Page 121 of 121 FirstFirst ... 2171111119120121
Results 2,401 to 2,415 of 2415

Thread: Lithuanian talents.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamcatcher View Post
    to SF

Didn't i write a post many days ago about Zalgiris coaching stuff being a coaching stuff of NT? The key was that they would like to see as many of those who know their system as possible. Is Masiulis a controversal decision? Yes. But is it a possible decision? Also yes. Just like Valinskas or Sajus. They are even more controversal decisions. I can name at least 5 better available centers than the latter. I think you too, but you don't like them as much as Kulboka so you don't care. Also some Beliauskas or Girdziunas would be better options than Valinskas. Or let's say Kairys is out and Birutis is instead of him. Is it OK decision? Yes. But wouldn't it be a worse decision if it would be let's say Gustys? No. But that's Birutis because he relates to them - he's loaned Zalgiris player. If they could they would take Milaknis, Geben, Jankunas. Also a lot says to me how they want to see Jokubaitis. Another coaching stuff wouldn't probably think about him, but he's a pg in Zalgiris system even if he's only 19 and lacks playing time. NT was never so local and related to one team. Is it good? No. But that makes understandable many controversal things. But you go with Kulboka once again and once again. You don't understund the things above, or you can't stick with that, or you are too emotional but anyway you are like a broken radio recently, not the first time though.
    Dude...what a messy post...you could actually compete with Shaw for the trophy No, seriously...I respect your opinion.

FOA, I don't think there's any substantial or worth mentioning difference between players like Girdziunas, Valinskas, Beliauskas. At this point all are sort of Eurocup's material at best and I would simply choose younger, but all of them are pretty much irrelevant regarding NT true level. Where's the controversy? One mediocre guy with limited upside is being replaced with the same kind. Sajus? Name those 5 better ones. All will be the same international scrubs who can find job only in either LKL or some Poland club. I don't really find the connection here. We speak about the NBA drafted 22yo stud who is balling in ACB and you can clearly see that he's a long term NT material with a great upside. Than we have Masiulis who has an upside to be a long term NT material as well. So it's completely whole another level of conversation and the level of relevance. If you can't see that, I can't help. Go and find your inner controversy in the environment of such scrubs as Valinskas, Girdziunas and Co. Eurocup material who will ever see NT if only studs will be injured.

So your priority is to have as much Zalgiris players, or to have the best possible players and the best fit to the puzzle? If the former, than why to invite Kalnietis, and not to go with Lekavicius, Jokubaitis who surely would play under Zalgiris' system much better any moment and at any level. Or why to invite Kuz while you can use Ulanovas and Milaknis at SF. Both any time better for Zalgiris' system than Kuz. The buttom line is that it's a NT, not Zalgiris team. And if I understand why Bendzius is a good fit (because he can shoot), but still exclude him as he's too soft and horrid defender, I can't understand how current Masiulis is a good fit. He can't shoot, thirty % is not serious stuff. D-Mo shoots this way and he's such a bricker. He doesn't special skills 4 like facilitating, being a glue guy or whatever and actually struggling this season. Now it's more than obvious. He was a shadow of himself in KMT.
    Now about Jokubaitis...you missed it entirely. Who do you think is the third best PG in the whole fucking country? Freaking Bickauskis or Janavicius? Dude, after Kalnietis and Lekavicius, Jokubaitis is by far the best PG in the damn beautiful land. I won't say a word about Jokubaitis because the class is here already. I won't say a damn word on Lekavicius, Grigonis, Ulanovas because it's a no-brainer, they are locks under any coach. But it's a NT and not Zalgiris, even if some similarities will appear. Maskoliunas knows that, and he constructs the NT as the best possible NT. He missed that Kulboka is sharply better player this season than Masiulis and he underrates Bendzius defensive issues. That's my take anyway.

There's no other controversies. I never discuss borderliners. None does, because none of them will make much or any difference anyway. Vasiliauskas, Gailius, Janavicius, the same Bendzius never made any difference, even Juskevicius (aside some noise in 2014 group stage) failed to make any difference in real tournaments as 2016 OG or 2017 EB (completely empty in the knock out stage).
    Last edited by Straight forward; 02-17-2020 at 09:26 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The flick from the future...

I see your point. I have my own. I can't fully agree because those scrubs (not respectful btw) can also matter as the details always possibly can be important. Juskevicius's example is good because he wasn't supposed to get to those 12 at all and he wouldn't if not Mantas's injury. But he helped a lot be it a group stage or not. Vasiliauskas who was chosen over him before anyway came up as a worse player than Adas. So it was a clear difference between 2 "scrubs" like you would say.

Also i still think there is some "Zalgiris" in all this stuff and it helped Masiulis to be over Kulboka right now exactly bacause of that. Maybe not only because of that but it took place.

In Jokubaitis case i meant that he is in EL team and is not available at least for the 1st game and another coaching stuff wouldn't bother discussing with Zalgiris when/if they could let him go and simply would take anothet player. That was the point, not because he is not good enough.
    Last edited by Dreamcatcher; 02-18-2020 at 04:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Straight forward View Post
    Come on, Mindozas. Don't be so sensitive when you get the perspective which you don't like, specially when it relates Zalgiris
    So you still acting a fool, right? Pretending that you don't understand what I'm talking about? Ok, pal. Yeah, I'm a sensitive a bit, and there are few things I just can't stand in life - lying is one of them. I can't stand liars. That exactly what your post was about telling (lying) how Zalgiris fans hates him or he was rejected cause he didn't accept Zalgiris offer. That's just pure lie and imagination.
    The rest - I made all my comments already, you simply ignore everything that doesn't suit your opinion, why I should bother then? I'm started to not give a fck too, that's it, that's your problem that smth doesn't suit you, I'm perfectly fine with the way OQT preparation goes, while you can look for problems that doesn't exist, create a stories, lies, convince yourself in some theories, maybe some reptilians has to do smth with it? I don't care, I'm bored to death reading it

Did you watch youth Euroleague qualification final game in Kaunas? Anyway, you began to speak about what i didn't mean.
    Kaunas Basketball schools may not be as good as before right now, if we look at MKL standings or maybe it's Rytas' luck of having Marciulionis and Tubelis at the same time or both, but that's not very important historically since we are talking about twenty-somethings

Gytis Masiulis stats in LKL and cup games last year until and including cup finals, same period this year, this season until injury in December and in 2020, after injury

games
    mpg ppg
    efg 2%-3%-1%
    2018 - 2019/02 26 20.4 9.4 11.5 60-34-78
    2019 - 2020/02 22 22.2 10.1 12.7 56-32-79
    60-35-77
    48-21-86
    CL 2019_____________ ___ 15
    _ 18.2
    __ 6.9
    __ 7.1
    ____ 45-35-76
    CL 2020_____________ ___ 13 _ 23.1 _ 11.1
    ____ 49-23-83
    Last edited by LuDux; 02-20-2020 at 09:21 PM.

Word on Tubelis and Murauskas by ESPN:

Azuolas Tubelis| 6-9 PF/C | Lithuania | Rytas

Fresh off an MVP performance at the Adidas Next Generation Tournament in Kaunas, Lithuania, Tubelis certainly looked like he belonged in a BWB setting full of long athletes. At a shade under 6-foot-9 with a 6-foot-11 wingspan and a somewhat undefined 243-pound frame, Tubelis was able to stand out in Chicago, finishing above the rim regularly, showing his left-hand touch, attacking off the bounce some and playing with energy. More interior-based at this stage, Tubelis still faces questions about his perimeter shooting and what position he defends, but he wasn't overwhelmed at that end of the floor.

Tubelis will have to rely more on productivity than sheer upside to pique the interest of NBA scouts, but he has proved to be a player teams should monitor given his touch and instincts. -- Schmitz

Paulius Murauskas (Zalgiris): The 15-year-old, 6-8 Lithuanian forward turned in a productive ANGT Kaunas, averaging 15.5 points and 7.0 rebounds in just 24.1 minutes. Murauskas is an ultra-confident, instinctual scorer who can put the ball on the deck, score on the block and get going from the perimeter. With that said, he too often looks off open teammates, doesn't always buy in defensively, and will have to become a more consistent perimeter shooter to make up for some of his shortcomings.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...etball-borders
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Mindozas View Post
    So you still acting a fool, right? Pretending that you don't understand what I'm talking about? Ok, pal. Yeah, I'm a sensitive a bit, and there are few things I just can't stand in life - lying is one of them. I can't stand liars. That exactly what your post was about telling (lying) how Zalgiris fans hates him or he was rejected cause he didn't accept Zalgiris offer. That's just pure lie and imagination.
    The rest - I made all my comments already, you simply ignore everything that doesn't suit your opinion, why I should bother then? I'm started to not give a fck too, that's it, that's your problem that smth doesn't suit you, I'm perfectly fine with the way OQT preparation goes, while you can look for problems that doesn't exist, create a stories, lies, convince yourself in some theories, maybe some reptilians has to do smth with it? I don't care, I'm bored to death reading it
    Oh, liars! Big words. Big words. Good start. Strong start. "That's a pure lie and imagination". It's good that such a powerful man as Mindozas exists, who can say what every damn Zalgiris fan think and even to talk in the name of them. What a miracle. No, there's no comments "like Kulboka will be scrub", "he never achieve anything", "I don't trust this guy", ect and ect. I read these for 4 years, but no, there's zero chance those came from some of antagonising Zalgiris fans, Mindozas will come and will say that it's pure lie and imagination (though he doesn't even read comments, like comments are imagination also I'm guessing), he'll say what Maskoliunas thinks, what Zalgiris thinks (regarding Jankunas contract and about damn every other thing) and what every damn Zalgiris fan think too. What a glorious insider! I would even call pure insider. The one who always give hints that he does have all the inside information, but not necessary spread it and share with you. All you need to know is being known and said and if you think otherwise you simply ignore or don't understand or playing a fool, you don't know what Mindozas knows, because he knows all and there's no need to know about what Mindozas doesn't known or that he may acknowledge that he knows that he doesn't know (rephrasing Socrates).

Don't give me no bullocks like you already gave your arguments. You gave zero arguments. "I guess Masiulis was taken instead of Kulboka". That's arguments? You simply ignore the topic or pretending that you already said something. If to you to score 10 buckets in LKL is the same as to score 10 buckets in ACB is the same, or to pretend that there's no distance in terms of quality betweens Kulboka's and Masiulis' seasons in 2019/2020, I really don't even need your opinion on the topic. Keep on the insiders matters, and justify all Maskoliunas' moves instead of watching one of the most successful Lith players this season for at least one game.

No need to replay. We already shared our thoughts on each other. Let's keep it rolling with non- personal threads.
    Last edited by Straight forward; 02-20-2020 at 04:47 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I don't think Zalgiris fans have smth personal to Kulboka. When he left Zalgiris-2 he was 16 or 17 and he didn't have a big playing time and of course wasn't a key player. A majority of Zalgiris fans don't follow a youth team so close so they would care about him. To say more, Kulboka wasn't a very hot prospect so anyway it wasn't a big deal. As for those comments IMO that's a simple crap on Lith bb sites.

I don't think Zalgiris fans have smth personal to Kulboka. When he left Zalgiris-2 he was 16 or 17 and he didn't have a big playing time and of course wasn't a key player. A majority of Zalgiris fans don't follow a youth team so close so they would care about him. To say more, Kulboka wasn't a very hot prospect so anyway it wasn't a big deal. As for those comments IMO that's a simple crap on Lith bb sites.
    I never said Zalgiris fans generally have something personal with Kulboka. I was talking about antagonism towards him, whatever little or barely noticeable it would be, it has been felt and seen for all these years. "Soft, unreliable, strange, ugly, chucker, loser who is lost in his career (all season long in previous Bamberg campaign while he had good season with Italian club)" and so on. These things don't happen with Masiulis f.e. simply because he's Zalgiris guy. Some say they expect more from Masiulis f.e., but never would trash him, even tits in BB sitea barely do that. Kulboka got his stint of antagonism and I don't have the aim here to prove how many of those were Zalgiris fans, but I have little doubt majority of those who anthagonise him are Zalgiris fans. Some of them are inevitably bitter on the fact Kulboka is some sort of gonner and some of them bitter he declined Zalgiris offer this summer. Read comments of that fresh interview I posted. Even neutral fans are barely familiar with him now and reflects only on Youth BB memories and I found it lame as some sort of scepticism and superstition. Like no, Kulboka can't be tough enough, I've seen him at U19 three years ago I disagree that he was no big prospect for Lith ball standards. He wasn't really shinning, but people talked about his upside right from him being 16-17yo.

Whatever, let's leave this shit. I say it's a no-brainer Kulboka had to be in, we highly need what he brings. Well, but he won't at least for now. Let's move on.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Oh, liars! Big words. Big words. Good start. Strong start. "That's a pure lie and imagination". It's good that such a powerful man as Mindozas exists, who can say what every damn Zalgiris fan think and even to talk in the name of them. What a miracle. No, there's no comments "like Kulboka will be scrub", "he never achieve anything", "I don't trust this guy", ect and ect. I read these for 4 years, but no, there's zero chance those came from some of antagonising Zalgiris fans, Mindozas will come and will say that it's pure lie and imagination (though he doesn't even read comments, like comments are imagination also I'm guessing), he'll say what Maskoliunas thinks, what Zalgiris thinks (regarding Jankunas contract and about damn every other thing) and what every damn Zalgiris fan think too. What a glorious insider! I would even call pure insider. The one who always give hints that he does have all the inside information, but not necessary spread it and share with you. All you need to know is being known and said and if you think otherwise you simply ignore or don't understand or playing a fool, you don't know what Mindozas knows, because he knows all and there's no need to know about what Mindozas doesn't known or that he may acknowledge that he knows that he doesn't know (rephrasing Socrates).

Don't give me no bullocks like you already gave your arguments. You gave zero arguments. "I guess Masiulis was taken instead of Kulboka". That's arguments? You simply ignore the topic or pretending that you already said something. If to you to score 10 buckets in LKL is the same as to score 10 buckets in ACB is the same, or to pretend that there's no distance in terms of quality betweens Kulboka's and Masiulis' seasons in 2019/2020, I really don't even need your opinion on the topic. Keep on the insiders matters, and justify all Maskoliunas' moves instead of watching one of the most successful Lith players this season for at least one game.

No need to replay. We already shared our thoughts on each other. Let's keep it rolling with non- personal threads.
    What a desperate personal attack, wow, no need to reply? You actually doesn't deserve most of the replies lately, spamming all the threads with childish obsessions about one or other player and from credible poster turning yourself into some kind of fanatic or how to call it. You were caught lying, pal. LYING. Openly. If it would work in some knet comments which you are reading and probably taking stuff from kids fights there, it won't work elsewhere. I've told you numerous of time that spending time there will hurt you, it does. This "discussion" could've been ended easily, if you would be man enough, you wouldn't be posting your empty-words rants, trying to get away clean form the situation, but just would admit your mistake like a man, maybe which you made in a heat of the moment. That would be respectful act, cause everyone makes mistakes, but not everyone is able to admit it. But instead I saw bunch of excuses and personal stuff like from caught teenager. Shame, really shame

So good part of Zalgiris fans antagonises him
    I never said Zalgiris fans generally have something personal with Kulboka. I was talking about antagonism towards him, whatever little or barely noticeable it would be, it has been felt and seen for all these years.
    How quick that good part turned into barely noticeable...

But at the end maybe they weren't even Zalgiris fans, who knows

Kulboka got his stint of antagonism and I don't have the aim here to prove how many of those were Zalgiris fans, but I have little doubt majority of those who anthagonise him are Zalgiris fans. .

"Lying! Laying!" It's funny how determined you seem talking such things. Like you believe it that everyone should treat your interpretation like absolute true. I found it amazingly naive. It's amazing how you come and spread your knowledge about the player that you don't even know, you don't even follow him and even admit that. How can you know what Zalgiris fans think about him if you don't even read the comments on Kulboka or lazy enough to even get the whole info about him? You haven't even seen him playing for at least a year I assume, but you're first to come and say what's the attitude towards him and so on. And even if I'm wrong with my assumption about how some of Zalgiris fans have bigger or smaller antagonism towards him, don't you find it something a little bit fishy here when you come and talk in the name of Zalgiris fans? Nothing? Not at all, it's all good with you? Dude, that's the level of immaturity and arrogance I never reach. And I don't like your implicit and pseudo righteous carriage all the time. Like "I already said", "you won't understand, so I won't even bother", ect. I may be the jerk who thinks he's smart, but I openly go to the most explicit and most tiresome discussion with even the most stubborn posters and I will consider their interpretation for granted and I respect them with my contra-arguments. While you, pal, may very well don't bother and stick to your short, implicit, arrogant, glimpse giving, pseudo self evident, self righteous ways.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Lying! Laying!" It's funny how determined you seem talking such things. Like you believe it that everyone should treat your interpretation like absolute true. I found it amazingly naive. It's amazing how you come and spread your knowledge about the player that you don't even know, you don't even follow him and even admit that.
    I'm more than determined to talk about the things I'm absolutely sure about. It's not Kulboka's bball skills, it's your lies about views on him from NT, from fans. But probably it's already some 5th post about it from me, you still can't get it that there's no personal thing against a player, but against your lies.

How can you know what Zalgiris fans think about him if you don't even read the comments on Kulboka or lazy enough to even get the whole info about him?
    Lol, that's some funny stuff. How can I know? Really? I'm not isolated from society. I'm Zalgiris fan for 30+ years, visiting games, knowing all the main guys from fans groups for years, who I'm chatting with almost each day, also some guys who works in Zalgiris club, used to go to mutual season ending parties and afterall living in Kaunas, who breathes Zalgiris, where you can talk about the game, club, players almost everywhere, especially if you play on your own like I do. Sure, what do I know if I'm not reading glorious knet comments section when Saras is fired after some bad game or not listening to Rutenis Paulauskas podcast

You haven't even seen him playing for at least a year I assume, but you're first to come and say what's the attitude towards him and so on. And even if I'm wrong with my assumption about how some of Zalgiris fans have bigger or smaller antagonism towards him, don't you find it something a little bit fishy here when you come and talk in the name of Zalgiris fans? Nothing? Not at all, it's all good with you? Dude, that's the level of immaturity and arrogance I never reach.
    You already reached that, you simply didn't notice it, how could you, Mr.Know-it-all? You even know what I watched lol. Is there a member of LT part of IBN you weren't in conflict , let's say in some last half year? Probably not. Some is stubborn, some is too biased, some gives you names... Everyone is wrong

short, implicit, arrogant, glimpse giving, pseudo self evident, self righteous ways.
    Good description for your CV

Velička's 26pts, 5ast, 5reb game against Netunas. Too big, too strong for Neptunas guards to contain. Imagine if Veicka would actually add consistent three point shooting. That would elevate his game to some impressive level. With horrible 26% for three, he still manages to score 11.5ppg (14th in the league). Still 20yo and already among top 10 MVPs of LKL, gotta love the upside. He bounced back after a slump and seems to be intimidating his opponents physically and athletically again:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnOP62QWsvM
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Imagine this projection. The depth chart of 2025:

PG: Marciulionis, Jokubaitis, Velicka, Lekavicius
    SG: Sirvydis, Grigonis, D. Giedraitis, T. Dimsa
    SF: Brazdeikis, Ulanovas, R.Giedraitis, M.Jogela
    PF: Kulboka, Sedekerskis, Masiulis, Murauskas
    C: Sabonis, Tubelis, Valanciunas, Echodas

It sound crazy, but there's a chance all this deep depth chart may pan out into all EL quality, maybe with few pieces hanging in Eurocup.

Compare this to 2015 depth chart:

PG: Kalnietis, Vasiliauskas, Lekavicius
    SG: Seibutis, Juskevicius, Milaknis, Gecevicius
    SF: Maciulis, Kuzminskas, Gailius
    PF: Jankunas, Motiejunas, Sabonis
    C: Valanciunas, Kavaliauskas

Marked ones are Eurocup material (not mentioning 21yo Lekavicius) and to be fair Milaknis, Kavaliauskas and even Seibutis were Eurocup's material for some good stint of their careers. We may have a huge leap talent wise in 20's compared to 10's. I wish I could make any depth chart of adequate coaches and staff members overall who would be relevant globally, but unfortunately it's non-existant basically, we have been living on talent and passion for decades (actually on sweat, passion and hustle in last decade rather than talent) and that will likely be the story again, not mentioning Jasikevicius who doesn't seem to be much interested in NT.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 121 of 121 FirstFirst ... 2171111119120121