Spain 2008 NT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by g.g
    At least they have an extra game. As far as I know Greece is keep looking desperately for anyone free to play.
    Dont get me started with that. I know what you mean.
    However i dont think that Spain should be playing Hungary at this point of their preparation games. I mean they played Russia, Argentina, Lithuania and then..hungary..i know that probaboy they want to rest a bit and take it easy but what is the point of a game if you take it easy when even a proper training would be harder for the players than this game.
    Also Hungary will not really gain anything from this game..
    I mean it is like TEAM ice hokey Russia has a friendly with team Greece! (what team Greece)

Comment

• Spain 91 Lithuania 66

Spain proved it's worth by dismantling the Lithuanian team. I don't know the final tally but Spain looked like it had a million steals as Lithuania had a hard time getting it past halfcourt. There's no doubt that despite his age, Ricky Rubio was the right choice for the job! It was his steals and flashy passes that broke the game wide open midway through the 2nd quarter. And lets give credit to Rudy F for a phenominal game!
      As for you Lithuania fans, get over it, Jasikevicius is not that good! he got OWNED by the Spanish full court press. Bring back Kalneitis! and as usuall when it comes to big games(remember Russia 2007 semis?) the Lak Bro's proved to be a non factor. Should of fought better to get Big Z! But at least they had one decent newcomer in Lukauskis

Comment

• Wr we can see the game?
        sigpic
        GERA ELLADARA MOU!!!!!

Comment

• Yes, Lithuania made more than 20 to's, was not ready for a full court pressing, lost rebounds (played with more guards). Btw, it's not the final 12 yet, also lack of Å iÅ¡ka was huge. But now we can see what to improve and I'm sure that coaches will make right decisions after this game. And finally, that was a preparation game, right?
          One day the tides will turn
          One day the fields will burn
          One day the seas will churn
          The fury of our maker’s hand

Comment

Wr we can see the game?

You can download it here.
            Originally posted by FIBA Europe Basket
            You are a troll.

Comment

• Many thanks. I cant wait to see both teams
              sigpic
              GERA ELLADARA MOU!!!!!

Comment

• Enjoy

This kid is just a genious, after the game, a media reporter asked him how a 17 years old could have done that play in the NT, and Rubio said something like, 'I don't know it's natural, I did it whitout thinking'
                My god, this kid is superb, I was like.. Damn and he's just 17

Comment

• Why don't the Greeks play a preparation game against the Spaniards?
                  Is it because both are scared of each other?

Originally posted by porompompero
                  Enjoy

This kid is just a genious, after the game, a media reporter asked him how a 17 years old could have done that play in the NT, and Rubio said something like, 'I don't know it's natural, I did it whitout thinking'
                  My god, this kid is superb, I was like.. Damn and he's just 17
                  Super!
                  Last edited by Juan Carlos Nadal; 07-25-2008, 11:52 PM.
                  sigpic
                  GERA ELLADARA MOU!!!!!

Comment

Why don't the Greeks play a preparation game against the Spaniards?
                    Is it because both are scared of each other?
                    They do not want to know each others weaknesses

Comment

• Originally posted by L8DBACK
                      They do not want to know each others weaknesses
                      What, like Cold War secrets?
                      "I really like the attitudes of eagles. They never give up. When they grab a fish or something else, they never let it go. It doesn't matter. In a book, they write they find a skeleton of [an] eagle and there is no fish. It means that the fish beat him and killed him, but he didn't let go." -- Donatas Motiejunas

Comment

• Originally posted by mvblair
                        What, like Cold War secrets?
                        The question should have been; why US, Greeks and Spanish dont play any prep games each other this summer?
                        Because they are the only three teams believing and going there to bring gold. Up noses basically. GO ANGOLA!!!!!
                        sigpic
                        GERA ELLADARA MOU!!!!!

Comment

The question should have been; why US, Greeks and Spanish dont play any prep games each other this summer?
                          Because they are the only three teams believing and going there to bring gold. Up noses basically. GO ANGOLA!!!!!
                          Maybe because they all are in the same group Usually teams tries to avoid that. For example, Lithuania almost ALWAYS play against Russia during preps, but this year it was canceled. The only team from our group that we played against is Argentina, but as our basketball federation said - they wanted to cancel this game too, but the problem was that this agreement was made before knowing the actual olympic groups so they could not do that.

Of course there might be other reasons, but most probably it's the one I've just mentioned.
                          Girdėjau gandą - ateina lietūs

Comment

• right now Spain's playing Hungary!Ricky Rubio is starting!

[QUOTE=penzias]http://www.misexta.tv/home/5_2/22/131

Comment

• does anyone have a guess as to how much Ricky will actually play when the games count in China? I don't see why Lopez should be playing ahead of him...in the games I've watches Ricky looks like the best player on the court whenever he's out there.

Comment

• Being Aito the coach, be sure Rubio will play his minutes, starter? no, will fight for minutes with Raul? sure, but nobody knows, I personally think Rubio adds more to the game of Spain than Lopez, but this is just an opinion. I think this is not too important for him, he said it's still hard for him to accept that he'll be in the olympics with the NT, it's a dream for him, and in my opinion it's fine if he plays slightly more minutes than Lopez.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information