This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Straight forward View Post
    But I support the coach playing our STUDS hell or high water. That's the right attitude.
    Yes, play the studs, absolutely but the studs are determined by their play for the team and not the rep that they brought with them to the team.

Originally posted by Straight forward View Post
    First priority for Youth team is to develop best individuals. To bring something to the senior NT. Winning medals is surely second priority and that's how it should be.
    I disagree. Developing players for the senior team is indeed nice but I'll take medals anywhere, particularly these days.

Last edited by Hepcat; 07-30-2021, 06:37 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hepcat View Post

I disagree. Developing players for the senior team is indeed nice but I'll take medals anywhere, particularly these days.
      That's one of the reasons why we suck at ISO strong players. This way you only go against something that we have been doing right lately and that wasn't much (Javtokas and even current federation talk about it explicitly). And for the last, Velicka, ultimate ISO guy at times in YOUTH basketball brought 4 medals.
      LTU NT will snatch Eurobasket 2029 title with this roster:

Jokubaitis, Marciulionis, Laurencikas
      Indrusaitis, Brazdeikis, Rubstavicius
      Buzelis, Lelevicius
      Murauskas, Sirvydis
      Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

• Greece - Lithuania | 04/08/2021 - FIBA U18 MEN'S European Challenger 2021
        The Moon Is A SCAM(http://www.revisionism.nl/Moon/The-Mad-Revisionist.htm)!

Comment

• This U18 NT barely has standouts. Mockus in a long run might be interesting, he has some athleticism, explosiveness, passing touch, but I don't really see big upside. Butkus is quite interesting, but lacks a degree of coordination and talent. IMO, his current physical advantage will not help much in PROs and even know he doesn't really standout much. Very equal roster of average guys, sort of typical Lithuanian Youth NT which won't give much if any dividends for senior NT. From 2003 I see only Lelevicius as the guy with high upside.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
          Murauskas, Sirvydis
          Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

• Originally posted by Straight forward View Post
            This U18 NT barely has standouts. Mockus in a long run might be interesting, he has some athleticism, explosiveness, passing touch, but I don't really see big upside. Butkus is quite interesting, but lacks a degree of coordination and talent. IMO, his current physical advantage will not help much in PROs and even know he doesn't really standout much. Very equal roster of average guys, sort of typical Lithuanian Youth NT which won't give much if any dividends for senior NT. From 2003 I see only Lelevicius as the guy with high upside.
            You don't know that. There were always those guys who weren't so talented but came up being stronger players than those who projected as some prospects.
            Kuzminskas was an average player in his generation's NT where the big prospects were Vasiliauskas and Janavicius whom you projected NBA.
            Giedraitis is top4 Lithuanian player in club basketball but he didn't even play in youth NT's. (I don't count u20 where he was 12th skinny guy on the bench).
            In Lekavicius's generation all the attention was gathered by Grigonis abd Dimsa. He wasn't seriously countedas a good one before moving to Zalgiris and it wouldn't happen if Kalnietis wouldn't have left.
            It's far from being only about talent.

From those 2003 y.b. players Butkus has the best hand but i also think he will lack fundamentals in a senior basketball.
            One of Butka brothers might be good.
            The same Mockus might be someone like Butkevicius.
            Kiudulas doesn't shine but he has a good body and he can play. It's about work and improvement now.
            Baltrusaitis has a good 3pointer for a pf and he was one of the best here a couple of years ago, but then stopped.

P.S. Does this forum work fine for others?
            Last edited by Dreamcatcher; 08-06-2021, 09:56 AM.

Comment

• It works fine for me as long as I remember to click the "Remember Me" box when logging in.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dreamcatcher View Post
                Kiudulas doesn't shine but he has a good body and he can play.
                And he scored 20 pts against France. He and Mockus were the only guys who could bring any solid numbers in that lost game.

Comment

• Dreamcatcher, I meant that there's no eyes opening studs as prospects now. There's no stand-out prospects, no Kleiza's, JV's, Sabonis' or even Velicka's. As for possible late-bloomers, off course, there's always a possibility and I have admit I didn't watch many of this NT.

But also we shouldn't over-emphasize guys like R. Giedraitis, Butkevicius, Lekavicius, and now probably Kariniauskas. Did they ever become NT studs? No. We have no single example when absolute no-name in Youth level becomes absolute stud in senior level. Kuzminskas is the closest thing we ever had probably, but by no means he became elite or something. He at least had worth mentioning streak 2015-2017, being important role player and even one of leaders in 2017, but that's it. We shouldn't go as far as discussing Rooney's Youth stats, that's complicated data, Soviet NT and shit. I don't want to include Siskauskas as well, cause I think he was just overlooked, no-one knew about him and he was simply not known for basketball schools and coaches (he started to play basketball at 15). The thing is that most NT studs showed some sort of promise at Youth level.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                  Murauskas, Sirvydis
                  Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

• 1959 Chomicius
                    1960 Kurtinaitis
                    1961 Krapikas
                    1962 ---
                    1963 ---
                    1964 Sabonis, Marciulionis
                    1965 Visockas
                    1966 ---
                    1967 ---
                    1968 Lukminas
                    1969 Einikis
                    1970 ---
                    1971 Karnisovas, Maskoliunas, Pacesas
                    1972 ---
                    1973 Stombergas, E. Zukauskas
                    1974 Timinskas, Praskevicius, Adomaitis
                    1975 M. Zukaukas, T.Masiulis
                    1976 Jasikevicius, Jurkunas, Sestokas
                    1977 Kaukenas, Salenga, Slanina
                    1978 Siskauskas, Songaila, Ginevicius
                    1979 Petravicius, Brothers, Laukauskis
                    1980 Javtokas, Macijauskas, Gustas

1981 ---
                    1982 Jasaitis, Delininkaitis
                    1983 ---
                    1984 Jankunas, Kavaliauskas
                    1985 Kleiza, Maciulis, Seibutis
                    1986 Kalnietis, Pocius, Milaknis
                    1987 ---
                    1988 Gecevicius
                    1989 Kuzminskas, Juskevicius
                    1990 Motiejunas
                    1991 ---
                    1992 Valanciunas, Ulanovas, Giedraitis, Butkevicius
                    1993 Gudaitis
                    1994 Lekavicius, Grigonis
                    1996 D.Sabonis
                    1998 Kulboka, Sedekerskis, Masiulis
                    1999 Brazdeikis, Velicka
                    2000 Sirvydis, Jokubaitis, D.Giedraitis
                    2001 Blazevic
                    2002 Tubelis, Marciulionis, Rubstavicius
                    2003 Lelevicius
                    2004 Buzelis, Murauskas, Brazdeikis

Retrospectively looking, I believe that 1998-2004 stretch might be second wealthiest after 1973- 1980.

In other words, we might be looking at 18 years gap between one elite stretch of Lithuanian born talents to another (potentially). It wouldn't be surprise if it's gonna take pretty much 18 years till we again will have truly elite NT. The last time we had elite NT without any questions was 2008, and it was top 4 Olympic NT, and it suggests that around 2026 we may develop into truly elite NT again.

That's only hypothesis. 1998-2004 stretch may disappoint, but it's without any doubt the most stacked stretch of prospects we ever had since 1980. Not only quantity, but quality as well. We have to mind that Sabonis, despite being born in 1996 and not belonging to my marked stretch, will surely be all the time as long as this stretch will be prevailing and likely longer.

However you watch it, there's no so wealthy 7 years stretch of prospect power between 1980 and and 1998. Hopefully most guys will pan out and lift our NT again which is really losing it's positions now in basketball world. In the most optimistic scenario it may be happening faster as we nevertheless remain somewhat boderline-elite despite bad results and just lacking couple of backcourt pieces, but I will be very disappointed if we are not truly contending again on a constant basis in the second half of 20's.
                    Last edited by Straight forward; 08-12-2021, 03:06 PM.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                    Murauskas, Sirvydis
                    Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

• Zalgiris-2 vs Prienai 80 84. 16-year-old Kajus Kublickas: 25 minutes, 23 points, 7 assists

Comment

• Originally posted by LuDux View Post
                        Zalgiris-2 vs Prienai 80 84. 16-year-old Kajus Kublickas: 25 minutes, 23 points, 7 assists
                        In few days he turns 17. He belongs to talented 2004 generation, with Buzelis, Murauskas and others. He's interesting. I spotted him when he played for Zalgiris in ANGT. Can go ISO, fluid athlete. Seems like American type of PG. Prienai may be young and it's preseason, but still LKL team.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                        Murauskas, Sirvydis
                        Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

• For patient followers few highs of Ignas' brother Augustas Brazdeikis. Seems a bit more clumsy than Ignas at 16, but has the same going to the basket and scoring mindset, lefty. Hard to judge from this video, but a chance to see how he looks:

Subscribe for more! also, Follow me! Instagram: eskandysports Tiktok: same Twitter: same Visit Eskandysports.com for more content!

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                          Murauskas, Sirvydis
                          Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

• Interesting first clash between Rytas and Zalgiris second teams.

IDK, why Rubinas isn't in the main team already. Well, OK, for now it's still justifiable as he has to bulk up, but he's 100 times mote talented than some Adomavičius, it's not even close. IMO, long term Rytas option if this team won't screw as always.

From Zalgiris Lelevicius was big. I like how he had 4 steals, he's a good defender. Another 2 ways prospect. What makes me optimistic about upcoming generations is that there's 2 way players in the horizon.

(Realistically we never had many 2 way players ever. In 10's I think we didn't have a single 2 way player par excellence. Closest to that was Jankunas, Maciulis and Seibutis. But all three were defensive players in the NT barely making big impact offensively, with some exceptions as Maciulis in 2015 EB. Now I see Tubelis, Marciulionis, Lelevicius, Buzelis as real 2 way prospects. Players as Jokubaitis, D. Giedraitis, and I would even say Velicka (a bit inconsistent defensive motor though), are close to this definition. This makes me believe we may have more balanced decade.)

Krivas playing really well as 16yo, T. Sargiunas is OK (he was included to the main Zalgiris team temporarily). Too bad Dominykas Stenionis injured, I really wanted to see how he will look this season in NKL. He had very bleak last season playing 13mpg, and then exploded in u19 WC. I want to see if he's a real deal prospect or just was in great shape this summer.

Last edited by Straight forward; 10-11-2021, 11:24 AM.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                            Murauskas, Sirvydis
                            Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

• Early NKLyga leaders

Born 2004
                              Krivas 24 mn, 11 pt, 11ef
                              Keinys 24 mn 7 pt, 6 ef
                              Kublickas 15 mn, 7 pt, 5 ef

Kneižys 33 mn, 15 pt, 18 ef
                              Lelevičius 28 mn, 16 pt, 15 ef
                              Mažeika 28 mn, 13 pt, 10 ef
                              Kiudulas 26 mn, 10 pt, 12 ef

Rubinas 33 mn, 17 pt, 18 ef
                              Preibys 30 mn, 12 pt, 13 ef
                              Montvila 26 mn, 10 pt, 11 ef

Pleikys 31 mn, 18 pt, 29 ef
                              Šimonis 32 mn, 17 pt, 15 ef
                              Leščiauskas 30 mn, 15 pt, 15 ef

Comment

• From all this list I see one premium prospect without any doubts and that's Lelevicius. Krivas is super traditional, there's no much future for such breed. Maybe, there's something in Kublickas also, but Lelevicius is the only one that I would 80-10% sure that he will become long term piece for Lith NT. He is still skinny, but already does many good things. High upside prospect.

Kniezys is simply already bulked and physically matured, pretty good decision maker, but unfortunately obviously too slow for high level.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                                Murauskas, Sirvydis
                                Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information