No announcement yet.

Adriatic league 2008/2009

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I expect Buducnost to win, cause in Adriatic league, the referees use to favour home teams.

Comment

Except Zagreb and Partizan, there are no firm favorites in opening round

Zadar had all sorts of problems heading into the season. Gecevski and Ivanov missed big chunk of traning camp due to playing for Macedonia and Bulgaria, and coach Petrovic had a falling out with Romel Beck, who is now out of the team. Split on the other hand has 7 new players in the rotation, but they played well in preparation games and may very well be able to snatch surprise win.

Bosna didn`t look particularly well in two of the games i was able to see. They have good perimeter line, but their inside game is pretty weak. They are expected to sign additional player or two, but as of now they are going into the season with inexperienced youngsters Suljagic and Zimic at C position. Helios seems to have decent team, no paper atleast.

Buducnost`s starting five backourt of Mijatovic (Otasevic) - Gordic - Micov is one of the strongest in the competition. While Dasic will play at PF for starters to cover up the absence of Dragicevic. Considering Olimpija`s problems with injurys, i`ll give them slight edge.

You can never understimate FMP, but this edition seems to lack atleast some experienced players. Thier guards are not up to the level of thier frontline and they might face big problems in running thier halfcourt sets considering that most of their perimeter players show limited ability to break down defense. I˙ll bet on Zvezda in that one, they have very good roster now it`s up to Pesic to turn them into a formidable team.

Hemofarm also didn`t look particularly good in preparation period, but Cibona was not impressing also. Markota is not with the team and Marshall arived just a few days ago so he might not play much. Hemofarm has great depth under the basket with Macvan, Marjanovic, Vukosavljevic, Savovic and Bozovic all capable of producing. Thier PG position is also very good with underrated Pavkovic and talented Markovic, but while Joksimovic and Krstovic are very good players they lack some more scoring power from thier wings.
      My blog about european hoops http://insidehoops.blog.com

Comment

Helios-Bosna: 74-79
        FMP Zeleznik-Crvena Zvezda: 78-84
        Zadar-Split: 81-67
        Zagreb-Vojvodina: 81-90
        Buducnost-Olimpija: 82-73
        Partizan-Krka: 74-67
        Hemofarm-Cibona: 86-76
        Last edited by MarkoMilic; 10-04-2008, 08:10 PM.
        Blog

Comment

Terrible game by Olimpija, they weren't able to adapt to aggressive Budućnost defence and also surprisingly they also lost rebounding... Wallace, dear god, youngster Sarajlija should get his minutes...

Originally posted by elaj
          I'd bet mostly on home teams, except on Budućnost - Olimpija, hard to say, Olimpija is the favourite, but latest news say that Ilievski, Hukić and Klobučar might not play due to injuries (Klobučar out for a month). Missing especially Ilievski would be a big handicap for Olimpija. We'll have to see how Wallace will respond.
          Ilievski played despite being slightly injured, but Wallace... no comment, terrible start for him.

Comment

One again: Ljubliana is great in preperation, but lost first game in the Adriatic...
            2022/2023:
            PG: Brown, D-BA, Ziv
            SG: Baldwin, Hollins
            SF: Hillard, Pnini, Menco
            PF: Martin, Colson, Cohen
            PF: Nebo, Poyters, Sorkin

Comment

Originally posted by Roy M
              One again: Ljubliana is great in preperation, but lost first game in the Adriatic...
              Great? They had two great games through whole preparation, everything else was average. This was way below average today.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkoMilic
                Helios-Bosna: 74-79
                FMP Zeleznik-Crvena Zvezda: 78-84
                Zadar-Split: 81-67
                Zagreb-Vojvodina: 81-90
                Buducnost-Olimpija: 82-73
                Great game from montenegrian duo Ivanovic and Sehovic for Bosna.
                FMP play very well in first half (Samardziski, Labovic and youngs Miltunovic 1990 and Zivanovic 1989), but in the third quarter Kikanovic, Keselj and Owens give victory to Crvena Zvezda. I consider it more as a FMP loss than a Red Star win.
                Zadar in a new stadium beat Split. I didn't see the game so I won't comment.
                Vojvodina beat Zadar due to a great game from SG Sutalo (7/8 from 3pts line)
                Serbians Simonovic (an atlethic SF with good 3pts shoot, didn't play a lot last year in Hemofarm) and Bojovic, with the help of the montenegrian phenom Dasic were the main players for Buducnost.
                Hemofarm beat Cibona. Macvan was once again himself (amazing), the montenegrian PF Bozovic too, good games from Krstovic and Pavkovic. For Cibona, US PG Calloway showed great abilities.
                Partizan also win.

Comment

Amazing story: Juby Johnson of Zadar (an American who is playing there for 5 years already despite having better financial offers all over the Europe) helped Tornado (fans of Zadar) with money issues for the trip to away game in Zagreb vs. Cibona. Fans had problems with raising the money for the trip... Juby Johnson heard that and decided to pay all travel expenses - 6000kn (around 1100€).

Interview with Juby Johnson before todays game vs. Cibona (made by zadarsport.com):

Hello Juby, how are the preparations for the game against Cibona going?
                  "Everything is in order, we are all prepared for the game and we are ready to do everything for the win. I'm sure we will try our hardest. We are all excited, and I hope we win."

There were some rumors in city of Zadar that you donated 6000kn to Tornado so they would be able to support the team in away game in Zagreb?
                  "I don't know who said this to you, but yes I helped Tornado with money issues. Why did I do that? They are part of my family. Tornado became my family during the years here. They are always supporting us, so why shouldn't I support them back? This is just my way of saying thanks and keep supporting us in the future."

"Money is something which doesn't last. They weren't sure if they'd get enough finances on time to travel to Zagreb and at that time I asked the guys if they are coming to Zagreb... When I heard that money is still being raised for this trip and that its not sure if Tornado is coming to Zagreb, I decided to donate the money by myself. We, players want them and we need them in Zagreb for this game."

Comment

He'll be a hero among them, especially after they won that game today. Nice stuff.

Comment

We won four games in the row. Stimac showed yesterday why he is going to become one of the best centers in Europe in the near future
                      UZEO SI TROFEJ MACVANE MACVANE MACVANE!!!

Comment

Round 5 - Zagreb vs Partizan online broadcast here now.
                        Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht
                        Artificial Nature

Comment

Zagreb almost did it... Unbelievable turnaround by Partizan forcing an OT and winning 91-92.
                          Last edited by rikhardur; 10-25-2008, 05:49 PM.
                          Artificial Nature

Comment

SER - Krka surprise Hemofarm; Partizan win in OT at Zagreb

VRSAC (Adriatic League) - Krka Novo mesto sprung an upset at Hemofarm and Partizan Belgrade needed overtime to prevail at KK Zagreb in the Adriatic League this weekend.

Davor Marcelic was five of seven from long range and scored 21 points in Krka's 75-73 triumph at Hemofarm.

Simon Petrov's two free throws late in the contest were the game's final points, though Miljan Pavkovic did have a chance to draw Hemofarm level but missed a lay-up at the end.

Krka, who won promotion to the Adriatic League this season, won for the first time in the competition on the road in five years.

Vladen Vukosavljevic had 21 in defeat for Hemofarm.

Partizan Belgrade overcame 23 points and 14 rebounds from rising Croatia star Ante Tomic to post a 92-91 triumph in OT at KK Zagreb.

Serbia international Uros Tripkovic made four of five shots from behind the arc on his way to 20 points for Partizan, who remained undefeated.

Zagreb fell behind in the extra period when Stephane Lasme made one of two at the stripe for a 92-91 lead.

The hosts called timeout but Tomic missed a potential game-winning three-ball at the end.

Red Star Belgrade remained undefeated like Partizan after an 83-71 triumph over visiting Split.

In other games, Zadar won over Helios 73-67, Buducnost defeated Bosna 85-68 and FMP beat Cibona 85-76.
                            Artificial Nature

Comment

There is no doubt that Red Star is the main candidate to wini it all. We have amazing coach and very nice team. In every game that we played somebody
                              steped up. Partizan is not that strong this year. They need badly big guy and point guard.
                              UZEO SI TROFEJ MACVANE MACVANE MACVANE!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Srle
                                Partizan is not that strong this year. They need badly big guy and point guard.
                                I agree with you about that C, but I think that SF is needed more, because when Vitkovac is out we tend to struggle a bit. In the end, as you sad Partizan is not that strong this year, but in fact we are strong enough for Red Star...

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information