Page 99 of 99 FirstFirst ... 4989979899
Results 1,961 to 1,970 of 1970

Thread: Lithuanian talents.

Quote Originally Posted by Straight forward View Post
    Mindozas, you always over protective regarding Zalgiris and federation
    That's nonsense. If something is wrong I'll always say it's wrong. I've been criticizing Zalgiris for years till something good started to happen, club priorities changed. The same is with federation or any other institution/club/team. I've been hitting you on NT matters for years, when you called 2012/2016 Olympics a failures, federation bein' bad, coaches bein' bad, goals set too low. Look how you are seein' it now...

It's not a sacred cow. I didn't say anything wrong. There was no (as far as I know) any public say on Brazdeikis from federation. So - zero reaction here. Most fans are destroying forums and websites because of this guy, and this federation has no word on a matter.
    Again - you obviously missed it, so you are blaming me for being protective, and federation for doing nothing. But it's you who missed it and making some be deal out of it. I don't read much of our media, but I've seen at least few articles during the years where federation was asked and talked about the issue, it was federation who talked with Brazdeikis family few years ago in some tournament about possible playing for Lithuania. But you simply don't give a fck even if I've told you this. You didn't see - it didn't happen and you keep going with your rants. Way to go... I won't even comment much on that Garastas, Sabas matter. Garastas mostly talked some crap, finished even with racist one and if you don't see a difference and don't realize why Sabas is in federation then what to say... LuDux post was a spot on actually

Link on federation declaring anything about Brazdeikis?

Denying that this federation is silent and bad at public relations (trying to shut down the media, going after conspiracy theories a la Balciunas controlling basketnews.lt LOL, condemning Petrauskas for simply being critical while commenting the NT exhibition game, blaming media for being critical (who fucking knew, what a nightmare), Sabas saying "I'm retiring" than later "not retiring" and other nonsense) is the definition of reflexive attitude I guess And "always saying wrong, when it's wrong". If to you such "speeches" is "right" and good example of normal work of the federation's president than I don't really have things to discuss on the matter.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzTTpDK6cs0

Was there any interviews after the end of qualification? Did Spokas or Sabas said a word? One of the key stages ended, who cares, not a word on it, not a word on the future, issues, goals...They are "working" and media should shut it. Real nice Soviet tradition there.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The flick from the future...

OK, I found one article where Špokas says one sentence on him "We're interested, we're watching him, but we should consider Lithuanian citizenship, Canadian citizenship and Ignas wishes". Good to know.

https://www.15min.lt/24sek/naujiena/...a-1130-1069702
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Balciunas left LKF more than 5 years ago

Was there any interviews after the end of qualification? Did Spokas or Sabas said a word? One of the key stages ended, who cares, not a word on it, not a word on the future, issues, goals...They are "working" and media should shut it. Real nice Soviet tradition there.
    Not a word? You are so obsessed with a hate, that you even forgot that there were talks about goals, when NT secured qualification and you even bashed it as usually

OK, I found one article where Špokas says one sentence on him "We're interested, we're watching him, but we should consider Lithuanian citizenship, Canadian citizenship and Ignas wishes". Good to know.

https://www.15min.lt/24sek/naujiena/...a-1130-1069702
    Good to see you finally listened and used google, if you would've made it earlier, you could've save your time instead writing another rants towards federation, blaming me for nothing, putting some words into my mouth and spreading some hate for no reason with some 6 years old articles... This federation is not gold, like any other that was before, but you just going over the line way too much

Quote Originally Posted by Mindozas View Post
    This federation is not gold, like any other that was before, but you just going over the line way too much
    I'm saying this federation is bad and I don't think I'm exaggerating. The start of this federation was absolutely "fantastic", you could make a movie out of it. There was so many mind blowing things that it's hard to believe it's a real world, I already mentioned few in my previous posts. Like Kazlauskas asking Guoga to make laws for controlling media. Like demonising Balciunas even if he worked just fine and he had NT players support, like Sabonis thinking that media or "some-one" made a conspiracy against NT because society was disgust with Kristof drawing swastika on his rucksack and made a scandal (obviously the reaction would be the same in any western country, but Sabonis seen it as conspiracy), also the brake down of the plain just before the trip to Slovenia was also taken "personally". Than later 2 years ago, to please you and ludux with rather fresh example, famous elections of NT head coach. Secret players' voting for their sympathies (great idea which "eliminated" Kurtinaitis as a candidate while he was arguably best possible choice available after Kazlauskas and maybe Jasikevicius...), the election system which even made Spokas confused and he blew it in the press just after the elections ("it's the competency of Sabonis"), the fiction of democratic voting at the end of the day (when media and some members of federation started to push sweet autocratic couple of Spokas and Sabonis). Sabonis avoiding media like he did all along his life and very rarely says anything to the media. Those bureaucratic declarations of their decisions is all you get from current federation. Not to mention that Adomaitis is the first coach who failed in Eurobasket and kept his job which was highly questionable. For the first time, I think, U-teams are going for 1-8 spots. This means this federation is saying that being 8th is OK. Also somehow our senior NT from 1-4/5, dropped to 1-8 recently regarding goals.

Does this federation does everything wrong? No. Do they work well? No, far from that. IMO, this federation is working worse than Balciunas' federation. Balciunas was obviously pro-active, he was very outspoken, highly educated, a hard worker. Garastas, aside his old timers rants, was charismatic and very open commentator of basketball things which connected federation with society. He crossed the line with some comments, that's true, but he also was very concern and had a familiar tone towards basketball issues. This federation is silent, closed and borderline autocratic, IMO.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamcatcher View Post
    Jarumbauskas with 39 pts again I liked him a long before those huge performances btw
    Those pts
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewx62KV4JsA

Vilys in the next game scored 30 pts (7/9 3pts). He was stacked for some long while so you wouldn't think promisingly about him, but he's doing so great offensively at the second half of the season.

I'm saying this federation is bad and I don't think I'm exaggerating. The start of this federation was absolutely "fantastic", you could make a movie out of it. There was so many mind blowing things that it's hard to believe it's a real world, I already mentioned few in my previous posts. Like Kazlauskas asking Guoga to make laws for controlling media. Like demonising Balciunas even if he worked just fine and he had NT players support, like Sabonis thinking that media or "some-one" made a conspiracy against NT because society was disgust with Kristof drawing swastika on his rucksack and made a scandal (obviously the reaction would be the same in any western country, but Sabonis seen it as conspiracy), also the brake down of the plain just before the trip to Slovenia was also taken "personally". Than later 2 years ago, to please you and ludux with rather fresh example, famous elections of NT head coach. Secret players' voting for their sympathies (great idea which "eliminated" Kurtinaitis as a candidate while he was arguably best possible choice available after Kazlauskas and maybe Jasikevicius...), the election system which even made Spokas confused and he blew it in the press just after the elections ("it's the competency of Sabonis"), the fiction of democratic voting at the end of the day (when media and some members of federation started to push sweet autocratic couple of Spokas and Sabonis). Sabonis avoiding media like he did all along his life and very rarely says anything to the media. Those bureaucratic declarations of their decisions is all you get from current federation. Not to mention that Adomaitis is the first coach who failed in Eurobasket and kept his job which was highly questionable. For the first time, I think, U-teams are going for 1-8 spots. This means this federation is saying that being 8th is OK. Also somehow our senior NT from 1-4/5, dropped to 1-8 recently regarding goals.

Does this federation does everything wrong? No. Do they work well? No, far from that. IMO, this federation is working worse than Balciunas' federation. Balciunas was obviously pro-active, he was very outspoken, highly educated, a hard worker. Garastas, aside his old timers rants, was charismatic and very open commentator of basketball things which connected federation with society. He crossed the line with some comments, that's true, but he also was very concern and had a familiar tone towards basketball issues. This federation is silent, closed and borderline autocratic, IMO.
    I think this surely should be a movie, just not about federation, but a comedy about your posts and desperate tries to make this federation look that bad... You try so hard, and the more you try the more you convince yourself with some really lame "facts" that happens everywhere all the time (fights vs media i.e. which is usual thing in sports), then more fun "facts" comes over. Like "goals" things you "finally" remembered, but.... of course - they are wrong set now Garatsas, Balciunas stuff ffs, amazing... You are jumping into the same river again and again, I think we'll talk about it in some 2024. Now it's pointless

Interestingly, how good is Ivanauskas, 21 y.o. PF playing in NCAA. I don't find any interesting recent highlights. His university is small, but managed to get to the March Madness, so shouldn't be a shitty team. He's averaging 16 pts not being able to play almost 2 years because of injuries before this season.

I feel sad for Sargiunas. He's been a very decent talent in Lithuania and could already been played some games in Zalgiris first team, but instead of this he has crappy minutes in the shitty NCAA team.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamcatcher View Post
    Those pts
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewx62KV4JsA

Vilys in the next game scored 30 pts (7/9 3pts). He was stacked for some long while so you wouldn't think promisingly about him, but he's doing so great offensively at the second half of the season.
    Two games of 39 pts in one NKL season for a 18yo is amazing. But he is nearly invisible in some other games. After first 39 pts game he also had 5 and 2 points games. Inconsistent, but surely has potential.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 99 of 99 FirstFirst ... 4989979899