Page 127 of 129 FirstFirst ... 2777117125126127128129 LastLast
Results 2,521 to 2,540 of 2574

Thread: Lithuanian talents.

Off course, Jokubaitis carriage is much better. It's not even a question. I think we are blessed to see such youngsters as Jokubaitis and Marciulionis who just are serious about their work, personality, future. You can feel that they are very in control. I don't think we had such cases previously. I even think Saras was much more headless guy at the age of 17-19. Those 2 prospects are example how far BB culture gone, how much can spot on people around you (as Ronney, Saras) can influence your attitude, working ethics, ect. That's why I'm very optimistic about the prospects at position 1 - we have 2 very talented players with seems perfect mindset. Not to mention Velicka who is more usual human being, just like Kalnietis and other were

I think we shouldn't condemn Sirvydis. That's what you're talking about may be things that will hurt or may not. He simply watching a lot of NBA, he's social networks guy, all that stuff. If he rises his hands in a fancy (nba) way after the dunk, it not necessary destined to hurt his career Jokubaitis was waving his hands when got it going against ALBA in fully crowded Zalgiris arena, you know

What's makes me optimistic that the guy really is different on the court than off the court. He actually is a high IQ player, very mature for his age. He does many things on the court, like passing the ball, rotating to the right spots, now playing decent defence. The comparison to some Adriuskevicius is really not a spot on. Sirvydis already seen things as PRO and he' heading to lower league now and actually adapted well to very strict and difficult role. The worst thing to happen is to completely wash the bench. And such things happen. F.e. 19yo Kulboka was dropping 10ppg/5rpg for SikeliArchivi Capo d'Orlando (ITA) in CL, and as 20yo he was washing the bench of Bamberg in the same league. He just jumped on a young and clueless coach who didn't have balls to trust young talent. I hope that legendary Oded Kattash is different.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The flick from the future...

To Shawshank
    Sirvydis has been a bad Rytas player this season (let alone the age). Some people (not you) likes statistics, so in
    LKL he averaged less pts than Blazevic. Rytas wanted to reduce his salary. It's obvious things weren't good for him in this team. If there is a club who is ready to pay a buy out which means they want him that's a solution for both sides. It also will answer some questions. I wanted that to happen many time ago because at one point i didn't believe anymore in him in this team.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamcatcher View Post
    To Shawshank
    Sirvydis has been a bad Rytas player this season (let alone the age). Some people (not you) likes statistics, so in
    LKL he averaged less pts than Blazevic. Rytas wanted to reduce his salary. It's obvious things weren't good for him in this team. If there is a club who is ready to pay a buy out which means they want him that's a solution for both sides. It also will answer some questions. I wanted that to happen many time ago because at one point i didn't believe anymore in him in this team.
    FOA, Blazevic is a stand-out as well. SOF, Sirvydis was better in Eurocup than Blazevic and Eurocup>LKL. Lastly, Blazevic covers center role, and not to take anything away from him, if I'm not wrong I ranked him higher in prospects' season rankings, it's less complicated position than Sirvydis was covering.

To me it doesn't really make sense to say that 19yo Sirvydis was a bad player this season for Rytas. I mean totally. You don't expect leadership from 19yo unless he;s some sort of Doncic. If Rytas expected that he will be putting extreme numbers in both league like stud, playing limited 15-17min, and than Pistons will pay the buy-out, that's too bad for naiveness.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Straight forward View Post
    FOA, Blazevic is a stand-out as well. SOF, Sirvydis was better in Eurocup than Blazevic and Eurocup>LKL. Lastly, Blazevic covers center role, and not to take anything away from him, if I'm not wrong I ranked him higher in prospects' season rankings, it's less complicated position than Sirvydis was covering.

To me it doesn't really make sense to say that 19yo Sirvydis was a bad player this season for Rytas. I mean totally. You don't expect leadership from 19yo unless he;s some sort of Doncic. If Rytas expected that he will be putting extreme numbers in both league like stud, playing limited 15-17min, and than Pistons will pay the buy-out, that's too bad for naiveness.
    I don't know what exactly Rytas expected but i know that they were not OK with him last season. It's needed to say that we may not see some complicated things that can take part in trainings, etc. Fans also expected much more after the season before. Personally i didn't like one thing the most about him: why the guy who can drive and who is fast enough 9 times out of 10 decides to make a triple. I didn't want to make a conclusion that he was lazy because knailing a three is easier than running and a contact play but anyway it made his game limited and predictable.

Mačiulis on Kulboka "Definitely not a future PF. He is a shooting guard-small forward. Lack of strength, lack of everything, definitely could not play as a Power Forward".

Interesting and i would say a bit unexpected thought

Quote Originally Posted by ZaliaBalta View Post
    Mačiulis on Kulboka "Definitely not a future PF. He is a shooting guard-small forward. Lack of strength, lack of everything, definitely could not play as a Power Forward".

Interesting and i would say a bit unexpected thought
    I respect Maciulis opinion, however I believe he surely didn't follow him this season and he's an old timer. It's crazy how BB people are late with changes. To brag about that 206cm dude with some 105-108kg won't be able to cover 4 position in the era when P.J. Tucker and D. Green playing 5, really sounds outdated. Anyway, the thing is that most people didn't see Kulboka playing D this season in ACB, but they are bragging all over about their "general impression" from some Youth tournaments. To say more, there won't even be bruisers at 4 in the very shot future. In NBA those already nearly gone. 4 will play the guys like Stombergas, Karnisovas, Jasaitis. The only question is about DEFENCE. Bendzius can't play D, so he can't play 4. Kulboka does play D, so he can play 4. Stombergas, Karnisovas, Jasaitis would be a very nice 4 today, because all of them could play D.

And to be honest, I'm disgust how basketball people are so not up to date. Maciulis just said non-sense. Current Kulboka is not a wing, simply not. He's a combo forward, and more of a stretch 4. The thing that he said, reflects 18yo Kulboka, not 22yo Kulboka. I hate how BB people allow themselves to say bullshit. I really expect precise and spot on opinions from such calibre people. Like I respect Kazlauskas, but I hate when he allows him self to say some complete nonsense about just ended WC 2019. I mean, dude...When Professor enters auditory to give a lecture, you don't expect him to confuse existentialists with postmodernists, you expect absolutely everything spot on and even something extra. Off course, with Kazlauskas it's a rare exception, with Maciulis hopefully as well, even though he always was a little bit of a sloppy mouth.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

SF always knows better than Kazlauskas than Maskoliunas than Maciulis jeaazz)

Let the man talk here he knows everything doesn't matter that facts ,history or players themself say diffrent things how in reality it works.

Let SF imagine his world of basketball how it works

From podcast Kulboka looks like good youngster even he understands his level in right way at his early stage of his career differently from some of his fans

After first season playing PF position in running and shooting style and have ratio shooting: 4 trees and 1 two point shots in 5 shots he took this season, shows where likes to play and where is his advantages. It's definitely not inside neither in offence,neither in defence.

Shaw, why do you have to knee and pray only because you see the name? Who cares whenever it's Kazlauskas, Kleiza or madmax said a nonsense? A nonsense is a nonsense. If you take everything from big names without critical judgment than you're still in naive stage. Kulboka played SF in Bamberg and PF in Bilbao. Hornets also tries to make stretch 4 out of him. Kulboka said it himself. That alone makes Maciulis statement nonsense.

Stretch 4 shoots threes mainly, that's his job. Stretch 4 shouldn't play inside if you haven't yet noticed.

Let's make it clear - how many games you actually seen of Kulboka this season? Why I feel that you mumbling all this without observing the player this season?
    Last edited by Straight forward; 05-25-2020 at 02:22 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Tubelis seems to go to Arizona. I wanted him to stay in Rytas more than all other youngsters combined, but i hope NCAA will be a right place for him.

Tubelis seems to go to Arizona. I wanted him to stay in Rytas more than all other youngsters combined, but i hope NCAA will be a right place for him.
    Arizona or Arizona state? I hope not to the wildcats...

Quote Originally Posted by Toruko View Post
    Arizona or Arizona state? I hope not to the wildcats...
    If wildcats study and play in NCAA then to them.

If wildcats study and plays in NCAA then to them.
    Both do it. Coach Sean Miller collected all high ranked international prospects. There was a scholarship left. I am afraid the wildcats are targeting him...

He will have a good fight against Daniel Batcho, Kerr Kriisa should be known in Lithuania. Our guy from Europe Tibet Gorener is also their as stretch four. What a team they built up... It will be a hot fight to get the starter spot.

Quote Originally Posted by Toruko View Post
    Both do it. Coach Sean Miller collected all high ranked international prospects. There was a scholarship left. I am afraid the wildcats are targeting him...

He will have a good fight against Daniel Batcho, Kerr Kriisa should be known in Lithuania. Our guy from Europe Tibet Gorener is also their as stretch four. What a team they built up... It will be a hot fight to get the starter spot.
    I don't follow NCAA closely, but it should be one where some other hot European prospects played like finnish Markkanen did.

I don't follow NCAA closely, but it should be one where some other hot European prospects played like finnish Markkanen did.
    Wildcats are in the Power 5 top conferences with a great program and great facilities. Some new names who are from Arizona are Aaron Gordon, Nico Mannion, Markannen, Iguodala, Deandre Ayton...

Shaw, why do you have to knee and pray only because you see the name? Who cares whenever it's Kazlauskas, Kleiza or madmax said a nonsense? A nonsense is a nonsense. If you take everything from big names without critical judgment than you're still in naive stage. Kulboka played SF in Bamberg and PF in Bilbao. Hornets also tries to make stretch 4 out of him. Kulboka said it himself. That alone makes Maciulis statement nonsense.

Stretch 4 shoots threes mainly, that's his job. Stretch 4 shouldn't play inside if you haven't yet noticed.

Let's make it clear - how many games you actually seen of Kulboka this season? Why I feel that you mumbling all this without observing the player this season?

Maciulis played inside game for the last 15 years i trust his words about element and area that allowed him to become millionair.
    But hell you know better who can defend inside and who cant as always

Kazlauskas have said once i dont see Orelikas guarding Spain PF P.Gasol or France PF Diaw.

I can ask same question do you imagine Kulboka/Masiulis/Bendzius types shooting bigs guarding Australian PF Landale, Spain PF Mirotic or Serbian PF Bjelica/Jokic in 2021 Olympics? I dont.In same i didnt saw putting Kuzminskas mainly as PF will work.

I would rather guard PF position with undersized our Sf wings those limited 8-12min that what was working in 2019. Maciulis/Ulanovas are grown ups men and have real toughness in them and made their living playing inside than see Kuzminskas + one more weak ass youngster or Bendzius pushed around in same time. Australians always outpushes our team because they have real strong men there.Youngsters wont help us in that type of fight.

Youngsters can help in running style game versus teams like Spain/Italy/Argentina,but when we meet wrestlers from australia/serbia or athletic jumpers from Usa/France/Nigeria we need real men strenght to literally fight for every cm inside

Kulboka for 21 years of his life played SF wing game, in last year he become PF in one system and still was shooting trees all season atleats looking at his shooting ratio. Yes that good for offensively for streach four,but dont tell me learn how to defend PF inside in 9 months.I dont buy that. It takes way more time for such adjustment fully make.

You dont need to watch acb games every week to understand playing style if you watched spanish NT playing for last 15 years.I can imagine why Bendzius/Kulboka/Kuzminskas had good seasons there it fits their playing styles.But that doesnt mean that style works everywhere that well.And we saw that with Kuzminskas/Bendzius careers.
    Last edited by Shawshank; 05-26-2020 at 12:12 PM.

Kulboka played 21,5min was scoring 8,5pts in 35% 3point shooting in those minutes his team with him was -0.7pts and his eff aver. was 6,7

so he is scoring more points that his eff is.It shows he was shooting 3s and thats it no all around element...0,3 asist and 3,5 reb average for PF thats weak. Thats more of Milaknis numbers,making 3s but that it nothing more.

You put so much on Sedekerskis all-around numbers,so why dont you criticise Kulboka on his all around game?

He has good season as for 22 old youngster after sitting on bench last season in germany,but wasnt doing some remarkable things as you trying to picture here over and over again.34 old veteran Seibutis in acb was putting better numbers one season ago and after that season he played 8th-10th players role in NT 2019,but was only half player he used to be.

Kulboka-promising youngster yes, but still had long way to go to be already seriuosly seen in main top8 rotation player in our NT Olympics 2021.Especially in first summer wearing NT uniform.

It simply doesnt work like that. You dont put Brazdeikis,Kulboka,Jokubaitis youngsters types in their first summer with NT and they will start balling againts experienced euroleague/nba players yeah right only in Sf world

In real world if they will be lucky enough and would be able show good parts of themself and wont crack under mental pressure they will end up with 10-12th players role.
    Last edited by Shawshank; 05-26-2020 at 01:09 PM.

Shawshank,

So you're saying you didn't actually watch Kulboka playing this season? That's just classy, man. You speculate about the player, but refuse to actually observe and evaluate players defence. That's not serious, man.

Kazlauskas said that when small ball was just growing it's tale, it wasn't pre-occupied as it is now. Also Orelikas was chubby, non-athletic 2m tweener who had bad defensive instincts. Kulboka is rather athletic 206cm CF with solid defensive awareness and good defensive motor. Once again, don't put Bendzius and even Kuzminskas here, Kulboka is simply better defensive player. He has defensive motor and pretty solid awareness. You can't teach defensive motor, you either have it or not. I saw plenty of Kulboka's ISO defensive situations in the paint and he stood decently. He never will be as good defender as some prime Songaila, or prime Maciulis, but he is a solid defensive COMBO FORWARD (SF/PF) who can hold his ground defensively at the decent level even if he goes against really big PFs like Mirotic, Trey Thompkins (Real). Bu against really big dudes as Landale (who is center in today's ball) you surely don't put Kulboka, you put Sabonis or even Gudaitis.

Whenever it's ACB, EL or LKL, the post up ISO defensive situations are the same. You either have positioning, size and awareness to hold your own or you don't. Just stop speculating, Shaw, watch actual ball game

Look I'm not saying Kulboka would come and light the world on fire in NT. I'm saying to me it seems he's more interesting and already slightly better piece than Maciulis (who was 8-10th player in WC). Maybe I'm right, maybe not, but that's my opinion. As for efficiency, ACB counts that in their own way and numbers are not high. F.e. Kuzminskas' ACB career eff is 7,9. Jonas Maciulis ACB career eff is 5,5. Kulboka won't be filling efficiency numbers because he won't be banging inside offensively, he won't collect a lot offensive rebounds. He will be stretching the floor mainly in his career, couple drives, that's it. That's his role offensively. Probably he won't he stepping to the FT line a lot either. He just can be a very good stretch 4 and that's what we highly need and lacked for whole 10's since Kleiza collapsed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I watched the movie "Marekas" and despite a bit cringy things like "our goal is at least top 15 in NBA drafts" I really liked 2 things. First, Paulius Murauskas is basically working with all Vilnius crew guys (this antagonism between Vilnius and Kaunas is for kids really...) and that most talented kids working with Arturas Javtokas, the guy who loves good physical preparation, forces youngsters to seriously work on their body which used to be huge flaw of our BB school. Basically, regarding coaching, there's 2 bright spots in Lith BB recently to me - it's Jasikevicius as truly elite head coach and it's Arturas Javtokas as physical coach. I just found it so refreshing to see Marciulionis, Tubelis, Muraukas working with him...Those are highest upside prospects of Lithuania. Imagine if JV would had worked with him and instead of the fat food belly he would entered NBA as ripped stud That would be something to watch. As for Blazevic, he seems to have good balance between being confident and staying down to earth. We'll see how far he can go:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snZy9d8aMTM
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Finally highlights of Matas Jogela. One of "dark horses" talents who's progress is not tracked as closely as some others, but I like the package he actually has. His pull up looks pretty good. It's crazy how many Lithuanians wings don't really have a fundamentally sound pull up, or any. Like R. Giedraitis, Ulanovas. They basically don't have a pull up, or Milaknis. That alone is a skill. I like how Jogela can go hard to the basket, he's 2.01cm with a long arms, rather athletic. He's taller than Ulanovas, Maciulis, R. Giedraitis, yet can put the ball on the floor a little bit, play p'n'r a little bit. Sneakingly he possesses very interesting offensive profile, yet his D remains the main issue:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzKCvpXaotk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I watched the movie "Marekas" and despite a bit cringy things like "our goal is at least top 15 in NBA drafts" I really liked 2 things. First, Paulius Murauskas is basically working with all Vilnius crew guys (this antagonism between Vilnius and Kaunas is for kids really...) and that most talented kids working with Arturas Javtokas, the guy who loves good physical preparation, forces youngsters to seriously work on their body which used to be huge flaw of our BB school. Basically, regarding coaching, there's 2 bright spots in Lith BB recently to me - it's Jasikevicius as truly elite head coach and it's Arturas Javtokas as physical coach. I just found it so refreshing to see Marciulionis, Tubelis, Muraukas working with him...Those are highest upside prospects of Lithuania. Imagine if JV would had worked with him and instead of the fat food belly he would entered NBA as ripped stud That would be something to watch. As for Blazevic, he seems to have good balance between being confident and staying down to earth. We'll see how far he can go:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snZy9d8aMTM
    Can you tell me more about Arturas ? I have never seen him play at all.
    And let that be a lesson to you all. Nobody beats Zalgiris 17 times in a row.

Page 127 of 129 FirstFirst ... 2777117125126127128129 LastLast