Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We should really scout USA Lithuanians heavily. There really might be some gems that we might attract to the NT system. Federation heading the right direction, but each month I see in twitter new Lithuanian standouts.

How about seeing Castillo name in Lithuanian NT? Rokas and Matas Castillo twins are 2 years away from NCAA guards who are standing out. As I understood they are half Lithuanians:

Twin brothers Rokas and Matas Castillo have a simple approach to having success as a junior guard combination for Lemont. Whoever has the hot hand shoots the ball and the other one passes it to him…

While Nojus Indrusaitis seems to be really standing out kid, holds an offer from Illinoi and interest of many other. Seems to be very offensively gifted:

Nojus Indrusaitis is a sophomore who played in just his 22nd high school game for Lemont following a freshman season shortened by the coronavirus pandemic. But the 6-foot-4 forward is already …

LTU NT will snatch Eurobasket 2029 title with this roster:

Jokubaitis, Marciulionis, Laurencikas
    Indrusaitis, Brazdeikis, Rubstavicius
    Buzelis, Lelevicius
    Murauskas, Sirvydis
    Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

• Simas Lukosius with a big clutch game. He can really be a nice tough SG for us. Goes to the cup hard, very mobile for his beefy ass, moves players (again, a little bit like Luka) in the paint to create space. Nice soft touch from three. And he's a trick passer. Hope he chooses Lithuania cause his upside is much bigger than say Grigonis'.

And look at this drive. Crafty:

Last edited by Straight forward; 12-30-2021, 11:06 AM.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
      Murauskas, Sirvydis
      Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

• Originally posted by Straight forward View Post
        While Nojus Indrusaitis seems to be really standing out kid, holds an offer from Illinoi and interest of many other. Seems to be very offensively gifted:

Nojus Indrusaitis is a sophomore who played in just his 22nd high school game for Lemont following a freshman season shortened by the coronavirus pandemic. But the 6-foot-4 forward is already …

https://twitter.com/CourtsideFilms/s...57298628763653
        Standing out again. To me he's Lelevicius No.2 Maybe more of a guard, more of ISO player.

And here he unleashes his Lithuanian language skills :

Buzelis, Lelevicius
        Murauskas, Sirvydis
        Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

• Hallelujah, Dovydas Giedraitis has risen
          The Moon Is A SCAM(http://www.revisionism.nl/Moon/The-Mad-Revisionist.htm)!

Comment

And here he unleashes his Lithuanian language skills :

https://twitter.com/ltu_basketball/s...28684764971012
            Not bad at all! But he does what just about everybody else who grew up in North America does when he pronounces words such as "labai" and "gerai". He says "labei" and "gerei". I did that myself until a family visit to my Lithuanian born cousin in Detroit. When he pointed out to me that I shared that particular hallmark of a North American's way of speaking Lithuanian, I was aghast. I knew the difference between "ai" and "ei" yet I was nonetheless pronouncing all those words wrong. I corrected that deficiency in my spoken Lithuanian immediately. (Of course my Lithuanian is still far below TV Lietuva's standards but I try.)

Last edited by Hepcat; 01-14-2022, 02:57 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by LuDux View Post
              Hallelujah, Dovydas Giedraitis has risen
              Excellent win by Lietkabelis against the first place team in the French league!

Comment

Comment

I liked those crafty drives and finishing inside. 5 TOs though, still rusty, still not his optimal shape. Great game though, he needed that. Hope he stays healthy for remaining season. Injuries really holding him back.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                  Murauskas, Sirvydis
                  Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

• Dainius Rumša
                    @imLuckyD

Dovydas Giedraitis('00) was leading the way in a 96-89 victory against Metropolitans 92.

Lithuanian guard scored 25 points(1 reb, 1 ast, 5 to) in 32 minutes of play and 12 of them were scored in the 4th quarter.

Let’s take a closer look into a few of his episodes:

Last edited by LuDux; 01-13-2022, 03:43 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hepcat View Post
                      Not bad at all!
                      Agreed.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                      Murauskas, Sirvydis
                      Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

• Major EL U16 tournament on March 3rd. All games will be streamed in YT. A good chance to see how Kasparas Jakucionis doing in Barsa.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                        Murauskas, Sirvydis
                        Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

• Nojus Indrusaitis is really nice prospect. Continues to attract more and more attention. As 16/17yo he already has great size for SG 6-5, likely might grow into SF. 3- level scorer. Great slasher, but also a good free point shooter with quick release. Fairly athletic. He reminds me a bit of young Karnisovas a little bit.

If federation will bring home Buzelis and Indrusaitis for U18 NT this summer, I will call this federation GOAT by far.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                          Murauskas, Sirvydis
                          Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

• Imagine this hypothetical U18 NT this summer though. Damn, this would be completely nasty, by far the best team ever since 1992 generation, potentially the most talented Youth NT ever.

C M. Krivas
                            PF P. Murauskas, Jocys
                            SF M. Buzelis, A. Brazdeikis
                            SG N. Indrusaitis D. Sarauskas
                            PG K. Jakucionis, K. Kublickas

I don't remember Youth NT with so many high level prospects. Off course Jakucionis will be U16 eligible and IDK what will be new federation new policy, but why not to allow him to play both U16 and U18. So many size, so many skill, so many talent.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                            Murauskas, Sirvydis
                            Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

but why not to allow him to play both U16 and U18.
                              Because it's not really good for health and it's more reasonable to spend that part of summer for individual trainings and recovering.

This team would be talented (but not the most ever - it's too much to claim this i think). I don't know anything about Indrusaitis and Brazdeikis (do they have Lith citizenship?) though, but this team would face each other for the first time. It's also the case. 1992 generation was not only talented and had one of the most dominating players in youth basketball, but also played together for years. Maksvytis knew all of them since their childhood. That team was strong by any means.

By the way, why you put Jocys pf? He's sg, sf at best, but not pf.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dreamcatcher View Post
                                Because it's not really good for health and it's more reasonable to spend that part of summer for individual trainings and recovering.

This team would be talented (but not the most ever - it's too much to claim this i think). I don't know anything about Indrusaitis and Brazdeikis (do they have Lith citizenship?) though, but this team would face each other for the first time. It's also the case. 1992 generation was not only talented and had one of the most dominating players in youth basketball, but also played together for years. Maksvytis knew all of them since their childhood. That team was strong by any means.

By the way, why you put Jocys pf? He's sg, sf at best, but not pf.
                                Yeah, well, it depends. Maybe it's a good idea to prioritize your own age group in the first place.

IDK the situation with Indrusaitis and A. Brazdeikis citizenship, but Chomicius visited both of them so federation see the way how to solve this issue.

You right, these guys don't know each other, but the good thing Balciunas is extending preparation time of Youth NTs, I think to 1.5 month, so solid time to gather certain chemistry.

On the paper this roster would be much more talented than 1992 which had only one elite prospect Valanciunas. Literally no-one else was listed highly or attracted international attention. All other guys other than JV had only local relevance.

From this roster not only Buzelis as super prospect, but Indrusaitis is hunted by colleges like Illinois, Murauskas was constantly attracting attention since 15yo, Krivas is also nearly sensational 16-17yo who made noise in U19 WC, Brazdeikis kid also has interesting size and skill (taller than Iggy), and Jakucionis (if we include him) is premium PG prospect.

Essentially Buzelis, Indrusaitis, Krivas, Murauskas, Jakucionis are elite prospects and Brazdeikis might be close to that. It would be hard to name other team like that.

OK, last summer U19 team with Tubelis, Marciulionis, Krivas, Lelevicius was pretty stacked. More or less all 4 can be treated elite prospects (Mix of 2002, 2003, 2004 generations).

We had a team with Velicka, Sedekerskis, Kulboka, then we had a team with Jokubaitis, Sirvydis, D. Giedraitis...We really didn't have better Youth team on the paper I think.

Talent wise I think this team would be unprecedented. Like 5 elite prospects, including superstar prospect.

And, you right, Jocys should go 2-3 and Brazdeikis to play 3-4 as he is 6'8 guy.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                                Murauskas, Sirvydis
                                Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information