Page 117 of 119 FirstFirst ... 1767107115116117118119 LastLast
Results 2,321 to 2,340 of 2371

Thread: Lithuanian talents.

i feel bad for venskus, you can clearly see that skills are there, but the lack of athleticism wont let him to play at the highest level, unless he masters his jumpshot.

Quote Originally Posted by Straight forward View Post
    Kozys should be in, no brainer.
    While his eff is higher he scores less while playing for weaker team.

How about little comparison game. Kozys = Visockas. Metrikis = Orelikas. Mineikis = Jasaitis. Venskus = Jankunas. Vilys = Vaitkus Vaitkus = Vilys. Tubutis = Brolis
    Last edited by LuDux; 12-02-2019 at 08:06 PM.

As per 40 m

Rb per 40 mn
    Vitalijus Kozys 12.6
    Tomas Balčiūnas 12.3
    Simas Jarumbauskas 11.2
    Einaras Tubutis 10.3
    Modestas Kancleris 10.0

Bl per 40 mn
    Modestas Kancleris 2.7
    Ąžuolas Tubelis 2.3
    Einaras Tubutis 1.3
    Erikas Venskus 1.2
    Paulius Murauskas 1.2
    St per 40mn
    Augustas Marčiulionis 3.3
    Simas Jarumbauskas 2.8
    Ąžuolas Tubelis 2.6
    Karolis Sapiega 2.5
    Matas Vaitkus 2.4

I don't buy these comparisons. Too much reductionism for my taste, but just for fun why not. Regarding Venckus I don't treat him as some big prospect. Comparison with Jankunas is too kind, young Jankunas could run as a deer, was fairly athletic, way more skilled, including pretty nifty passing, smart at D. To me Venckus looks like below average IQ traditional bruiser with little skillset, I surely don't buy his super awkward jimmy as well. Solid piece for some...Rytas, Neptunas?

It's good that you brought these stats. Marciulionis is actually leading the league in steals basically. That he can be a dog in defence was obvious in U16 EC. He can become 2 ways beast just as his father was (there's no way he will be as athletic and explosive and as insane hard worker as his father was, but he's more gifted as a point guard, may be more talented overall). He just needs to even more improve his feet work which NCAA suits well for, to improve his stamina and overall physical profile. At the moment he tends to shy away from completely dominating the game standing in the corner and allowing Jarumbauskas to make all his super dumb plays, LOL (), and I treat this as a lack of stamina, but the way he managed to improve his jimmy, specially from downtown, is really impressive. You can see with an eye test his jummy much more polished and reliable now. Hopefully he will end up into the right place in the NCAA. Maybe fathers name and connexions might help to reach very familiar place, like a coach that Sarunas knows personally and would be motivated to work with Augustas.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The flick from the future...

Dude, A. Marčiulionis is blasting with confidence. Another 2 strong games in 2 days and today with 22pts, 8assists, nailing a clutch three to tie the game against Ezerunas in the last minute with an ISO step back. Eventually Perlas got the win. In last 9 NKL games he nails 20,5ppg, his three point shooting reached 39% in the season (26% last season) and he takes them with absolute confidence now. That's immense progress. Don't wanna jump to some super hype as he still have tons of work to do, but seems like he's a flat out best PG prospect since Jasikevicius.

Shaw's statement that Marciulionis going to end up a bust as Tautvydas Sabonis is bond to become a classic, just to tease my good old stubborn discussion's opponent
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The draw for the Youth European tournaments took place.

U20 EB will play against Greece, Spain, Chezch Rep. in Klaipeda. If Sirvydis will decide to participate this team will be absolutely stacked. Also Jokubaitis, D.Giedraitis, Ramanauskas, Jarumbauskas and some other solid options. Fully packed a contender surely.

U18 EB will play against Slovenia, Turkey, Poland in Turkey. I would dear to say Marciulionis and Tubelis should be the brightest star due in entire tournament and I'm pretty sure Marciulionis for the first time in Youth basketball will truly present him self. Both these guys should be beasts at their age level. Interesting that A.Tubelis has a twin brother, not so good, but maybe a late bloomer.

U16 will gave huge leader Paulius Murauskas. Will play against Croatia, Slovenia, Denmark.

A lot of individual talent, let's see if some medals will be on the table.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nice to see Dovydas Giedraitis bouncing back after the injury. Nailed three threes. I want to see this 19yo punk in Euro quallies, in the camp at the very least:

https://twitter.com/MovistarBasket/s...ijoje%2F300678
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The draw for the Youth European tournaments took place.

U20 EB will play against Greece, Spain, Chezch Rep. in Klaipeda. If Sirvydis will decide to participate this team will be absolutely stacked. Also Jokubaitis, D.Giedraitis, Ramanauskas, Jarumbauskas and some other solid options. Fully packed a contender surely.

U18 EB will play against Slovenia, Turkey, Poland in Turkey. I would dear to say Marciulionis and Tubelis should be the brightest star due in entire tournament and I'm pretty sure Marciulionis for the first time in Youth basketball will truly present him self. Both these guys should be beasts at their age level. Interesting that A.Tubelis has a twin brother, not so good, but maybe a late bloomer.

U16 will gave huge leader Paulius Murauskas. Will play against Croatia, Slovenia, Denmark.

A lot of individual talent, let's see if some medals will be on the table.
    I think your spot is secure after Turkey and MVP is gonna be Gorener, Sengün or Bona. Nobody is gonna beat this team turkey in turkey. Dont know much about Lithuanians in U16 but this Murauskaus is really good.

Quote Originally Posted by Toruko View Post
    I think your spot is secure after Turkey and MVP is gonna be Gorener, Sengün or Bona. Nobody is gonna beat this team turkey in turkey. Dont know much about Lithuanians in U16 but this Murauskaus is really good.
    lol, why would you even say something like that

Toruko, this is Lithuanian prospects section. You shouldn't name all your most loved Turkish prospects here

Back to Dovydas Giedraitis thing. He played only 7 games in ACB due to injury, but he shoots threes 63,6% (7/11). That shows guts and strong mentality. One thing is to go out and hustle without head as most chicken of his age do, and the other to knock down threes with the cold blood.

And seems it's not a fluke. In NKL season (as 16yo), he shot threes with 45.7%. At U16 EB he shot 41.7%. At U19 (2019) till his sprained ankle shot 50%.

I'm really high on the fellow, he played some tournaments at PG and his assists rate was really good, he can also score, he can play D, and he has IQ.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sneaked in to see how Kulboka is doing compared to the start of the season. Watched Unicaja- Bilbao. Game's here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFEoMdaOMCM

First thing, his body rounds nicely. Elite frame. Shoots threes with confidence, sometimes ridiculously way behind the the arc. Very solid 39,2% in the season and he does shoot them 31/79. What I really like is that he is highly crafty at 4. He has hell of a body control and driving ability for this position, should drive to the basket more eagerly and with time I expect to see this exactly. If the D collapses on him, he can beat his beefier opponent with the quick first step. So, offensively I like what I see, even if I want him to drive more, shoots 2 with great 57,1% (12/21). Elite FTs shooter 92,3% (12/13). Scores 10pts per game in 22min, which is pretty solid for 21yo in ACB.

Now at D he's already seems to be better compared to the start of the season. His positioning is decent, his awareness is decent, he's damn agile on his feet covering p'n'r in various ways with comfort. Looked good against beefier PFs in the post, but that surely would be a problem against some of them at NT level. Also he doesn't rebound much even if boxes out with an effort, 3,5rpg is not a nightmare for a stretch 4, but average at best. To sum up, he'll never be elite defender, but he's surprisingly decent and improving. I take current Kulboka any freakin' minute instead of Bendzius, I mean not even a blink. Bendzius is so silly at D sometimes that it goes beyond definition, and generally sucks at D, while he stood as a borderliner in the NT. I would even argue that Kulboka may be slightly better defender than Kuz at 4 already, due to his way better natural awareness and way bigger effort and motor at D, he really plays with energy at both ends of the floor while Kuz looks like living dead at D.

To sum up, I think Kulboka may be a serious consideration for 2020 NT. Off course, having FC Sabonis, CF Kuzminskas in the section 4, we probably don't need another tweener, another CF in Kulboka, and I probably lean more towards more nominal PF Masiulis (due to more muscles at D in the first place), but the latter and Kulboka stands more or less at the same step regarding their readiness to join senior NT.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

So I found this xls last modified in spring of 2009. Here's bit from sheet 2000-01
    https://i.ibb.co/4M1NhLS/Untitled.png
    First season of Žalgiris-2

Quote Originally Posted by LuDux View Post
    So I found this xls last modified in spring of 2009. Here's bit from sheet 2000-01
    https://i.ibb.co/4M1NhLS/Untitled.png
    First season of Žalgiris-2
    At least Mindaugas Brazys made it at coaching

Now back to my previous post on Kulboka above. Here's a glimpse to those who couldn't catch some of Kulboka's games this season, to get an impression of his offensive game for Bilboa. This is already rather old video, from early October, he already improved his body compared to that, but that's what he does in O basically. Very impressive movement without the ball and so natural and soft touch. The guy shoots 6.1 threes per game and makes it with 40.7%. His team stands at 6-9 position in ACB, thus above average ACB team. Currently I think he should be in 2020 OQT and even OT. We simply need that piece exactly at 4, pure stretch 4, and on his verge becoming an elite at it. Also my projection is that he is basically ready to join Hornets. His D is solid, he improved his body, his decision making improved vastly, he can score. To sum up, we've got a new established PRO at the highly needed position with the highly needed skillset:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oExGY7AcQwg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

At least Mindaugas Brazys made it at coaching

Now back to my previous post on Kulboka above. Here's a glimpse to those who couldn't catch some of Kulboka's games this season, to get an impression of his offensive game for Bilboa. This is already rather old video, from early October, he already improved his body compared to that, but that's what he does in O basically. Very impressive movement without the ball and so natural and soft touch. The guy shoots 6.1 threes per game and makes it with 40.7%. His team stands at 6-9 position in ACB, thus above average ACB team. Currently I think he should be in 2020 OQT and even OT. We simply need that piece exactly at 4, pure stretch 4, and on his verge becoming an elite at it. Also my projection is that he is basically ready to join Hornets. His D is solid, he improved his body, his decision making improved vastly, he can score. To sum up, we've got a new established PRO at the highly needed position with the highly needed skillset:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oExGY7AcQwg
    1.6 2pts per game tho, he should definitely improve there. he got the speed, athleticism to do it. he defiitely wont be on the team this summer, even if there was an open spot they would take bendzius. but i hope he plays this february.

Quote Originally Posted by zalias View Post
    1.6 2pts per game tho, he should definitely improve there. he got the speed, athleticism to do it. he defiitely wont be on the team this summer, even if there was an open spot they would take bendzius. but i hope he plays this february.
    Well, that's why he's a stretch 4 He never was a strong finisher under the basket, he does what he does best, even have tools to be elite at it, IMO. Nevertheless, yeah, I would love him to become more all around and I think with time he'll add more of that as well. But essentially his career trajectory is very clear and at this point it's more of a advantage than vise versa, IMO. He has his identity, he does well what he does, and that's a great fit for contemporary BB.

As for NT I have no ideas whenever he'll make NT this year. We don't know Maskoliunas as a NT coach. Also it's a lot on Kulboka, he needs to show up in quallies. But, IMO, at the moment he's the best fit at 4 to play with either Sabonis or Valanciunas. I'm not sure Maskoliunas and Co. won't overlook him as most of guys might think he's too soft at D, but I observe him and I say he needs to be in the camp at the very least. He's ready to realistically compete for the spot. So we'll see.
    However, I'm more than 100% sure Bendzius won't make the team. I don't think Maskoliunas is that dumb Bendzius can't guard no-one in basketball court, he's not even close to be NT material in terms of D and BB IQ. Only Adomaitis can take him to the final roster, but even he quickly learned his mistake and cut Bendzius rather soon in 2019 camp.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

so judging from highlights at least Kulboka is a glorified Bendzius who only shoots threes whenever he catches the ball lol...I admit the only time I've watched this guy play was during a youth tournament a few years back and his low IQ chucking left a bad taste in my mouth even back then...not sure how Sf can talk crap about Bendzius and then turn around and start praising the same player basically, who just happens to be younger and much more hyped lmao

Quote Originally Posted by madmax View Post
    so judging from highlights at least Kulboka is a glorified Bendzius who only shoots threes whenever he catches the ball lol...I admit the only time I've watched this guy play was during a youth tournament a few years back and his low IQ chucking left a bad taste in my mouth even back then...not sure how Sf can talk crap about Bendzius and then turn around and start praising the same player basically, who just happens to be younger and much more hyped lmao
    Crap about Bendzius? You're saying Bendzius is a good player and he should be in the NT?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Crap about Bendzius? You're saying Bendzius is a good player and he should be in the NT?
    reading comprehension fail here my dear friend...no, that's not what I've said at all, all I said is that Bendzius and Kulboka are two identical players at this point, yet you praise and hype one of them and completely neglect the other lol. Not like I care if one-dimensional Kulboka ever makes the NT anyway - low IQ chuckers have to be at least at NBA level like Kleiza was to establish themselves as regular player on the NT. I very much doubt Kulboka will ever reach that level lol

Quote Originally Posted by madmax View Post
    reading comprehension fail here my dear friend...no, that's not what I've said at all, all I said is that Bendzius and Kulboka are two identical players at this point, yet you praise and hype one of them and completely neglect the other lol. Not like I care if one-dimensional Kulboka ever makes the NT anyway - low IQ chuckers have to be at least at NBA level like Kleiza was to establish themselves as regular player on the NT. I very much doubt Kulboka will ever reach that level lol
    You failed 2 times. But you asked for it, so here it goes.
    First of all, none who have some sanity in BB would come here and pretend that he knows a shit about a player if he saw only highlights and some Youth tournament game or few three years ago. Even more you decided that the guy is similar to other player which indicates you love to make narratives based on absent-minded and lack of knowledge.
    Second of all, no, they are not identical players, they are different players, but you ain't improving and can't observe players precisely and particularly, just coming here to spill your nonsense. The main reason why Bendzius is not in the NT is here poor defence, his lack of positioning, feetwork, ability to adjust, pure D IQ and basketball IQ overall. Also beside being clumsy dude, Bendzius is soft and highly lacking athleticism. At the offensive end he's a horrible decision maker, can't put the ball on the floor, bad passer, non system player which shoots better with more freedom rather than adjusting to precise role. Nevertheless, these flaws aside he would flat out be in the NT player because he's sill a very good stretch 4, a good shooter. And it only shows how badly we need shooters at 4. However, his D is so bad that he ain't gonna play for NT ever again (he basically didn't play in 2017 either). I already gave my review of Kulboka's improvement and precise reasons why he's superior to Bendzius at D (by far) and even better than Kuzminskas at D, but he also has agility, athleticism, driving and passing skills.
    Max, just enjoy the game, you're good at it. Don't write about it, you're bad at it. That's my suggestion anyway.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

He is still too one-dimensional for my liking, but at least he is doing good what he can - shooting 40% 3s out of 6 attempts is really good number. Also kinda like his body development. So far so good. Eager to see him in February window, I guess that will be like an early NT camp for some players, whom will called in June or not, Kulboka included, cause I hardly see more than 14-15 then

Page 117 of 119 FirstFirst ... 1767107115116117118119 LastLast