they have vaild contracts and they don't want to break them via mutual agreement. It would cost Olimpija too much to part ways with both of them one sided.

As I said, I expect another low post player, probably US import, a PG (Ilievski?) and maybe, if there will be some money left in the budget a SG.

So far, I am satisfied with the roster picks.
                          Last edited by elaj; 08-05-2008, 03:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by elaj
                            As far as I know the situation, both will stay in the club because they have vaild contracts and they don't want to break them via mutual agreement. It would cost Olimpija too much to part ways with both of them one sided.

As I said, I expect another low post player, probably US import, a PG (Ilievski?) and maybe, if there will be some money left in the budget a SG.

So far, I am satisfied with the roster picks.
                            As I noticed so far, all the new comers in Olimpija (Klobučar, Rudež, Golubovič) were rumoured already during the season, before Džikić came, so I guess their signings weren't influenced by him...

I think it's time to sign also someone from his "list"... probably an US guy...

Comment

Šport: najbolj sveže in aktualne športne novice, videovsebine, reportaže, spremljanje tekem in rezultati v živo, lestvice, komentarji, intervjuji s športniki, rekreacija na najbolj športni strani v Sloveniji.

Another very good news for Olimpija - Ilievski is very close to sign...

Afterthat they will start looking for an excellent SG!

As Dolenc (Olimpija's GM) mentioned, there are several quality players who are offering themselves to Olimpija which indicate the club is acquiring back trust and respect after a very obscure period...

I can't believe, things are really turning good...

Comment

after the last 5-6 years... yeah... things turning out for the better and things actualy running "normal" in the offseason seems as a fairytale... hard to believe it's true.
                                Being a cynic I have to add that things did look bright occasionaly in that period and got ruined later on during the season, but looking at all of this now... this season might actually work. And after all Olimpija's fans have been through in the last few years, nothing can harm us really.

Lookin forward to that SG they're talking about. Considering they're all emntioning the word "quality" I'd expect a SG in the range somewhere between 200-300.000 € and you can get a really decent NCAA player for that ammount...

Penn was practicaly an option every season since he played for Trieste in it's last LegaUno season and caught Sagadin's eye back than. I prefer getting a fresh player instead, someone out of NCAA or some talented european SG.
                                Originally posted by Jon_Koncak
                                That's funny shit.I cant believe there are sports fans thinking like it.It's like Federer losing to random Japanese player in round 1 of French Open but tournament director stepping in and saying "hey it was a fluke win who wants to watch a random Japanese guy in next round,Federer qualifies"

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information