No announcement yet.

Germany NT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No one knows about Kaman. I expect he will join the team shortly before the qualifying tournament starts.
    Here's the news about him in german: http://crossover-online.de/news/FIBA/x_4453.html

Nowitzki had an off night but it's always like that at the beginning of the summer.
    "It's not about four guys working to get one player open and give the ball to him."- Ettore Messina

Sanchez, Ginobili, Basile, Kukoc, Sabonis

Comment

Originally posted by DanMajerle
      I'd like to see Ohlbrecht in the team, but it will be hard for him with Dirk/Kaman/Femerling/Jagla in the rotation.
      Ohlbrecht needs to be in the roster to gain experience. He is a really decent prospect. I hope Bauermann will give him the chance.

Comment

Well, that's one point why I'm against Kaman. Ohlbrecht/Jagla/Dirk/Femerling is a decent frontcourt and it would give Ohlbrecht playing time. He's really athletic and is helpful with his blocking ability and offense rebounding. He missed to learn some offense moves though in the last years.
        "It's not about four guys working to get one player open and give the ball to him."- Ettore Messina

Comment

Nice to see all the new faces and new jerseys for german NT. Feels kind of "fresh".
          Yeah. But there is still Hamman in starting five. Noone knows why... Noone (especially Bauermann) see that everything good for german NT happens, when he is not on the court. For example Eurobasket 2005...

Herber
          That's a big loose

Originally posted by rikhardur
          FT: Germany 76 Poland 62
          (Nowitzki 18 pts + 9 rebs | Dylewicz 14 pts + 6 rebs)

It's incredible how good Wojcik is at 37...
          Wójcik 18 pts, a he is 38 now [You're right, thanks. That makes him the top scorer for Poland, corrected rikhardur]

And BTW - Kaman have been (for a moment) one of the foreign candidates for polish NT. Now we'll choose between Dan Dickau and Chris Thomas.

Oh, and just one thing - german referees and no-touch-fouls on Dirk - just great...
          Last edited by rikhardur; 06-28-2008, 10:40 PM.

Comment

Box Score
            Attached Files

Comment

Some thoughts:

- Quite an awful game to watch, especially in the first half. But then, this was exactly what I expected for the first preperation game after training camp.

- DanMajerle nailed it: Dirk had an off night as he always has at the beginning of the summer. And still comes up with 18/9. I'm terribly afraid of post Nowitzki era.

- Robert Garrett doesn't wear a 4-men-tent with the number 7 anymore. He rather looks kinda buff. This would be a good thing, but with him and Hamann on the court, we need 60 seconds on the shot clock.

- The minutes Zwiener got in Berlin after the release of Thompson seem to have bolstered his confidence. I hope he'll get his fair share of playing time next season, when ALBA plays EL again.

- I really like Wysocki. He's a high energy, no nonsense guy. I want him in Athens.

- I don't want Kaman. Bauermann should trust Ohlbrecht. He's the best prospect Germany had in years and already plays a solid defense. Tim needs the experience (and some moves on offense).

- The mixture of veterans and newcomers worked pretty well, better then the old men connection.

- Wojcik is an oooold man. But, boy, he can still play

- Any alchemist, magicians, shamans or molecular biologists reading this? I want Roller's abilities transfered into Hamann's body. Please!
              Only Boris can judge me.

Comment

Originally posted by uhg80
                - I really like Wysocki. He's a high energy, no nonsense guy. I want him in Athens.
                I liked him too. Had never seen him play before, but from what I saw he has a big heart and is full of energy as you say.
                Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht
                Artificial Nature

Comment

Germany leading Poland 49-30 at halftime. Nowitzki 19 Pts. with a good FG%, Ohlbrecht with two hammering dunks.

Comment

Germany leading Poland 49-30 at halftime. Nowitzki 19 Pts. with a good FG%, Ohlbrecht with two hammering dunks.
                    Didn't know there was another game today and it looks like yesterday's link isn't working... Live score available here though.
                    Artificial Nature

Comment

Germany beats Poland 92-70. Nowitzki hardly played in the second half, Ohlbrecht had several alley-oops in the second half, spectacular.

Comment

Germany beats Poland 92-70. Nowitzki hardly played in the second half, Ohlbrecht had several alley-oops in the second half, spectacular.
                        Boxscore

Could Ohlbrecht pass Femerling for the C position? (I'm inclined to say yes).
                        Artificial Nature

Comment

No, I don't think so. Femerling is the team captain and stil good on defense. But Ohlbrecht can also play PF. He's kind of a special task player with his athleticism.

Comment

I don't think Ohlbrecht will take Femerlings place in the S5 - it'll be Chris Kaman, who has just received his german passport and is ready to join the NT.

He's already allowed to play in international games for the NT, 'cause the nescessary papaerwork has already been taken care of before he received the passport today in L.A.

Comment

Yeah, it's official:Kaman is now german citizen and cleared to play for the german NT, though I don't expect him to play this weekend, as it's take hm some days to come over etc...

Comment

The federation has done outstanding work developing youth players over the years. Especially those born '82 have to be described as the new golden generation in German basketball. Sensley, Kaman ... big props to our youth system. Next '82 born player coming through the ranks is a very promising youngster with the name Travis Diener.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information