Page 116 of 119 FirstFirst ... 1666106114115116117118 ... LastLast
Results 2,301 to 2,320 of 2371

Thread: Lithuanian talents.

Quote Originally Posted by Mindozas View Post
    Oh man, knet comments section is not bad, it's horrible. The same way is bnews, delfi, lrytas. Maybe it's cause I have smth to compare to (eb.lt back in the day), maybe my standards are higher (or it's wishful thinking or expectations that we must have some proper places to discuss the game, but we don't), but when you need to dig into the garbage to find smth usefull - it's time wasting, cause most likely you won't find anything, only your mind will start to stink. And it's been like that for years with these sites. No critical thinking, just going with the flow, opinion formed by media, never-ending childish wannabe fans fights. You can go to any hot news article, find the most popular comment and you can easily guess how it will look like, easily. As I said - it's been like that for years. That's why lot of people simply doesn't bother to read it or comment it, creates closed FB groups now, some skype chats back in the day and etc - sites are occupied by grey mass of these kids/trolls, Z vs LR "fighters" or simply fools. It seems like it won't change ever. I sincerely have no idea what you are studying there and what you are trying to find there - it's too predictable and pointless. It's been like that ever since these sites were created and I'm sure it will stay the same for years to come, sadly
    It's till bad, don't get me wrong But at least super dumb comments get invisable quickly and you can quickly get through best valued comments. And sometimes it's interesting to see how stupid comments are valued highly, again interesting sociological field if you have good nerves. Unfortunately mine are mediocre at best so I don't read comments constantly here, only when I'm just too curious about some topics.

What you mean with personal assumptions? If you go here with this Zalgiris vs Rytas stuff, it's just another proof how much reading that crap in LT sites harms your mind, you better leave it there in knet comments. I don't give a rat ass about this kids Z vs Rytas fight. I've wrote tons of times that I liked Sirvydis since the first time I saw him in EL youth tournament few years ago - bald character, not afraid of taking risks and making mistakes. Yeah, decent prospect, a rare case I was a bit hyped about it too. Yeah, yeah, all those MVP, age, skills, whatever you are referring here is good stuff. But again you are missing the point and again missing the reason why lot of prospects flops. They think they achieved a lot already too and thinks they can rest a bit, work less, why not - he is balling for his age as you say, maybe it's time to get some olialia chick already. It's completely vice versa - they must work even more. It's a fact that Sirvydis stopped this season, it's visible. Stop trying to hide it under past success or talent he possess. It's the worst thing for prospect. No wonder lot of saw that in his game and are raising questions, no wonder club staff talks about it. He must get back to earth asap if he wants to be big, not just ordinary talent
    Nah, I wasn't referring to your Zalgiris' fan status and all that stuff. If all Zalgiris' fans would be like you in terms of partiality it would be very cool.
    It's fair enough and I'm totally agree with your post, now that you admit his talent. I thought you overlooked some things which he still does surprisingly well even being on a cocky mode right now and suffering from "star virus". My point was that it sucks that he shows signs of cockiness and laziness lately, but I hope it's just an unavoidable step which he will step over and will utilize his talent which is obvious even with current somewhat disappointing phase of his development, but not as disappointing as some people put it (some idiots think that if the guy is drafted he should be dropping 20ppg in LKL instantly, thus showing their complete ignorance of global basketball which is very common among Lith fans). Aomaitis benched him last night after first mistake against Neptunas which indicates he feels the kid needs a shorter leach as a lesson and attitude changer.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The flick from the future...

With the sad days in Zalgiris camp, here's one bright light shinning lately and it's already mentioned Marciulionis. Guy is on a beast mode and reaching for something special. I have to say he caught me with surprise because I was thinking Tubelis will become flat out leader (moving between senior team and Perlas doesn't help him much though) and he's doing really good, but Marciulionis became flat out leader and most efficient player of the team. He's really reaching for some numbers, 15,6pts, 5.3a, 3.2rbs. That's pretty darmn impressive, to lead NKL team at 17. For comparison, Jokubaitis at this age went for 9.7pts, 4.5a, 2.8rbs (playing 2 minutes less than Augustas). Lekavicius for 12.1pts, 5.6a, 3.8rbs (playing 5 minutes more). Unfortunately I don't have Kalnietis LKAL stats at 17, but the fact that Kalnietis at 19 (before moving to Zalgiris in the midseason) was going for 16,7pts, 5,6a, 3,5rbs, kinda speaks highly on what Augustas is reaching for at the moment as a 17yo nipple. His threes reached respectable 35%. I'm getting only higher on this prospect, he does it all on the court. Genes don't project anything bad either.
    Last edited by Straight forward; 11-28-2019 at 11:06 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Straight forward View Post
    Unfortunately I don't have Kalnietis LKAL stats at 17
    02/03 not on Z2 roster
    https://web.archive.org/web/20030414...a_zalgiris.htm

Quote Originally Posted by LuDux View Post
    Mantas is born in 86, thus 2003-2004 season is the one I look for.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

What for? Kalnietis was never seen as smth special at that age. Poor shooter, poor ball handler. Lost between PG and SG, not being able to do too good in any position. All he had was good physical tools, leaping, slashing, ok court vision. Good that he had that "never give up" attitude, which helped him a lot during his career. Pretty much Chomicius case at early stages of career

What for? Kalnietis was never seen as smth special at that age. Poor shooter, poor ball handler. Lost between PG and SG, not being able to do too good in any position. All he had was good physical tools, leaping, slashing, ok court vision. Good that he had that "never give up" attitude, which helped him a lot during his career. Pretty much Chomicius case at early stages of career
    I get your point and you right, at U18 he wasn't much of a standout with 8pts, 3a (only at U20 he already had more convincing stats). However, as season progressed Kalnietis already as a 18yo exploded in LKAL with 17,7pts, 4,4rb, 4,3a. I think he was pretty hard to stop in transition, so he was scoring with ease at such level. Call me simply curious, but I would also love to know Jasikevicius LKAL stats for simple comparison, but it's not on a net I'm afraid.

I think Marciulionis could pretty much go for Kalnietis numbers next year, but most likely he goes to NCAA next season. Marciulionis does that with skinny, kinda childish body, he's only yet to become tougher.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mantas is born in 86, thus 2003-2004 season is the one I look for.

Here he's in top-10 in assists
    https://web.archive.org/web/20060509...tatistika.html

I get your point and you right, at U18 he wasn't much of a standout with 8pts, 3a (only at U20 he already had more convincing stats). However, as season progressed Kalnietis already as a 18yo exploded in LKAL with 17,7pts, 4,4rb, 4,3a. I think he was pretty hard to stop in transition, so he was scoring with ease at such level. Call me simply curious, but I would also love to know Jasikevicius LKAL stats for simple comparison, but it's not on a net I'm afraid.
    Are you sure it's 2003-2004? I checked some results from that season - Maciulis was there, Andriuskevicius, from guards Maceina, Navickas, Jasikevicius Jr. mentioned as top scorers in some games, but failed to find Kalnietis. I doubt Kalnietis could've had such stats. Probably it's 2005-2006 like in LuDux latest link

Regarding Saras, I don't think he ever played in LKAL, his final year in high school he spent in USA, only then moved to Maryland

Are you sure it's 2003-2004? I checked some results from that season - Maciulis was there, Andriuskevicius, from guards Maceina, Navickas, Jasikevicius Jr. mentioned as top scorers in some games, but failed to find Kalnietis. I doubt Kalnietis could've had such stats. Probably it's 2005-2006 like in LuDux latest link

Regarding Saras, I don't think he ever played in LKAL, his final year in high school he spent in USA, only then moved to Maryland
    Now, those stats are from 2004-2005 season, as he was 18yo. In 2003-2004 he was in Zalgiris 2 roster, but no stats are given.

As for Saras, I remember watching some highlights where he was balling LKAL I think, maybe for one season with Ilgauskas as 16-17yo?

Anyway, here's what we have from Kalnietis:

2003-2004: Kauno Žalgiris-Sabonio mokykla (LKAL)
    2004-2005: Kauno Žalgiris-Sabonio mokykla (LKAL): 17,7 tšk., 4,4 atk. kam., 4,3 rez. perd., 1,5 per. kam. per rungtynes
    2005-2006: Kauno Žalgiris-Sabonio mokykla (NKL): 16,7 tšk., 3,5 atk. kam., 5,6 rez. perd. per susitikimą. Vasario pabaigoje pakviestas į Kauno Žalgirį (LKL): 5,1 tšk., 1,5 atk. kam., 2,3 rez. perd., 1,1 per. kam. per mačą. BBL: 5,9 tšk., 2,6 rez. perd. per rungtynes. Eurolyga: 6,8 tšk., 2 atk. kam., 2 rez. perd., 1,3 per. kam. per susitikimą
    2006-2007: Kauno Žalgiris (LKL)
    2007-2008: Kauno Žalgiris (LKL)
    2008-2009: Kauno Žalgiris (LKL)
    2009-2010: Kauno Žalgiris (LKL)
    2010-2011: Kauno Žalgiris (LKL)
    2011-2012: Kauno Žalgiris (LKL)
    2012-2013: Kauno Žalgiris (LKL), spalį perėjo į Krasnodaro Lokomotiv (Rusija)
    2013-2014: Krasnodaro Lokomotiv (Rusija)
    2014-2015: Krasnodaro Lokomotiv (Rusija), balandžio pabaigoje nutraukė sutartį, liepą dalyvavo NBA vasaros lygoje Indiana Pacers komandoje
    2015-2016: Kauno Žalgiris (LKL), sausį perėjo į Milano Emporio Armani (Italija)
    2016-2017: Milano Emporio Armani (Italija)
    2017-2018: Milano AX Armani Exchange (Italija)
    2018-2019: Vilerbano ASVEL (Prancūzija)
    2019-2020: Krasnodaro Lokomotiv (Rusija)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Now, those stats are from 2004-2005 season, as he was 18yo. In 2003-2004 he was in Zalgiris 2 roster, but no stats are given.

As for Saras, I remember watching some highlights where he was balling LKAL I think, maybe for one season with Ilgauskas as 16-17yo?
    They played together in Kaunas bball school, but I think LKAL was established the same year like LKL, in 1993, while Saras at that time was already in USA (1993-1994 season). Hard to say, maybe he had some games before leaving, I've read Saras book, but don't remember such thing. Maybe will need to check it again, I think I still have book on my PC

Anyway, here's what we have from Kalnietis:
    Heh, it was easier to find the season than I have thought Was tryin the hard way via webarchive, damn it

Here's article about 3 championships before LKL,
    https://www.lrytas.lt/sportas/krepsi...lyga-10564599/

It mentions Ilgauskas in 91/92 season and doesn't mention Saras at all

Speaking about NKL, today I was in easily the most emotional, crowded and best NKL game ever I had this derby in my mind, but didn't expect to see almost fully crowded Rytas arena and huge drama with the overtime. Some incidents with ultras, but they created a heck of support. Ramanauskas nailed a buzzer beater which silent the crowd, but a heck of a game and effort by both teams.

Aside Tubelis and Marciulionis who were good in the clutch, I have to say Zalgiris' kid Ramanauskas is pretty good. He didn't suck with U19 team either, moves nicely, shoots nicely. Not some big prospect, but pretty damn nice guard. Kozys is clutch as always and a big fighter. I watched M.Kancleris in the half time brake, he has the touch from outside, eventually he might still be very interesting player if he will retain his soft legs with added mass.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I wonder what Kleiza and Jarutis think when Vilnius' locals are attending second teams' games more willingly than LKL games, be it once game occasion, but still food for thought. Obviously derby and 2 great prospects played a part here, but the key is still disappointment with the main Rytas team. Here's the key moment of the game:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...ature=emb_logo
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I was thinking about the idea that 2 great prospects ripe together at 2002 age class and came out with the hierarchy of such cases. Here it goes, IMO:

1.Sabonis, Marciulionis 64
    2-3.Kleiza, Maciulis 85
    2-3. Macijauskas, Javtokas 80
    4. Karnisovas, Maskoliunas 71
    5. Brothers Lavrinovic 79
    6. JV, Ulanovas 92
    7. Grigonis, Lekavicius 94

It's funny because there could be much more pairs, but Saras and Ilgauskas separates one year, as well as Stombergas and Timinksas, Siskauskas and Kaukenas, Kalnietis and Seibutis. I'm sure I also missed few from 90's and 00's, maybe you will add some.

Anyway, the fun thing that we have even 4 great generations and pairs coming.

99 Brazdeikis, Velicka
    98 Masiulis, Kulboka (Sedekerskis, Jogela)
    2000 Sirvydis, Jokubaitis, D.Giedraitis
    2002 Marciulionis, Tubelis

I bet 2002 guys can make it to top 5, or even higher. The pair of 2 elite prospects, IMO.

PS: Also Jankunas/Kavaliauskas at 84 (finally I know who are top dogs in my age class )
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

78 Siskauskas/Songaila
    73 Stombergas/Eurelijus
    85 Kalnietis/Pocius
    82 Jasaitis/Delininkaitis

I wonder what Kleiza and Jarutis think when Vilnius' locals are attending second teams' games more willingly than LKL games, be it once game occasion, but still food for thought. Obviously derby and 2 great prospects played a part here, but the key is still disappointment with the main Rytas team
    Key was that Zalgiris was coming. IIRC they were arranging this support for exactly this game way earlier that latest main team game in Panevezys, after which lot of critics appeared from B Tribuna, for players not trying. On one hand it's great to see such initiative, on other it's laughable to prepare such posters they brought in for a games like this or jump on rival players after the loss. Probably they gave up on trying to bite main team, so only hope was juniors, but still failed.

Btw, nice to see Marciulionis doing so good. I didn't see the game, but stats looks fine and read that he made some big plays at the end. Hope kid will keep delivering

Quote Originally Posted by LuDux View Post
    78 Siskauskas/Songaila
    73 Stombergas/Eurelijus
    85 Kalnietis/Pocius
    82 Jasaitis/Delininkaitis
    Good find. Siskauskas and Songaila due is truly elite, Stambergas and Eurelijus also legit.

Key was that Zalgiris was coming. IIRC they were arranging this support for exactly this game way earlier that latest main team game in Panevezys, after which lot of critics appeared from B Tribuna, for players not trying. On one hand it's great to see such initiative, on other it's laughable to prepare such posters they brought in for a games like this or jump on rival players after the loss. Probably they gave up on trying to bite main team, so only hope was juniors, but still failed.

Btw, nice to see Marciulionis doing so good. I didn't see the game, but stats looks fine and read that he made some big plays at the end. Hope kid will keep delivering
    Yeah, probably that's even bigger key, but I have to say I caught young kids in arena already being hyped by Marciulionis. He's not only delivering at the moment, but he has fancy moves like crossover, step back, quick "a la Curry" release from downtown (some goes in, some air balls, but the kid really improving ), so it's easy to fall in love with his game.

Yeah, ultras are basically scums with all the cursing and violent slogans, I wish they could go for aggressive chanting, but without cursing and direct violent chants. Zalgiris kids a bit provoked and sent some signs with their hands while celebrating just next to ultras crowd (can't blame them after chants like "I hate Kaunas so much", "let's smash Kaunas", and that classy "Green b..ch"), but these guys just took the stage for their own show. Support was immense though and whole arena back it up creating amazing atmosphere for NKL game. Felt like old school LKL finals down there.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I just hope these "elite" managers won't throw Marciulionis now to the main team to ride the bench. It would be so Kleiza, Jarutis and other studs move. Like "Hey, people come to see those kids, let's throw them to the main team", LOL Both these kids are in perfect situation right now and Marciulionis would get killed physically in LKL at the moment.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

NKLyga u22 selection

Kozys should be in, no brainer.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 116 of 119 FirstFirst ... 1666106114115116117118 ... LastLast