This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by zalias View Post
    marciulionis is better than jokubaits because he can change the speed and directins. sure dude.
    Why I feel that if I will ask you to elaborate on this you will fail even for a decent shot? I value posters who provide contra-arguments, not just come to show of their sour butt hurt because of irritating (others) opinion.
    LTU NT will snatch Eurobasket 2029 title with this roster:

Jokubaitis, Marciulionis, Laurencikas
    Indrusaitis, Brazdeikis, Rubstavicius
    Buzelis, Lelevicius
    Murauskas, Sirvydis
    Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

• New words on Marciulionis, Tubelis, Murauskas and Mantas Rubstavicius:

Azuolas Tubelis (‘02). Lithuania. 6’9, PF, Rytas Vilnius
      Tubelis was named MVP of the tournament with his averages of 20.5 points (66.7 from two), 12.5 rebounds (3.3 offensive), 2.5 assists, 2 steals, 1.8 blocks and 6.5 fouls drawn per game. Tubelis dominated every single game in Kaunas, leaving remarkable highlights on both ends of the floor. Lefty big man with a super strong body and above average athleticism for his position. At his best in dynamic situations, running hard in transition or attacking the basket on the move with couple off dribbles; he can easily play above the rim with space and has a ridiculous ability to finish absorbing contacts. Great rebounder, uses his body to get a deep position inside the paint. On defense, he is able to step out and go back quickly on ball screens; and he is a good shot blocker thanks to his timing and explosiveness.

Augustas Marciulionis (‘02). Lithuania. 6’4, PG, Rytas Vilnius
      Marciulionis earned All-Tournament Team honors thanks to his 18.3 points (63.3% from two), 3.8 rebounds, 6.5 assists, 1.3 steals and 7 fouls drawn per game. Point guard with good size for his position. Marciulionis loves to handle the ball and create off the dribble; has excellent ball-handling ability and quick change of pace to take defenders off balance and his court vision and ability to pass off the live dribble allow him to find open teammates all over the court. Great scorer inside the paint: absorbs contacts, has soft touch with either hands, uses floaters and has good body control to find angles. He has improved as a shooter both off the dribble and off the catch. Smart defender who has impressive anticipation with his feet and is super pesky using his hands.

Paulius Murauskas (‘04). Lithuania. 6’8, PF, Zalgiris Kaunas
      Murauskas earned a spot in the All-Tournament team thanks to his averages of 15.5 points (65.5% from two), 7 rebounds, 2.3 steals and 5 fouls drawn per game. Forward with well-developed but still promising frame and long wingspan. Murauskas stood out with impressive personality and competitiveness even being one year younger than the level of competition. He likes to stay in the perimeter and attack the basket with powerful drives, being able to finish absorbing contacts and scoring a lot of 2+1. He has high IQ for his age, takes good decisions, shares the ball and reads when he is double-teamed in the low post. Can hit spot up shots from beyond the ar. Decent footwork to guard on the perimeter, but he feels more comfortable as inside defender thanks to his strong body.

Mantas Rubstavicius (‘02). Lithuania. 6’5, SG, Zalgiris Kaunas
      Lefty shooting guard with a narrow and undeveloped body, has good size for his position. Rubstavicius shines as a shooter in catch and shoot situations from beyond the arc (finished with a 42.1%). His shooting mechanics are consistent and elegant, his release is smooth and fluid and he has the ability to set his shot in a blink of an eye. He is also able to pull up from mid range after turning the corner of the P&R or attacking with couple of dribbles. Driver to his left who loves to finish with floaters with his strong hand. Natural handling the ball, but he needs ball screens to blow by his man. Rubstavicius has quick feet to stay in front of the ball; he is also smart to cut passing lanes on weak side rotations.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
      Murauskas, Sirvydis
      Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

• Here's my take on Blazevic. I rarely talk about him and that's strange, but there's a reason. He is extremely gifted offensively, very fundamentally sound, very spot on and soft much in Z. Ilgauskas' fashion, has a nose for easiest ways to score, high IQ big and it's ridiculous that 18yo manages to drop 7pts, 3,3rbs in just 12 minutes, which makes his PER36 elite 21pts. I think he's much more talented than say Echodas, Birtutis, Geben...But as I said previously, today big's upside lies on D end. And Blazevic has some troubles defending perimeter. Despite his perfect IQ and feel for the game, he has rather slow feet, he can't switch, ect. If he had more agility, he would be elite big prospect. But he's more of traditional center and with all his possible brilliance in this genre, it's a dead breed. I project him slightly better career than Britutis and Geben at the moment and I will change this projection only if he would pull out "Marc Gasol". That is ability to compensate agility with super precise and always spot on defensive rotation, super high defensive awareness. There is possibility of that, but I'm not holding my breath. Gasol still kinda found his niche in the transition of BB changes, but this shift will be more and more obvious with each year. Blazevic is super talented, but just as Birutis, Geben, Venckus are in the dying breed territory. Thus, the best bigs for 20's are Sabonis, Tubelis, Echodas, Kulboka, Murauskas, Masiulis ect. The one who can really move their legs.

It's funny how much solid early-bloomers we have at the moment - Jokubaitis, Sirvydis, Blazevic, Tubelis, Velicka...and even Marciulionis.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
        Murauskas, Sirvydis
        Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

• Originally posted by Straight forward View Post
          Why I feel that if I will ask you to elaborate on this you will fail even for a decent shot? I value posters who provide contra-arguments, not just come to show of their sour butt hurt because of irritating (others) opinion.
          you value people who agree with you and you dont care about people who dont, you got your opinion and you are staying with it no matter what.

Comment

you value people who agree with you and you dont care about people who dont, you got your opinion and you are staying with it no matter what.
            So you're stepping back even without a shot, huh? Change my mind, convince me. I'm super high on both Jokubaitis and Marciulionis BTW. But Marciulionis has more complete skillset and superior physicality. What makes Jokubaitis better as a prospect in your opinion?

Buzelis, Lelevicius
            Murauskas, Sirvydis
            Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

• Jokubaitis is better because hes playing in Zalgiris.

Comment

• Originally posted by Svajunas View Post
                Jokubaitis is better because hes playing in Zalgiris.
                thats definitely the case. and not because he could probably already be decent role player in the euoleague.

Comment

thats definitely the case. and not because he could probably already be decent role player in the euoleague.
                  You missed sarcasm part.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                  Murauskas, Sirvydis
                  Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

• I really like thestepien.com. Really spot on scouting and ability to track objective picture. Some sites, specially American are so lost in terms of evaluating Euros particularly. TheStepien has Tubelis at 5 from 2021 NBA draft eligible international prospects and Marciulionis at 10. IMO, in the long run, let's say just before 2021 NBA drafts, Marciulionis will climb substantially higher. His physical profile will ripe and be more visible, while the connection with all around skills and IQ will impress. My projection anyway.

Here's the word on Tubelis and full ranking link:

Azuolas Tubelis has been one of the biggest risers in this class due to his defensive versatility and his combination of length, size, mobility and explosiveness. Tubelis has been slowly adding offensive weapons, such as slashing, drive-and-kick passing, and some occasional touch in catch-and-shoot jumpers, but still needs to be more consistent in any of these areas to consider him as a viable offensive threat at the NBA level. Until then, his versatile defense remains his calling card.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                    Murauskas, Sirvydis
                    Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

• Good material and pretty much a summary of what kind of prospect Velicka (and other Cbet players) is. A bit of ISO headcase, introverted, but talented and hardworking:

Prienų „CBet“ komanda priverstinai anksti baigė išskirtinius metus klubo istorijoje, kurie buvo pažymėti bendradarbiavimu su stipriausiu šalies klubu Kauno „Žalgiriu“.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                      Murauskas, Sirvydis
                      Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

• No, seriously...our coaches...I mean how lower you can get. "Some coaches" compare Murauskas to R. Giedraitis And they think Murauskas will play SF. I mean, our prospects are coached by complete BB illiterates, to say the least. Rokas Giedraitis, one trick pony, from alien position is the last comparison that would come to my mind, last. Murauskas is an all around big who plays face to face, can put the ball of the floor, score inside, facilitate. Even at 15 he's already bigger than Giedraitis and doesn't even have consistent three. I mean it's completely wrong. Murauskas is 5/4 even if he would stay at current 200cm which is highly unlikely, he surely will add to that as 15yo.

If some-one would look for Murauskas' comparison - Diaw, Khriapa and even poor man's Pau (or not so much poor) would be a good start. I mean, Jesus, Giedraitis...like zero connection literally.

Tinklalapis „BasketNews.lt“ šeštus metus paeiliui apžvelgia perspektyviausius šalies talentus, o šiemet pirmiausia aptarsime 2004-aisiais gimusių vaikinų kartą (U16).

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                        Murauskas, Sirvydis
                        Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

• Good article on one of my absolutely favourite Lith prospects D. Giedraitis. It's great news that he will be treated a local player in Spain since he played there already three seasons. So he surely will stick around in ACB in upcoming seasons. Also he thrown a rock to "Lith youth BB school" (which is non existant, IMO), saying the he doesn't understand why youngsters don't hit the gym at all in Lithuania (here I can greet Zalgiris' youth system lately though, Jokubaitis added mass nicely at young age, also Velicka shapes up nicely). Giedraitis is already bulked at 90kg. He will need to add only couple of kilos further. Really love that we will have another true all around SG next to Grigonis. Elite stroke, IQ, sturdiness at D. With that kind of players you can win championships.

Vienas talentingiausių Lietuvos snaiperių, 19-metis 193 cm ūgio Dovydas Giedraitis, prisitaikė prie Ispanijos krepšinio stiliaus ir dabar šioje šalyje nebėra laikomas legionieriumi.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                          Murauskas, Sirvydis
                          Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

• Originally posted by Straight forward View Post
                            No, seriously...our coaches...I mean how lower you can get. "Some coaches" compare Murauskas to R. Giedraitis And they think Murauskas will play SF. I mean, our prospects are coached by complete BB illiterates, to say the least. Rokas Giedraitis, one trick pony, from alien position is the last comparison that would come to my mind, last. Murauskas is an all around big who plays face to face, can put the ball of the floor, score inside, facilitate. Even at 15 he's already bigger than Giedraitis and doesn't even have consistent three. I mean it's completely wrong. Murauskas is 5/4 even if he would stay at current 200cm which is highly unlikely, he surely will add to that as 15yo.

If some-one would look for Murauskas' comparison - Diaw, Khriapa and even poor man's Pau (or not so much poor) would be a good start. I mean, Jesus, Giedraitis...like zero connection literally.

https://www.basketnews.lt/news-13833...16-meciai.html
                            Yeah. That comparison shocked me as well.

Comment

• 6-8 player ~ 6-7 player? WRONG! 6-8 player ~ 7-1 player? Much better
                              The Moon Is A SCAM(http://www.revisionism.nl/Moon/The-Mad-Revisionist.htm)!

Comment

• If Murauskas lives out to his full potential (or even more), then the first example of a pro player that comes to my mind is Nikola Mirotič. Obviously it is close to impossible to reach such level, but that would be one of the most accurate comparisons, in my opinion.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information