This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Straight forward View Post
    Federation still must work hard on convincing Simas Lukosius to play for Lithuania. IMO, he's pretty great. Lukosius'... skipped German U20 team. Let's lock him home.
    I agree. But is he now expressing a desire to play for Team Lietuva? Has he said anything to the press or Basketball Lithuania? Because last February he very clearly indicated that his choice was to play for Germany.

Comment

• Originally posted by Straight forward View Post
      Krivas, the beast 15pts in 15min in LKL. 20eff. Still 17yo. He's a little bit too traditional for my tastes....
      Me I'll take some of that kind of tradition, you know like quarterfinals in seven Olympics in a row and three Bronze medals. I don't remember anybody in those days complaining about how the points were scored and how the games were won. They just asked "How many?"

Last edited by Hepcat; 11-16-2022, 06:29 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hepcat View Post
        Me I'll take some of that kind of tradition, you know like quarterfinals in seven Olympics in a row and three Bronze medals. I don't remember anybody in those days complaining about how the points were scored and how the games were won. They just asked "How many?"

Yeah, I know you're old school dude

And, no, there was no any info on Lukosius. But he skipped U20 German NT so he's still available theoretically. He has LT passport. Federation should continue to do it's job. Gems are not growing on the Apple tree to pick thousands of them..
        LTU NT will snatch Eurobasket 2029 title with this roster:

Jokubaitis, Marciulionis, Laurencikas
        Indrusaitis, Brazdeikis, Rubstavicius
        Buzelis, Lelevicius
        Murauskas, Sirvydis
        Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

• How about this Lelevicius' poster? Wish he shot the ball better, but he guy has upside:

PS: Another solid game for S. Lukosius.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
          Murauskas, Sirvydis
          Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

• I disagree that Lelevicius is PG, surely is not, but he should be able to play some 1 if forced, like once Siska provided some decent minutes at 1 in 2003-2004 stretch. His skillset will be close Siska's ballhandling, a bit inferior, but just a bit. But I have to say Lelevicius will have enough handles to play 2, initiate p'n'r here and there and to go ISO. Specially he's mean in transition. Overall, I'm smiling thinking about our open court ball game in the future - Jokubaitis, Indrusaitis, Lelevicius, Rubstavicius, Brazdeikis, Buzelis, Murauskas, Tubelis. That is ball handling, spurt, agility, shitness clinic.

Watch this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPkW...hannel=BNDaily

The way our talent ripe, I can hope that we will fix many problems, but a lot of questions about shooting.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
            Murauskas, Sirvydis
            Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

• Laurecikas with 8pts, 4as in 16min. He's the only 2006 golden generation dude who sees playing time in Zalgiris-2. There's only 2 in entire league. Another is Kristupas Smirnov who plays for Vilniaus Rytas- 2.

Zalgiris remains undefeated 13-0....

Really think we might have a good player in Laurencikas.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
              Murauskas, Sirvydis
              Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

• Lukosius is stronger and stronger in NCAA. Drops 18pts with good shooting. He shoots 42,3% threes. We should somehow pack him cause he's one of those rare upcoming prospects who can really shoot, not to mention other things.

2002 generation panning out nicely. Tubelis, Marciulionis, Rubstavicius, Lukosius. Doesn't get much deeper than that.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                Murauskas, Sirvydis
                Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

• Lithuanian Doncic with some more Lukosius' Magic

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                  Murauskas, Sirvydis
                  Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

• Almost forgotten prospect emerged with huge performance in NCAA. M. Kancleris was attracting even some NBA prospect's attention 18/19 season, but then he started to decline in 19/20 and left for NCAA where he made from none to little noise till this season. Lengthy, agile, defensive 6'9 forward. We should keep an eye on his development:

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                    Murauskas, Sirvydis
                    Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

• Murauskas just keeps going with crazy shooting. It's 10 games already, it's not a fluke.

2FG: 30/38 (78,9%)

3FG: 9/16 (56,3%)

FT 13/13 (100,0%)

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                      Murauskas, Sirvydis
                      Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

• Nojus Indrusaitis with a positive showing at the start of new season. After Buzelis who is by far the best prospect, I treat Indrusaitis, Jokubaitis, Murauskas as next most complete prospects in the country. I think Indrusaitis has an upside of true starter, elite piece at 2 for the NT. Very interesting to see how much his game will sharpen up and how much he can still add:

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                        Murauskas, Sirvydis
                        Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

• Originally posted by Toruko View Post
                          The last guy is the guy I am really really high on. If Murauskas develops well he is your go to guy. This is a bit off topic but he has scoring in his blood. Horrible court vision and passing but who cares? He can go to the rim anytime he wants and I am sure his shot will develop too. Defense is a problem but he has lot of room to develop defensively too.
                          Murauskas' campaign in LKL becoming huge intrigue. Tonight he nailed 2/3 threes and keeps shooting threes with ridiculous 11/19 (57,9%). He also hasn't missed a FT yet (15/15). Twos also goes in like a water - 31/42 (73,8%). Tonight 10pts against one of the best LKL teams.

ATM, he seems like pretty high floor and very high ceiling prospect. His efficiency and maturity for 18yo is impressive, but with him it's all about an upside (he's not even properly bulked yet, but already pretty physical which only gives a glimpse of what's coming). Hope he will keep it cool and continue to work. Can be pretty special - that wing span, smoothness, skill, IQ and he's cheeky. If he won't screw with the mindset, he's the elite piece for NT at 4. True versatile 4.

There's a good chance he will start seeing realistic minutes in EL for Zalgiris next season. Could see him snatching 5-10mpg role consistently at 3/4.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                          Murauskas, Sirvydis
                          Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

• LKL is not a hint for his outside shot. From what I can see the level of the league is pretty low. Murauskas outside shot isnt reliable but the near he is to the rim the more dangerous he gets. For example he shoots with 18% from outside in Eurocup. Everything else is ok but the thing which makes him special probably is his ability to absorb contact. He has a very strong core

Comment

• Originally posted by Toruko View Post
                              LKL is not a hint for his outside shot. From what I can see the level of the league is pretty low. Murauskas outside shot isnt reliable but the near he is to the rim the more dangerous he gets. For example he shoots with 18% from outside in Eurocup. Everything else is ok but the thing which makes him special probably is his ability to absorb contact. He has a very strong core
                              He surely is not a good or great shooter, but that what makes his amazing streak in LKL so interesting. How long he can shoot like this. He's leading LKL from those who shot at least a bunch of threes. LKL level is decent. I personally didn't expect he will look that good. Specially that he's ain't lost defensively. When he signed with Liekabelis I was wondering how he's gonna play D there. Canak just asks 100% effort. But his awareness and even effort is surprisingly high.

Pretty sad we lost the spot in U19. It would be such a pleasure to see Murauskas, Krivas and hopefully Buzelis on world stage. Theoretically they all can play for U20 I guess, but this tournament is not so prestigious. If these three packed, it would be most star power stacked Youth NT of all time, IMO. Well theoretically only A. Sabonis and S. Marciulionis playing together probably exceed that - but it never happened cause Lithuania was occupied by Soviet barbarians at that time. At the very given moment I think Murauskas is much more explosive and dominant than Buzelis who has much high ceiling though. There would be a good chance Murauskas snatching MVP of U19 from what I see. He would dominate that stage even more than he dominated U18 likely.

Buzelis is top 5 pick potentially
                              Murauskas is a sleeping on NBA material if you ask me.
                              Krivas is harder to describe, but anywhere from pretty much elite EL big to role player of NBA (depends how NBA will shape and will there be place for more of an old school centers there)

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                              Murauskas, Sirvydis
                              Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

• How do you guys see Krivas career? What kind of player will he be? To me his a bit improved version of traditional bog with good skill and high IQ. If he was slightly more mobile and athletic, I would think Marc Gasol is a good comparison.I mean the guy is not agile enough for modern defences, but his very adaptive, pretty flexible, has good timing to block shots. If that was 90-00's he would be in the NBA. But how will his career look now?

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                                Murauskas, Sirvydis
                                Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information