This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Straight forward View Post
    Jarumbauskas with u19 laid down u20. 25pts in 22minutes. With Sirvydis out he has the stage to make a name for himself.
    On the other hand, Vilys who also had a very good season in Perlas, can't do the same as Petrauskas benches him a second summer in a row.

U20 team miss Kisunas and as a result don't have any single decent big man - that's too bad. U19 team at least have Venskus who is undersized a little bit, but good.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dreamcatcher View Post
      On the other hand, Vilys who also had a very good season in Perlas, can't do the same as Petrauskas benches him a second summer in a row.

U20 team miss Kisunas and as a result don't have any single decent big man - that's too bad. U19 team at least have Venskus who is undersized a little bit, but good.
      Benched after averaging 5.6 points? How unfair
      The Moon Is A SCAM(http://www.revisionism.nl/Moon/The-Mad-Revisionist.htm)!

Comment

• Originally posted by LuDux View Post
        Benched after averaging 5.6 points? How unfair
        What are those 5.6 pts about?

Comment

• Originally posted by Dreamcatcher View Post

I think Viys should be moved to SG section if Petrauskas thinks Giedraitis is better as a back-up PG. The SG line is not so impressive with Sirvidis and that Zalgiris dude (what's his name?) out. Arlauskas I think out of shape and overrated overall (I wonder what Saras seen in him, aside good fundamentals, I just don't see an X factor, he's not special, IMO). I would use Jokubutais/Giedraitis (PG) and Jarumbauskas/Vilys (SG) combinations a lot, also would use Jarumbauskas as point forward, obviously he's ready to be the main dog along with Jokubaitis. It's only preparation so I'm sure Petrauskas trying to figure this out yet.
          LTU NT will snatch Eurobasket 2029 title with this roster:

Jokubaitis, Marciulionis, Laurencikas
          Indrusaitis, Brazdeikis, Rubstavicius
          Buzelis, Lelevicius
          Murauskas, Sirvydis
          Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

• So tonight is the drafts night. Too bad it's so late, I'm not going to watch it, but it will be interesting. Aside Sirvydis and Brazdeikis, Jogela and Echodas have some theoretical chances to be drafted. Both had workout with NBA teams.

Anyway, the case with Sirvydis is really mysterious. I have little doubt he will be drafted, but now it's very interesting where. I as said, he skipped all workouts which implies he has an agreement. Also I watched this fresh video (the dude is absolutely lost, he has Sirvydis as a bad passer and he "watched him many times in Euroleague" ) and there's interesting information - Mavs international scout Tony Ronzone was asked about Sirvydis and his answer was "I don't wanna say too much, I'm gonna keep it hush hush" which indicates Mavs might be interesting in Sirvydis with their 37pick or that there's that agreement which could spread among the scouts in the NBA Will be interesting to see. Hope bith Iggy and Sirvydis get drafted at the beginning of second round.

The 2019 NBA Draft is coming up, and the Dallas Mavericks hold the 37th overall pick in the second round of the Draft. The Mavs will look to pair Luka Doncic...

Buzelis, Lelevicius
            Murauskas, Sirvydis
            Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

• He's 203-204 without shoes now, according to 15min/24sek

Comment

• Originally posted by LuDux View Post
                He's 203-204 without shoes now, according to 15min/24sek
                And it seems there's plenty of chances not to see him in Rytas next season.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                Murauskas, Sirvydis
                Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

• So the rumour was correct about 37 pick. Too Mavs traded this pick and Sirvydis ended up in messy organization with the Pistons and good old buddy Dwane Casey Obviously that's the highest pick he could get these days and it's good for him. The rumour is that Sirvydis might be starting the season in the D league or even stay with the Pistons. But I think it would be the best for him to sill play with Rytas one more year.

I think now we have 2 drafted wings in Kulboka and Sirvydis who both have realistic chances at least to get a shot in NBA if they will work hard and will stay PRO. Both have what's extremely valuable in NBA today, that's all around skills and most importantly shooting. Gudaitis is also drafted and I also think he had some decent chances to in the NBA if not injury, but overall I see him more of being a Euroleague's player.

Nice to see Brazdeikis being picked 47 by Knicks. It's better than nothing. It's on him proving he can give something to the Knicks.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                  Murauskas, Sirvydis
                  Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

• 6 Lithuania players was selected in first rounds all 6 had seriuos atleast 5 years NBA career.

Sirvydis become 8th player selected in 2 round and only one had seriuos NBA career Songaila.

2 rounders are with big if...or you have to show real results on euroleague level or you have to be really liked by team that selected you to give you a chance.Songaila shown seriuos results in CSKA team before Kings called him to their team.Gudaitis before injury was close repeating Songaila story.

Brazdeikis is older than Sirvydis and is consider weaker tallent? Sirvydis is atleast 2-3 good years away from our nt team so why so much talks about Brazdeikis citizenship? As I understand he nowhere close our nt team level today.Same goes to Kulboka.

But I have to mentione from all 15 ltu drafted players all of them have seriuos career in our nt except for Andriuskevicius.So maybe those NBA drafters understands a little bit

Maybe there is something in Kulboka,Sirvydis, Brazdeikis trio looking to the future,but first seriuos look most likely going to be in 2021 for them in our nt.

2019-2020 years I don't believe neither of them can help our nt
                    Last edited by Shawshank; 06-21-2019, 12:36 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shawshank View Post
                      2 rounders are with big if...or you have to show real results on euroleague level or you have to be really liked by team that selected you to give you a chance.Songaila shown seriuos results in CSKA team before Kings called him to their team.Gudaitis before injury was close repeating Songaila story.
                      Euroleague has nothing do do here. Drafts usually is about potential not a current level. Those players who goes off the drafts and stays in Euroleague are not going anywhere, NBA clubs will catch them later if they want. Drafts is all about grabbing a young stud before other NBA teams garbs him. Other thing, Songaila started to play in NBA as he was 25yo. Sirvydis and Kulboka cases are very much different. One was drafted as 20yo other as fresh 19yo. I assume both clubs, specially Pistons are considering one or maximum two seasons in Europe for those guys to have a shot in NBA. Today you can jump to NBA from nowhere and to play well. Look at Kurucs. He was literally warming the bench in Barsa and next season - BOOM! He's balling in NBA.

Originally posted by Shawshank View Post
                      Brazdeikis is older than Sirvydis and is consider weaker tallent? Sirvydis is atleast 2-3 good years away from our nt team so why so much talks about Brazdeikis citizenship? As I understand he nowhere close our nt team level today.Same goes to Kulboka.
                      You got it wrong here. Brazdeikis is much more ready to NBA than Sirvydis and Kulboka. He's tough, big and polished enough to start playing even next season. He was drafted so low because he doesn't have such a good upside as Sirvydis. He is pretty much done product, he will add a little bit and polish his game, but he is not a great athlete for NBA, he's not a great shooter, he's not a great defender and he has a little bit of everything offensively, but not great at anything. That makes him mediocre NBA prospect. Why we give him citizenship? Because we don't have a bunch NBA prospects and he still has all chances to be a very solid player. The way I see it he's in the category of Kuzminskas type players. That is a borderline or actual NBA role player. Do we have many of that kind? No. So that's why we want to land him in NT, or at least to give him a shot.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                      Murauskas, Sirvydis
                      Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

• From my 6 top Lithuania prospects (Tubelis, Sirvydis, Kulboka, Brazdeikis, Sedekerskis, Marciulionis) 3 is already drafted.

Now heading to the future I have no doubt Tubelis will be drafted and likely even higher than Sirvydis because I think he's the most complete NBA prospect we have. I have no doubt he will be drafted in the second round at least. The way I see it he's the surest NBA material after Domantas Sabonis.

I believe Sedekerskis would have some chances to be drafted late in the second round if next season he would be on a loan to some Neptunas. If not, he will have another crappy year more or less. I believe he's better than some current scouts think. On other hand, basketball gone towards shooting these days and Sedekerskis is bruiser, defensive forward, glue guy.

Marciulionis chances to go to the NBA at the moment is unclear. I have no doubt about his talent, but at the moment he's in some crazy transition body wise. You can literally see month by month how his teenage body shifts Before saying a word on his NBA potential, I want to see how his body will look at 18-19yo.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                        Murauskas, Sirvydis
                        Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

• I had a fast look in last 5 years NBA draft second rounders foreigners how much of them is in NBA today it's like 1 from 5...so I don't wanna hear all that potential crap... I'm looking how often NBA teams really call up 2 rounders European players and its bad %... as said if you show seriuos play in euroleague your chance to get their attention is increasing dramatically.If you will be mediocre in most cases you never even get a chance in NBA as 2 rounder pick.

You can end up in Zukauskas,Javtokas, Seibutis,Gudaitis shoes.2 rounders is far from being seriuos shot, 1 rounder is true deal most players goes straight to nba or after one season.

That Pistons drafted him early in 2 round I give him a shot, I believe Kulboka has no shot to be in NBA

Comment

• I went trough 2010-2017 drafts. 30-60 Euro picks (second round). It's not 1 from 5, it's 1 from 3 quite literally (fucking interbasket cut my job again while asking for a log in, here really should be draft function damn it! ) . So one third of European second rounders have at least 2 seasons NBA careers. Some of those two thirds (out of NBA) spent one season struggling in NBA or still young, some are strong enough to have a shot, IMO, as Janis Timma. I believe at least 50% (if not more) of 30-45 picks goes to the NBA (extended research needed) while 45-60 picks have substantially worse chances to make it.

Sirvydis at 37 has really decent chances to be in the NBA. Again, that's only stats, I watch at what current NBA needs and both Sirvydis and Kulboka are good fit, IMO.

I can't say the same about Gudaitis. I think all what he can expect is to be a trash minutes big, a reserve guy who stands up when some-one's out. Much what Kyle O'Quinn had for the Pacers this season. He's not some super athlete for NBA standards (even though good athlete), undersized, no jumper, no extra skills for a big. A good defender, energy guy, but not a defensive powerhouse for NBA standards so I don't see him having a substantial role.
                            Last edited by Straight forward; 06-21-2019, 08:37 PM.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                            Murauskas, Sirvydis
                            Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

• Musukrepsinis have links to LiveStats of junior teams, if you wondered how many steals Lavrinovic made

Comment

• U15 Siskauskas cup games:

Murauskas is the biggest guy, but he doesn't play a center the most of the time. He dominated in the first 2 games, but not in the final one when a stronger opponent was faced. I liked Klimas who was the best player in the final and deservedly was named MVP as he was solid in other games as well. If he would be highier i would be high on him already.
                                Last edited by Dreamcatcher; 06-23-2019, 10:46 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information