2008.7.19 Germany 70 Croatia 76
    2008.7.20 Germany 96 Puerto Rico 82

29th Olympic Games

2008.8.10 Germany 95 Angola 66
    2008.8.12 Germany 64 Greece 87
    2008.8.14 Germany 59 Spain 72
    2008.8.16 Germany 55 China 59
    2008.8.18 Germany 57 USA 106
    Last edited by Kings; 08-10-2014, 08:57 AM.

germany has got this secured, ITS THE BIG GERMAN!
    "A nationality that easily feels wronged is an insecure one, and one that will be difficult to progress."-Anonymous

Comment

Today Head Coach Dirk Bauermann extended his contract with the NT for five years and quit his coaching job in Bamberg to work full time for the NT.
      Altough he might be a good tournament (motivation) coach, I don't think it's a good solution for the future as his views on basketball are somewhat old-fashioned compared to today's successful modern spanish/argentinian philosophies for instance and he's not the best at working with young players.
      "It's not about four guys working to get one player open and give the ball to him."- Ettore Messina

Sanchez, Ginobili, Basile, Kukoc, Sabonis

Comment

care to enlighten. is he like a jeff vangundy old fashion coach or jerry sloan where its make or break and if you are young you are viewed as riding the bench until youve seen a few yrs of playing time

Originally posted by DanMajerle
        Altough he might be a good tournament (motivation) coach, I don't think it's a good solution for the future as his views on basketball are somewhat old-fashioned compared to today's successful modern spanish/argentinian philosophies for instance and he's not the best at working with young players.
        "A nationality that easily feels wronged is an insecure one, and one that will be difficult to progress."-Anonymous

Comment

Originally posted by DanMajerle
          Today Head Coach Dirk Bauermann extended his contract with the NT for five years and quit his coaching job in Bamberg to work full time for the NT.
          Yes, that's pretty much my opinion too. I hope everything works fine, but there's always the chance of a sack
          Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht
          Artificial Nature

Comment

The german 19-men roster was announced today:

Steffen Hamann - PG/1.94m/1981 (Brose Baskets Bamberg)
            Pascal Roller - PG/1.80m/1976 (DB Skyliners Frankfurt)
            Mithat Demirel - PG/1.85m/1978 (Brose Baskets Bamberg)
            Gordon Geib - PG/1.80m/1983 (Bayer Giants Leverkusen)
            Dominik Bahiense de Mello - PG/SG/1.90m/1985 (DB Skyliners Frankfurt)
            Demond Greene - SG/1.85m/1979 (Brose Baskets Bamberg)
            Robert Garrett - SG/1.92m/1977 (Brose Baskets Bamberg)
            Johannes Herber - SG/SF/1.97m/1983 (ALBA Berlin)
            Philip Zwiener - SF/2.01m/1985 (ALBA Berlin)
            Ademola Okulaja - SF/PF/2.06m/1975 (Brose Baskets Bamberg)
            Konrad Wysocki - SF/PF/2.02m/1982 (ratiopharm Ulm)
            Julian Sensley - SF/PF/2.06m/1982 (Colorado 14ers)
            Dirk Nowitzki - PF/2.13m/1978 (Dallas Mavericks)
            Jan-Hendrik Jagla - PF/2.13m/1981 (Joventut Badalona)
            Sven Schultze - PF/2.08m/1978 (Snaidero Udine)
            Guido Grünheid - PF/2.06m/1982 (Hanzevast Capital Groningen)
            Yassin Idbihi - PF/2.08m/1983 (Cologne 99ers)
            Patrick Femerling - C/2.15m/1975 (ALBA Berlin)
            Tim Ohlbrecht - C/2.10m/1988 (Brose Baskets Bamberg)

Comment

Nice to see Wysocki getting rewarded for a very good season. Good that Ohlbrecht, Idbihi, de Mello, Geib and Zwiener are in there. I'm rather pessimistic about their chances of making the final roster though. Sensley I don't understand at all. Others (Demirel?) clearly don't deserve it as for their performances throughout the season, but I never expected Bauermann to break up his core. Demirel etc. have been part of the team for years. I'm actually surprised Stephen Arigbabu isn't in there.

Imo it will look as follows:
              PG Steffen Hamann - PG Pascal Roller - PG Mithat Demirel
              SG Demond Greene - SG/SF Robert Garrett
              SF/PF Ademola Okulaja - SG/SF Johannes Herber - SF Konrad Wysocki
              PF Dirk Nowitzki - PF Sven Schultze
              C Patrick Femerling - PF Jan-Hendrik Jagla

Maybe another player instead of Wysocki on the 12th roster spot. This is basically the Spain '07 roster. Don't confuse this roster with my own personal wishlist, it's just how I think Bauermann will do it. We also have to wait and see what happens with Kaman. We've had differents statements lately. There should be a result of the talks soon.

Germany has a rather easy qualifying round (but don't take anything for granted there, this team won't dominate anyone, they just grind out results), but after that, either Brazil or Greece wait. I'm not sold on Brazil, a squad loaded with talent, but they've yet to produce. We shouldn't be able to beat Greece in Athens usually, but on the other hand they have their own problems and let's see in what kind of state they show up in Athens.

I'm totally unemotional about this team I must admit, as they don't play the basketball I like. That has nothing to do with being defensive-minded, which I like, it's that philosophy to simply put the ball into Dirks hands and wait and see what he does. Uninspirational, non-creative basketball. Another reason is the federations approach towards the NT roster, "signing" US-players doesn't do it for me, and that has nothing to do with them not being "German" (this is a wide term anyway, and I have no problems at all with all the black players and other players with foreign roots on the roster), it just totally defeats the purpose of a national team, if you decide to naturalise a few foreign players to have a bit of success in the short-term. I've always defended the national team against unfounded attacks towards Okulaja, Garrett etc., but this is where it stops. A third and no less important point is the fact that a well-known BBL club manager got offered a contract by the federation. Someone who has proven over the years by some very, very questionable statements which haven't all seen public daylight and I cannot explain further in an open forum, that he is an absolute no-go for the official federation of a country (and any other country too of course) that has - to understate a bit - a history with certain problems. The federation can do whatever it wants. They obviously don't know what they're doing.

Comment

Yeah the team generally looks unchanged (and old). I also don't get why Sensley is there, I guess it became clear he's not up to the standards. Also Okulaja had a subpar season right? It would be nice if Ohlbrecht could make the final roster, it's time for this kid to break loose. I actually don't know any of the new incorporations, but it looks like the NT renovation is not there yet. Well, at some point Bauermann will have to do it in the upcoming years, unless he's kicked.
                How about Kaman? How's his naturalisation process?
                Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht
                Artificial Nature

Comment

hello.someone know where buy the jersey of german´s team?thanks

Comment

Here is the main place to buy all the DBB stuff. I don't know how much those things usually cost. But 59 Euros for the jersey and 39 for the shorts? Damn ...

If you need help with the language, feel free to ask via PM.

Comment

06/30/08 Germany - Poland, Berlin - Max-Schmeling-Halle

I´m desperately looking for any kind of Polish fan organization in Germany whose members are going to accompany each other for the match in Berlin.
                      I´ve already asked the Polish basketball association if they´ve got a connection to Polish fanclubs in Germany, but I have not received an answer yet.
                      Could anyone help me to find out how the Polish fans are going to organize on 30.06.08?

Thank you very much!

bass

Comment

As DBB head Ingo Weiss confirmed, the naturalisation procedure for Chris Kaman is in full swing and it is now up to the department of the interior to decide.

Comment

So Kaman might come over. There's currently a big discussion in Germany about this. I'm really interested in what people from other countries think. Is this the right thing to do? No diplomacy please, say what you think.

Beware: This is not about German demography (which is multicultural, multiethnical), hence not about the Okulajas and Demirels. It's about "signing" high-calibre players to improve the national team in the short term. Like Kaman, or earlier in Germany, Shawn Bradley. People that are exclusively naturalised in order to improve the basketball team in the short term future.

Comment

I am not exactly in favour of that... but afterall Slovenia got Arriel McDonald playing for us in the past, while Čapin/Preldžić are also considered as naturalised right now, so I guess I'll be just quiet...

it's on Fiba to change that. I understand it was meant as a good thing trying to give some quality aditions to the low level NT's and consequently increasing the interest for some national teams, but in the end it's the top teams that are abusing that.
                            Still NT's without naturalised players such as Lithuania, Croatia, Serbia, France or others get more respect because of it from my part...
                            Originally posted by Jon_Koncak
                            That's funny shit.I cant believe there are sports fans thinking like it.It's like Federer losing to random Japanese player in round 1 of French Open but tournament director stepping in and saying "hey it was a fluke win who wants to watch a random Japanese guy in next round,Federer qualifies"

Comment

Originally posted by Joško Poljak Fan
                              I am not exactly in favour of that... but afterall Slovenia got Arriel McDonald playing for us in the past, while Čapin/Preldžić are also considered as naturalised right now, so I guess I'll be just quiet...
                              What's the background on Capin and Preldzic? I mean, I'm sure those two cases differ from Kaman's.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information