Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Article about Nastic in Toronto

Article about Nastic in Toronto:

thestar.com is Canada’s largest online news site. Live news, investigations, politics, sports and the heartbeat of Toronto, Canada's largest city.

Comment

Stefan Duric from Nelson high school in Burlington, Ontario is going to be really good.

Comment

Stefan Duric (6'1 '96) is a tremendous shooter, ranked among the 175 best player of the 2015 class in Northern America.

Comment

Yes hes a big potential, he almost made Ontario U16 team at the age of 14. KSS needs to contact him.
          Last edited by Danilovic5; 07-13-2011, 03:56 AM.

Comment

stefan duric

Stefan Duric is a 9 th grader at Nelson high school and is born in late December of 1996 he 6'3" and is still has plenty to grow , he is absolutely a deadly 3 pt shooter but can get to the basket off of dribble too , he was the Hall of Fame U14 MVP in Springfield AAU tournament this past weekend and is now moved up the 2015 rankings in all of USA to #77 from 173 in a span of two weeks

Comment

Petar Rusic

Now this kid PETAR RUSIC is somebody who will soon be familiar to everyone , he is 6' 4" plays at Loyola High School in Oakville ,Ontario and is going to FINDLAY PREP in Las Vegas in Sept where he will be the starting two guard on the best high school team in the USA last 3 years , Petar is a tremendous scorer , great first step and has had 7 games in his young career with over 10 three point baskets made , is the best 16 year old in Canada after Andrew Wiggins, SYRACUSE, UNLV ,FLORIDA, KENTUCKY and UNC are already lining up to recruit him heavy , he is soph in high school.

Comment

Miroslav Jaksic

Belgrade native Miroslav Jaksic (PF 6'10 '95) is also an intriguing prospect. He is right now one of the best inside player in the class of 2014 in Canada. He played for Canada U16 at the FIBA U16 Americas championship and had 9 points and 8 rebounds against USA U16 in only 13 minutes. He is a NCAA high D1 prospect.
                Last edited by serbianhoops; 07-13-2011, 08:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by syracuse 44 View Post
                  Now this kid PETAR RUSIC is somebody who will soon be familiar to everyone , he is 6' 4" plays at Loyola High School in Oakville ,Ontario and is going to FINDLAY PREP in Las Vegas in Sept where he will be the starting two guard on the best high school team in the USA last 3 years , Petar is a tremendous scorer , great first step and has had 7 games in his young career with over 10 three point baskets made , is the best 16 year old in Canada after Andrew Wiggins, SYRACUSE, UNLV ,FLORIDA, KENTUCKY and UNC are already lining up to recruit him heavy , he is soph in high school.
                  Two year ago, Rusic was a pure shooter who was a real nightmare for opponents when he was on fire because he was able to strecht the defense with a seemingly unlimited rang. At the time he had to improve his dribble-drive penetration and his shoot selection. It seems he improved very well.

Comment

jaksic , duric , rusic

I live in Burlington ,Ont. and watch high school hoops extensively so I am familiar with these underclassman of Serbian decent in Ontario and I think these 3 will represent team Canada senior men's team one day , I know coach Leo Rautins personally and he is aware of all three , especially Rusic and Jaksic ! I am wondering how you guys are aware of them when it appears to me you guys reside in Serbia ,please explain if in fact you have seen them play in person or you just heard about their respective success . Another kid from Hamilton ,Ont to pay attention to is Nikola Djogo he is only in grade 8 but has outstanding skills , lightening quick and as a Serb can naturally drill it from deep !

Comment

stefan duric

I know Stefan Duric is going to Serbia after the Las vegas BIG TIME tourney AAU U16 in late July , he will be at Dejan Bodiroga's camp in Trebinje for 2 weeks and one week in Zlatibor, in August so maybe somebody from KSS will notice him there.

Comment

young Serbs who want to come to USA

I am wondering if super talents like DUSAN RISTIC 1995, 6'9" who is with FMP in Belgrade would consider coming to USA to finish high school because if he did make such a decision I feel he would become one of top 5 players in his senior year and therefore a McDonald's all american -heavily recruited by all the top NCAA schools, be a ONE and DONE college player and as a result be in the NBA when he reaches 19 yrs , by staying in europe no chance of that happening so early maybe by 22 yrs, so think about how much money they lose, it could be several million dollars. Players like Djordje Kaplanovic and Vasilije Micic , Aleksandar Cvetkovic really should think about this option if the NBA is their goal. I know big time Serbian basketball agents like Misko Raznatovic are totally allergic and against such moves by the very elite top 5 type talents because selfishly they think once they go to america that is the end of their contact with such future talents , that does not have to be the case. I know I am in the agent business . More important than the desires of agents is the careers of the players - In saying this who out there knows some exceptionally talented players in Serbia who are interested in the USA path ages 15-17 , please feel free to list them

Comment

young serbs to usa continued

There are many cases of Serbian kids going to USA but these so far have been the ones who really have not been successful in making their respective age group national teams over there and so in order to continue playing they intelligently come here in the hopes of pursuing an education through basketball, there has yet to be one of the SUPER talents to actually decide the high school route. As an example of the power in making this choice the Turkish player ENIS KANTER who as an 18 yr old ( too late ) did come to america to play one year at Stonebridge Prep in California, and then competed in the NIKE HOOP SUMMIT game for international squad- was excellent and NBA scouts noticed him instantly , he was recruited by every major D1 program, chose KENTUCKY however he was unfortunately ruled ineligible to play because his home country club team presented some fake contracts so as to hurt his amateur status , if he was here at age 17 then no such problems, BUT anyway his time and practice at Kentucky ELEVATED him to a number 3 pick in this past June's NBA draft - this never would have happened for him so early if he did not take this path and NOW he is a multi millionaire NBA rookie at age 19 ( 3 years 12.4 million rookie contract ). I know there are every year in Serbia 2-3 Enis Kanter type of kids who are being misinformed about this opportunity so please feel free to advertise them on this site , they deserve to expand their options !!

Comment

We would have a better chance of getting these players if we had a capable basketball federation, but unfortunately at this time we do not.

The only problem with going to the NCAA is that it's really far away from home and they would not be getting paid, remember most of these kids are not from rich families and need to help their parents,brothers,sisters.

Comment

I live in Burlington ,Ont. and watch high school hoops extensively so I am familiar with these underclassman of Serbian decent in Ontario and I think these 3 will represent team Canada senior men's team one day, I know coach Leo Rautins personally and he is aware of all three, especially Rusic and Jaksic ! I'am wondering how you guys are aware of them when it appears to me you guys reside in Serbia ,please explain if in fact you have seen them play in person or you just heard about their respective success. Another kid from Hamilton ,Ont to pay attention to is Nikola Djogo he is only in grade 8 but has outstanding skills , lightening quick and as a Serb can naturally drill it from deep !
                              I like to waste my time and to travel. I already saw several serbian/canadian high school prospects live such as Dejan Kravic(during his Westminster senior year), Stefan Cvrkalj (during his Bluevale junior year), Stefan Nastic (at the 2008 U16 European Championship), Stefan Jankovic (with Toronto Hoop Factory Elite at the 2009 Victor Rho Tournament) & Luka Petkovic (with British Columbia at the 2010 U15 nationals).

I know Stefan Duric is going to Serbia after the Las vegas BIG TIME tourney AAU U16 in late July , he will be at Dejan Bodiroga's camp in Trebinje for 2 weeks and one week in Zlatibor, in August so maybe somebody from KSS will notice him there.
                              The serbian '96 generation is far weaker than the '95 one, so he maybe have a chance to be noticed. Moreover, Dejan Bodiroga is now working for Serbian Basketball Federation (he is now in charge of youth national teams). But the matter of concern is that all prospects from Canada aren't showing interest to play for Serbia except Stefan Nastic.

I am wondering if super talents like DUSAN RISTIC 1995, 6'9" who is with FMP in Belgrade would consider coming to USA to finish high school because if he did make such a decision I feel he would become one of top 5 players in his senior year and therefore a McDonald's all american -heavily recruited by all the top NCAA schools, be a ONE and DONE college player and as a result be in the NBA when he reaches 19 yrs , by staying in europe no chance of that happening so early maybe by 22 yrs, so think about how much money they lose, it could be several million dollars. Players like Djordje Kaplanovic and Vasilije Micic , Aleksandar Cvetkovic really should think about this option if the NBA is their goal. I know big time Serbian basketball agents like Misko Raznatovic are totally allergic and against such moves by the very elite top 5 type talents because selfishly they think once they go to america that is the end of their contact with such future talents , that does not have to be the case. I know I am in the agent business . More important than the desires of agents is the careers of the players - In saying this who out there knows some exceptionally talented players in Serbia who are interested in the USA path ages 15-17 , please feel free to list them
                              I know dozens of them and I really hope they won't go to US. Moreover, I consider basketball agents to be modern days slave seller.

There are many cases of Serbian kids going to USA but these so far have been the ones who really have not been successful in making their respective age group national teams over there and so in order to continue playing they intelligently come here in the hopes of pursuing an education through basketball, there has yet to be one of the SUPER talents to actually decide the high school route. As an example of the power in making this choice the Turkish player ENIS KANTER who as an 18 yr old ( too late ) did come to america to play one year at Stonebridge Prep in California, and then competed in the NIKE HOOP SUMMIT game for international squad- was excellent and NBA scouts noticed him instantly , he was recruited by every major D1 program, chose KENTUCKY however he was unfortunately ruled ineligible to play because his home country club team presented some fake contracts so as to hurt his amateur status , if he was here at age 17 then no such problems, BUT anyway his time and practice at Kentucky ELEVATED him to a number 3 pick in this past June's NBA draft - this never would have happened for him so early if he did not take this path and NOW he is a multi millionaire NBA rookie at age 19 ( 3 years 12.4 million rookie contract ). I know there are every year in Serbia 2-3 Enis Kanter type of kids who are being misinformed about this opportunity so please feel free to advertise them on this site , they deserve to expand their options !!
                              We don't have a single Enes Kanter. The guy is a big time talent (with height, weight, athelticism, footwork, range and skills).

Comment

L

Luka Petkovic (PG 6'1 '95 Handsworth, Vancouver) class of 2013.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information