2008 US National Team

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bobo81
    Sounds mean but I am glad to see Billups cut...he just cant cut it in the international game...
    Has he been cut officially? I hope so. I agree that he just hasn't performed as well as our guards need to perform. I think he has this attitude that "we're gonna' win in the end."
    Chandler vs Bosh is interesting. Both of them lack coordination in the defensive game so I dont know which side to go with. Both have a different style of scoring, but if Id have to choose it'd be Bosh because he is a better scorer imo.
    I agree. I'd like to see Bosh start. I'm still not convinced about Chandler.
    "I really like the attitudes of eagles. They never give up. When they grab a fish or something else, they never let it go. It doesn't matter. In a book, they write they find a skeleton of [an] eagle and there is no fish. It means that the fish beat him and killed him, but he didn't let go." -- Donatas Motiejunas

Comment

Sorry I should have said "I am glad to see the people here cut Billups from their roster" ... No I don't think he has been officially cut. But I wouldn't mind

BTW no one is saying anything about Arenas. I am not crazy with this idea but from what I remember he said he wanted to be on the team badly. Or was that Amare?
      "...I got the hand that will rock your craddle / cream you like cheese spread you on my bagel..." - Shaq

Comment

that was arenas bobo
        "A nationality that easily feels wronged is an insecure one, and one that will be difficult to progress."-Anonymous

Comment

Arenas isn't in the mix anymore:
          Gilbert Arenas will not be invited to try out for the U.S. Men's Olympic basketball team this summer but says, "no hard feelings from me."

His latest injury and contract situation would probably take him out of consideration anyway, plus I'm not sure even a healthy Arenas brings anything that this team doesn't already have.

Maybe David West should be in consideration, I don't know who he'd replace though.
          Originally posted by Fedfan
          Most ppl get childish when they lose.
          Originally posted by GuTO
          refs in games of Spain walks with literally poop in his pants afraid of the Spanish players

Comment

West would definately be a better choice than Stoudemire.

If I would be Team USA coach I might chose these players:

Billups, Lowry
            Bryant, Bowen, Kapono
            Battier, Anthony, Odom
            Boozer, West
            R.Wallace, Howard

But won't sell enough jerseys, so Nike wouldn't approve it.
            Last edited by DanMajerle; 05-05-2008, 11:35 PM.
            "It's not about four guys working to get one player open and give the ball to him."- Ettore Messina

Sanchez, Ginobili, Basile, Kukoc, Sabonis

Comment

Mine:

PG: Deron Williams, Andre Miller
              SG: Brandon Roy, Anthony Parker, Jason Kapono
              SF: Shane Battier, Tayshaun Prince
              PF: David West, Carlos Boozer, Carl Landry
              C: Tim Duncan, Tyson Chandler

David West is a must-have imo, considering how efficient he is on the long two pointer. But obviously it is once again more about having all the superstars on the team than anything else (read: a well-balanced team with role players that actually know how to play a role, and don't just do it for one summer; and a team that might play well under FIBA rules). Stoudamire is too much of a defensive liability. I know Duncan stated he'll never play under FIBA rules again, but this team is never going to happen anyway, so why not include him. He is a force and plays unselfish ball. Team chemistry is never an issue with him. Deron Williams is asked to score a lot in the league, but he knows how to run a structured offense and pass the ball first. Miller plays the unselfish backup. Roy is an undersized off guard who can make plays. Not much to write about Parker, Prince, Battier. Glue-guys who will make you win. Battier also can play the 4 if you go small. Kapono, outstanding shooter. Boozer is as good a banger as you'll see, Chandler will block shots, and Landry could be a useful 12th guy who won't complain, but might still play efficient ball in limited floor time.

Pop or Sloan should be good headcoaches for that team. Coach K not so, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by DanMajerle
                West would definately be a better choice than Stoudemire.

If I would be Team USA coach I might chose these players:

Billups, Lowry
                Bryant, Bowen, Kapono
                Battier, Anthony, Odom
                Boozer, West
                R.Wallace, Howard

But won't sell enough jerseys, so Nike wouldn't approve it.
                Your brilliant post has caused me to reconsider things. The new starting lineup:

Prince (not Tayshaun)
                Freddy Adu
                mvblair
                Big Brown
                Soulja Boy
                Originally posted by Fedfan
                Most ppl get childish when they lose.
                Originally posted by GuTO
                refs in games of Spain walks with literally poop in his pants afraid of the Spanish players

Comment

Originally posted by JGX
                  mvblair
                  Mvblair doesn't sell enough jerseys too.

Comment

No shooters?, i.e., Michael Redd or Mike Miller. I thought that the USA Team needed a higher percentage shooting team to break the zone? Personally,. don't need Wade on the team. I would keep the team intact from the FIBA Americas with a few exceptions.

Kobe
                    James
                    Anthony

Howard
                    Stodemire
                    Chandler

Kidd
                    Billups

Mike Miller
                    Michael Redd

Williams
                    Derek Fisher

Comment

Originally posted by L8DBACK
                      No shooters?, i.e., Michael Redd or Mike Miller. I thought that the USA Team needed a higher percentage shooting team to break the zone? Personally,. don't need Wade on the team. I would keep the team intact from the FIBA Americas with a few exceptions.

Kobe
                      James
                      Anthony

Howard
                      Stodemire
                      Chandler

Kidd
                      Billups

Mike Miller
                      Michael Redd

Williams
                      Derek Fisher

Where's Chris Paul??? The way he's dominating the NBA playoffs and Kidd's less than superb season, thats a switch I'll definatly make!
                      Plus I would bring back Shak for Mike Miller as backup center

Comment

Originally posted by JGX
                        Prince (not Tayshaun)
                        Freddy Adu
                        mvblair
                        Big Brown
                        Soulja Boy
                        I'll play with Prince, but Soulja Boy? Come on. I'm a Cavs fan. Let's replace him with you.
                        Originally posted by robbe
                        Mvblair doesn't sell enough jerseys too.
                        Maybe I should start an on-line store.
                        Personally,. don't need Wade on the team. I would keep the team intact from the FIBA Americas with a few exceptions.
                        I think we should keep that roster too, and I think we should dump Wade. I'd put Chris Paul on the team, though. This guy is playing out of his mind. I'm jumping on his bandwagon.

Robbe, I'd also like to see Anthony Parker on the team. He's a very, very talented swingman. He knows the international game better than any of our domestic players.
                        "I really like the attitudes of eagles. They never give up. When they grab a fish or something else, they never let it go. It doesn't matter. In a book, they write they find a skeleton of [an] eagle and there is no fish. It means that the fish beat him and killed him, but he didn't let go." -- Donatas Motiejunas

Comment

Kobe
                          James
                          Anthony

Howard
                          Stodemire
                          Chandler

Kidd
                          Billups

Mike Miller
                          Michael Redd

Williams
                          Derek Fisher
                          I like Miller and Redd, its just that they are not my front running choices. I also have to say that they can indeed break zone with their shooting...............that is if they are shooting good, cause we all have seen them cold!
                          "...I got the hand that will rock your craddle / cream you like cheese spread you on my bagel..." - Shaq

Comment

soulja boy?!?! wtf

canw e start a petition to give to NBA reps of how the majority of americans dont want d wade on the natl team, gees IF D WADE IS PART OF THE TEAM, at best we will get bronze. i personally will have lowered my standards for my country's natl team. damn it just having him mentioned in the squad gets me steamin
                            "A nationality that easily feels wronged is an insecure one, and one that will be difficult to progress."-Anonymous

Comment

From those comments Coach K finally gets it and finally has woken up and will try to do his job this time, BUT from those comments Colangelo is a freaking moron that has to go.

Comment

Originally posted by bobo81
                                I like Miller and Redd, its just that they are not my front running choices. I also have to say that they can indeed break zone with their shooting...............that is if they are shooting good, cause we all have seen them cold!
                                Where did you see them cold? Recently in the NBA? or the FIBA Americas? How often do they get cold? Lebron, Carmelo, or Kobe should be able to pick-up the slack. So who is your front running choices?

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information