This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hepcat View Post
    No, why would I make things up? I misread the part about his defence though:

Translation (without resorting to any dictionary): During the season rumours had arisen, that A.Marčiulioni wasn't satisfied with his role in the team (direction of the team?), the work during practice and there was talk that the guard might leave, but these breezes have calmed.

Why would Marčiulionis have been unhappy with his own work in practice? That doesn't make sense. The sentence seems to imply that there was unhappiness from another quarter about Marčiulionis' work.

It doesn't make sense because you got it wrong. It is written "During the season there were rumours that Marciulionis isn't satisfied with his role and the quality of (team's) trainings (...)". Let's try to be precise, specially when quoting.
    LTU NT will snatch Eurobasket 2029 title with this roster:

Jokubaitis, Marciulionis, Laurencikas
    Indrusaitis, Brazdeikis, Rubstavicius
    Buzelis, Lelevicius
    Murauskas, Sirvydis
    Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

• Originally posted by Svajunas View Post
      I don't know about the coaches, but some of the things they say, as SF pointed out is flat out strange. We, fans of the game, who follow young prospects and watch them play have a right to disaggree with their opinion. SF chooses harsh words, but hes passionate and everyone has their right to express their opinion.
      But the coaches opinion isn't so strange. While I myself agree with Straight forward in thinking that Augustas Marčiulionis is a more promising prospect than Marek Blaževič, I know that these things are highly uncertain. As the old saying goes "there's many a slip twixt cup and lip". Therefore to cavalierly dismiss coaches who hold the opposite opinion as "idiots" is not the mark of prudent thinking.

Comment

• Interview with Sireika. Pretty interesting. Personally I think that banning screens and p'n'r in young age BB schools was correct move by federation. We dragging behind in terms of individual guards skills. It's good that now we have a talented generation coming with Marciulionis, Jokubaitis, Velicka, but it's genes in 2 former cases and random one in the latter (Velicka didn't have special coaches ever, he just happened to be natural born baller), but tracking down the genesis of our modern BB, it's obvious we are suffering because of that. Good team ball and coherence is good, but you also need individual talent to make it done. I think Sireika missing the point that young Jasikevicius could do everything, not only playing terrific p'n'r, he was simply a huge standout offensively. We need to pay attention more to physical preparation, feet work and ISO skills overall. It's good that Jokubaitis had Jasikevicius and now Schiller as his coaches, those guys can teach something. Now who is teaching A. Marciulionis? I have no idea, I only know that Rooney follows his development and gives some insights, so that's good. I believe that may be one of the reasons why Augustas may stay in Vilnius instead of NCAA, even though I think it's some 40/60 in the favour of NCAA. Sireika seem to understand A. Marciulionis and Tubelis adequately, that's already something, he didn't say some nonsense which usually comes out from our coaches mouths (specially those who work with Youth...):

Portalas tv3.lt tęsia projektą „Kita karta“. Šį kartą analizuojame, kodėl U16, U18 ir U20 reitingo lyderiais tapo aukštaūgiai.U16 kategorijoje nugalėjo ...

Buzelis, Lelevicius
        Murauskas, Sirvydis
        Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

• Originally posted by Straight forward View Post
          Personally I think that banning screens and p'n'r in young age BB schools was correct move by federation. We dragging behind in terms of individual guards skills. It's good that now we have a talented generation coming with Marciulionis, Jokubaitis, Velicka, but it's genes in 2 former cases and random one in the latter (Velicka didn't have special coaches ever, he just happened to be natural born baller), but tracking down the genesis of our modern BB, it's obvious we are suffering because of that. Good team ball and coherence is good, but you also need individual talent to make it done.
          That same question keeps arising concerning youth hockey in Canada, i.e. whether there should be less focus on the team game and more focus on individual skills development with a view to creating elite players to represent Canada in international competition. But there are some very powerful arguments against such an approach from the standpooint that it flies in the face of the rationale underlying youth sport.

What's the primary purpose of youth sports? They're for the kids to have fun! And what's more fun, endless drilling or actually playing games? Clearly the latter, and playing effectively, i.e. winning a good portion of the time, is more fun than just playing. And playing as a team is the most effective way to win.

Secondly, team sports such as hockey and basketball are also about teaching kids life skills. And when it comes to life skills, learning the value of team work stands head and shoulders above learning to execute behind the back crossovers.

Comment

• So Lithuania U19 will go against Canada, Senegal and Japan in the group stage. Should be a great battle between us and Canada for the top spot. Canada has one NBA prospect that may be drafted this year already, it's Tubelis' teammate Bennedict Mathurin, other big prospects as Quincy Guerrier and Marcus Carr. Senegal might be pretty tough nut as well. Hopefully we'll have all our pieces and most importantly the team will be lead by Marciulionis and Tubelis.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
            Murauskas, Sirvydis
            Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

• Today LL met MM: https://mkl.lt/league/603/game/4384241/
              Lelevicius: 31 mn; 13 ef; 17 pt; (3/6 3/8 2/3); 8 rb; 1 as/4 to
              Mockus: 30 mn; 15 pt; (6/14 0/1 3/9); 12 rb; 5 as/0 to, 2 st
              Very similar picture to NKLyga: Lelevicius is better shooter, Mockus fills star sheet better

Meanwhile in u16 some kid is averaging triple double after 8 games
              The Moon Is A SCAM(http://www.revisionism.nl/Moon/The-Mad-Revisionist.htm)!

Comment

• It sucks that youth European champs were cancelled once again. In other sports those are taking place.

Some younger fellows could strenghten U19 team in WC then. I marked them black.

PG: Marciulionis, Rubinas
                SG: Rubstavicius, Lukosius, Pivorius
                SF: Lelevicius, Repsys
                PF: Murauskas, Preibys
                C: Tubelis, Jocius, Kojenets

Comment

• Originally posted by Dreamcatcher View Post
                  It sucks that youth European champs were cancelled once again. In other sports those are taking place.

The thing is that there will be alternative tournaments which will be voluntary, but we probably be in. So it's uncertain if we will add younger talented players to Tubelis' and Marciulionis' generation. Obviously Murauskas, Lelavicius and few bigs would change a lot. And Mockus, A. Brazdeikis, Buzelis (if those 2 latter semi Americans would be invited) could also be candidates.

However, we needs bigs mostly. Tubelis is a great big, but he's one man army at this point.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                  Murauskas, Sirvydis
                  Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

It sucks that youth European champs were cancelled once again. In other sports those are taking place.

So no Murauskas, Lukosius (I think he's listed as German/Lithuanian and it's a question whenever he's in the mood to represent Lithuania ever at this point). Also no Mockus, ludux must be pissed (I also wanted to see how he moves BTW). But Lelevicius IN, and most importantly we have some centers now in Jocius and Kojenets. Starting lineup with Kojenets, Tubelis, Lelevicius, Rubstavicius, Marciulionis should kick some ass. The camp starts as soon as the summer starts:

Lietuvos vaikinų U19 rinktinė, bus vienintelė jaunimo ekipa, kuri šią vasarą dalyvaus oficialiame FIBA turnyre – pasaulio čempionate Latvijoje. Po praėjusią savaitę vykusių burtų ceremonijos paaiškėjo, jog Lietuvos rinktinė kovas turnyre pradės A grupėje kartu ...

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                    Murauskas, Sirvydis
                    Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

So no Murauskas, Lukosius (I think he's listed as German/Lithuanian and it's a question whenever he's in the mood to represent Lithuania ever at this point). Also no Mockus, ludux must be pissed (I also wanted to see how he moves BTW). But Lelevicius IN, and most importantly we have some centers now in Jocius and Kojenets. Starting lineup with Kojenets, Tubelis, Lelevicius, Rubstavicius, Marciulionis should kick some ass. The camp starts as soon as the summer starts:

https://ltu.basketball/devyniolikmec...vasaros-diena/
                      Murauskas is in.

Lukosius lived his life in Lithuania untill his 16 or 17. I don't think he already got German citizenship even if he is doing very well there. He already gets his minutes in Bundesliga and Lith. media didn't miss it. Potentially he could be one of the best in this team.

Comment

Murauskas is in.

Lukosius lived his life in Lithuania untill his 16 or 17. I don't think he already got German citizenship even if he is doing very well there. He already gets his minutes in Bundesliga and Lith. media didn't miss it. Potentially he could be one of the best in this team.
                        My bad. Then the team is even more stacked and we can start with Tubelis at 5, Murauskas 4, Lelevicius 3, Rubstavicius 2, Marciulionis 1. That's legit, really.

Well, here Lukosius listed as Geman, that may be an indication that he has Germany's passport:

The official site of Euroleague Basketball. Check out live matches, stats, standings, teams, players, interviews, fantasy challenge and much more.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                        Murauskas, Sirvydis
                        Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

And Mockus, A. Brazdeikis, Buzelis (if those 2 latter semi Americans would be invited) could also be candidates.
                          Is A. Brazdeikis the brother of Ignas? If so, he'd be Canadian and not American.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hepcat View Post
                            Is A. Brazdeikis the brother of Ignas? If so, he'd be Canadian and not American.

Yes and yes. North American lets say

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                            Murauskas, Sirvydis
                            Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

https://ltu.basketball/devyniolikmec...vasaros-diena/
                              I was but I did some voodoo doll things and I'm alright now
                              The Moon Is A SCAM(http://www.revisionism.nl/Moon/The-Mad-Revisionist.htm)!

Comment

• Originally posted by LuDux View Post
                                I was but I did some voodoo doll things and I'm alright now
                                Sounds like pretty cheap and self-harmless way to wash away the pain...

On other hand, Tubelis' brother proceeds the odyssey Surely, Mockus, A. Brazdeikis, Lukosius, Buzelis and maybe even Jocys could be in the list.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                                Murauskas, Sirvydis
                                Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information