Page 120 of 124 FirstFirst ... 2070110118119120121122 ... LastLast
Results 2,381 to 2,400 of 2473

Thread: Lithuanian talents.

Quote Originally Posted by Straight forward View Post
    Tomorrow. See how Marciulionis, Tubelis moves at their age group. And see still 15yo Murauskas as well. https://www.adidasngt.com/
    Nice, thanks for reminding this.

All games should be broadcasted live on YouTube, as usual I guess

murauskas is definitely nba level of talent at least imo. can create himself a shot, he is a pretty good passer, decision making and running into the fast break is impressive, good rebounder but his shot selection is just BAD, i hope its just him being inexperienced. and obviously jumpshot looks a bit shaky, he was shooting very well like a week ago and now - only 27%.

Quote Originally Posted by zalias View Post
    murauskas is definitely nba level of talent at least imo.
    At least? What's after NBA? Nah, OK. You, right. I watched his steps in the perimeter and I liked it. Today, if you want to have huge international career as a big, you must be able to step out and even switch, if you can't, you're remnant, the past. Murauskas can move his feet, very good feeling for the game, and shot selection will come with time - he's barely 16yo. Has tons of time to improve his pretty well looking jumper as well.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The flick from the future...

At least? What's after NBA? Nah, OK. You, right. I watched his steps in the perimeter and I liked it. Today, if you want to have huge international career as a big, you must be able to step out and even switch, if you can't, you're remnant, the past. Murauskas can move his feet, very good feeling for the game, and shot selection will come with time - he's barely 16yo. Has tons of time to improve his pretty well looking jumper as well.
    i meant at least a role player xD

As expected Rytas youngsters trashed Zalgiris youngsters. Only Murauskas stands in the same talent category as Marciulionis and Tubelis, but he was too young and raw to bang with Tubelis who dominated again. Despite Marciulionis being washed out physically (he's not at the level were he was in first 4 NKL months leading the club at all), still managed to come up with impressive performance in the final and 18.3pts, 6.5as, 4rbds in the tournament. Struggling with threes 26.7%, but finishing from 2 with impressive 63.3%. He needs to bulk up, but there's no rush. Tubelis was much more fresh because for him its easier to handle NKL season as he's bulked and beefy already, also he was sitting out many games with Rytas jerseys while Marciulionis lead Perslas with the blood and sweet. If in this tournament Tubelis looked like way bigger prospect and efficiency freak, guess who is the most efficient in NKL? It's Marciulionis. The thing is that Marciulionis was gassed physically, banging with much bigger opponents in NKL as the No.1 option took too much from him. For him to get bigger and stronger is next essential thing. Both are NBA prospects, IMO. Tubelis lacks shooting and should polish his skillset more, but has too many interesting assets as a player to be out of the picture of 2021 Drafts. It's a bad timing for Marciulionis to go to Basketball Without Borders camp, cause scouts treats physical preparation highly there, but he'll be fine in the long run. Too bad Tubelis not invited, he would intimidate physically some of American prospects as well.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hope not to heart any hearts here while posting this interview, but extremely relevant, rare and fresh interview with Kulboka:

https://basketnews.lt/news-137314-is...-pozicija.html

I'm starting to understand why Kulboka is overlooked. FOA, people have zero clue about his game and how he actually playing now. They can't push few links and watch ACB. It's inconvenient, and some folks here with serious faces admit that, but still think their word are equally relevant in the discussion of previous issues. Second Kulboka rejected Zalgiris youth system and went to Germany, even more, he declined Zalgiris offer this off season. So good part of Zalgiris fans antagonises him and ignores. Lastly, we have a good old nepotism. Kaunas guy Masiulis receives the spot (guess who's father is assistant) while having disappointing season overall. Even Maskoliunas argument was beyond funny "he was in a good shape before injuries (that is, in the pre-season) and now he's trying to bounce back". Super argument! Let's get all struggling youngsters from Kaunas to get their shape back in the NT.
    Last edited by Straight forward; 02-13-2020 at 08:11 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hope not to heart any hearts here while posting this interview, but extremely relevant, rare and fresh interview with Kulboka:

https://basketnews.lt/news-137314-is...-pozicija.html

I'm starting to understand why Kulboka is overlooked. FOA, people have zero clue about his game and how he actually playing now. They can't push few links and watch ACB. It's inconvenient, and some folks here with serious faces admit that, but still think their word are equally relevant in the discussion of previous issues. Second Kulboka rejected Zalgiris youth system and went to Germany, even more, he declined Zalgiris offer this off season. So good part of Zalgiris fans antagonises him and ignores. Lastly, we have a good old nepotism. Kaunas guy Masiulis receives the spot (guess who's father is assistant) while having disappointing season overall. Even Maskoliunas argument was beyond funny "he was in a good shape before injuries (that is, in the pre-season) and now he's trying to bounce back". Super argument! Let's get all struggling youngsters from Kaunas to get their shape back in the NT.
    Are you trolling here? Cause your words is beyond ridiculous in every way and each of them, starting with Zalgiris fans, whom I know a lot and never ever heard any hint about hate towards Kulboka, actually nobody is really familiar with his story, and finishing with other things, what's happening with you lately?

Quote Originally Posted by Mindozas View Post
    Are you trolling here? Cause your words is beyond ridiculous in every way and each of them, starting with Zalgiris fans, whom I know a lot and never ever heard any hint about hate towards Kulboka, actually nobody is really familiar with his story, and finishing with other things, what's happening with you lately?
    Why do you think something is wrong with me? I'm fine, critical as usual and also this time ironic and sarcastic, but that irony has a lot to do with reality. If our opinions splits that doesn't mean one of us is in trouble. I already said my opinion, I think it's pretty crazy not to take Kulboka to the NT whatever the context, and I stick to it. Objectively, he's having absolutely the best season of all youngsters, of all. Only Brazdeikis comes close (but he never really played in real PRO league this season though and his overall experience and awareness at PROs is not even close) and Jokubaitis. Kulboka has been balling at ACB highest level consistently (with only a little slump only, and that was only shooting which happens even with elite ones) and in that term no-one is even close. As I said, Bendzius can't guard no-body at the really high level (believe me I've seen tons of Rytas games, much more than you did and I know his defensive capabilities perfectly). IMO, thus he's not NT material. Masiulis is bleak this season. Injuries follow him and when he's healthy he's bleak this season. If one would look closely, his numbers even reduced in LKL compared to previous season. Today in KMT he's completely lost and bleak with 0 EFF. Current Kulboka would look transcendent compared to Masiulis in LKL. Basically, we leave aside most ready and most established youngster who is playing at the highest level and at the position of a high need and taking inferior options. You're free to disagree. That's all, let's keep going to next topics, the decision has been made and it won't change.

PS: f.e. Kazlauskas knew Orelikas is not NT material. Even though dude had even more all around and deadly offensive skillset and could be such great fit next to JV. The same case is Bendzius, it's just that he's more one-dimentional offensively and even softer at D. Kazlauskas would never incorporate such type of players as Orelikas, Bendzius, while Maskoliunas is about to do that while we, IMO, have better options (at least defensively for sure).
    Last edited by Straight forward; 02-15-2020 at 05:55 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

On T. Sedekerskis

People treat him as huge disappointment often, and I one of them because I may have too high expectations on him, but we should consider few things for a second. He's 6th most efficient player in the league. MVP of Neptunas. He's a good defender, he's a very good rebounder and he's underrated passer. Thus far his assists numbers are humble (1,6), but with his precise and quick, nifty passes he can really reach much better numbers in the future. So the only real issue now is his offensive game where lacks identity. He has zero identity offensively and he looks like a prisoner at O who doesn't know what to do (aside these nifty passes). Here's thing. The guy's problem is weak mentality. Mentally he's soft and weak player at the moment. However, he is also seem to be a late bloomer. That's right. His mentality is not developed at all and even physically he seems to be softer than he should be with his physical profile. So I guess Sedekerskis is the guy who will have additional 2-4 years to get it together, much like some Kuzminskas. He reached that really high level only after 25. But here's insane numbers about LKL. He shoots 67,5% from 2P. That's not great, that's insane for a combo forward! Also he shoots 42,4% from 3P which is great. To sum up, Sedekerskis has phenomenally low self-esteem at O, but actually having a pretty solid and extremely sneaky season in LKL. His job now to find his identity at 0 and to work on his mentality and toughness. If one would ask me, I think he should stick to three things offensively - shooting threes, face to face drives and post game. His motor is good at both ends of the floor, you can't teach this really (like f.e. Kuz just doesn't have motor at D and you can't do anything about it, anything), so he just needs to continue to be an extremely hard worker and maybe one day the confidence will come!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sedekerskis is good kid overall i have to say seeing him more,but comon he is not mvp of neptunas.He has fantastic body and all around skillset.But character is missing,he will never be alfa dog in any team .

I believe he wont be starter in our nT,but can have 4-5 years run in our NT as role player,helper.Kuzminskas already was in nt camps in 2012 at 22,made nt in 2013 as 23.Balling in zalgiris in euroleague already at that age 22-23 old after that season unicaja bought him,not as some future player ,but as one of main players.

Sedekerskis can have more of M.Zukauskas NT role in the future.With his body in the future he should be able to defend sf and pf ,but i dont expect for him alot of points.
    Last edited by Shawshank; 02-16-2020 at 04:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawshank View Post
    Sedekerskis is good kid overall i have to say seeing him more,but comon he is not mvp of neptunas.He has fantastic body and all around skillset.But character is missing,he will never be alfa dog in any team .

I believe he never be starter in out nT,but can make our nT couple times as role player,helper.Kuzminskas already was in nt camps in 2012 at 22,made nt in 2013 as 23.Balling in zalgiris in euroleague already at that age 22-23 old after that season unicaja bought him,not as some future player ,but as one of main players.

Sedekerskis can have more of M.Zukauskas NT role in the future.With his body in the future he should be able to defend sf and pf ,but i dont expect for him alot of points.
    Statistically he's MVP. Fact.
    Kuz made NT at 24. I don't know what happened with Sedekerskis offensive game because he was very smooth as 16-18yo. But the key is that his problems are about soft mentality. It's really strange, he looked heads and shoulders above Kulboka, Masiulis at U19, but later development was in favour of the latter guys.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Why do you think something is wrong with me? I'm fine, critical as usual and also this time ironic and sarcastic, but that irony has a lot to do with reality. If our opinions splits that doesn't mean one of us is in trouble. I already said my opinion, I think it's pretty crazy not to take Kulboka to the NT whatever the context, and I stick to it.
    I explained why, but you again failed to read it. Because it's another imaginary story created by you lately, you had already some of it trying to push your beloved youngsters to NT. Now another one goes about Zalgiris fans' hate towards Kulboka, about how Kulboka is ignored cause he rejected Zalgiris system. You can stick to whatever you want to and act like a wise-ass while everyone else is a fool, but it's not where our opinions doesn't match, it's where your imagination starts, don't try to hide it behind irony now, it ain't working

Statistically he's MVP. Fact.
    Kuz made NT at 24. I don't know what happened with Sedekerskis offensive game because he was very smooth as 16-18yo. But the key is that his problems are about soft mentality. It's really strange, he looked heads and shoulders above Kulboka, Masiulis at U19, but later development was in favour of the latter guys.

Statistically in 2013 euro champ Kuz was 23.He turned 24 in Unicaja first season.

If go by just by numbers Valanciunas is MVP of Grizzlies .One of the biggets suprise teams this season in nba thats statistically a fact.Same goes to Sedekerskis in Neptunas.

When you are beta by character even lesser tallents with more balls gonna take more shots.Tadas is not built to be leader by character ,but can be very good contributer thats for sure.Sitting on baskonia bench for years stopped his development.He will need few playing years to catch up what he lost.
    Last edited by Shawshank; 02-17-2020 at 10:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawshank View Post
    Statistically in 2013 euro champ Kuz was 23.He turned 24 in Unicaja first season.

If go by just by numbers Valanciunas is MVP of Grizzlies .One of the biggets suprise teams this season in nba thats statistically a fact.Same goes to Sedekerskis in Neptunas.

When you are beta by character even lesser tallents with more balls gonna take more shots.Tadas is not built to be leader by character ,but can be very good contributer thats for sure.Sitting on baskonia bench for years stopped his development.He will need few playing years to catch up what he lost.
    True. I didn't say he's the best player. I tried to say he's having pretty solid sneaky season knowing how little he shoots and how inactive generally he looks (and he is).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Mindozas View Post
    I explained why, but you again failed to read it. Because it's another imaginary story created by you lately, you had already some of it trying to push your beloved youngsters to NT. Now another one goes about Zalgiris fans' hate towards Kulboka, about how Kulboka is ignored cause he rejected Zalgiris system. You can stick to whatever you want to and act like a wise-ass while everyone else is a fool, but it's not where our opinions doesn't match, it's where your imagination starts, don't try to hide it behind irony now, it ain't working
    Come on, Mindozas. Don't be so sensitive when you get the perspective which you don't like, specially when it relates Zalgiris Tell me that there's not even a smell of antagonism towards Kulboka from Zalgiris fans generally? There's a bit of that surely, I read some comments and stuff. Anyway, forget it. How about a comment on Bendzius and Masiulis? Do you really find it objectively spot on decision? Because it's easy to see Kulboka looks so much more ready, dynamic, active and sharp than struggling Masiulis, IMO. And, well, Bendzius surely is a good fit offensively, he's elite shooter and we need shooting, but we can't allow ourselves to play with absolute softies at 4 who has bad D awareness overall. We ain't got so much offensive talent to risk that much. For a mediocre Lith NT talent wise defensive coherence is the key to stay with more talented teams. Also, he's not some true stud who would surely give you +10pts any day if you unleash him. In 00's we had players like Jasikevicius, Macijauskas who weren't very good D players, but they dominated at O end and did it consistently. Now we have a guy who may drop some threes, may not, but we do know he will be huge liability at D. How about comment on that? To me, there's no question Kulboka is having way better season than Masiulis, it's out of question and the choice between Kulboka and Bendzius is nearly as simple as this scheme, IMO:

Ofensively Bendzius=Kulboka (Bendzius shoots with a bit better %, but Kulboka provides more handles, passing, cutting, hustling, better motor and athleticism)
    Defensively Bendzius<Kulboka

Why you don't comment on controversial parts of Maskoliunas' decisions? It's highly controversial. Dude is dropping 18pts against Unicaja, 13pts against Real and I watch Masiulis who can't score a bucket in way lesser KMT level. Guess who I think deserves the spot in the NT more.
    Last edited by Straight forward; 02-17-2020 at 03:40 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

to SF

Didn't i write a post many days ago about Zalgiris coaching stuff being a coaching stuff of NT? The key was that they would like to see as many of those who know their system as possible. Is Masiulis a controversal decision? Yes. But is it a possible decision? Also yes. Just like Valinskas or Sajus. They are even more controversal decisions. I can name at least 5 better available centers than the latter. I think you too, but you don't like them as much as Kulboka so you don't care. Also some Beliauskas or Girdziunas would be better options than Valinskas. Or let's say Kairys is out and Birutis is instead of him. Is it OK decision? Yes. But wouldn't it be a worse decision if it would be let's say Gustys? No. But that's Birutis because he relates to them - he's loaned Zalgiris player. If they could they would take Milaknis, Geben, Jankunas. Also a lot says to me how they want to see Jokubaitis. Another coaching stuff wouldn't probably think about him, but he's a pg in Zalgiris system even if he's only 19 and lacks playing time. NT was never so local and related to one team. Is it good? No. But that makes understandable many controversal things. But you go with Kulboka once again and once again. You don't understund the things above, or you can't stick with that, or you are too emotional but anyway you are like a broken radio recently, not the first time though.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamcatcher View Post
    to SF

Or let's say Kairys is out and Birutis is instead of him. Is it OK decision? Yes. But wouldn't it be a worse decision if it would be let's say Gustys? No. But that's Birutis because he relates to them - he's loaned Zalgiris player
    He also has much better stats on stronger team while being 3 years younger

Quote Originally Posted by LuDux View Post
    He also has much better stats on stronger team while being 3 years younger
    That's true. I even like Birutis. I just wanted to point it out the amount of players related to one team. In this certain case it's more than fair. But in some other cases it's about being related to Zalgiris - be it loaned or former player.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamcatcher View Post
    That's true. I even like Birutis. I just wanted to point it out the amount of players related to one team. In this certain case it's more than fair. But in some other cases it's about being related to Zalgiris - be it loaned or former player.
    They have more money to attract talent

Quote Originally Posted by LuDux View Post
    They have more money to attract talent
    Did you watch youth Euroleague qualification final game in Kaunas? Anyway, you began to speak about what i didn't mean.

Page 120 of 124 FirstFirst ... 2070110118119120121122 ... LastLast