Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What I have noticed over the years, that most of the guys that come through your youth setup and make it as professionals, are not extremely dominant in the U16 - U18 arena, rather later. I think that this has a lot to do with the system and that individual player potential tends to lag a bit. I am not saying this is a bad thing, kids get used to playing within a certain frame and tend to emphasise unity and fighting spirit, while the individual skills take an extra year or two to develop.

I wouldn't feel bad though. Look at Serbian youth teams so far this year. We had some of the most highly touted prospects (some already playing serious minutes professionally) and we have pretty much nothing to show for that. Still, I always cared more if those kids make it through to the senior level, medals at youth level are worth nothing...

Comment

• Originally posted by CoachZ View Post
      What I have noticed over the years, that most of the guys that come through your youth setup and make it as professionals, are not extremely dominant in the U16 - U18 arena, rather later. I think that this has a lot to do with the system and that individual player potential tends to lag a bit. I am not saying this is a bad thing, kids get used to playing within a certain frame and tend to emphasise unity and fighting spirit, while the individual skills take an extra year or two to develop.

I wouldn't feel bad though. Look at Serbian youth teams so far this year. We had some of the most highly touted prospects (some already playing serious minutes professionally) and we have pretty much nothing to show for that. Still, I always cared more if those kids make it through to the senior level, medals at youth level are worth nothing...
      If we look at average place then u18 teams are most successful, while u16 and u18 teams' results are pretty much the same (last 14 years since youth competitions became annual and assuming u16 wins 9th place: 5.9-4.4-5.9)

Originally posted by Dreamcatcher View Post
      It's the 3rd summer in a row without medals if i'm not mistaken.
      The Moon Is A SCAM(http://www.revisionism.nl/Moon/The-Mad-Revisionist.htm)!

Comment

• Originally posted by LuDux View Post
        If we look at average place then u18 teams are most successful, while u16 and u18 teams' results are pretty much the same (last 14 years since youth competitions became annual and assuming u16 wins 9th place: 5.9-4.4-5.9)

2008 u16/2010 u18/2012 u20 gold medalists are the same age group and basically the same team (except for Valanciunas missing the u20).
        5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

Comment

• Originally posted by Levenspiel View Post
          2008 u16/2010 u18/2012 u20 gold medalists are the same age group and basically the same team (except for Valanciunas missing the u20).
          Yes, it also won WC U19. That team may be the best youth NT among all that participated in FIBA tournaments.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dreamcatcher View Post
            Yes, it also won WC U19. That team may be the best youth NT among all that participated in FIBA tournaments.
            Here's table by generation

As you see lots of medals in global championships, mostly because instead of global position I wrote position among European teams

Comment

As you see lots of medals in global championships, mostly because instead of global position I wrote position among European teams
              That's the table of Lithuanian youth teams, of course 92 teams was the best, no questions. I thought overall among all the European teams.

Comment

thanks, this is cool. you inspired me to copy the same for my own country.
                5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

Comment

• Let's think long term

Starting center at 2048 Olympics

Comment

• BTW about 15yo Paulius Murauskas. He has the best performance at U16EB being 15yo of all time, I think. [B]12.3pts, 7.7rbs[/B in 24minutes. That's worth mentioning.

Sabonis and Motiejunas never played under such conditions. Sedekerskis had 11.4pts, 4.9rbs in 20 min, Tubelis 5pts, 4rbs in only 13min, JV played very little with 2.3pts, 2.9r.

One thing is sure, if we don't get a player in Sedekerskis it will a huge disappointment. I hope we still will. Now Murauskas can be a heck of a player, but I have to wait and see how his body will look at say U18 and U20. I think body wise he's a early bloomer. But he also has some damn skill, even if his shooting machanics are awkward. I won't run to create a separate thread for Murauskas Just as I didn't with Sedekerskis when the hype was prevailing at him being 16yo. I just not just sold on Murauskas to be absolutely elite prospect yet. If I'm almost sure about Tubelis' physicality and explosiveness and his transition to man's ball, I can't say the same about Murauskas, he may just be an physical early bloomer, but only a solid player later on. I fell in Love with Sedekerskis only when he played at U18 at his own age completely. But congrats for Murauskas, he beat the record even if he maybe had a bit too much credit here and there in terms of playing time. Hopefully another dominant big who will be able to play PF, at least he seems to be very skilled big.
                    LTU NT will snatch Eurobasket 2029 title with this roster:

Jokubaitis, Marciulionis, Laurencikas
                    Indrusaitis, Brazdeikis, Rubstavicius
                    Buzelis, Lelevicius
                    Murauskas, Sirvydis
                    Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Let's think long term

Starting center at 2048 Olympics
                      Kid would be around 2m15-2m22

Comment

• Originally posted by Shawshank View Post
                        Kid would be around 2m15-2m22
                        Who's the lady?

Comment

Who's the lady?
                          Arvydas Sabonis' daughter

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                          Murauskas, Sirvydis
                          Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Who's the lady?
                            And who's the fellow?

Comment

• Man, Sirvydis already 204cm. I found this as a bad news. Now the word is that NBA clubs might even consider him at 4, much as Kulboka who is 205cm. I projected Sirvydis at 2 in the NT, but as he grew to 204 and added mass, he might be too slow for D at 2. I just hope he wouldn't lose mobility and we could still throw him at 2 for some stretches. Now days the skillset is the key, not height.

BTW, Sedekerskis height is becoming real mysterious. I landed to Neptunas site assuming they have the fresh information and guess what...they have him at 196cm, LOL From 196cm to 208cm...But maybe Neptunas at least got his wight right. 105kg. If that's true, we have a PF body out there. Sedekerskis real height is between 202-205cm and 105kg is serious weight if that's all muscles and explosiveness. For example Kuzminskas and Kulboka (both 205cm) wights 98kg. Sabonis is 109kg. This Sedekerskis fellow will be ready to play at 4 if that's true.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                              Murauskas, Sirvydis
                              Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

• Originally posted by Hepcat View Post
                                And who's the fellow?

I think this is Rokas Gustys

Comment

Working...
                                X