No announcement yet.

Germany NT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great news that Kaman is going to play in Athens and hopefully China! I can't understand people, who believe that a move like this is harming the the development of young talents - the opposite is true! Success of the NT (and chances are rising with Kaman aboard) increases interest in basketball in our country. Does the nomination of Kaman do bad to the development of any young talent in ouir country? Not really!! With Kaman, we have a chance to make it to the Olympics, and I can't see anything bad about that.
    Welcome Chris!!!

Comment

I don't quite see what difference the NTs success in the early 2000s has made. I didn't witness any media frenzy, nor significant development of any other sorts. Maybe it is still to early to draw final conclusions, but I seriously doubt that the earlier successes have changed anything.

And anyway, people act as if we have chances to make the semifinals in that tournament. That must be a joke. There is no quality at all on positions 1-3. 4,5 is good, but not outstanding in international comparison. Furthermore, the Olympic basketball tournament is more or less a sidenote in German media. There are other priorities obviously. Let's say we go out in the quarter finals, which is realistic. Effect? Zero. Zero ... exactly the number of minutes Tim Ohlbrecht will see this summer. If he even makes the squad behind Kaman, Femerling, Dirk and Jagla.

As for the youth development case, it is not just Kaman. The federation has been doing it all the time. Shawn Bradley, Julian Sensley, Chris Kaman ... Kaman is not just a single exception. The federation has been doing this for years, that is the problem. On the other hand, they didn't show any interest in '89 born youngster Fernando Raposo, who lived the first 13 years of his life in Stuttgart and had the privilege to be able to choose between three different countries. People from the federation didn't contact him once, even if they had every right to do so. These things I don't understand.

On a sidenote, I don't like how national teams are starting to be constructed like club teams. That has nothing to do with patriotism, I actually don't care at all which name of a country they write into my passport. But what is the point of playing national team games, if players are brought in from the outside all the time?

Comment

We will play without 6 player vs Germany and Grecce. That player's are Carlos Arroyo, Dani Santiago, JJ Barea, Carmelo Lee, Angelo Reyes and Larry Ayuso.
        Originally Posted by -K2- View Post
        16 free throws in the last 4 minutes...
        Puerto Rico had 20 the whole game

Seriosuly... someone quote this whole post and signature me... Greek Loby Rulz
        8/29/2010...THE DAY WE GOT ROBBED!

Comment

heres an insight from espn, albeit short about kaman

http://myespn.go.com/s/conversations/show/story/3472026

Kaman, now a German citizen, to play for new country

Associated Press

Updated: July 3, 2008, 9:55 AM ETFRANKFURT, Germany -- Los Angeles Clippers center Chris Kaman has received German citizenship and will team up with Dirk Nowitzki for Germany at an Olympic qualifying tournament later this month.
          Does it bother you that Chris Kaman will play for Germany?
          YesNo Kaman, whose great-grandparents were German, averaged 15.7 points and 12.7 rebounds last season with the Clippers.
          The 7-foot Kaman will add size to a German team seeking to qualify for its first Olympics since the 1992 Barcelona Games.
          "We'll be stronger under the baskets with Chris," Nowitzki said Thursday.
          The German team is practicing at home for a warmup tournament before it travels to Greece for the July 14-20 qualifying event in Athens.
          "Chris is a significant addition and we'll now have to integrate him in time for the Athens tournament," coach Dirk Bauermann said.
          Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press

on a side note, can kaman even speak german?
          "A nationality that easily feels wronged is an insecure one, and one that will be difficult to progress."-Anonymous

Comment

Why Kaman will play in German NT? I mean he could simply spent his sumer somewhere in the beach instead of playing basketball during the holidays. He probably never were at Germany and don't speak German, but he's still going to play. Lots of players refuses to play for their real countries...

Comment

Chris Kaman will be a great addition to the German National Team.
              His play has significantly improved over the last few years with the Clippers especially when they made it to the playoffs a few years ago.
              The only problem is that will the captain of the German Team Femerling be happy to give his place to Kaman and start of the bench if asked to do so? The guy has been with the team for quite a while and for Kaman to just come and replace him doesn't seem fair or right.

Comment

I don't think there will be a problem, Femerling will be happy he doesn't have to play that much with all the injuries he had. I think it will be 50/50 between Kaman's and Femerlings playing time.
                "It's not about four guys working to get one player open and give the ball to him."- Ettore Messina

Sanchez, Ginobili, Basile, Kukoc, Sabonis

Comment

Originally posted by Basket_
                  Why Kaman will play in German NT? I mean he could simply spent his sumer somewhere in the beach instead of playing basketball during the holidays
                  His holidays already lasts for a few months, so why not to play, if he has got chance like that? He also needs to prepare for NBA season and should come to pre-season's camp already in-form and ready to play. So probably he believes that Germany will play in Beijing and there is one of the reasons why he decided to play for Germany NT
                  Also we cannot take into account, that maybe he is one of the bball players, for whom Olympics are their dream

Comment

The assistant coach mentioned in an interview that was given during the SuperCup game Greece/Slovenia that it is not clear at the moment if the Clippers will allow Kaman to play for Germany. He said that they do all plans with the roster they have at the moment.
                    You live with the Freak you die with the Freak!!!

Comment

Originally posted by fasoulaki
                      The assistant coach mentioned in an interview that was given during the SuperCup game Greece/Slovenia that it is not clear at the moment if the Clippers will allow Kaman to play for Germany. He said that they do all plans with the roster they have at the moment.
                      Thats just a smokescreen IMO.
                      My homage to The heroes:
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOFlzU14Ivs

Comment

Ademola Okulaja is out of the NT for the summer. Bad for him, not a bad loss for the team imo. Okulaja has been the underachiever of the season in the BBL and is far away from being the player he once was.

My selection would be ...

PG Pascal Roller: Complements the frontcourt very well imo, due to his good outside shooting.
                        PG Steffen Hamann: Relatively big, aggressive PG who can defend the 2 spot also. I'd like to see Hamann play alongside Roller for a few minutes, as there's no quality behind Greene on the SG position. His biggest weakness is traditionally the lack of a reliable three pointer.
                        PG Gordon Geib: Third PG is a must on this team, which lacks good ballhandlers. Geib is nothing special, but he plays hard.
                        SG Demond Greene: A shooter on the one end, stopper on the other end. Will guard the opponent's best perimeter player. Lacks creativity, but he maybe wouldn't be asked to do much anyway, as a lot of the play will run through the big men.
                        SG Robert Garrett: Makes good jokes. Close friend of Dirk.
                        SF Konrad Wysocki: One of the positive surprises of the preparation so far. High-energy type of player. Not the best defensively, but finds good solutions on offense, even when he's not scoring. Has no experience whatsoever on this level, but he should start.
                        SF Philipp Zwiener: Still commits a lot of mistakes on both ends of the floor, but he tries to take it to the hole a lot and always gives 100 percent. He deserves it.
                        PF Dirk Nowitzki: Not much to say about. Might even see some minutes on the SF spot, given the big man rotation and the lack of quality on 2-3.
                        PF Jan Hendrik-Jagla: Still has a lot of flaws in his game imo, Joventut system did its best to hide them. But still high energy, much better when driving to the hoop opposed to where he was a couple of years ago.
                        C Chris Kaman: The X-Factor. Probably one of the Top5 NBA centers. But he has to adjust to international play. And, most importantly, he's not here yet.
                        C Patrick Femerling: A seasoned veteran, who has been brawling with the best big men in European basketball. Even if he's not a fan favourite, his defense and experience are still very much needed. No way you can leave this guy at home.
                        C Tim Ohlbrecht: Alongside Wysocki and Zwiener, brings some much needed fresh air into this team. Very good athlete, knows how to finish above the rim. Not a very smart player, has yet to learn how to react to certain things. Born '88, he's without doubt the best prospect for years in German basketball. I hope he has the mindset to work hard and improve his game. Would probably have played a big role already, if it weren't for the inclusion of Kaman.

Comment

Originally posted by PRSURF
                          We will play without 6 player vs Germany and Grecce. That player's are Carlos Arroyo, Dani Santiago, JJ Barea, Carmelo Lee, Angelo Reyes and Larry Ayuso.
                          Upss, we win hahaha
                          Originally Posted by -K2- View Post
                          16 free throws in the last 4 minutes...
                          Puerto Rico had 20 the whole game

Seriosuly... someone quote this whole post and signature me... Greek Loby Rulz
                          8/29/2010...THE DAY WE GOT ROBBED!

Comment

Originally posted by PRSURF
                            Upss, we win hahaha
                            sigpic

Comment

Bauermann cut Grünheid and Rössler.
                              Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht
                              Artificial Nature

Comment

Kaman arrived yesterday and will most likely give his debut on Friday vs Canada.

"It's not about four guys working to get one player open and give the ball to him."- Ettore Messina

Sanchez, Ginobili, Basile, Kukoc, Sabonis

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information