Page 126 of 129 FirstFirst ... 2676116124125126127128 ... LastLast
Results 2,501 to 2,520 of 2574

Thread: Lithuanian talents.

Quote Originally Posted by straight forward View Post
    the level of liekabelis, neptunas is not all that impressive these days.
    These days Rytas can barely win 2nd place
    Last edited by LuDux; 05-20-2020 at 07:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LuDux View Post
    These days Rytas can barely win 2nd place
    Sure. I mean the level is not impressive overall of these three teams and even Juventus being very close to that. Even if Rytas would be a bit weaker, the second spot would be pretty much open. Open for competition and realistic chances to sneak into the final. However, if this move would cost a loss of most Rytas talents, that would be a huge blow by Jarutis We'll see.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The flick from the future...

As i know, Tubelis is going to NCCA, Marciulionis could do the same, but it seems Rytas managed to prevent this. Blazevic has some offers. As for Sirvydis, Rytas isn't satisfied by him and wants to reduce his salary, if he's not agreed, offers him to find another team.
    Personally i'm not fine by Tubelis moving awat that is almost done. He's the biggest Rytas's talent since JV who could crack LKL rotation being so young. I wouldn't be so sad if it would be Blazevic or Marciulionis and i wouldn't be sad at all if it's Sirvydis cause it seems that a buyout wouldn't be a bad deal as he hasn't proved himself at all and maybe he would be able to do that somewhere else and it would end in a proper way for both sides.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamcatcher View Post
    As i know, Tubelis is going to NCCA, Marciulionis could do the same, but it seems Rytas managed to prevent this. Blazevic has some offers. As for Sirvydis, Rytas isn't satisfied by him and wants to reduce his salary, if he's not agreed, offers him to find another team.
    Personally i'm not fine by Tubelis moving awat that is almost done. He's the biggest Rytas's talent since JV who could crack LKL rotation being so young. I wouldn't be so sad if it would be Blazevic or Marciulionis and i wouldn't be sad at all if it's Sirvydis cause it seems that a buyout wouldn't be a bad deal as he hasn't proved himself at all and maybe he would be able to do that somewhere else and it would end in a proper way for both sides.
    Have I missed something, but how do you know that Tubelis is leaving for NCAA? This move however could make sense, because he has a shoot for NBA career.

Also Rytas letting go of Sirvydis? So there's no buyout for him? Why would you let him go, he can't be making any significant money at this point?

Quote Originally Posted by Svajunas View Post
    Have I missed something, but how do you know that Tubelis is leaving for NCAA? This move however could make sense, because he has a shoot for NBA career.

Also Rytas letting go of Sirvydis? So there's no buyout for him? Why would you let him go, he can't be making any significant money at this point?
    Inside info. Tubelis to NCAA almost done unfortunately. I can't say it's 100% though.
    Sirvydis not being letting go, but may leave if he is not agreed to reduce his salary. It is so because Rytas is not ok with his lack of improvement. There is a buyout of 600k for NBA and 200k for Europe.
    Last edited by Dreamcatcher; 05-21-2020 at 10:45 AM.

I have been thinking about how i would rank current prospects projection priority wise and I came up to conclusion that at the moment I would barely could do that. Off course, I woulnd suck so badly as 15min crew did, but it's just that there's not enough of empirical data and some players seem to be sort of late bloomers like Sedekerskis. However, my shot today would be this, projecting players upside:

1. Marciulionis
    2. Tubelis
    3. Brazdeikis
    4. Murauskas
    5. Sirvydis
    6. Sedekerskis
    7. Kulboka

IMO, those are the players who have upside (or higher) of borderline NBA players

8. Jokubaitis
    9. Blazevic
    10. D. Giedraitis
    11. Masiulis
    12. Echodas
    13. Velicka.
    14. M. Jogela.
    15. Rubstavicius

That would be my top 15 prospects at the moment. Also I'm thinking Brazdeikis brother may sneak into top 10 soon when we get to see what kind of a baller he is.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Spot on article by Rytas Kazlauskas on best prospects since 2000 and younger, having a word with some coaches. Except some mess with positions. I can live with current skinny Murauskas treated a combo forward (eventually he won't be), but Metrikis can't play SF. BTW, I think Metrikis is a level below as all other mentioned prospects. Him aside it's surely all top prospects at the moment. Also, funny sentence "if Tubelis will improve his jumper, we may see him in NT one day" Even if he never would shoot, he would be head and shoulders above any other big after Domas Sabonis as a prospect.

https://www.lrt.lt/naujienos/sportas...s-marskinelius
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Straight forward View Post
    but Metrikis can't play SF
    SF or SG, no big difference these days

Kulboka's ACB highlights. Notice how they playing in crowded arena, it's like EL games. I like how he's able to shoot coming off screens. Obviously he will need couple of more kilos and to add more drives to his games, but ability to shoot of screens is legit skill. Not many players are able to do that on consistent and high level world wide. And we seem to ripe three NT players that will be able to do that - it's D.Giedraitis, Sirvydis, Kulboka and those can play in one unit at 2-4. When you have such players you can make sets, you can play some half court offence:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SpNcema-4y0
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

And Sirvydis moves to Hapoel. Wow, I like it. Sirvydis seemed to be stuck in Rytas. He needs to be unleashed, not just to shoot crazy difficult threes off screens. Also, I think it's a good environment for him to grow up mentally. Plus, Rytas gets some sort of a buy-out, probablu 200K which is a lot for such club as Rytas now. On other hand, three years, that's surprising to me, but he will head to Pistons at some point anyway, I'm pretty sure. Hope that Hapoel will play a bit more of American basketball, with more freedom. No idea how they playing now. Hapoel will snatch Pistons buy-out though, most likely

Next should be Echodas to some Eurocup team and likely Blazevic. I think Rytas will find ways to keep Butkevicius and Bendzius.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

This move has nothing to do Rytas with defection to CL, because Hapoel plays there too

True.

The saddest part is that Rytas is not able to keep their brightest talents for a bit longer. Rytas seems to be stuck even with extremely wealthy talent lately. What's their vision? Just to survive somehow? Maybe I'm asking too much, we do live in crazy times and economics may really go down heavily. But as Sirvydis goes, I somehow think it will be a good step for him. Vilnius seemed to be distracting to him and he was filling crazy role for 18-19yo. Let the kid run a little bit, let him mess around and learn from mistakes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by LuDux View Post
    This move has nothing to do Rytas with defection to CL, because Hapoel plays there too
    Yes, it has nothing to do. Rytas could keep him, but wasn't satisfied by him like i wrote few days ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamcatcher View Post
    Yes, it has nothing to do. Rytas could keep him, but wasn't satisfied by him like i wrote few days ago.
    On other hand, Sirvydis could stay if he wanted. He left because he wanted to leave.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Straight forward View Post
    On other hand, Sirvydis could stay if he wanted. He left because he wanted to leave.
    I doubt if he'll get time to play, He is going to be 8th ot 9th in the rotation
    2019/2020:
    PG: Dorsey, Walters, S. Cohen
    SG: Wilbekin, D-Ba, Bryant
    SF:Casspi, Avdija, Zoosman
    PF: Acy, Coloiaro, J. Cohen
    PF: Black, Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by Roy M View Post
    I doubt if he'll get time to play, He is going to be 8th ot 9th in the rotation
    We'll see. He's coming from Eurocup where he was paying well for his age and he's a growing player so it's up to him not that second rate American foreigners, IMO. He's instantly highest upside player in Hapoel roster. It's up to him how much he can add and to be prepared for the season.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

That Sirvydis is most cocky,spoiled youngster in long time in ltu basketball.The kid literally thinks he already a star after NBA draft.If his closest people won't put him down to earth soon his tallent will be wasted.

Rytas was giving 15 min playing time in Eurocup way too prematurely to his today's level,but he thinks he will get more in seriuos foreigner pro club like hapoel ? Yeah right his agents sending him to way harder situation for youngster than it was in rytas.

Jokubaitis is perfect example of good hard working prospect with down to earth character and we see Sirvydis tottaly different example.If i have to bet which will achieve more I always take a little less tallent, but working and down to earth coachable youngster.

This conversation that Sirvydis is completely cocky and has bad working ethics is a bit out of hand really If he would be a lazy prospect, he wouldn't had added muscles, improved D vastly, added contact to his game, ect. First season he started with some 17pts in Eurocup, had some other big games and still 19yo comes to the second season with much higher expectations, adapting to his new body, all around rumours, NBA drafts, opponent scouting and so on. It's really silly when people come and say, hey, he's cocky and shit...Do you ever was in that kind of situation when you are complete kid and all this stuff goes down on you? Even the best characters in sports, as some Mantas Kalnietis, goes through that shit. He admit that after WC 2006 he went through all this, even he needed time, while I think he's one of the most down to earth NT personalities ever. I think we're not dealing with Sirvydis cockiness in the first place, but with false and illusionary expectations. Some people are clueless about the global basketball overall, they think if you drafted, you instantly drop numbers in any league...LOL. Sirvydis was dropping almost 7ppg in 15min with very good shooting. In perspective, such solid players as Simas Jasaitis, at the age of 22 was dropping 7ppg with crappy three point shooting in Eurocup (in 20min). Such players as Jasaitis, Maciulis, Kuzminskas didn't even play in such league as Eurocup as 19yo. Let alone the fact Sirvydis showed things as 18yo already. It's really the easiest way to come and say how this guy is lazy and cocky because he wasn't dropping 15ppg in Eurocup as a 19yo

Does he look like a bit naive and distracted youngster at the moment? Yes. Is that justifiable? 90% of any of us would be more or less the same. Did he still put up nice work? Yes. Is there many players who does what he does at his age? Absolutely not. Will he need to get it over and to become even harder worker to reach to his fullest? Yes. Should we put the stereotype that the kid is cocky as Shaw just did? Absolutely not, most promising players went through this at this age.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I gave same age youngster with totally diffrent body language,mindset kid that patiently waiting for his chance in zalgiris. And you know what eventually we will get that chance because he will earn it.

While the other one walking with his head up like he is Valanciunas or Sabonis seriuos NBA player already even those 2 looks way more down to earth young men looking just at body language.

I see alot of youngster with arrogance,but Sirvydis example and level of that is top 5 I can remember with those Motiejunas,Andriuskevicius,Dilys

Right now Sirvydis is in really bad position mindset wise .I'm not saying it's too late for him yeah it can be Kalnietis example sure, but he need his close people to step up now and put him down or later it will be too late .If they fail to do that it also can be Andriuskevicius type case leaving way too early and f*** ing your career.

Agents don't care about you as human they just want to sell you and earn money.Thats job is of closest people of youngster to put them on correct way.

Now leaving Rytas very questionable desicion.Normal process you leave your team when grow up for higher level, but not when you are just 15 min rotation player with 5 pts average...no logic.That's shows me Sirvydis group is going for fast money,but not looking long picture.

Rytas next season will be weaker it's means more minutes for youngsters.Better that Hapoel coach would be good fit for him that like to work with youngstets or otherwise he will get even lesser role than previous season with Adomaitis that cared about him.
    Last edited by Shawshank; 05-24-2020 at 01:54 PM.

Page 126 of 129 FirstFirst ... 2676116124125126127128 ... LastLast