Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's only a start of the season, but Velicka already exceeded my expectations as it's very solid to lead an LKL team for a 19 y.o. pg and Prienai isn't some trash team. They won 3 games out of 5. Velicka averages 14 pts and 5 ast - the last one is the best result in the whole league. 20 EFF is the best one as well. It's close to the MVP mode at the moment.

Comment

• Also Augustas Marciulionis leads NKL with 7.75 apg.

I think we are solving PG issue for good in upcoming 2020s decade. Lekavicius, Jokubaitis, Velicka, Marciulionis. I have little to none doubt all 4 will reach NT level + Dovydas Giedraitis as a high IQ, good defence PG/SG combo. No more riding one PG for 35min as we used to have with Kalnietis.
      LTU NT will snatch Eurobasket 2029 title with this roster:

Jokubaitis, Marciulionis, Laurencikas
      Indrusaitis, Brazdeikis, Rubstavicius
      Buzelis, Lelevicius
      Murauskas, Sirvydis
      Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

• The Lithuanian player that makes me a little worried recently is Sedekerskis.

I used to think he would be a master piece of future LT national team and I thought it could be a good thing for him to come back to Lithuania.
        Yet, I have to say that it's far from what i expected... I have seen two games of him this year : first the one versus Žalgiris in LKL, when I thought he just had a bad game, as it can happen sometimes to everyone ; second the BCL game this week versus Dijon (not full). So I decided to have a closer look to his stats and... in BCL it's not good at all in my opinion, and in LKL it's very average (rebounds figures being pretty good though), with Neptūnas having a pretty bad start this year (2-4).

Any other opinion about him this year and what you would expect from him in years to come? Or any information about injuries or something like that maybe?

Comment

• Originally posted by Prancūzėlis_ZLD View Post
          The Lithuanian player that makes me a little worried recently is Sedekerskis.

I used to think he would be a master piece of future LT national team and I thought it could be a good thing for him to come back to Lithuania.
          Yet, I have to say that it's far from what i expected... I have seen two games of him this year : first the one versus Žalgiris in LKL, when I thought he just had a bad game, as it can happen sometimes to everyone ; second the BCL game this week versus Dijon (not full). So I decided to have a closer look to his stats and... in BCL it's not good at all in my opinion, and in LKL it's very average (rebounds figures being pretty good though), with Neptūnas having a pretty bad start this year (2-4).

Any other opinion about him this year and what you would expect from him in years to come? Or any information about injuries or something like that maybe?
          I don't like how Neptunas is using him. The team overall struggles, so it's difficult to blame him for poor performance. Needs to be more involved.
          Seems like Neptunas is aware that he is a rental and doesn't want to develop him at the same time Sedekerskis needs to get his confidence back, dude shines away from initiative. There is still potential there, I will not give up on him yet.

Comment

• Well, I waited for Prienai to face Zalgiris to make some conclusions about Velicka. And here's the thing. There have been no 19yo who could run LKL team as Velicka running now. Some candidates could be Jasikevicius (he went to NCAA), Kalnietis, Jokubaitis. Kalnietis I think couldn't pass the ball the way current Velicka can do it and I don't think he hadn't that sturdy body. Jokubaitis would surely not be able to run LKL team for thirty minutes at the level Velicka does, because he doesn't have such stamina, toughness and athleticism to do that, turnovers would prevail. So in this role, running LKL team for thirty minutes, Velicka is a historical case. Differently than some 18yo D-Mo, who was destroying LKL competition in most cases, but were completely shut down against Zalgiris, Velicka didn't look lost and absolutely confused against Zalgiris. He played his game and he can hang out at this level already other than his horrific shooting from distance. I have to say I'm satisfied how he's improving in terms of decision making, he's far from good PG should be, but it's more than obvious he's improving. I think he even already improved compared to first LKL game. I could even argue that he already runs LKL team more consistently than Janavicius do with Neptunas. It's a great spot to be for a 19yo who has tons of years to improve. The most important thing that he would and seems that he really does. I think now the only obstacle is shooting. He will polish decision making with time, but I'm not sure he can polish his shooting. If he will reach at least thirty % he's good to go, but he ain't there at the moment. The thing is that his shooting mechanics isn't all that bad, actually he creates space for shooting nicely, but it's just not reliable somehow. He should absolutely lock him self for tons of shooting preps because that will determine his upside in PROS.

Now, imagine Kalnietis wouldn't show up in NT. Who would be second PG along with Lekavicius in 2020? Jokubaitis and Velicka? I would still think Jokubaitis. Rokas is simply the guy who can be packed into any system. He will adjust to his role and he is being able to do that under one of the most strict coaches in Europe. ALso Jokubaitis has more reliable shooting. So for 10-15 minutes role, I would pick Jokubaitis I still believe. Velicka is a player who needs a lot of freedom to thrive and it's only yet to find out ifhe can stick with a small, strict role. On other hand, Velicka is a better defender which is highly important. So it's a close call, but as NT goes I pick Jokubaitis today, as to lead LKL team as primarily, dominant PG I pick Velicka to do the job.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
            Murauskas, Sirvydis
            Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

• Neptunas-2 defeated previously undefeated NKL champions in Marijampole by tip-in by Klaidas Metrikis (Feb-2000). He also leads team in scoring 16.8 on 55-46-63 shooting. Compared with last season so far he improved 2p% by 4 and 2p% by 12% while doubling FT attempts. Rebounding is up but so are TO's while AS are down. Third in scoring and effectiveness is 200 cm fast-shooting G/F Nojus Mineikis (Nov-200), 10.9 pt on 52-41-91 shooting, 5 rebounds in 23 minutes. I'd dare to call these two Orelikas-esque and Jasaitis-esque. Starting PG is Adomas Sidarevicius (Jun-2001). Compared to his season in last-place KTU his scoring and %s are down, but AS/TO went from 3.4/2.0 to 5.3/1.9 in identical minutes
              The Moon Is A SCAM(http://www.revisionism.nl/Moon/The-Mad-Revisionist.htm)!

Comment

• So, who is better PG, Velicka or Jogela?

Comment

• It's very interesting case whenever this Ignas Brazdeikis' case would solve for us. Not only because he is bond to be the flat out best scorer of NT in 20's, but if Ignas would commit to Lith NT long term, there's another Brazdeikis, Ignas' little brother born in 2004, who would likely go the same path. Seems like he's the same kind like his brother, made for buckets. Here's couple of words on him:

"Augustas Brazdeikis, brother of Michigan commit, Ignas Brazdeikis is a bonafide bucket getter. A high arcing shot and the use of both hands to get a clean look makes him one of the craftiest on the scene at this age group."
                  [...]
                  "Augustus Brazdeikis, younger brother of standout Ignas Brazdeikis, was a stud in the fourth, as Halton regularly ran their offence through him.
                  Making good decisions, Brazdeikis showed very good diversity in his game using his body to finish inside, all the while fighting through contact.
                  Brazdeikis also has a very feathery touch in the lane, and from behind the arc, with good form and arc on all his jumpers.
                  He finished with 16 points in total
                  ."

"Class of 2024, hovering around 6’3 so far and can flat out get buckets. He has the knack for scoring that Ignas has and can get to where he wants on the floor. He is someone we will be watching very closely over the years as he continues to develop explosiveness off the dribble."
                  https://twitter.com/Elias_NPH/status/1162085890400968704 If anyone is interested in expanding our "foreign white basketball players with attitude" pipeline (I know I am) then I have some news for you. We just got Moe's little brother and it turns out that Iggy has a little brother too. Introducing: Augustus Brazdeikis " Augustus is the younger brother of former Michigan Wolverine and current New York Knick, Ignas Brazdeikis, who heard his name called in this year’s NBA Draft.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                  Murauskas, Sirvydis
                  Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

• Beliauskas seems to be in the right place today. Worst team in LKL thus far, but the top scorer of the league. Who knows, maybe 2 more years and a decent borderline NT material, just as Varnas. And we need to have those, specially with current FIBA system, qualification, windows, ect.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                    Murauskas, Sirvydis
                    Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

• jokubaitis is just wow.. he gets so much better every summer, he wont improve while playing only in the lkl anymore. i just hope he gets cosistent minutes in the euroleague (maybe eurocup if he gets loaned) asap, he already showed that he is ready last year. it seems like he improved his shot too, could work on his footwork, cuz sometimes he looks awful on defense, but other than that he is ready for the next level.

Comment

• Sedekerskis lately showing some signs of hope I guess. I didn't see the games, but couple of really solid games both LKL and Champions league. In last game 12pts, 5 assists. At Youth level he was terrific passer for his size, but in PRO he's playing off the ball to the level that it hurts even to watch, like he's having an allergy to the ball. If that allergy can be healed with time he can still be a good player. Let's a agree his role in Neptunas is ridiculous, and I don't even blame coach, it's on the allergy guy himself. 4 shots per game! Freakin' 4 shots. Even Galdikas manages to go for 5 shots per game. Someone hire Sedekerskis a doctor, put him at 4 where he belongs, give him the ball and threaten him to shoot because he shoots 66,7/40/82,4 in LKL. In Champions league 54.5% from the field.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                        Murauskas, Sirvydis
                        Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

• Originally posted by Svajunas View Post
                          I don't like how Neptunas is using him. The team overall struggles, so it's difficult to blame him for poor performance. Needs to be more involved.
                          Seems like Neptunas is aware that he is a rental and doesn't want to develop him at the same time Sedekerskis needs to get his confidence back, dude shines away from initiative. There is still potential there, I will not give up on him yet.

You guys will love this
                          https://youtu.be/Z7D4D8_lPVA?t=6195

And at the beginning

Comment

• Originally posted by LuDux View Post
                            I do indeed love this. Just shows how easy he can create a shot with his length. But as SF mentioned he has allergy for ball. Maybe he will turn things around, he looks much better lately.

Comment

• To me it's funny how some Zalgiris fans and some neutral fans are bashing Sirvydis all the time I understand that the fact he was drafted, got some hyped, people expected much more than he rather phenomenally provided last season for a 18yo, and also Jarutis thrown that quote which I think was nothing more than a wish to to push him to work even harder rather than bashing his current working ethics (whatever), but the fact is he is basically the only 19yo kid who actually makes an impact in Eurocup, the only. In LKL also only he and Jokubaitis making impact and for top teams like it wouldn't be enough (Velicka is a bit older). Even in Euroleague except Garuba no-one has a consistent role. So this huge travesty again by boneheaded Lith fans, and boy we have such breed, it's not only some kids on basketnews.lt, but some grown up dudes who never developed understanding about basketball. Sirvydis is doing a very good job for his age and basically is a one man standing at this age (with Garuba) with decent role at the high level of European PRO competition.

Even more, I could argue, and this requires additional research, that Lithuania may be the only country in the world (after USA which has 4-5 19yo guys, Darius Bazley, Jaxson Hayes, Kevin Porter, Coby White and well sidelined Zion, who cracks NBA teams rotations) which has three 19yo who sees playing time at TOP PRO European competition. That's Sirvydis (Eurocup), Jokubaitis (Euroleague), D. Giedraitis (ACB).

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                              Murauskas, Sirvydis
                              Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

• Originally posted by Straight forward View Post
                                To me it's funny how some Zalgiris fans and some neutral fans are bashing Sirvydis all the time I understand that the fact he was drafted, got some hyped, people expected much more than he rather phenomenally provided last season for a 18yo, and also Jarutis thrown that quote which I think was nothing more than a wish to to push him to work even harder rather than bashing his current working ethics (whatever), but the fact is he is basically the only 19yo kid who actually makes an impact in Eurocup, the only. In LKL also only he and Jokubaitis making impact and for top teams like it wouldn't be enough (Velicka is a bit older). Even in Euroleague except Garuba no-one has a consistent role. So this huge travesty again by boneheaded Lith fans, and boy we have such breed, it's not only some kids on basketnews.lt, but some grown up dudes who never developed understanding about basketball. Sirvydis is doing a very good job for his age and basically is a one man standing at this age (with Garuba) with decent role at the high level of European PRO competition.

Even more, I could argue, and this requires additional research, that Lithuania may be the only country in the world (after USA which has 4-5 19yo guys, Darius Bazley, Jaxson Hayes, Kevin Porter, Coby White and well sidelined Zion, who cracks NBA teams rotations) which has three 19yo who sees playing time at TOP PRO European competition. That's Sirvydis (Eurocup), Jokubaitis (Euroleague), D. Giedraitis (ACB).
                                Rytas fans do the same this season as after all the hype and NBA drafts expected to see more than a catch and shoot player on the corners. In other cases there's also a part of the hate to Rytas.

Btw Jokubaitis hasn't seen any playing time in EL this season - he played only few minutes. Saras is never criticized but i have to say that to let a boy in and to bench him until the end of the game after the first turnover he made - it's not how a player grow. He had more minutes last season so i didn't expect Saras wouldn't even try him a while ago when Perez didn't look ready and still he played. He's out now and not even a pg will replace him so there is a space for Jokubaitis but i don't feel he will have a meaningless role in EL. I'm not saying he can do it, but if you think he can give him some credit, not every youngster is like Doncic.
                                Last edited by Dreamcatcher; 11-21-2019, 03:43 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information