Olimpija in 2008/09 season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RuleBook
    So it looks like Olimpija is in 9th right now in Adriatic League. I know that apparently this is a poor position but it also looks like they are still in the range where they could put together some wins and regain position.

Will Jurković be a significant factor in getting better?

What do you think the major structural changes will/should be?

edit: also it looks like some tough luck---in their recent 4 game losing streak, 3 of the games have been by 5 pts or less
    Jonathan Wallace was fired on Friday, I guess you won't be supporting Olimpija anymore. Yea, club is in big shit at the moment, we will see what will happen in next games, this can't go on for long.

Comment

• Jurkovič's best period is almost a decade away... he is just a temporary solution.

The good news is that Mirza Begić supposedly prolongued his contract for two more years at least one great news after all those stuff lately...
      Originally posted by Jon_Koncak
      That's funny shit.I cant believe there are sports fans thinking like it.It's like Federer losing to random Japanese player in round 1 of French Open but tournament director stepping in and saying "hey it was a fluke win who wants to watch a random Japanese guy in next round,Federer qualifies"

Comment

• Originally posted by Joško Poljak Fan
        The good news is that Mirza Begić supposedly prolongued his contract for two more years at least one great news after all those stuff lately...
        The best thing to do really. Heard some Euro sharks wanted him, but I think he should stay in Olimpija some more time and develope his skills properly with lots of playing time and helping the team. The sharks later.
        Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht
        Artificial Nature

Comment

• Interview with Wallace, presumably before he was released:

Originally posted by Fedfan
          Most ppl get childish when they lose.
          Originally posted by GuTO
          refs in games of Spain walks with literally poop in his pants afraid of the Spanish players

Comment

• Originally posted by elaj
            Jonathan Wallace was fired on Friday, I guess you won't be supporting Olimpija anymore. Yea, club is in big shit at the moment, we will see what will happen in next games, this can't go on for long.
            nah..it's been interesting following Olimpija so I'll keep track of them---i don't know who i'll root for if Wallace goes to a team that play them at some point

and from the article from the hoya what does 'Picamache' mean?

Comment

• Originally posted by RuleBook
              nah..it's been interesting following Olimpija so I'll keep track of them---i don't know who i'll root for if Wallace goes to a team that play them at some point

and from the article from the hoya what does 'Picamache' mean?
              I think he ment pi**mater which means mofo, but the long version
              My homage to The heroes:
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOFlzU14Ivs

Comment

• I've had it...
                last night was a disgrace! Hats off to Spanish team, but I am sick of watching our team "participate"! for so many years now!
                Every single player of Juventut was better than our best...
                It could easily went to 40 + if you ask me. Đikić is not responsible if he has players that are absolutely clueless and were dumped by other teams. Last year Dragic was the ONLY reason for selling season tickets ,why no one sees that?
                As long as all of our "capable" players will be playing for $$$ in foreign and American clubs it will be the same story all over again. Europe needs a salary cap and drafting system. Otherwise we (small countries ) are history. Sponsors are losing interest, 1/2 of the country cannot even SEE games on tv...
                Olimpija leaders are f. crazy...you must just turn on common sense...
                OK first you must have one!

It's a shame because I LOVE basketball...but
                BB haters are taking over here - no doubt

I am going back to watch the only real game (NCAA) now...

let me know when and if the things change...
                goodbye

Comment

• Union Olimpija sacked coach Aleksandar Džikić. New coach should be announced on Monday. According to rumors main candidats are Memi Bečirovič and Jure Zdovc. In my opinion new coach will be Zdovc.

Vice-president Peter Vilfan, who was responsible for bringing Džikić to Olimpija also stepped down from his position.

Comment

• Wow the Slovenian basketball federation lobby is stronger then i thought.
                    My homage to The heroes:
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOFlzU14Ivs

Comment

• well, I am kind of used to all that
                      the only surprise that can happen is one coach lasting for more than 9 months

Džikić was saying that he definately wouldn't choose one player again if he had the chance, any idea who might that be?

anyway... I would hate to see Martič as a head coach, as far as Zdovc, Mahorič, Okorn I'd be willing to give them a shot, no matter all that shit the first two keep getting on their heads. Since I haven't yet bought Olimpija, I guess I'll just have to get along with any coach they choose... still bleeding green, dammit, eventhough there isn't much blood left in circulation since the past few seasons...
                      Originally posted by Jon_Koncak
                      That's funny shit.I cant believe there are sports fans thinking like it.It's like Federer losing to random Japanese player in round 1 of French Open but tournament director stepping in and saying "hey it was a fluke win who wants to watch a random Japanese guy in next round,Federer qualifies"

Comment

• Originally posted by Joško Poljak Fan
                        well, I am kind of used to all that
                        the only surprise that can happen is one coach lasting for more than 9 months

Džikić was saying that he definately wouldn't choose one player again if he had the chance, any idea who might that be?

anyway... I would hate to see Martič as a head coach, as far as Zdovc, Mahorič, Okorn I'd be willing to give them a shot, no matter all that shit the first two keep getting on their heads. Since I haven't yet bought Olimpija, I guess I'll just have to get along with any coach they choose... still bleeding green, dammit, eventhough there isn't much blood left in circulation since the past few seasons...
                        Okorn is currently in Slupsk .
                        Why you should going out to get a hamburger, if you can get steak at home?

Comment

• Originally posted by woma
                          Okorn is currently in Slupsk .
                          It doesn't really matter... he can break the contract as I heard, and he is willing to do it, if management of Olimpija will pick him. He has the best chances besides Zdovc and Bečirovič because our president and director are both close friends of him from his time in Škofja Loka.

I would wait with current coaching staff till end of season and then hire Filipovski or sign Zdovc now and work with him in the long run.
                          Last edited by elaj; 12-07-2008, 04:12 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X

Debug Information