This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Straight forward View Post
    9. G. Masiulis. IMO, most disappointing youngster this season. His stats even declined a bit and he was bleak overall. Declined three point shooting %. No brake out seasons as expected, mainly due to injuries.
    Both his seasons were stories of two halfs. Last year he was quiet in 3 first LKLrounds (KMT) when Jerai dominated and took over later. This season he was better than in beginning of last season until 2nd injury

18-09/19-03 31 gm, 21 mn, 09.1 pt, 11.0 ef, 58-32-77
    19-04/19-05 17 gm, 25 mn, 14.1 pt, 17.7 ef, 64-42-84
    19-09/19-12 14 gm, 25 mn, 12.6 pt, 15.2 ef, 60-35-77
    20-01/20-03 11 gm, 19 mn, 07.2 pt, 11.5 ef, 57-22-86

We can combine 2 and 3 into Peak Masiulis'19:
    31 gm, 25 mn, 13.4 pt, 16.6 ef, 4.9 rb, 1.2/0.6 as/to, 0.6 st, 0.5 bl, 62-39-82 and compare to Sakic
    28 gm, 27 mn, 13.3 pt, 17.2 ef, 6.6 rb, 2.6/2.1 as/to, 0.8 st, 0.3 bl, 54-38-80
    The Moon Is A SCAM(http://www.revisionism.nl/Moon/The-Mad-Revisionist.htm)!

Comment

• Originally posted by LuDux View Post
      Both his seasons were stories of two halfs. Last year he was quiet in 3 first LKLrounds (KMT) when Jerai dominated and took over later. This season he was better than in beginning of last season until 2nd injury

18-09/19-03 31 gm, 21 mn, 09.1 pt, 11.0 ef, 58-32-77
      19-04/19-05 17 gm, 25 mn, 14.1 pt, 17.7 ef, 64-42-84
      19-09/19-12 14 gm, 25 mn, 12.6 pt, 15.2 ef, 60-35-77
      20-01/20-03 11 gm, 19 mn, 07.2 pt, 11.5 ef, 57-22-86

We can combine 2 and 3 into Peak Masiulis'19:
      31 gm, 25 mn, 13.4 pt, 16.6 ef, 4.9 rb, 1.2/0.6 as/to, 0.6 st, 0.5 bl, 62-39-82 and compare to Sakic
      28 gm, 27 mn, 13.3 pt, 17.2 ef, 6.6 rb, 2.6/2.1 as/to, 0.8 st, 0.3 bl, 54-38-80
      Not really fair to treat it this way. The same Jokubaitis had injuries, but he coped with those much better. Masiulis showed that injuries really slows him down and takes time. IMO, he looked super impressive in the preseason, but got injured. In my opinion if not injury, he could be thinking about 14-15pts/6-8rbs for first three LKL months. Masiulis is a good prospect, sure fire NT material, but at the end of the day he doesn't really have expressed offensive profile and needs to be into 100% physical shape to make his present really felt. Much like daddy, also was pure hustling and hard working.
      LTU NT will snatch Eurobasket 2029 title with this roster:

Jokubaitis, Marciulionis, Laurencikas
      Indrusaitis, Brazdeikis, Rubstavicius
      Buzelis, Lelevicius
      Murauskas, Sirvydis
      Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Not really fair to treat it this way. The same Jokubaitis had injuries, but he coped with those much better. Masiulis showed that injuries really slows him down and takes time.
        Ooh, let's check. Before and after injury
        13 gm, 15 mn, 7.2 pt, 9.0 ef, 2.3 rb, 2.0 as, 1.3 to, 70-56-91
        12 gm, 18 mn, 7.2 pt, 8.0 ef, 1.7 rb, 3.2 as, 1.7 to, 53-33-71

Comment

• Jogela in first 7 games (LKL+KMT everythere) was substituting Sedekerskis at SF, after Dorsey's injury moved to PG/swing (Janavicius played 29 mpg, Jogela remaining 11 minutes plus 8 elsewere) and back to wing when Mazeika and then Dorsey returned

07 gm, 18 mn, 6.6 pt, 08.1 ef, 2.9 rb, 1.0/0.4 as/to, 0.4 st, 61-24-80, +/- 0.6
          11 gm, 19 mn, 7.8 pt, 11.2 ef, 3.5 rb, 2.9/1.4 as/to, 0.9 st, 67-39-88, +/- 4.5
          10 gm, 14 mn, 6.6 pt, 06.8 ef, 2.8 rb, 1.5/0.9 as/to, 0.4 st, 50-48-83, +/- 0.1

Is he next Grigonis/Kalnietis?

Comment

Is he next Grigonis/Kalnietis?
            Surely not Kalnietis. Doesn't have enough handles and is not natural ball dominant player as Kalnietis is/was. Grigonis has more IQ, versatility and leader's mentality. While Jogela is more athletic than Grigonis, loves to play off the ball more, like cutting in, crashing the boards. I question his motor a little bit, he should be a little bit more aggressive, hungry. But I really love that he can play face to face, to put the ball on the floor a little bit, he can shoot of the dribble a little bit, but generally should be much more sharper and aggressive. His D is also should yet to be tighten up. However, his hooting % was elite this season in LKL - 61,2/37,9/84,2. IMO, a bit overlooked youngster this season. If I would look for comparison, probably Šalenga comes to my mind.

Here's Jogela's dunk of the season: https://twitter.com/BasketballCL/sta...34060394999808
            Last edited by Straight forward; 04-03-2020, 04:53 PM.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
            Murauskas, Sirvydis
            Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

• LOL, Eurohopes has Uleckas as second best Euro talent in 1999 generation. Good joke.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
              Murauskas, Sirvydis
              Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

• There are more important things than youth basketball nowadays of course but since it's a certain thread there won't happen some promising and interesting events i already waited for. Those would be U20 team playing at home with plenty talents fighting for a gold and Tubelis and Marciulionis performing in both youth EL and U18 champ.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dreamcatcher View Post
                  There are more important things than youth basketball nowadays of course but since it's a certain thread there won't happen some promising and interesting events i already waited for. Those would be U20 team playing at home with plenty talents fighting for a gold and Tubelis and Marciulionis performing in both youth EL and U18 champ.
                  God damn it. I really freaking hate what 2020 has brought us so far.

Comment

• 2 great chances to snatch a medals (it's been a while) just faded...

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                    Murauskas, Sirvydis
                    Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

• And then it came to me: Sedekerskis = Carlos Jimenez. Height position, etc Except CJ was usually bad 3pt shooter

Comment

And then it came to me: Sedekerskis = Carlos Jimenez. Height position, etc Except CJ was usually bad 3pt shooter
                        Good comparison. However, Jimenez could really shoot. 39.2% EL career threes.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                        Murauskas, Sirvydis
                        Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Good comparison. However, Jimenez could really shoot. 39.2% EL career threes.

I only looked at his NT stats

Comment

2 great chances to snatch a medals (it's been a while) just faded...
                            I would say even three. In terms of talents it would be the richest summer i think. I was also curious how 16 y.o. Jocys is good. He's a brother of that supertalented girl. They both have dual American and Lith citizenship. He dominated in Lithuania (playing for a weak Palanga team though) and then moved to Italy. Federation was mad about that. There were some articles as it walked in media.

There aren't many highlights.

Comment

• Here's Sedekerskis season highlights. And it looks so good. I don't get this guy. Would his efficiency dramatically drop if he would be more active? Otherwise I can't explain how he's not doing more what he does. Has a little bit of everything - face to face drives, shooting, back to basket activity, both hands to finish, passing touch, athleticism, good defender. IMO, it's lack of confidence and identity crisis. In upcoming 2 more years we will know whenever he will remain super role player with incredibly small ego, or he will get his swagger back and starts going after buckets. He needs confidence and identity. Even if the first scenario, I'm still high on him. Complete skillset, ability to guard multiple positions. I'm highest on Kulboka and Sedekerskis as our future PFs.

Tadas Sedekerskis (born January 17, 1998) is a Lithuanian player for Neptūnas Klaipėda of the Lithuanian Basketball League (LKL) and the Champions League, on...

When you think about it, hyped as stretch 4 Masiulis shot the ball 30,0% and "non shooter" Sedekerskis 45% from the downtown this season. Masiulis LKL career threes - 38,75% (which is good), Sedekerskis - 46,65% (which is absolutely elite). It seems like we all underrated Sedekerskis shooting. He doesn't shoot a lot, but he can surely shoot.
                              Last edited by Straight forward; 04-12-2020, 03:50 PM.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                              Murauskas, Sirvydis
                              Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

• Looks very raw for his age. Has problems with stepping when running the rim, passing looks awful, shooting is definitely improvable but by far not good enough for higher levels but he has a good pace and strength and a solid motor so it looks like.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information