No announcement yet.

Lebanese Players abroad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[English or provide a translation] does he have the lebanease nationality?
    Last edited by rikhardur; 08-05-2008, 02:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by karim111
      [English or provide a translation] does he have the lebanease nationality?
      no idea.
      please try to write in english.
      Last edited by rikhardur; 08-05-2008, 02:35 PM.
      Proud to be Lebanese
      www.arabasket.com

Comment

Originally posted by Charbel Sakr
        Link?
        i found it on google.
        Proud to be Lebanese
        www.arabasket.com

Comment

Here are the some names of players with Lebanese origin who are playing or live abroad, Some of them have a big career which may help Lebanon National Team

1- Matt Freije (206-F-81, agency: Priority Sports, college: Vanderbilt) :
          Matt's father is originally from Lebanon, He's a Big man with a sweet shooting touch. A pure shooter who can hit both the three-pointer and the midrange jumper with consistency. Is a tough match-up for any defender because of his great height, length and athleticism, Matt played professionaly in the NBA, Greece, Pureto Rico and Germany.

2- Antwain Barbour (196-G/F-82, agency: Court Side, college: Kentucky):
          A black skin forward but his grandfather is lebanese, The ex-Kentucky University player was one of the big names in the Spanish 2nd division (LEB Gold) with Tenerife Rural for the last 3 seasons, He also had the chance to play in Venezuela and some clubs inside the US.

3- Elias Mutran (199-F-80, agency: Globalsports/Globalevents):
          The greek lebanese forward will play in Greece next year with Division B side SEGA Arkadios after having the chance to be in Division A last season with Sporting Athens, His career is full of success so far esspecially with the teams he played with in the 2nd division.

4- Adriano Machado (207-C-83):
          The brazilian big man is trying to finish his papers to bring back his lebanese passport, His performance was totally impressive in Chile last season as he was chosen in the Chilean All-Imports team, He averaged 15.6 ppg & 9.6 rpg, He also played with many teams inside brazil.

5- Joe Ferris (201-F-82, college: Canisius):
          An athletic forward who gives an all-around depth virtually by himself to any team, He played before in Lebanon with Sagesse, Finland was another place he played very well, His last season was in USA with Syracuse Bullies in ABA.

6- Jean-Paul Afif (206-F-80, agency: World Sport Agency, college: Loyola Marymount):
          Afif is now working on two lines, Playing and Coaching, He's a true Forward, position 4. Big body, likes to mix it up. Rugged rebounder that can play both ends of the floor. Good strong athlete. Very coachable, has an excellent attitude and character on/off the basketball court; very well-polished.

His experience was concentrated in USA as he played also in Turkey and Italy, He had his 1st oportunity to be a head coach in the states with Texas Tycoons (ABA) & Dallas Defenders (PBL) adding to playing with both at the same time.
          Source

Comment

Originally posted by MALEK
            Here are the some names of players with Lebanese origin who are playing or live abroad, Some of them have a big career which may help Lebanon National Team

1- Matt Freije (206-F-81, agency: Priority Sports, college: Vanderbilt) :
            Matt's father is originally from Lebanon, He's a Big man with a sweet shooting touch. A pure shooter who can hit both the three-pointer and the midrange jumper with consistency. Is a tough match-up for any defender because of his great height, length and athleticism, Matt played professionaly in the NBA, Greece, Pureto Rico and Germany.

2- Antwain Barbour (196-G/F-82, agency: Court Side, college: Kentucky):
            A black skin forward but his grandfather is lebanese, The ex-Kentucky University player was one of the big names in the Spanish 2nd division (LEB Gold) with Tenerife Rural for the last 3 seasons, He also had the chance to play in Venezuela and some clubs inside the US.

3- Elias Mutran (199-F-80, agency: Globalsports/Globalevents):
            The greek lebanese forward will play in Greece next year with Division B side SEGA Arkadios after having the chance to be in Division A last season with Sporting Athens, His career is full of success so far esspecially with the teams he played with in the 2nd division.

4- Adriano Machado (207-C-83):
            The brazilian big man is trying to finish his papers to bring back his lebanese passport, His performance was totally impressive in Chile last season as he was chosen in the Chilean All-Imports team, He averaged 15.6 ppg & 9.6 rpg, He also played with many teams inside brazil.

5- Joe Ferris (201-F-82, college: Canisius):
            An athletic forward who gives an all-around depth virtually by himself to any team, He played before in Lebanon with Sagesse, Finland was another place he played very well, His last season was in USA with Syracuse Bullies in ABA.

6- Jean-Paul Afif (206-F-80, agency: World Sport Agency, college: Loyola Marymount):
            Afif is now working on two lines, Playing and Coaching, He's a true Forward, position 4. Big body, likes to mix it up. Rugged rebounder that can play both ends of the floor. Good strong athlete. Very coachable, has an excellent attitude and character on/off the basketball court; very well-polished.

His experience was concentrated in USA as he played also in Turkey and Italy, He had his 1st oportunity to be a head coach in the states with Texas Tycoons (ABA) & Dallas Defenders (PBL) adding to playing with both at the same time.
            Source
            I think bringing any of the players mentioned above (especially Machado and Freije) would definitely help improve the level of our NT if they get naturalized.

Comment

Adriano Machado cant play with our national team because he already played with another national team like rony saykali he played with us under 18 so they didnt let him play in asia with lebanon.

american under 18 national team
              Last edited by rikhardur; 08-16-2008, 02:47 PM. Reason: Posts merged: short time between consecutive posts

Comment

Originally posted by roody
                Adriano Machado cant play with our national team because he already played with another national team like rony saykali he played with us under 18 so they didnt let him play in asia with lebanon.
                U do know that Rony Seikaly did play with the Lebanese NT in the West Asian Championship in Lebanon in 2001 (Even though he got sued by the New Jersey Nets because of that; He was recovering from an injury and wasn't supposed to play any b-ball).
                Yeah I also remember how Olajuwon played with the US team and that's why he couldn't play with Nigeria.

Comment

Originally posted by Khalid80
                  U do know that Rony Seikaly did play with the Lebanese NT in the West Asian Championship in Lebanon in 2001 (Even though he got sued by the New Jersey Nets because of that; He was recovering from an injury and wasn't supposed to play any b-ball).
                  Yeah I also remember how Olajuwon played with the US team and that's why he couldn't play with Nigeria.

Before that time that possible, u can play with different national teams if u hold the nationalities

even a soccer player played 2 worldcups with 2 different NTs but around the year 2000 or 2001 they made the rule that prohibited this

and i also think that sikaly played in 1999 with us

Comment

Are you sure that Adriano Machado could not play with us. i think the rule you are talking about is only for the USA national teams.

Comment

Originally posted by Khalid80
                      I think bringing any of the players mentioned above (especially Machado and Freije) would definitely help improve the level of our NT if they get naturalized.
                      Khalid,they are lebanese.we only need to get back their nationality.
                      Proud to be Lebanese
                      www.arabasket.com

Comment

Originally posted by Charbel Sakr
                        Before that time that possible, u can play with different national teams if u hold the nationalities

even a soccer player played 2 worldcups with 2 different NTs but around the year 2000 or 2001 they made the rule that prohibited this

and i also think that sikaly played in 1999 with us
                        Yeah, they probably weren't that strict on this issue during those times.
                        Seikaly did play in 1999 and not 2001 (I mixed up the years). I watched all the games for the Lebanese team in the "Madina Al Riyadieh" and i was able to have a few words with Seikaly and get his autograph .

Comment

Originally posted by daniab
                          Khalid,they are lebanese.we only need to get back their nationality.
                          Yeah I know. I actually meant regaining their original Lebanese nationality.

Comment

these 6 names are nothing guys,we have around 200 players outside lebanon.
                            We need to bring at least 6 or 7 to Lebanon,some are really effective and the tallest especially.
                            We have to keep an eye on the twins Tabet (206-F/C-87) as future prospects on pos 4/5, bringing Adriano Machada is very important,since he has a lot of international experience,hes playing as a foreign player in Chile.Also Jean Paul afif is really a goot fit !!!

and the big dream is to bring Matt freije and Antwain barbour,both will chance the structure in asia im sure.
                            Theres many players to watch,i hope the federation will give this subject an opportunity.
                            Proud to be Lebanese
                            www.arabasket.com

Comment

these 6 names are nothing guys,we have around 200 players outside lebanon.
                              We need to bring at least 6 or 7 to Lebanon,some are really effective and the tallest especially.
                              We have to keep an eye on the twins Tabet (206-F/C-87) as future prospects on pos 4/5, bringing Adriano Machada is very important,since he has a lot of international experience,hes playing as a foreign player in Chile.Also Jean Paul afif is really a goot fit !!!

and the big dream is to bring Matt freije and Antwain barbour,both will chance the structure in asia im sure.
                              Theres many players to watch,i hope the federation will give this subject an opportunity.
                              Yeah but not all 200 are great (It's not just about the quantity, it's about the quality )
                              Imo I think that there are like 20-25 decent Lebanese playing abroad or from Lebanese origin that can be really helpful for the Lebanese NT+Lebanese league whom should be contacted (I don't think players like Freije or Barbour will play in the Lebanese League since they are making much more money than can be offered for them here, but we should at least try to see if they are willing to play for the Lebanese NT).

Comment

yes i know.
                                But at least we should try with them !
                                I agree. Let's hope at least that they care about playing in Lebanon.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information