This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here's article about 3 championships before LKL,
    Portale lrytas.lt – speciali rubrika, skirta Lietuvos krepšinio lygos atkrintamosioms varžyboms. Įdomiausi faktai, įvykiai, kuriozai, skandalai – visko būta LKL finaluose per lygos istoriją, prasidėjusią dar 1993-iaisiais.

It mentions Ilgauskas in 91/92 season and doesn't mention Saras at all
    The Moon Is A SCAM(http://www.revisionism.nl/Moon/The-Mad-Revisionist.htm)!

Comment

• Speaking about NKL, today I was in easily the most emotional, crowded and best NKL game ever I had this derby in my mind, but didn't expect to see almost fully crowded Rytas arena and huge drama with the overtime. Some incidents with ultras, but they created a heck of support. Ramanauskas nailed a buzzer beater which silent the crowd, but a heck of a game and effort by both teams.

Aside Tubelis and Marciulionis who were good in the clutch, I have to say Zalgiris' kid Ramanauskas is pretty good. He didn't suck with U19 team either, moves nicely, shoots nicely. Not some big prospect, but pretty damn nice guard. Kozys is clutch as always and a big fighter. I watched M.Kancleris in the half time brake, he has the touch from outside, eventually he might still be very interesting player if he will retain his soft legs with added mass.
      LTU NT will snatch Eurobasket 2029 title with this roster:

Jokubaitis, Marciulionis, Laurencikas
      Indrusaitis, Brazdeikis, Rubstavicius
      Buzelis, Lelevicius
      Murauskas, Sirvydis
      Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

• I wonder what Kleiza and Jarutis think when Vilnius' locals are attending second teams' games more willingly than LKL games, be it once game occasion, but still food for thought. Obviously derby and 2 great prospects played a part here, but the key is still disappointment with the main Rytas team. Here's the key moment of the game:

Buzelis, Lelevicius
        Murauskas, Sirvydis
        Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

• I was thinking about the idea that 2 great prospects ripe together at 2002 age class and came out with the hierarchy of such cases. Here it goes, IMO:

1.Sabonis, Marciulionis 64
          2-3.Kleiza, Maciulis 85
          2-3. Macijauskas, Javtokas 80
          4. Karnisovas, Maskoliunas 71
          5. Brothers Lavrinovic 79
          6. JV, Ulanovas 92
          7. Grigonis, Lekavicius 94

It's funny because there could be much more pairs, but Saras and Ilgauskas separates one year, as well as Stombergas and Timinksas, Siskauskas and Kaukenas, Kalnietis and Seibutis. I'm sure I also missed few from 90's and 00's, maybe you will add some.

Anyway, the fun thing that we have even 4 great generations and pairs coming.

99 Brazdeikis, Velicka
          98 Masiulis, Kulboka (Sedekerskis, Jogela)
          2000 Sirvydis, Jokubaitis, D.Giedraitis
          2002 Marciulionis, Tubelis

I bet 2002 guys can make it to top 5, or even higher. The pair of 2 elite prospects, IMO.

PS: Also Jankunas/Kavaliauskas at 84 (finally I know who are top dogs in my age class )

Buzelis, Lelevicius
          Murauskas, Sirvydis
          Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

• 78 Siskauskas/Songaila
            73 Stombergas/Eurelijus
            85 Kalnietis/Pocius
            82 Jasaitis/Delininkaitis

Comment

• Originally posted by Straight forward View Post
              I wonder what Kleiza and Jarutis think when Vilnius' locals are attending second teams' games more willingly than LKL games, be it once game occasion, but still food for thought. Obviously derby and 2 great prospects played a part here, but the key is still disappointment with the main Rytas team
              Key was that Zalgiris was coming. IIRC they were arranging this support for exactly this game way earlier that latest main team game in Panevezys, after which lot of critics appeared from B Tribuna, for players not trying. On one hand it's great to see such initiative, on other it's laughable to prepare such posters they brought in for a games like this or jump on rival players after the loss. Probably they gave up on trying to bite main team, so only hope was juniors, but still failed.

Btw, nice to see Marciulionis doing so good. I didn't see the game, but stats looks fine and read that he made some big plays at the end. Hope kid will keep delivering

Comment

• Originally posted by LuDux View Post
                78 Siskauskas/Songaila
                73 Stombergas/Eurelijus
                85 Kalnietis/Pocius
                82 Jasaitis/Delininkaitis
                Good find. Siskauskas and Songaila due is truly elite, Stambergas and Eurelijus also legit.

Originally posted by Mindozas View Post
                Key was that Zalgiris was coming. IIRC they were arranging this support for exactly this game way earlier that latest main team game in Panevezys, after which lot of critics appeared from B Tribuna, for players not trying. On one hand it's great to see such initiative, on other it's laughable to prepare such posters they brought in for a games like this or jump on rival players after the loss. Probably they gave up on trying to bite main team, so only hope was juniors, but still failed.

Btw, nice to see Marciulionis doing so good. I didn't see the game, but stats looks fine and read that he made some big plays at the end. Hope kid will keep delivering
                Yeah, probably that's even bigger key, but I have to say I caught young kids in arena already being hyped by Marciulionis. He's not only delivering at the moment, but he has fancy moves like crossover, step back, quick "a la Curry" release from downtown (some goes in, some air balls, but the kid really improving ), so it's easy to fall in love with his game.

Yeah, ultras are basically scums with all the cursing and violent slogans, I wish they could go for aggressive chanting, but without cursing and direct violent chants. Zalgiris kids a bit provoked and sent some signs with their hands while celebrating just next to ultras crowd (can't blame them after chants like "I hate Kaunas so much", "let's smash Kaunas", and that classy "Green b..ch"), but these guys just took the stage for their own show. Support was immense though and whole arena back it up creating amazing atmosphere for NKL game. Felt like old school LKL finals down there.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                Murauskas, Sirvydis
                Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

• I just hope these "elite" managers won't throw Marciulionis now to the main team to ride the bench. It would be so Kleiza, Jarutis and other studs move. Like "Hey, people come to see those kids, let's throw them to the main team", LOL Both these kids are in perfect situation right now and Marciulionis would get killed physically in LKL at the moment.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                  Murauskas, Sirvydis
                  Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

• NKLyga u22 selection

Comment

• Kozys should be in, no brainer.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                      Murauskas, Sirvydis
                      Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

• i feel bad for venskus, you can clearly see that skills are there, but the lack of athleticism wont let him to play at the highest level, unless he masters his jumpshot.

Comment

• Originally posted by Straight forward View Post
                          Kozys should be in, no brainer.
                          While his eff is higher he scores less while playing for weaker team.

How about little comparison game. Kozys = Visockas. Metrikis = Orelikas. Mineikis = Jasaitis. Venskus = Jankunas. Vilys = Vaitkus Vaitkus = Vilys. Tubutis = Brolis
                          Last edited by LuDux; 12-02-2019, 08:06 PM.

Comment

• As per 40 m

Rb per 40 mn
                            Vitalijus Kozys 12.6
                            Tomas Balčiūnas 12.3
                            Simas Jarumbauskas 11.2
                            Einaras Tubutis 10.3
                            Modestas Kancleris 10.0

Bl per 40 mn
                            Modestas Kancleris 2.7
                            Ąžuolas Tubelis 2.3
                            Einaras Tubutis 1.3
                            Erikas Venskus 1.2
                            Paulius Murauskas 1.2
                            St per 40mn
                            Augustas Marčiulionis 3.3
                            Simas Jarumbauskas 2.8
                            Ąžuolas Tubelis 2.6
                            Karolis Sapiega 2.5
                            Matas Vaitkus 2.4

Comment

• I don't buy these comparisons. Too much reductionism for my taste, but just for fun why not. Regarding Venckus I don't treat him as some big prospect. Comparison with Jankunas is too kind, young Jankunas could run as a deer, was fairly athletic, way more skilled, including pretty nifty passing, smart at D. To me Venckus looks like below average IQ traditional bruiser with little skillset, I surely don't buy his super awkward jimmy as well. Solid piece for some...Rytas, Neptunas?

It's good that you brought these stats. Marciulionis is actually leading the league in steals basically. That he can be a dog in defence was obvious in U16 EC. He can become 2 ways beast just as his father was (there's no way he will be as athletic and explosive and as insane hard worker as his father was, but he's more gifted as a point guard, may be more talented overall). He just needs to even more improve his feet work which NCAA suits well for, to improve his stamina and overall physical profile. At the moment he tends to shy away from completely dominating the game standing in the corner and allowing Jarumbauskas to make all his super dumb plays, LOL (), and I treat this as a lack of stamina, but the way he managed to improve his jimmy, specially from downtown, is really impressive. You can see with an eye test his jummy much more polished and reliable now. Hopefully he will end up into the right place in the NCAA. Maybe fathers name and connexions might help to reach very familiar place, like a coach that Sarunas knows personally and would be motivated to work with Augustas.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                              Murauskas, Sirvydis
                              Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

• Dude, A. Marčiulionis is blasting with confidence. Another 2 strong games in 2 days and today with 22pts, 8assists, nailing a clutch three to tie the game against Ezerunas in the last minute with an ISO step back. Eventually Perlas got the win. In last 9 NKL games he nails 20,5ppg, his three point shooting reached 39% in the season (26% last season) and he takes them with absolute confidence now. That's immense progress. Don't wanna jump to some super hype as he still have tons of work to do, but seems like he's a flat out best PG prospect since Jasikevicius.

Shaw's statement that Marciulionis going to end up a bust as Tautvydas Sabonis is bond to become a classic, just to tease my good old stubborn discussion's opponent

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                                Murauskas, Sirvydis
                                Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information