Page 139 of 141 FirstFirst ... 3989129137138139140141 LastLast
Results 2,761 to 2,780 of 2818

Thread: Lithuanian talents.

Quote Originally Posted by LuDux View Post
    I like what I see. Good length, 195cm and he's still 15yo (I think he might grow to some 200-2004cm), rather bulked and physically standing out. Can put the ball on the floor (not excellently, but decently) with either hand, goes right and left, seem to be terrific passer, quick decision maker. Seems to have a high IQ as he reads situation well rather than forcing his ways physically. Shooting mechanics pretty raw (reminds me Brazdeikis'), but can shoot of the dribble, make mid range jumpers and threes. Interesting player.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawshank View Post
    Marciulionis son will be bust like first Sabonis son

Lol. @1:35 ref gave a T for hanging on the rim.

Isn't that actually supposed to be a technical in most leagues?

Yes. Buti his case he was swinging a lot, so to me it seemed like waited and gathered couple seconds before he let go. For me it seems that this ref just want to show these kids how big and important he is.

I wonder why Lithuania are not among U20 European challengers. Strange:

http://www.eurohopes.com/news/6329/n..._championships

So I watched that last game with Murauskas exploding and he should be just fine at 4 in U19 FIBA WC. Should make some trouble penetrating inside with his crafty ways and ability to observe the contact. However, I agree with the insight that Murauskas physical advantage getting smaller compared to the stages when he was balling among 15 or 16 years olds. He is not such a stand out physically as say Tubelis is, and in NCAA environment (and later NBA) Tubelis is a decent, maybe even good athlete, but not great, thus Murauskas physicality leaves some questions when he will reach real PRO level (even though LKL remark was irrelevant at this point as he didn't have any role this season and it was random, fragmental experience not worth evaluation at any degree), but despite that he's still a standout to a certain level surely. Another concern is his agility, he's not lightening agile even for 4 position (again, I can only lough to the face of those Lithuanian coaches who treated him and still probably treats him as swingman a la Rokas Giedraitis, jezz...) and he should realize he should be building his identity as crafty insider, post reliant big, cause neither he has elite shooting or agility and ball handling to be true threat at the perimeter. With that said, I think Tubelis, Murauskas, Lelelavicius, Rubstavicius, Marciulionis starting five should be great. All players are capable to bring defensive presence, all players are aggressive offensive players, all players have certain IQ (even Murauskas can be a good passer when he wants it) and basically all can go ISO. This might be the most universal and most talented starting 5 we ever had in Youth team.

Paulius Murauskas

Paulius Murauskas is a post-reliant 4 or an undersized 5 who may have trouble breaking through given his physical limitations in terms of quickness and vertical ability. I have worries about his projection as a guy who used overpowering strength for a lot of his success at lower levels, an advantage that is seemingly already starting to disappear and will likely continue to do so at higher levels. Murauskas can handle the ball and make plays off the dribble but he has struggled to do so at the LKL level so far as professional defenses aren’t nearly as phased by a 6′ 9″ ball handler. His smooth movement and knack for scoring are really intriguing and make him someone certainly worth keeping an eye on, especially as he appears on track to play a full-time role for Žalgiris in the LKL and Euroleague.

https://id-prospects.com/potential-s...lius-murauskas

Matas Buzelis might be a 5 stars college prospect. Continues to impress. Currently thin frame raises some questions, but there probably wasn't any other Lithuanian prospect who would be so widely hunted and discussed in NCAA circles. Maybe Iggy. However, we never had 5 stars prospect, IMO. Young Arvydas Sabonis would surely be 5 stars prospect But that's about it, I guess. Let's see what comes from that. It's good that Buzelis' father directly worked in the NT so the ties are pretty obvious and he shouldn't slip from a hand if he's a stud.

“Already ranked No. 46 overall in the class of 2023, I could see Matas Buzelis making a pretty sizeable jump. At 6-foot-8 with a high level of skill and some tenacity to the way he plays the game, to me he is a guy that could ultimately merit some discussion for five-star status. Now, he’s not there just yet but as he fills out his skinny frame and continues to get more consistent as a scorer, then he could very well get there.”

https://insidetheloudhouse.com/2021/...ay-five-stars/

Matas Buzelis, F- Not only do I like where Buzelis currently is as a player, I love where he could be a few years from now. He’s just scratching at the surface. At this point he’s darn near 6-foot-9 and has some legitimate guard and wing skills with the ball in his hands. He’s creative with the ball as a handler and passer, has a competitive streak to him and hasn’t even come close to filling out physically. He has skill, is already pretty productive and has lots of room to grow into his body. That’s a potentially scary combo. Illinois, Kansas, Nebraska, Providence, Syracuse and Wake Forest all in early with offers.
    https://247sports.com/college/basket...uts-166365153/
    Last edited by Straight forward; 06-13-2021 at 05:06 PM.

Watched U19 vs Latvian U19. Tubelis is a beast, didn't play much, but he is set to dominate, flat out. Huge loss is that Murauskas out. With him the frontline would have different dynamics and scoring threat, now super heavy weight will fall on Tubelis. I'm surprised how nicely Rubstavicius develops. He made huge strides this season, seems much more bigger, tougher and more aggressive. Should be among three best players on the team, IMO, along Tubelis and Marciulionis (the latter joined the team recently, looked a bit rusty, I think added couple of kilos which is good, first gear action). I think Rubinas is all about buckets. Managed to drop double digits in 13min. Very skilled scorer, I think he can reach as high as Lekavicius, wouldn't be surprised at all. I didn't see Pivorius, but he played well in previous game, dropping 19pts. The backcourt is really great. Rubinas and Pivorius might be soft at D, but they can get buckets and as backups they are just luxury. I would want a bit more confidence and aggressiveness from Lelevicius. Very competitive tournament, hard to project anything, but if Murauskas was there, I would call it contending team, now it's just very very competitive team still. Looking forward how we will look against USA with a bit more spot on rotation. Today all 12 players played and all scored.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Straight forward View Post
    Huge loss is that Murauskas out.
    What happened to Paulius Murauskas?

Quote Originally Posted by Hepcat View Post
    What happened to Paulius Murauskas?

Injury it seems. It sucks cause he was coming back after the injury recently. Not good indications, but maybe nothing serious.

Another word on Murauskas. I agree that 2 upcoming season will determine what's his upside, but he's remaining among top 2004 prospects Europe wise (Victor, Nunez being the best of it, I think). Seems like injuries started to follow him, hopefully will shake it off, will stick to serious working ethics. It would be a shame if we would lose him as prospect, it's not so often we have a prospect which is treat as top 5 in his age group Europe wise.

Paulius Murauskas: 6-foot-8 | U18 Zalgiris Kaunas | Forward | Age: 17

Coming off a minor knee injury, there were some questions if Murauskas was going to be ready for ANGT. He played for a limited time, and couldn’t find his rhythm. As one of the top players in the 2004 generation, it was not easy for him to assume the offensive load needed for Zalgiris to win games, and they lost all three contests. He started well by scoring 7 points in the first quarter vs U18 Real Madrid, but finished with 9 points and 5 rebounds in 20 minutes.

All through the tournament, he looked out of sync with the rest of his team, and with his lack of conditioning, he wasn’t able to create or make his shots. I could see the disappointment on his face, and as the losses piled up, he started to isolate himself from the rest of the group. Murauskas gave his best efforts against ASVEL, and even if he could have done more, you can see that once he’s locked in it’s pretty difficult to stop him (27 points and 6 rebounds in that game).

I’ll be watching his development closely, and how he is going to bounce back from Valencia. With a player of that level, you might wonder what his transition will be within the next two years, as he needs to step into a program where he can play relevant minutes while facing adequate competition. Murauskas averaged 16.3 points and 4.7 rebounds in 24 minutes, making 4 of 15 shots from three.

https://www.basketballnews.com/stori...yers-stood-out

Kulboka leaves Bilboa (Masiulis coming instead for Bilbao it seems). IMO, it's very correct move. Either it's NBA two ways contract (playing both NBA and G league) with Hornets or some EL club, he has to move forward. His improvement was slighter than I expected, but I guess he himself feels that there's no much room for him to grow in Bilbao, maybe the usage of him also was a little bit one-dimentional. In NBA wider court he should utilize the space better, I think will show his underrated at athleticism in the open court as well. Having to see how we continue to struggle with any shooting bigs, Kulboka may still be very relevant piece as a stretch 4. Good luck for him. Seems to be perfect situation for both Kulboka and Masiulis, cause staying in Lietkabelis would be huge stagnation. 1-2 upcoming years will determine if Kulboka reaches that truly high level and snatches long term spot in the NT, or he will remain a player without the position, a tweener.

https://www.eurohoops.net/en/nba-new...among-options/

Quote Originally Posted by straight forward View Post
    ... Masiulis, cause staying in lietkabelis would be huge stagnation
    acb + ec/cl >>> lkl + ec
    acb > lkl + ec

acb + ec/cl >>> lkl + ec
    acb > lkl + ec
    OK. Still though, a step forward.

U19 tean loosing last friendly game to Estonia ( older Estonians to be fair) doesn't look optimistic. Maybe they were upset not to play against USA instead?

Anyway, i don't like the roster, it's very unbalanced. Too many point guards (they will need to play sg of course) and a lack of forwards and bigs.

PG: Marciulionis, Rubinas, Stenionis, Kneizys, Sargiunas
    SG: Pivorius
    SF: Rubstavicius (SG), Lelevicius
    PF: Preibys, Krivas
    C: Tubelis (PF), Jocius

Without Tubelis it would be very mediocre on the paper.
    Last edited by Dreamcatcher; 06-30-2021 at 05:46 PM.

Minute distribution 3 years ago
    5: Tubelis - 23 min, Tubelis2 - 12, Zikas - 7
    4: Preibys - 22, Repsys - 17
    3: Jonauskas - 16, Rubstavicius - 12, Butkus - 12
    2: Pivorius - 22,
    1/2: Rubinas - 22, Marciulionis - 22, Makauskas 12 (or was he SG?)

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamcatcher View Post
    U19 tean loosing last friendly game to Estonia ( older Estonians to be fair) doesn't look optimistic. Maybe they were upset not to play against USA instead?

Anyway, i don't like the roster, it's very unbalanced. Too many point guards (they will need to play sg of course) and a lack of forwards and bigs.

PG: Marciulionis, Rubinas, Stenionis, Kneizys, Sargiunas
    SG: Pivorius
    SF: Rubstavicius (SG), Lelevicius
    PF: Preibys, Krivas
    C: Tubelis (PF), Jocius

Without Tubelis it would be very mediocre on the paper.
    Australia just beat USA and we had legitimate chance to take down Australia down few days ago. The team has upside. The thing is that even such guys as Sargiunas can score, even if I'm not a fan of his ultimate chucking. If he gets going he can be a threat, but he also can ruin team's chemistry and drag the team down. Obviously now he will be used at SG more I think. There's a lot nominal PGs on the team, but only Marciulionis as serous facilitator, IMO, cause Stenionis and Kneizys lacks talent generally and Sargiunas, Rubinas are more of a scorers (like Lekavicius in comparison). You probably right that now Rubstavicius will play more at 3. The loss of Murauskas is pretty huge at this point, let's hope Lelevicius and Rubstavicius will have a good tournament. IMO, it's strange that we took so many guards, I'm not a big fan of Stenionis and Kneizys. If the fatty will play Marciulionis, Rubstavicius and Tubelis 20min each he can GT*A Specially if it's the games against key opponents and knock out stage. I hope to see a bit of PRO coaching, not just a fucking high school classes competition kinda game when everyone just taking their chance to get their feet wet and somehow our U16 is being handled this way. Play your best players, that's the priority, grab a medal, that's second priority.

I think Mockus could be there. A sturdy wing who now could play some 3 would surely be more handy than those scrub PGs that I don't know what they will be doing there if playing any. Injuries screwed it up a little bit for fatty.

Last two to go were Jonauskas and Mazeika. Jonauskas played 28 minutes total this season in NCAA and Krivas judging by highlights looks like taller version Mazeika. Neither look like PF

Krivas: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDYZAe2wJB4
    Preibys: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eN-fajlIhfc

Preibys can really shoot (20/21 NKL - 43%, 20/21 RKL - 33%, 19/20 RKL - 51%, 18/19 RKL - 41%, 18/19 MKL - 43, 17/18 MKL - 44) , Krivys and Jocius don't shoot a lot but percentages are quite impressive
    Last edited by LuDux; 07-01-2021 at 11:20 AM.

Dovydas Giedraitis moves to "Gran Canaria". Love this move, the kid will stay in ACB. Hope will stay healthy for the whole season and will continue to improve. I still treat him as potentially very interesting piece for the NT in the future.

"Vienas lauke - ne karys" describes the game against Canada and a big performance by Tubelis.
    Last edited by Dreamcatcher; 07-03-2021 at 09:58 PM.

Page 139 of 141 FirstFirst ... 3989129137138139140141 LastLast