2008 US National Team

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Young_Blood
    Eh it is just another way people take a shot at the US NT. What do you expect, people go out of there way to find a new way to bash the USA NT.
    Who wouldn't bash them they're all traveling steroid abusers!

Look at Tay Prince, he's set to fly off into a roid rage! He'll tear your head off so much as look at you...well after he takes four or five steps with the ball and then brags about it of course

what's sad is I know at least one person will think I'm serious...
    Pistons: 2021-22 Let the Motorcade begin!!

Bronze medal 2013 Eurobasket prediction Game.

Comment

• Proof ... funny people. How naive can one be?

Comment

• Originally posted by g.g
        I respect your opinion but even if the US does get the gold does not really proves anything as all teams including the US have chances to do it.
        If USA wins Gold, the my prediction was correct. Thats all !

Comment

• Originally posted by Dtown

Look at Tay Prince, he's set to fly off into a roid rage! He'll tear your head off so much as look at you...well after he takes four or five steps with the ball and then brags about it of course

Amazing! I never knew Prince was such a great shotblocker! His arms' span are like that of a monkey (I mean that as a compliment ).

Comment

• Originally posted by L8DBACK
            I don't know where you get this information from Unless you can backup your post, this is a dead issue. You need to separate facts from fiction.
            Back up my post? It is a fact that all metal winners in the OG have to pass drug tests. I am actually believe that the US bb team is clean. I am trying to make all people in this forum to understand that IF there is a cheat it would be caught so people can stop throwing empty accusations against the US bb team!
            My god people, you are edgy. What is it, are you scared that your team would not win the gold again?
            sigpic
            GERA ELLADARA MOU!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Rezatron
              I'd like to know where this obtuse fascination with NBA players doping comes from. The Greeks in particular are interested and vocal in this and bring it up every time an international basketball tournament comes around and never else. But then again there media/journalists is perhaps the worst in the world so that might explain it...
              As far as am aware, the Greeks during the last 4 years they have been on the cutting edge in the war against doping testing all their athletes in all sports including bb regularly. They have managed to get many cheats and they seem to be with 3-4 other nations in the foremost against drugs. Regarding the Greek media, I don't really know if they are the within the worst in the world, but i doubt they are as bad as in the US.
              sigpic
              GERA ELLADARA MOU!!!!!

Comment

The US anti-drug agency is strong and determined. They can turn the USA athletics upside down any time day or night, but I doubt they have the power to touch NBA as is a very powerful entity on its own with lots of money behind it. Can you imagine a bb player that costs a club several millions to be punished with two years inactivity because of drugs? I do not believe that the NBA leaders in general or even individual NBA clubs would even allow testers to take a sample. I mean inside the US. The NT is another story as it appears the USA bb does allowing all the players to be tested by WADA during NT season-time of course. Same with football in Europe. in England for example is well known that if testers try to visit the ground to take samples, the security throws them out. The only way for the testers to get a sample is by inviting a certain player/s to visit them. A joke really as even if players do not turn up there is not real punishment. That is because the anti-drug agencies have not real power over certain wealthy federations that refuge to comply. In contrast for example in athletics, all A athletes all over the world have to fill and sign a "whereabouts" form every couple months declaring where they are going to be 24/7. If a tester try to find an athlete with no success is considered a failing test with great punishment. In OG however for any sport to become an Olympic sport, the federation/s have to agreed with the anti-drug policy and any athlete of any sport in the OG must give sample (even blood at 3am) if asked!
                Well, You said it all^^. On the one side, NBA must sell a clean sport, and on the other side, they pay athletes a lot, so they can't afford a star to be said doped. There's a similar cas in france with Le Tour de France. After the Armstrong era, which was proven doped by l'Equipe, teh question was: Are the performances the only factor why the public is watching at the show? And they said: We want a clean sport, they excluded stars for any error, as for Rasmussen who was excluded because of a test he avoided by not telling where he was traning before the race. But, the success stayed. Now, if the NBA loses LBJ on doping, what will the public reaction be?

ps: I believe Taychaun Prince is doped, he took spider hormones in order to get longer arms... this is very expanded in France, with Batum, Ajinca, etc...
                It's a bird? It's a plane? No, it's Rudy!

Comment

I garintiee you if he starts swating people in the olympics people will start flaming and say he fouling, and jumping over players back.... Kind of sad if you think about it.

Comment

I really can't imagine Lebron doping, unless he's been doping since high school cause he's been huge since then. He had an NBA body in his junior year of school, then again maybe I'm being an optimist assuming he's an athletic freak.

BTW if anyone suggests Tayshaun Prince is using you should be committed.
                    when people speak about doping many do not realise how much stuff you can use completely legally these days. In some sports like cycling team doctors are almost more important than managers, coz they select the supplements and drugs for the athletes and they win and lose races just like athletes do. And today's pros do use handfuls of modern chemicals, no secret there. but surely NBA do not do anything illegal, it's not worth the risk, imho, it's not that kind of sport..
                    stop russia

Comment

• Originally posted by damelo
                      Well, You said it all^^. On the one side, NBA must sell a clean sport, and on the other side, they pay athletes a lot, so they can't afford a star to be said doped. There's a similar cas in france with Le Tour de France. After the Armstrong era, which was proven doped by l'Equipe, teh question was: Are the performances the only factor why the public is watching at the show? And they said: We want a clean sport, they excluded stars for any error, as for Rasmussen who was excluded because of a test he avoided by not telling where he was traning before the race. But, the success stayed. Now, if the NBA loses LBJ on doping, what will the public reaction be?

ps: I believe Taychaun Prince is doped, he took spider hormones in order to get longer arms... this is very expanded in France, with Batum, Ajinca, etc...
                      Thanks god somebody understands that I am not attacking anybody, just stating facts....it seems that most US posters they are ready to jump on me whatever I say!!!!
                      sigpic
                      GERA ELLADARA MOU!!!!!

Comment

The US anti-drug agency is strong and determined. They can turn the USA athletics upside down any time day or night, but I doubt they have the power to touch NBA as is a very powerful entity on its own with lots of money behind it. Can you imagine a bb player that costs a club several millions to be punished with two years inactivity because of drugs? I do not believe that the NBA leaders in general or even individual NBA clubs would even allow testers to take a sample. I mean inside the US. The NT is another story as it appears the USA bb does allowing all the players to be tested by WADA during NT season-time of course. Same with football in Europe. in England for example is well known that if testers try to visit the ground to take samples, the security throws them out. The only way for the testers to get a sample is by inviting a certain player/s to visit them. A joke really as even if players do not turn up there is not real punishment. That is because the anti-drug agencies have not real power over certain wealthy federations that refuge to comply. In contrast for example in athletics, all A athletes all over the world have to fill and sign a "whereabouts" form every couple months declaring where they are going to be 24/7. If a tester try to find an athlete with no success is considered a failing test with great punishment. In OG however for any sport to become an Olympic sport, the federation/s have to agreed with the anti-drug policy and any athlete of any sport in the OG must give sample (even blood at 3am) if asked!
                        The NBA isn't any more of a "powerful entity" than Major League Baseball, which has been hit hard by doping investigations. Steroids, HGH and other forms of doping are actually taken pretty seriously (sometimes too seriously) by the U.S. Gov.

IMHO claims of doping by international press, players, and fans are tinged with a hint of jealousy. Get over it, the U.S. produces the best athletes in the world and will continue to do so.
                        Last edited by rikhardur; 08-05-2008, 06:27 PM.

Comment

• The only drug I'm really concerned about Team USA testing positive for is marijuana (Which is used in abundance by NBA players). Of course, it's odd that weed would be a banned substance in the Games because it probably worsens your play.

As far as US drug use, I agree we do a good job of enforcement, heck, we have people in prison because of it. Unfortunately, there are some sports so ridiculously competitive in the US (like track and field) that the temptation for drug use is always around.

Comment

• 1. I hope Coach K has alot more in his bag of tricks then simply having the USA play one on one's all day and simply create offense out of thin air. I hope he has some plays and sets for different players and will give Michael Redd more playing time then he has been giving him. More set plays need to be run for Michael Redd to get open looks at the basket which will force teams away from that collapsable zone.

2. Did anyone watch 1st and 10 this morning? Wow, can you say that most ESPN commentators know about as much about international basketball as they know about soccer? I mean seriously, Skip Bayless aid the outcome of the tournament might depend on Manu's ankle LOL! When ARgentina are probably behind Spain, Lithuania and Greece in ability this year. Seriously most of them shouldnt even commentate on International basketball without knowing the facts. Michael Wilbon seems to be the only guy on ESPN who knows the international game a little bit

Comment

• Originally posted by jhizzle
                              The NBA isn't any more of a "powerful entity" than Major League Baseball, which has been hit hard by doping investigations. Steroids, HGH and other forms of doping are actually taken pretty seriously (sometimes too seriously) by the U.S. Gov.

IMHO claims of doping by international press, players, and fans are tinged with a hint of jealousy. Get over it, the U.S. produces the best athletes in the world and will continue to do so.
                              That was a truly "amateur" reply. There are many powerful and rich federations all over the world. The key is how much each is willing to comply. NBA or Euroleague are certainly some of those that are not. Just ask yourself a simple question, how many times did you actually read in the sports pages that an NBA team had to be drug-tested? Have you ever? comments like jealousy are for schoolkids in the playground.
                              sigpic
                              GERA ELLADARA MOU!!!!!

Comment

Have you ever?
                                Have you ever made a constructive post? Or are you just here to troll on the US thread?

Arrogant British sailer:

That error meant Ainslie had to settle for a silver medal, an experience he vowed never to repeat.

Sailing was the one sport I could really do well in. I wanted to get to the top and I've always been one of these people who doesn't like losing. That's why I compete - to win. I'm not interested in anything else. Without sounding arrogant I've had a really good run the last three years - I've won all my events in the Finn.

And my two goals since then have stayed the same - to win Olympic gold and the America's Cup.
                                Ben Ainslie, the third British hopeful in our series, talks to Donald McRae about his drive to win sailing gold
                                Originally posted by Fedfan
                                Most ppl get childish when they lose.
                                Originally posted by GuTO
                                refs in games of Spain walks with literally poop in his pants afraid of the Spanish players

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information