This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dreamwalker
    You have a very deep pool of 80 Lebanese players abroad and at least 20 players standing 210 cms (6'11) tall or more and not to exclude talents waiting to be discovered. The New Tall Lebanon Team is ready to go beyond Asia and be world beaters. In full strength China, Iran and Lebanon are the real big 3 in Asian basketball, not necessarily in that order.

Sorry about the situation in Lebanon, if all people can only live in peace and harmony, things would be a little bit better for all of us.
    yea these players will be drafted this summer,as the NBA draft,the strong will be picked by the last team.I will not go off topic but yea these players will help us but honestly only i care about the young players that are many and who should be followed by our federation till they finish their careers in USA and let them play a pro basketball in Lebanon as we did with Elie Estephan (21years-14.4 ppg this season).
    Proud to be Lebanese
    www.arabasket.com

Comment

• Originally posted by interxavierxxx
      Best regards to you too, you're also lucky that Israel is not included in the Asian region as they were before during the 70s. If they were, I'm pretty sure the competition in Asia will be a lot sticky since Israel is a team that shouldn't be underestimated. They proved this by beating Serbia who were like twice as big as they were.
      Actually, there are some similarities between Lebanon and Israel in terms of basketball. As everyone knows, most of their nationals went abroad to escape war, they inter-married, got assimilated in a new society in their host country and improved their stock, got taller, heftier and exposed to either european or american brand of basketball.

Israel utilizes the same principle of recruitment process, that is why they play more like the western brand of basketball. I forgot the Israeli ball club was it Tel Aviv ? who beat at least 2 NBA teams and that was a testament of their basketball strength. Lebanon is heading on the same path. Not to touch anyone's sensibilities with regards to other issues, I express my own personal views strickly in a plain basketball sense.

And the Philippines, fortunately we didn't become an american state, the thing is if we did, there will be no more Philippine thread, no more filipinos left behind, no more balikbayans, no more TNT's and everyone will surely be "spokening dollars"
      Last edited by dreamwalker; 04-29-2008, 12:10 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by dreamwalker
        Actually, there are some similarities between Lebanon and Israel in terms of basketball. As everyone knows, most of their nationals went abroad to escape war, they inter-married, got assimilated in a new society in their host country and improved their stock, got taller, heftier and exposed to either european or american brand of basketball.

Israel utilizes the same principle of recruitment process, that is why they play more like the western brand of basketball. I forgot the Israeli club team who beat at least 2 NBA teams and this is a testament of their strength. Lebanon is heading on the same path.

If only we can settle all our differences on the basketball court.
        Its the Maccabi Tel-Aviv you're talking, they won several Euroleague championship and among their imports were Anthony Parker and Maceo Baston of Toronto Raptors and Jasekevicius, a former Pacers. I think Lebanon will have a very hard time beating the Israel NT and If Israel is still playing in Asia I think they will be in the top 5.David Blatt who coached the Russian NT is also an Israeli.

Comment

• gentlemen, this thread is about "2008 RP Youth Team"...

Comment

• Originally posted by Project_Olympics
            then? -_-
            they fought women, its a no challenge game
            even the kanto boys can defeat them
            PWU has a men's team. It's the men's team that the RP Youth beat. PWU has been co-ed for ages.
            Keep running, big boy.

Comment

then? -_-
              they fought women, its a no challenge game
              even the kanto boys can defeat them

you're so funny Proj. Olympics

<--- science always wins over bullshit --->

Comment

• ^ Nancy Navalta!
                Keep running, big boy.

Comment

• men enrolling in a women university, that's sick
                  this is also a no challenge game since i think that university basketball team is weak

Comment

men enrolling in a women university, that's sick
                    this is also a no challenge game since i think that university basketball team is weak
                    ^Go tell that to the thousands of males who have studied there. Do you also mean that non-Christians should not study in PCU, or that non-Filipinos should not study in UP? BTW, I think PWU should change its name to something like "Benitez University" (after its founder) or something, just to remove the notion that only women study there.

PWU is known for its nursing and music programs. And men have been studying there since the 70's. I know someone who studied computer science there and he turned out OK.

It may be a weak team, but it's still a team of players much older and more experienced than the RP Youth members.
                    Keep running, big boy.

Comment

• Most males are nursing studes. Careful for "handcheck" fouls...
                      SMART GILAS: all the way

Comment

• Originally posted by JonarSabilano
                        PWU is known for its nursing and music programs. And men have been studying there since the 70's. I know someone who studied computer science there and he turned out OK.
                        Correct. Their Fine Arts dept. is also worth mentioning.

Comment

• Originally posted by darkknight1200
                          Correct. Their Fine Arts dept. is also worth mentioning.
                          Now that you mentioned it, I think PWU's Fine Arts department will be holding an exhibit soon. I found a poster of theirs at Cubao Expo and it seems that their Graphic Design program has improved a lot.
                          Keep running, big boy.

Comment

• ooooooohhhhhh ok, sori yo! my bad
                            was surprised at the score
                            it's like they fought against girls

Comment

• PWU has a branch in Cebu in case you didn't know. I dunno what's being offered there.
                              "There are only three kinds of mathematicians: those who can count, and those who can not."

Ana "The Hurricane" Julaton - 1st Filipino Female Boxer Double Word Champion.

Comment

• Originally posted by ankle breaker
                                philippines will surely bounce back from the previous debacles they suffered in the previous tournaments here in asia. for sure they will return with a bang.
                                yup, support the NT all the way!
                                NEW ORLEANS HORNETS 2008

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information