View Poll Results: Which team will win BBL trophy?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Žalgiris

11 64.71%
  • Lietuvos rytas

6 35.29%
  • ASK Riga

0 0%
  • Barons

0 0%

Thread: Baltic Basketball League Final 4

Default Baltic Basketball League Final 4

On April 25-26th days, BBL Final 4 will take place in "Šiaulių Arena".

Semifinals (04.25):
    "Lietuvos rytas" Vilnius - "Barons" Riga
    "Žalgiris" Kaunas - ASK Riga

The Big Final and game for the third place will be on Saturday.

Žalgiris: there is one way to go

Lietuvos Rytas: can they do it again?

ASK Riga: a journey

Barons/LMT: favorites for upset?

Barons with Gustas very serious opponent. Beware of FIBA MVP Giedrius Gustas and super coach Bagatskis

Quote Originally Posted by Test
    Barons with Gustas very serious opponent. Beware of FIBA MVP Giedrius Gustas and super coach Bagatskis
    Actually Bagatskis is Valmiera coach...

Quote Originally Posted by Test
    super coach Bagatskis

Good player....far from good coach. Valmiera lost to VEF Riga in the first 1/4 final game of LBL with 69:96, I don't know what will "super coach" do next year but I don't think he'll be in Valmiera...
    Still Barons is far inferior to Rytas but you know, when there's a game, there's a chance. And Barons has never won Rytas, so why not now

And I think Siauliai will see many Latvian fans today, the city is only 150 km from Riga, it's friday evening, tickets are cheap, two games two clubs from Riga + 2 Euroleague clubs. The weather is fine, there is no border now (ok, it wasn't difficult to cross it earlier but still) some will travel from Riga and drive home after the games, some will stay in Siauliai...

any links of this games?

Opening is brilliant as always...
    These things always cut 50% of my willingness to watch basketball...

PS: why Gustas isn't playing? I don't see any other available PG's in Barons...
    Last edited by Straight forward; 04-25-2008 at 03:39 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The flick from the future...

Quote Originally Posted by Straight forward
    Muiznieks: ''Gustas have not really taken part in our practices in the last two two days. We’ll see how he’s feeling today and tommorrow and then we’ll make a decision. Armands Skele is OK, he’s been training without any problems. There was a muscle injury for Raimonds Vaikulis, but he will be ready to play too.''

PG's are Vaikulis, Jefferson (can also play as SG and Skele sometimes does the passing too)...but yeah, we missed him a lot today.
    He didn't play today because he got injury in the FIBA Euro Cup final game.

Barons lost 73:89, a half of game good but later Rytas showed their strength in the 3rd quarter. Well, Barons didn't play good but even if they would, Rytas is still Euroleague top 16 team and it would be a miracle to overcome them. But we still have to beat ASK for the bronze and next year the team will have even bigger budget and higher goals and will keep on developing

No chances for ASK Riga against Zalgiris tonight, 100:82 Zalgiris won.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Today in the final Žalgiris will play without Mamadou N'daye, who got injured yesterday. It may be that season for him could be over, but everything will be clear on Monday...

Rytas- Zalgiris- amazing game! The clock is not working, DC hits every shot and Popovic nailed the triple almost from the centre line in last seconds. DC with 17 points after first querter.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Rytas- Zalgiris- amazing game! The clock is not working, DC hits every shot and Popovic nailed the triple almost from the centre line in last seconds. DC with 17 points after first querter.
    Second quater was a bit better for Rytas - they managed to cut the gap to -8. The shot clock on the board Rytas was attacking to was still not working, so the announcer is still counting the remaining seconds till the end of the shot clock.

BTW, you can watch the game here

DC Collins made 2 pts shot 0.5sec before the end of 4 quater and Žalgiris won 86 - 84!!!!

Un-frikin-believable final.

In the second half all the technical problems were repaired, and the situation was fine till the middle of the fourth quater. After third quater Žalgiris was still ahead by 8. Then Rytas managed to cut the lead, and totaly brainless threepointer by Bajramovič have equalized the score with two minuters remaining till the full time. With six seconds till time Nielsen fouled Jurak when fighting for the rebound. Jurak made two free throws and it seemed Žalgiris will win it - Trifunovič asks for a timeout. After it Price made a drive to the basket and was fouled by Collins. Timeout Žalgiris. After the timeout Collins gets the ball, drives to the basket, and scores an unbelievable shot. 0,5 seconds on the clock - Rytas is demoralized to do something. Žalgiris regains the Baltic League Championship after two season break.

Awesome game,great ending.Btw I saw Mamadou jumping in after-game celebration,so maybe its not that bad as we think and he will return before the finals,i sure hope so,it will be easier to beat Rytas,even though,as todays game showed,we can beat them even without N'Diaye.
    ZALIAI BALTAS

Quote Originally Posted by Mayo
    Awesome game,great ending.Btw I saw Mamadou jumping in after-game celebration,so maybe its not that bad as we think and he will return before the finals,i sure hope so,it will be easier to beat Rytas,even though,as todays game showed,we can beat them even without N'Diaye.
    He was jumping with one leg. Not so encouraging view....

Great game! DC was a monster tonight. Congrats to Zalgiris! We have the second trophy this season
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Congrats to Žalgiris, once again my prediction was wrong
    Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht
    Artificial Nature