Page 113 of 115 FirstFirst ... 1363103111112113114115 LastLast
Results 2,241 to 2,260 of 2282

Thread: Lithuanian talents.

  1. #2241

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Svajunas View Post
    Obviously Sirvydas, dude dropped 25 in friendly. Hoping big things of him too.
    He had a big games in previous pre-season as well, 28pts game if I remember correctly. I doubt he would explode already his season, he is just 19yo after all, but what comes realistically, I expect him holding his ground defensively more and being more physical on his drives, maybe intimidating few guys finishing under the the rim with the lay-ups. Last season he spent too many minutes just staying in the corners as a spot up scorer, he will get his hands full with it again, but more drives and more action with the ball in his hand is what I expect his season as well.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The flick from the future...

  2. #2242
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    25
    Country: Kuwait

    Default

    jokubaitis is a beast. yesterday he came of the bench and made like 4 good plays offensively in a row. the only thing that im concerned about in his game is 3pt shooting. his percentage isnt that low but he doesnt even bother with trying to shoot the ball when he is open. but overall i can already see him playing in the euroleague this season.

  3. #2243
    Senior Member Svajunas's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    783
    Country: Lithuania

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zalias View Post
    jokubaitis is a beast. yesterday he came of the bench and made like 4 good plays offensively in a row. the only thing that im concerned about in his game is 3pt shooting. his percentage isnt that low but he doesnt even bother with trying to shoot the ball when he is open. but overall i can already see him playing in the euroleague this season.
    Yeah, I saw the game too. What surprised me the most was how comfortably he moved around the court with the ball on offense.
    It's kind of sad that he will still be 3rd PG...

    3 pt. shot is not an issue imo. He has somewhat ok mechanics so it should come eventually.

  4. #2244

    Default

    Went to Rytas arena to check things out. I won't comment Rytas roster overall, I think it's a bit worse than last year, but I emphasized my attention to youngsters. Blazevic and Giedraitis didn't show anything to brag about, but hopefully will feel more comfortable with season passing by. Tubelis and Jarumauskas sat of Rytas bench, but didn't play. Sirvydis looks a bit bigger, stronger, but still light on his feet, doesn't seem to be losing any with added muscles which is a great sign. What I loved, he seemed to be much more confident, and even borderline cocky at times which I actually liked. He has that ego differently than Sedekerskis. If the team will give him 15 threes he will shoot all of those and will want more. That's the spirit, man. We now he's a hard worker and his dad, he's in good environment so this attitude only will help him to become a better player. A guy, being 204cm with long arms can put the ball on the floor and shoot off the dribble with the quick release, that's extreme skill. Couple of terrific passes, like terrific. Showed ability to go inside even if I want to see it much more. His defence was OK, didn't mind the contact which I loved. Missed some shots and made mistakes, but he's gonna be a force for us offensively, nothing less that. He won't need more than 2 years to blossom into one of the best NT scorers, IMO. Should be pretty much ready for 2021.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The flick from the future...

  5. #2245
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    25
    Country: Kuwait

    Default

    five with sirvydis, brazdeikis, kulboka, sabonis could be deadly offensively, if everything goes right and everyone reach their potential. but im a bit afraid that lithuania can become italy 2.0.

  6. #2246

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zalias View Post
    five with sirvydis, brazdeikis, kulboka, sabonis could be deadly offensively, if everything goes right and everyone reach their potential. but im a bit afraid that lithuania can become italy 2.0.
    Italy doesn't have a center of Sabonis level We'll see, too soon to speculate, but, the way I project, Brazdeikis and Sirvydis alone can entirely change our face and upside if both will live up to the hype. Those 2 are what basketball is all about today.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The flick from the future...

  7. #2247

    Default

    Seems like Kulboka will have a decent spot in Bilbao's rotation. That's extremely important because last season he was riding the bench. He nailed 16pts against Baskonia.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The flick from the future...

  8. #2248
    Senior Member LuDux's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    2,826

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Straight forward View Post
    Seems like Kulboka will have a decent spot in Bilbao's rotation. That's extremely important because last season he was riding the bench. He nailed 16pts against Baskonia.
    Boxscore: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EEdHFCIXkAA-fQG?format=jpg

  9. #2249

    Default

    Extreme task for Brazdeikis to get any meaningful role in Knicks rotation. 4 solid players in his position + rookie star Barret. Some SF/PF players as Morris and Knox to play SF as well. Brazdeikis would be a hero if he would crack it:

    https://www.espn.com/nba/team/depth/_/name/ny
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The flick from the future...

  10. #2250
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    12
    Country: Lithuania

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Straight forward View Post
    Extreme task for Brazdeikis to get any meaningful role in Knicks rotation. 4 solid players in his position + rookie star Barret. Some SF/PF players as Morris and Knox to play SF as well. Brazdeikis would be a hero if he would crack it:

    https://www.espn.com/nba/team/depth/_/name/ny
    Hopefully he gets traded somewhere else

  11. #2251

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sabiner View Post
    Hopefully he gets traded somewhere else
    Not necessary. NY Knicks is a rebuilding team and Iggie is one of the most promising peaces they have. At SG/SF position this season it will be hard to crack rotation, but he can be a very valuable peace as soon as next year. I don't see as a bad thing for 20yo to play some in G league, and to train with the main team as well, or even play few games during the season. Again, this is only speculation, there's a chance he may stay with the team all season long and to play a little bit
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The flick from the future...

  12. #2252

    Default

    Man, I heard before that Knicks rotation will be sort of unfavourable for Iggy, but didn't expect that it's so hard. Basically they have like 15-16 players who all realistically deserves to crack rotation. At 2 (and I see Iggy more like 2/3 and not 3/4 kinda player) they have 4 players who were +10ppg and eventually probably JR Barrer as a star rookie will start as another peace This is crazy, obviously some players will be traded. At SF Iggy is probably 6th option at the moment Here's a good talk by Knicks fellows, they suggest Iggy to move to G league, but says coach David Fizdale is not a G league guy and likes to keep his players by his side. I agree with the fellows that probably the only way to Iggy to convince the coach is to have massive pre-season. He probably will out work some of those fellows with the effort in practices, but man this is a tough situation for Brazdeikis. If Fiz will keep him on the bench and won't sent him to the G league that will be surely disappointing. "fights might happen, literally physical fights", LOL:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YrlDmqgLtkw
    Last edited by Straight forward; 09-16-2019 at 03:48 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The flick from the future...

  13. #2253
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    12
    Country: Lithuania

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Straight forward View Post
    Man, I heard before that Knicks rotation will be sort of unfavourable for Iggy, but didn't expect that it's so hard. Basically they have like 15-16 players who all realistically deserves to crack rotation. At 2 (and I see Iggy more like 2/3 and not 3/4 kinda player) they have 4 players who were +10ppg and eventually probably JR Barrer as a star rookie will start as another peace This is crazy, obviously some players will be traded. At SF Iggy is probably 6th option at the moment Here's a good talk by Knicks fellows, they suggest Iggy to move to G league, but says coach David Fizdale is not a G league guy and likes to keep his players by his side. I agree with the fellows that probably the only way to Iggy to convince the coach is to have massive pre-season. He probably will out work some of those fellows with the effort in practices, but man this is a tough situation for Brazdeikis. If Fiz will keep him on the bench and won't sent him to the G league that will be surely disappointing. "fights might happen, literally physical fights", LOL:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YrlDmqgLtkw
    When you think logically, you might think that team wouldn't draft someone and give him guaranteed contract just to bench him, but its Knicks. What's the point of signing many veterans? Hopefully he gets at least few good games this season

  14. #2254

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sabiner View Post
    When you think logically, you might think that team wouldn't draft someone and give him guaranteed contract just to bench him, but its Knicks. What's the point of signing many veterans? Hopefully he gets at least few good games this season
    It's a messy organization. Even last year Fizdale tried to figure it out what to do with the team already in regular season, obviously he even said that preseason explorations continues or something like that. Now they have plenty of more or less equal players in some positions. For what reasons? Surely some will be traded, but still the depth is crazy and illogical. There should be some priorities and hierarchy. What comes Brazdeikis I think he's a steal basically, in SL he performed like he's a first round pick, but also they probably thought they may getting a good payer and at the same time will make star rookie JR Barret happy and more home cosy. This will be a dog fight and I hope Fizdale is smart enough to send Brazdeikis to the G league for few months if he won't see playing time for him. Obviously some players won't be happy and complain in the media, maybe even some brake downs inside the team would appear. Interesting situation though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The flick from the future...

  15. #2255

    Default

    Here's Augustas Marciulionis U18 action. Some his reads and decisions are transcendental, you can't learn that. He needs so much work to put on, but if he has the working ethic he can be a heck of a baller:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-EKjPzfcng
    Last edited by Straight forward; 09-16-2019 at 08:45 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The flick from the future...

  16. #2256

    Default

    Obviously in Saras schemes spot up shooter is extremely important so he grabbed Lukosiunas with the main team, probably expecting to make a new Milaknis from him. Lukosiunas might be a great spot up shooter in the future, but literally can't do anything than that. I'm not a fan of these players, but in Saras schemes that's one of main component. However, I'm glad Jogela moves to Prienai as well as Uleckas. Jogela badly needs tons of playing time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The flick from the future...

  17. #2257
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    25
    Country: Kuwait

    Default

    if ziemelis isnt tallking shit and he wants to get an nba team for real, can we expect more lithuanians in the nba? xD

  18. #2258
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    12
    Country: Lithuania

    Default

    Sedekerskis, masiulis, jogėla. Sounds talented af for me. Neptūnas can go strong in the lkl or even champions league.

  19. #2259
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    25
    Country: Kuwait

    Default

    murauskas gonna play in the nkl for zalgiris. thats cool, hopefully he gets playing time, its very early but he can become to a beast.

  20. #2260

    Default

    Seems like Dovydas Giedraitis boy actually making ACB Estudiantes rosters. Super cool. He delivered in all three exhibition game, in tonight's as well with 7pts in a disrupted game because of water leaks from the top of arena. I hope he won't wash the bench though. Playing plenty in some third or forth Spanish league worked wll for him, he obviously looked great for U19 till he sprained his ankle. But if he will actually get some consistent time in ACB, that would be huge for 19yo.

    What I like about him is that he basically already has everything. He has a complete skillset, no issues with the skillset basically. He's playing some real ball and has little issues. He can shoot, he can pass, he play D and he's smart. The good thing is that he can play both PG and SG. Maybe at D he might face some problems guarding super big SGs, but overall he's sturdy and he has fighters mentality.

    I'll count our younger NT members since 1992 and prospects that I see as potential NT long term material to see the possible perspective more clearly (have in mind such player as Paulius Valinskas do no qualify as he doesn't posses enough system IQ, efficient reliable skillset, defence presence to treat him anything much more than some gaps filler like Juskevicius, Milaknis, Gailius, Vasiliauskas and sort used to be)

    1992 Valanciunas, Ulanovas
    1993 Gudaitis
    1994 Lekavicius Grigonis

    1996 Sabonis

    ---
    1998 Kulboka, Masiulis, Sedekerskis
    1999 Brazdeikis
    2000 Sirvydis, Jokubaitis, D.Giedraitis

    2002 Tubelis, Marciulionis

    2004 Murauskas

    PS: Velicka and Jogela do not qualify, but damn close to it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The flick from the future...

Page 113 of 115 FirstFirst ... 1363103111112113114115 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •