• Show
Clear All

• News from Canadian roster ?

Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by CriCri View Post
      News from Canadian roster ?

Thanks
      Unfortunately the two best Canadians; Nash and Dalembert both hate the head coach Leo Rautins. If I had to guess, it may look something like this:

PG: Jermaine Anderson, Corey Joseph, Myck Kabongo
      SG: Andy Rautins, Carl English, Denham Brown
      SF: Olu Famutimi, Kris Joseph, Jevohn Shepherd
      PF: Tristan Thompson, Levon Kendall, Andrew Nicholson
      C: Joel Anthony, Rob Sacre, Kelly Olynyk
      Like Weird Al? You'll love Bobio: http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...obiolover&aq=f

Comment

• Originally posted by thespywhozaggedme View Post
        Unfortunately the two best Canadians; Nash and Dalembert both hate the head coach Leo Rautins. If I had to guess, it may look something like this:

PG: Jermaine Anderson, Corey Joseph, Myck Kabongo
        SG: Andy Rautins, Carl English, Denham Brown
        SF: Olu Famutimi, Kris Joseph, Jevohn Shepherd
        PF: Tristan Thompson, Levon Kendall, Andrew Nicholson
        C: Joel Anthony, Rob Sacre, Kelly Olynyk
        Tristan Thompson starting at PF? Do you think he's that good? I'm not so sure. I'm a big Cavs fan, so I hope that's not just wishful thinking.

Remind me why Nash doesn't like Rautins. I seem to remember reading that a few years ago, but I don't remember anything about it. For my money, Nash should "suck it up" and play.
        "I really like the attitudes of eagles. They never give up. When they grab a fish or something else, they never let it go. It doesn't matter. In a book, they write they find a skeleton of [an] eagle and there is no fish. It means that the fish beat him and killed him, but he didn't let go." -- Donatas Motiejunas

Comment

• Originally posted by mvblair View Post
          Remind me why Nash doesn't like Rautins. I seem to remember reading that a few years ago, but I don't remember anything about it. For my money, Nash should "suck it up" and play.
          I don't think he has anything personal against Rautins (other than being a bad coach), but he was close with Triano and hasn't played for Canada since they changed coaches.

His NBA career took off after he stopped playing for Canada, so you'd have to say he made a good decision.

It's a mystery why Rautins is still the coach. Maybe they don't have enough money to hire someone else.
          Originally posted by Fedfan
          Most ppl get childish when they lose.
          Originally posted by GuTO
          refs in games of Spain walks with literally poop in his pants afraid of the Spanish players

Comment

• Originally posted by mvblair View Post
            Tristan Thompson starting at PF? Do you think he's that good? I'm not so sure. I'm a big Cavs fan, so I hope that's not just wishful thinking.

TT was the # 4 pick in the draft, I hope that he's good enough to start over a Euroleague journeyman and a college senior. lol As for Nash, he was really close to Triano and when Basketball Canada fired him in favor of Rautins, Nash was pissed and pretty much vowed to never play for the team again.
            Like Weird Al? You'll love Bobio: http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...obiolover&aq=f

Comment

• The training camp roster has just been announced:

This is merely a training camp roster and there are a ton of new names, sadly most of them flat out suck. There are now seven Canadians in the NBA and 2, yes 2, chose to play for their country. You know what that tells me; there's a management problem. What is the point of having Leo as the coach when he's alienating all of the best players? Canada has now become the Clippers of national basketball teams. There are so many terrible players on that list, it's awful; honestly. Not to mention the three best Canadians in the NCAA; Sacre, Kris Joseph and Nichsolson aren't even on the team. What happened to Rob, he played for Canada last year in the Worlds?

On a side note Nemanja Mitrovic is a ridonkulous shooter; poor mans Canadian Jimmer. Of course he most likely won't make the team. Aaron Doornekamp looked terrified last year playing in the worlds, Jeffery Ferguson, yuck. Antwi Atuhane, the guy averaged like 3 ppg at Arizona State before being relegated to the bench, and that was four years ago. Vanderbeken's okay; a poor mans Bargs, a big that hates to bang.

This team sucks. God bless Joel Anthony, he must truly love his country.

Comment

• This is a strange training camp roster, lots of unproven players. Brady Heslip has yet to play an NCAA season, he redshirted 2 yrs. I've never heard of Jeffery Ferguson. I think Mitrovic has the potential to be a solid role player for the team but I doubt he makes over the other more experienced guards. I think Tyler Kepkay and Olu Famitimi deserve to be there as does Juan Mendez who has fallen of the National Team's radar the last few years.

In addition I would have liked to have seen some of the following young guys
                Andrew Nicholson
                Dwight Powell
                Olu Ashalou
                Tyler Murray
                Myck Kabongo

The good news is that Cory Joseph should join the training camp soon
                http://blog.rogersbroadcasting.com/e...st-for-canada/

Comment

• 2011 Canada Senior Men's National Basketball Team Schedule

Training Camp: Ryerson University, Toronto
                  July 15 – 23

European Tour: France, Italy, Czech Republic
                  July 24 – August 5

Training Camp: Ryerson University, Toronto
                  August 12 – 20

Tuto Marchand Cup: Foz do Iguaçu, Brazil
                  August 24 – 26

FIBA Americas Championship: Mar Del Plata, Argentina
                  August 30 – September 1
                  Sacramento Kings
                  HERE WE STAY UNTIL THE COWBELLS COME HOME

Comment

• If I understood the article, Anthony will not be in France for friendly games ?

Someone can confirm this, thanks

Comment

• LA Times interview with Leo Rautins
                      Sacramento Kings
                      HERE WE STAY UNTIL THE COWBELLS COME HOME

Comment

• Why leo rautins is still coaching team canada? seriously...
                        sigpic

Comment

• Canadian basketball hits a low point

The European tour for team Canada has been a disaster. Canada lost by 62 points to France, lost to them again in a second game and lost 79-72 to Bulgaria. I can't remember a time since I have been following Canadian basketball that we have had such poor results. I think it's really time to fire Leo and go with another coach. The best I can hope for is that Canada can qualify for the additional Olympic qualifying tournament and next year we over haul the team with a new coach.

Comment

• Ajax,

You´re right. But I remember that Canada NT was this terrible before the FIBA Americas 2009, but then they just played a competive tournament.

Comment

• Under Rautins the team has constantly under performed. In the 2009 FIBA Americas we came 4th which is a respectable finish but far from our potential considering the talent level this country has produced recently. In 2007 we placed 5th which is average but did not get us an invitation to the Olympics. In 2005 we placed 9th which must be our lowest ever showing. I wouldn't say the national team has always been terrible but it has been very average and less competitive than it should be. Under Jay Triano the Canadian National team had much better showings in tournaments.

Maybe one day we can witness this roster

Joel Anthony/ Robert Sacre/ Andrew Nicholson
                              Tristan Thompson/ Matt Bonner/ Kelly Olynk
                              Kris Joseph/ Olu Famitimi
                              Andy Rautins/ Carl English
                              Steve Nash/ Corey Joseph

For now I can only dream lol

Comment

• I seriously doubt you'll see Nash play for Canada again. He's only got a couple more years until he retires I think.

There are some promising prospects on the horizon:
                                Dwight Powell (Stanford U) currently ranked 4th on nbadraft.net's 2013 mock
                                Myck Kabongo (Texas) currently ranked 9th on nbadraft.net's 2012 mock

Others still in high school:
                                Anthony Bennett
                                Dyshawn Pierre
                                Sim Bhullar and more

Things will get better.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information